• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzo

Well, I guess I can try when I have time. When's the next race? Do you do tournaments on workdays as well? Or just weekends?

Added you, I'm RingabelD (My Mii's name is John if I remember correctly).

Anytime of the day! You just have to pop in and out of the OT whenever just to see if somebody's playing :)

I don't think I have added you yet on my Wii U. I'll do that as well!

berzeli

Banned
Thanks for the advice, everyone. The problem is that I'm in the same friend group with her and we live in the same building (college dorm) so I can't really get away from her.

Oh, yeah. That makes things significantly harder. Still the advice given isn't bad, and I'm personally not a big fan of trying to avoid people since that can end up awkward and weird.

Have you talked to her about this, i.e. is she aware how you feel?

Kater

Banned
Anytime of the day! You just have to pop in and out of the OT whenever just to see if somebody's playing :)

I don't think I have added you yet on my Wii U. I'll do that as well!
What's your Wii U nick?

I already have you in my friend list, Chocolate Mousse. ;)
That's not your nick, I know

Caladrius

Applying for college a 2nd time while having to do VA benefits is awful.

Aside from the standard "submit test scores, send high school transcripts, make the application to the college + and pay the application fee" I have to request the transcripts from my previous college (which charges 10$US per copy). After that I have to transfer my VA benefits to the regional office and apply for those as before. And because I'm going to school in a different state I get to speak with an academic advisor to see what credits I can transfer and see how much money gets ripped up right in front of me.

I generally try to refrain from bitching about non-personal things on here, but I'm fucking infuriated that I have to jump through nearly twice as many hoops through little fault of my own. (And If I may be blunt a 20 year old without a degree making enough to live on his own is a tall order)

This is unfortunately a Gafwide issue. :/

I see a fair bit of women, though I suppose since that's already a minority the occurrence of Lesbians among the GAF population is quite small (And the number that would be interested in what we often talk about narrows it down even further.). Hopefully that changes with time.

I still lurk, though not a lesbian.

Ah, good to see you're still around.
I was wondering where you went.

Vinooooooooooo happy Saturdayyyh

Hello Hello

I keep forgetting what day it is.

Kater

Banned
Red! Lots of it. The beauty of attending a dinner party where you don't know anyone. :)

I had some red as well. French wine. 14 Euros a bottle. Really good stuff. "Chateau Tour Du Cauze", whatever that means.

If I'd ever went to a dinner party, I'd probably ruin it would I drink there. ;p

Mr. F

Banned
I had some red as well. French wine. 14 Euros a bottle. Really good stuff. "Chateau Tour Du Cauze", whatever that means.

If I'd ever went to a dinner party, I'd probably ruin it would I drink there. ;p

Sounds fancy! I don't even know what I'm having, I just popped the cork and went for it.

I've been keeping my mouth shut for that reason but stifling laughs once in a while thanks to sai's texts >.>

Kater

Banned
Sounds fancy! I don't even know what I'm having, I just popped the cork and went for it.

I've been keeping my mouth shut for that reason but stifling laughs once in a while thanks to sai's texts >.>
Oh no Sai, don't ruin the Dinner party for him with funny messages! :(

Anyway, sounds like you have got a "Bingo!" (=free wine). I want to go to parties but nobody seems interested in doinf one. ;(

WonderzL

Banned
Added El_Gato and SoraanTribal to Wii U! My nick is Lmalafaia, btw, if anyone wants to add me too (MK8 and soon Smash, hopefully).

Sai-kun

Banned
Somewhat, though right now it feels like I'm just trying to recover.

I can't drink on this new medication, like, nuclear levels of bad idea :(

Agh that's a bummer, babe. :( <3 I miss our drunken cider nights.

Eh, i wasn't feeling too great earlier tonight, and I'm just sort of self-aware enough to know that turning to getting drunk might not be the best option for when I feel depressed.

Fuck.

I found out a close friend occasionally does bareback. He assures me he gets tested and only does it occasionally with people he trusts and knows well, but hearing that induced this horrid flash of panic and concern. I let him know of my worries, and he's been gracious in listening and trying to reassure me, rather than getting upset at me, but it's still weighing on me.

It's not really my business since I'm not affected by it, but he's a dear friend, and the thought of him at risk like that is hard to stomach.

I just feel lost on how to deal with this emotionally.

Mr. F

Banned
Oh no Sai, don't ruin the Dinner party for him with funny messages! :(

Anyway, sounds like you have got a "Bingo!" (=free wine). I want to go to parties but nobody seems interested in doinf one. ;(

Definitely a bingo, lotta wine lotta beer ootta food and I'm done <3

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALEX (KITCHENMOTORS).

tumblr_ncyq9mNvHP1scmxpyo1_500.gif

Happy Birthday kitchenmotors! :) Hope you have a great one!

Fuck.

I found out a close friend occasionally does bareback. He assures me he gets tested and only does it occasionally with people he trusts and knows well, but hearing that induced this horrid flash of panic and concern. I let him know of my worries, and he's been gracious in listening and trying to reassure me, rather than getting upset at me, but it's still weighing on me.

It's not really my business since I'm not affected by it, but he's a dear friend, and the thought of him at risk like that is hard to stomach.

I'm sorry you're feeling lost on dealing with this. I have to admit, I would probably be concerned too if one of my friends was doing this, but at the end of the day, it's his life and his choice. He knows your concern and maybe that will influence his future decisions on the matter. Let's hope he can actually trust the people he does that with, but it's still so risky.

Grizzo

Happy birthday Kitchenmotors!

Yay! Need more peeps on Wii U. ;)

Added El_Gato and SoraanTribal to Wii U! My nick is Lmalafaia, btw, if anyone wants to add me too (MK8 and soon Smash, hopefully).

Added both of you!

What's your Wii U nick?

I already have you in my friend list, Chocolate Mousse. ;)
That's not your nick, I know

Hahaha yeah I figured that out a little too late!

3 Hours Walking in NYC as a homosexual

I didn't knew gays had a dress code. Let me go and give my gay card back to the gay police.

Yeah, this is actually quite offensive. We're not all dressed like that.

And I'm not buying that disclaimer at the beginning of the video about how it's about "spreading awareness to the harassment of homosexuals". If he really means it, then that was a poor way to do so.

As usual the comments below that YouTube video are absolutely fucking disgusting. Oh well, what can you do.

Golnei

Yeah, this is actually quite offensive. We're not all dressed like that.

And I'm not buying that disclaimer at the beginning of the video about how it's about "spreading awareness to the harassment of homosexuals". If he really means it, then that was a poor way to do so.

To me, it came across as concern trolling. I'm sure dragging out tired stereotypes and holding them up unexamined as accurate representations of an entire demographic does a great job at 'raising awareness' and promoting a dialogue regarding discrimination. Though I guess insightful social commentary shouldn't be expected of a channel whose other work apparently includes "Dropping Dildos In Public Prank", "Farting in the Library Prank" and "Extreme Farting on People Prank."

I'm sorry you're feeling lost on dealing with this. I have to admit, I would probably be concerned too if one of my friends was doing this, but at the end of the day, it's his life and his choice. He knows your concern and maybe that will influence his future decisions on the matter. Let's hope he can actually trust the people he does that with, but it's still so risky.
Thanks for replying. You're right, though. I sent him a message explaining where I was coming from, and why I'll worry about him. But I also explained that whatever misgivings or concerns I have, they're ultimately mine, and though I'll voice concerns as his friend where appropriate, I'll always support him and hope for his safety. He responded really well to that, so I'm at least feeling better.

I had no idea he had a gay brother. Very sweet letter, too.

Thanks for replying. You're right, though. I sent him a message explaining where I was coming from, and why I'll worry about him. But I also explained that whatever misgivings or concerns I have, they're ultimately mine, and though I'll voice concerns as his friend where appropriate, I'll always support him and hope for his safety. He responded really well to that, so I'm at least feeling better.

It sounds like you handled it well. He knows your concerns, but you will still support him as a friend. I'm glad to hear he responded well to your message, and glad that you're feeling better, too. Like I said, who knows, maybe your response/message will make him reconsider the next time he wants to do that. Let's hope so for his safety. From now on, I would just drop it though since he knows how you feel and from here on, it's his choice to do it.

Dany

Banned
Fuck.

That's so risky and scary. I know I wouldn't ever unless in a committed relationship.

Fuck.

I don't think I'll ever have non bareback sex again. But then again, I don't hook up with people I don't know and it would have to be with someone I trust, and they would have to be willing to get tested before I would even do anything with them to begin with. Even before kissing someone I would require an oral examination by a doctor. There is a way to do bareback and keep the risk down to a fraction of a percent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom