• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caladrius

I'm playing Alpha Sapphire at school. Life's gud. Except for that part when I found out that my Treecko has a nature that lowers physical attack :( I should restart my game now.

I keep getting good natures without trying.

We can trade luck as soon as I manage to get a shiny Ralts in White 2.

Which I don't need luck for because I can RNG. Then again I'm bad enough at it that me hitting the right frame is basically luck.

Unrelated but those were godly if you loved PB. Totally forgot about them till someone posted them in the 80s thread.
Peanut Butter and Ice Cream seems like it'd be super-gooey.

berzeli

Banned
So I had to get rid of Muzei (wallpaper app) since it kept messing with my phone, anyone got any suggestions for a new wallpaper (app or photo)?

I like stuff that is fairly abstract and clean (both in design and content). Stuff like this, this and this

Grakl

Playing only Team Smash with da BF is pretty fun. I wish online wasn't laggy, though -- I wouldn't ever play Smash 4 by myself.

daripad

Playing only Team Smash with da BF is pretty fun. I wish online wasn't laggy, though -- I wouldn't ever play Smash 4 by myself.

I found online on the WiiU version was smoother than on the 3DS version.

Guys, I thought I have learnes my lesson: I have a crush on a (supposedly) straight guy again 😣

Grakl

Because there is no Smash Run (lol I love that mode) and care more about playing with/against my BF than playing against other people.

I found online on the WiiU version was smoother than on the 3DS version.

Guys, I thought I have learnes my lesson: I have a crush on a (supposedly) straight guy again 😣

It's definitely smoother, but not smooth enough for me. Also, you can't do much about crushes lol, they are what they are.

he assumed
Well that's dumb.

berzeli

Banned
My boyfriend found out i was bi and now hes mad at me for not telling him about it.

Angry at you not telling him or angry at you being bi? Are you still arguing?

If it is the former then he might "just" be upset about you not trusting him enough to tell him. Getting angry may not have been a constructive, rational or fair response but unfortunately everyone don't always have rational responses. This can usually be worked through when tempers have cooled. At that point try talking about the whys of the situation; i.e. why you didn't tell him, why did he get angry.

If he's angry at you being bi, then yeesh. I'm not sure what to tell you, that issue is way thornier and there isn't some general advice I can dispense. It depends so much on what he feels about you being bi and why he takes issue with it.

KmA

Ahhh I still need to get Smash Bros. 3DS, but finals...

Anyways does anyone listen to Troye Sivan? His EP is quite good, Fun is my jam.

Since august

Like berzeli said, it's understandable if it's simply because you didn't tell him earlier. You've been together since only 3 months so I guess it's not that big of a deal tho.

I remember when my friends and I learnt that one of our friend was gay and actually had a boyfriend since half a year. We were kinda pissed at him because he didn't tell us earlier.

If he's angry at you because you're bi then... I guess he can go suck a bag of dicks? That would be pretty shitty. :/

Kater

Banned
I know right? All of this just feels punitive as hell, like we Europeans don't deserve those games, and if we behave we're gonna get them eventually.

Smash U was supposed to come out the 5th of December in Europe but they finally changed the date to the 28th of November (I don't know it's because of the backlash they received or just because we didn't misbehave and deserved a treat or something).

It wouldn't be that bad if there were other games released in the meantime but outside of Smash, they have nothing new to show for the holidays (and even then, Smash is gonna have been out for a month when the 25th December is here).

Same with Kirby, what the hell are we gonna get in February instead of it? Nothing.
You said it. I'm glad I have my PC with a backlog on Steam and GOG or else the video game draughts that the 3DS (to a lesser extent) and the Wii U have here in Europe would make me even more annoyed.

Grizzo

You said it. I'm glad I have my PC with a backlog on Steam and GOG or else the video game draughts that the 3DS (to a lesser extent) and the Wii U have here in Europe would make me even more annoyed.

Well I have many games still unwrapped like Bayonetta 1&2, Hyrule Warriors and Sonic Boom (well I think the last one is gonna stay wrapped for a long time), and Smash and Pokémon are coming, but what Nintendo has to offer is not nearly enough. The Wii U can't possibly survive in those conditions.

It's their own damn fault for treating third-party developers like crap. Hope they'll learn their lesson this time but somehow I doubt it...

Kater

Banned
Well I have many games still unwrapped like Bayonetta 1&2, Hyrule Warriors and Sonic Boom (well I think the last one is gonna stay wrapped for a long time), and Smash and Pokémon are coming, but what Nintendo has to offer is not nearly enough. The Wii U can't possibly survive in those conditions.

It's their own damn fault for treating third-party developers like crap. Hope they'll learn their lesson this time but somehow I doubt it...
Which third-party developers? 😉 (I know what you mean, just joking around)

I hope the Wii U can get at least a ton of smaller games here like The Swapper, which is a brilliant game by the way. Played it on PC and I'm considering buying it again on the console just to support the dev and to try out the console controls.

I am kind of wondering what even releases 2015 on the 3DS besides Codename S.T.E.A.M. and probably Xenoblade on the New 3DS. I believe I haven't read any news from Nintendo about first-party stuff besides those two games.

Grizzo

I am kind of wondering what even releases 2015 on the 3DS besides Codename S.T.E.A.M. and probably Xenoblade on the New 3DS. I believe I haven't read any news from Nintendo about first-party stuff besides those two games.

How could you forget that...

545ac0118af7c9.jpg

<3

Golnei

Which third-party developers? &#55357;&#56841; (I know what you mean, just joking around)

I hope the Wii U can get at least a ton of smaller games here like The Swapper, which is a brilliant game by the way. Played it on PC and I'm considering buying it again on the console just to support the dev and to try out the console controls.

tumblr_nel9z0ZPqG1sgurego5_500.gif

But that aside, it is still a fairly anemic release schedule - a remake, a niche RPG and a port really aren't a compelling lineup. They're probably banking on third parties to drive sales - though it's kind of a shame that a fair few of the titles in question may never see an international release.

You haven't started Bayonetta 2 yet? The remaining week would be a perfect amount of time to get through it once - I held off starting it until now to alleviate the delay, and the pain has been almost entirely numbed.

Like berzeli said, it's understandable if it's simply because you didn't tell him earlier. You've been together since only 3 months so I guess it's not that big of a deal tho.

I remember when my friends and I learnt that one of our friend was gay and actually had a boyfriend since half a year. We were kinda pissed at him because he didn't tell us earlier.

If he's angry at you because you're bi then... I guess he can go suck a bag of dicks? That would be pretty shitty. :/

he was angry that i didnt tell him buts its all taken care of now.

Grizzo

But that aside, it is still a fairly anemic release schedule - a remake, a niche RPG and a port really aren't a compelling lineup. They're probably banking on third parties to drive sales - though it's kind of a shame that a fair few of the titles in question may never see an international release.

Maybe they have a few secret tricks up their sleeve, who knows? I'm all up for a surprise!

But there are still many 3DS games I haven't tried yet, like Luigi's Mansion or Kid Icarus so it doesn't really bother me. The Wii U situation is way more alarming imo, especially since they're not even bothering releasing their games in Europe (at least for now).

You haven't started Bayonetta 2 yet? The remaining week would be a perfect amount of time to get through it once - I held off starting it until now to alleviate the delay, and the pain has been almost entirely numbed.

People on the Gaming side have advised me to start with Bayonetta 1 so I'll start with this one! I'm going in totally blind, without knowing anything about this series (except that there is a sexy girl who shoots bullets at gargantuan monsters).

Kater

Banned
How could you forget that...

<3
Oops. Yeah, I'm looking forward to playing the game for the first time with a good frame rate. Played it at a friends home a long time ago, threw some chicken from a tower. Good times. Frame rate was horrible though, like 10 frames a second sometimes, that's what it felt like anyway. Also, the new texture work is a huge improvement.

And dat cover design of the cart box. &#128525;

Hey, Codename S.T.E.A.M. isn't a niche RPG. Turnbased Tactical RPGs have a big following, not in the scope of Platformer or FPS games but it's still a number not to be sneezed at.

Grizzo

Oops. Yeah, I'm looking forward to playing the game for the first time with a good frame rate. Played it at a friends home a long time ago, threw some chicken from a tower. Good times. Frame rate was horrible though, like 10 frames a second sometimes, that's what it felt like anyway. Also, the new texture work is a huge improvement.

Haha I know how you hate the N64 and its low framerate :p

But the original is a classic! If you haven't played it yet (outside of throwing chicken for fun), then you're in for a treat! :D

Golnei

Hey, Codename S.T.E.A.M. isn't a niche RPG. Turnbased Tactical RPGs have a big following, not in the scope of Platformer or FPS games but it's still a number not to be sneezed at.

They're still much less of a draw than traditional turn-based RPGs on handhelds, and S.T.E.A.M's art style alone has turned many people away. I'm personally really looking forward to it, but I'm not sure if it'll have the wide-ranging appeal of Awakening or Bravely Default.

People on the Gaming side have advised me to start with Bayonetta 1 so I'll start with this one! I'm going in totally blind, without knowing anything about this series (except that there is a sexy girl who shoots bullets at gargantuan monsters).

Oh, if you haven't played 1, then that should definitely be your first priority. You're incredibly fortunate to be able to go through both of them without being tainted by prior knowledge - if it's not too much of an imposition, I'd love to hear what your very first impressions are once you get around to playing.

Reading gay related news stories in newspaper sites here depresses me sometimes. One of the biggest newspaper sites in my country is like poison in the comment section. They allowed gay people to insure their partners recently, and the vitriol is strong.

Kater

Banned
Haha I know how you hate the N64 and its low framerate :p

But the original is a classic! If you haven't played it yet (outside of throwing chicken for fun), then you're in for a treat! :D
I don't hate the N64, I just don't like playing most of the games on it since they make me feel uncomfortable with their unstable frame rate. &#128521;

I always hear so much praise about the story of this particular Legend of Zelda title, so that is what has me the most intrigued, besides the awesome awesome cover design.

They're still much less of a draw than traditional turn-based RPGs on handhelds, and S.T.E.A.M's art style alone has turned many people away. I'm personally really looking forward to it, but I'm not sure if it'll have the wide-ranging appeal of Awakening or Bravely Default.
We'll see. The early reactions were mostly just the people who were expecting a new Fire Emblem game but since then I saw a lot of positive talk about it around the internet.

Reading gay related news stories in newspaper sites here depresses me sometimes. One of the biggest newspaper sites in my country is like poison in the comment section. They allowed gay people to insure their partners recently, and the vitriol is strong.

Mhm~ I tried to comment as to why a baking company denying a gay couple a pro gay marriage cake is wrong. The responses basically said 'Your rights aren't being infringed'. As if they'd fucking know. I can't get married, or have a cake baked. How do they know whether or not my rights are being infringed? And most of the upvoted comments were saying 'They've earned another customer in the form of me.' It may be unknown to most, but the comment sections of (UK, at least) news websites are worse than almost any other.

DOWN

Banned

Mhm~ I tried to comment as to why a baking company denying a gay couple a pro gay marriage cake is wrong. The responses basically said 'Your rights aren't being infringed'. As if they'd fucking know. I can't get married, or have a cake baked. How do they know whether or not my rights are being infringed? And most of the upvoted comments were saying 'They've earned another customer in the form of me.' It may be unknown to most, but the comment sections of (UK, at least) news websites are worse than almost any other.

That's why the comments sections on major news sites are being removed http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=937543

People in the comments on gay news often seem to be saying they are okay with discrimination as long as it is specific to others. They don't consider the reality of why we have laws against it so that people don't get turned away for their inherent traits.

Edit: I can see why they'd start doing that ^^.

The site I'm talking about requires id, so you'd think posters would be more levelheaded. Even the comments require approval, and still you get shit hate comments saying that if they allow gay marriage, they mights as well allow people to marry objects or animals.

mantidor

Oh, if you haven't played 1, then that should definitely be your first priority. You're incredibly fortunate to be able to go through both of them without being tainted by prior knowledge - if it's not too much of an imposition, I'd love to hear what your very first impressions are once you get around to playing.

I also went blind except for knowing about controversies and feminism discussions here and there. It blew my mind, and I can't wait to start 2 however I still want to try some new outfits and weapons in 1. The game is packed with content and I feel so happy to get such a gargantuan package for the price of on game.

I keep getting good natures without trying.

We can trade luck as soon as I manage to get a shiny Ralts in White 2.

Which I don't need luck for because I can RNG. Then again I'm bad enough at it that me hitting the right frame is basically luck.

Peanut Butter and Ice Cream seems like it'd be super-gooey.

Wasn't Ice Cream.

I remember spending hours upon hours breeding

Uh....

a good Growlithe..

Nvm.

Reconnected with a couple old friends tonight. One self-identifies queer now, and the other is really progressive and pro-LGBT. Both are close enough now that we can hang out more often. Feeling pretty thrilled.

Guys, I thought I have learnes my lesson: I have a crush on a (supposedly) straight guy again &#128547;
The worst. You have my sympathies.

daripad

Him: You love me
Me: What if it was true?
Him: ;)

Agh, I hate him, I'm not confident enough to really say that I'm into him but I don't see any other way of knowing if he likes men or not. If I ask directly he is going to say jokes, I know him.

If everyone was bi, the world would be better and more simple

What is a gay friendly straight?

Well, my best friend is straight but extremely open minded. I can literally talk to him about anything and everything. He's also far closer to me than any of my gay friends. I know some people have trouble making this work though. It just depends on the pair, I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom