• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't tell if you guys are actually being serious with the straight men are terrible stuff, lol. Are they "terrible" just because they are out of our grasp? :p My best friend is straight, and I don't know what I'd do without him.

I can't tell if you guys are actually being serious with the straight men are terrible stuff, lol. Are they "terrible" just because they are out of our grasp? :p My best friend is straight, and I don't know what I'd do without him.

they are turrible.

also yall should teach me how to play smash 4 u.

NNID: DMPrince.

they are turrible.

But I need someone to teach me how to play, too! I've just been practicing against my RL friends and when they aren't here, the CPU on lvl8 and 9. I'm trying to get decent with a few characters before I venture online or anything. So far, my best ones are probably Pit/Dark Pit, Zero Suit Samus, and Toon Link.

Anyone here can add me on Wii U, though. NNID: naaros

But I need someone to teach me how to play, too! I've just been practicing against my RL friends and when they aren't here, the CPU on lvl8 and 9. I'm trying to get decent with a few characters before I venture online or anything. So far, my best ones are probably Pit/Dark Pit, Zero Suit Samus, and Toon Link.

sent you a FR.

i play ZSS as well. and pikachu and duck hunt only in 4p smash lol
i'll be on for about 30 or so minutes though.

got 3 days of work before the holiday ;x

No. It's basically the same as a 'SMH White People' thing.

My best friend is a straight guy, too. Some of them are Ok.

DOWN

Banned

No. It's basically the same as a 'SMH White People' thing.

My best friend is a straight guy, too. Some of them are Ok.
Same here, since 7th grade. But he's an exceptional guy, in my opinion.

daripad

My copy of Smash is not delivered yet, sorry. :(

Best Buy sucks, I had it preordered since E3.

ugh, sucks

they are turrible.

Added you both

My NNID: daripad

I want to play right meow, just a few matches before going back to study :p

I don't really post in these GayGAF threads much anymore, but anyone with a Wii U feel free to add me! My NNID is marKUS_rob.

I'll try to add you tomorrow, I just shut off my Wii U for the night.

Added you both

Nice, I'll accept tomorrow!

sent you a FR.

i play ZSS as well. and pikachu and duck hunt only in 4p smash lol
i'll be on for about 30 or so minutes though.

got 3 days of work before the holiday ;x

Cool, I accepted your friend request.

I see several people here have straight best friends. Mine was actually the first person I ever came out to in person, and it was super scary, but he was wonderful about it. Totally supportive like I knew he would be.

Archaea supremacy

Already the case isn't it?

All of my really close guy friends growing up were straight and it has continued into adulthood, except for friends who ended up boyfriends of course.

I don't really notice a pattern with my friends tbh. A little over half are women though because I like to talk or have conversations and women are usually more into that sort of thing.

I'll try to add you tomorrow, I just shut off my Wii U for the night.

Nice, I'll accept tomorrow!

Cool, I accepted your friend request.

I see several people here have straight best friends. Mine was actually the first person I ever came out to in person, and it was super scary, but he was wonderful about it. Totally supportive like I knew he would be.
ugh, sucks

Added you both

My NNID: daripad

I want to play right meow, just a few matches before going back to study :p
kk. you set up the room.
i can play for a short time at least 1 or 2 matches before i head to bed lol

My best friends are all straight :/ Actually I don't have a lot of gay friends.

Same here actually. I have one gay friend and he's great but most of my friends are straight.
Guys I'm sorry but you're going to have to turn your Gay card in...being friends with straight people is against the rules :l
Section 1, paragraph 4
"A person who identifies as Gay must not, in any case, befriend heterosexual people. If this rule is broken, you must immediately turn in your Gay Card and follow the expulsion procedures. Should the person not return their Gay card, then that person will be sent to Gay jail where they will be required to serve Gay years for not following the guidelines explicitly stated in this rulebook."

Caladrius

Had 1 gay and 4 Bi friends (2 boys, 2 girls). Mostly hetero friends though.

I'm not good at picking out friends myself for whatever reason.

But I like being able to think with more than just a few intracellular microtubules or whatever it is they process information with.

That's why you attain enlightenment beforehand, silly!

That's why you attain enlightenment beforehand, silly!

And then in your enlightened state you cause a mass extinction lolz.

Speaking of compassion the Brahmaviharas are rad. Strangely good for getting stuff done, too, because you're cultivating 'intent' which is an active mental quality. Awkward segue but I just tried fooling around with metta a little more extensively today.

Guys I'm sorry but you're going to have to turn your Gay card in...being friends with straight people is against the rules :l
Section 1, paragraph 4
"A person who identifies as Gay must not, in any case, befriend heterosexual people. If this rule is broken, you must immediately turn in your Gay Card and follow the expulsion procedures. Should the person not return their Gay card, then that person will be sent to Gay jail where they will be required to serve Gay years for not following the guidelines explicitly stated in this rulebook."

But I already had to turn in my gay card once... Isn't there a 3 strikes rule? :(

Kevyt

Has anyone heard Alicia Key's Girl on Fire song? Well I have, and for some reason the gym I go to plays it regularly. I have no idea why. Gym music is never good. But I'm always laughing when that song plays because it reminds me of William Belli's Boy is A Bottom parody song (warning NSFW). So I'm just laughing whenever I hear Girl on Fire play... lol

Caladrius

And then in your enlightened state you cause a mass extinction lolz.

Speaking of compassion the Brahmaviharas are rad. Strangely good for getting stuff done, too, because you're cultivating 'intent' which is an active mental quality. Awkward segue but I just tried fooling around with metta a little more extensively today.

(Note to self, never piss off umop)

And I forget what that is.

DOWN

Banned
This conversation made me realize the only gay friend I have is the guy I complained about a couple of days ago. Gotta find me some more friends,

(Note to self, never piss off umop)

And I forget what that is.

:p

It's basically just cultivating a sincere intent towards loving friendliness, compassion, sympathetic joy (or joy in the triumphs of others), and equanimity, in that order. It generally follows the pattern of being directed towards the self, then family and friends, then strangers, then 'enemies', and finally all beings equally. I'm on "loving-friendliess towards self" stage, so basically step 1A :p

I got into it not really for the moral dimension of it, though that helps. It's more that as I've been figuring out meditation I've been realizing that for me it does nothing to improve willpower. It's actually probably worse because I'm content to just abide in an improved sense of wellbeing or awareness or whatever. But I need to get shit done and intent and willpower are the same thing. Intent by itself is extremely easy to burn yourself with, but couple it to a deeply sincere desire for wellbeing? Safe as can be. So it's a way to flex your 'will' muscle at the same time I become a less crapsack person :p Which is good, too, because meditation hasn't solved my chronic asshole-ness either.

I don't have any gay friends IRL, nor do I want to, lol. I can't help it, but gay people tend to bug me for some reason, so I prefer to hang out with straight people. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom