• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright Hours Left, use your magic and identify the fine specimen in these two GIFs (NSFW). I want to marry him.
I didn't even get to display my special powers... ;_;

Though I wouldn't of needed my magic to tell you about Mr. Hill. I've had a run in with him before on my many internet journeys. (Not him personally, but his lovely jifs.) :3

DOWN

Banned
Do you guys say gifs with a 'j' sound or a 'hard g'? I used to say it like 'jifs' and then someone tried correcting me so now I am very inconsistent. Then I heard the inventor says it with a 'j' sound but also says there's no official way. Still getting the gist of gif pronunciations.

Pepiope

Do you guys say gifs with a 'j' sound or a 'hard g'? I used to say it like 'jifs' and then someone tried correcting me so now I am very inconsistent. Then I heard the inventor says it with a 'j' sound but also says there's no official way. Still getting the gist of gif pronunciations.
jiff is the only right way.

Kater

Banned
First world problems.
It's not a problem though, just really annoying that the European market gets stuff later, yet again.

GIF, G-I-F. I don't care what the creator says. 😉

(To anyone who says jif, do you spell NeoGAF like NeoJAF? :p)

DOWN

Banned
It's not a problem though, just really annoying that the European market gets stuff later, yet again.

GIF, G-I-F. I don't care what the creator says. ��

But I purposely used the word gist in my post because it is spelled GIST, not jist.

GEM GERM GYM GIANT GIRAFFE ta da

DOWN

Banned
It's GIF with a hard G,anyone pronouncing it jif is objectively wrong, including the creator himself

But even CompuServ, who he invented it for, said it was pronounced JIF in their publications. Doesn't an acronym have room to be named by the creator? And what about the many words that start with a soft g?

Rayis

When it sounds ridiculous like jif they don't, gif sounds much better

I'm just exaggerating, I just prefer pronouncing it gif

Caladrius

Our language is a chimeric abomination of inconsistent phonetic rules and loanwords, and I will not rest until such aberrations as overlapping sounds between letters are eliminated from our savage tongue. We've had 1500 years to form an internally consistent language, and by God I will MAKE one.

-

I don't want to hear "Jif" in this thread unless it's a story about how you're slathering peanut butter over a heavily muscled young man, and that's final.

With visual evidence, of course.

Ty4on

But I purposely used the word gist in my post because it is spelled GIST, not jist.

GEM GERM GYM GIANT GIRAFFE ta da
Because french. GIF is a new word so it can use logical pronunciation and stop English from being more of a mess
Our language is a chimeric abomination of inconsistent phonetic rules and loanwords, and I will not rest until such aberrations as overlapping sounds between letters are eliminated from our savage tongue. We've had 1500 years to form an internally consistent language, and by God I will MAKE one.
Learn Esperanto. The words aren't terribly hard to memorize and there are less of them. The grammar is made really simple with basically every class of words only having one ending that can be conjugated with no irregular conjugation or classes. Every word ending with an o is a noun, every noun ending with oj is plura.

-

I don't want to hear "Jif" in this thread unless it's a story about how you're slathering peanut butter over a heavily muscled young man, and that's final.

With visual evidence, of course.

815457211a24ab94df05e717312a4f69.jpg

Bah! It's too early for xmas themed avvies.

DOWN

Banned
yeah tbh the difference is you can use grindr and i can't
no fems, straight acting, whites only. not racist. just a preference

I've never used any dating sites or apps. Half the reason is because I'm afraid of ever being found by someone I know in real life
supposedly my boss is on grindr
and the other reason is because reading profiles like that would turn me off whether the restrictions apply to me or not tbh

Caladrius

Because french. GIF is a new word so it can use logical pronunciation and stop English from being more of a mess

Learn Esperanto. The words aren't terribly hard to memorize and there are less of them. The grammar is made really simple with basically every class of words only having one ending that can be conjugated with no irregular conjugation or classes. Every word ending with an o is a noun, every noun ending with oj is plura.

I need to fix what's broken, not adopt what works!

I can't take over the world that way.

Bah! It's too early for xmas themed avvies.

I was wondering when someone was going to post a visual pun.

I guess I'm gonna have to keep up my front around the corrections officer who says Gif.

Look, somebody here has to be a Grammar Nazi. :V

I need to fix what's broken, not adopt what works!

I can't take over the world that way.

I was wondering when someone was going to post a visual pun.

Look, somebody here has to be a Grammar Nazi. :V

Unrelated but those were godly if you loved PB. Totally forgot about them till someone posted them in the 80s thread.

*cries with Henchman. :(

Sadly in the "Who's life is more pathetic" contest I always win :(

Rayis

Every time I try a gay dating app I'm always like, "I'm going to check out and I'm going to message a few guys", then I start getting messages and stuff, I talk to the guys for a little bit and I promptly delete it off my phone afterwards, this has happened everytime I've tried a dating app, I just get a little uneasy talking to people because is so blatant they just want to hook up and I don't like hooking up, I wish there were apps for the less adventurous people like us, I just want to get to know someone first :/

I freaking hate cars so much. Everything about them is so damn expensive and the nearest auto shop is filled with people that have no idea what they're doing. >_<

I need one of these...
UTDzDwU.jpg

GIF, G-I-F. I don't care what the creator says. &#128521;

Yeah it's super annoying! At least it's only a week and not 6-8 months like with Brawl, that was horrible.

And fuck jif.

Kater

Banned
Thought you were talking about the Pixar movie ("Cars") there for a second, HL.

I have no ideas about cars or driving either but then I never had the need for a car. A pair of healthy legs and trains can get you anywhere, and it's way cheaper than paying all these insurance bills etc for the car.

Yeah it's super annoying! At least it's only a week and not 6-8 months like with Brawl, that was horrible.

And fuck jif.
feline-fist-bump.jpg

Grizzo

And fuck jif.

We have nothing to tie us over during the holidays until Captain ToD is released in January... and we can't even look forward to Kirby and the Rainbow Curse since it will be released "sometimes in Q3/Q4 of 2015" when the US already has a month announced (February).

I don't understand why they're still pulling that kind of shit with Europe.

Kater

Banned
We have nothing to tie us over during the holidays until Captain ToD is released in January... and we can't even look forward to Kirby and the Rainbow Curse since it will be released "sometimes in Q3/Q4 of 2015" when the US already has a month announced (February).

I don't understand why they're still pulling that kind of shit with Europe.
Captain Tod? Is Ninty making a horror game now out of it? :D
("Tod" is German for Death)

Seriously now, the new Kirby game is coming out "sometimes in Q3/Q4 2015"? What the... &#128545;

Well, at least Atlus remembered us this time around and releases Persona Q in Europe at the same time and not a year later like with SMTIV.

Grizzo

Captain Tod? Is Ninty making a horror game now out of it? :D

Seriously now, the new Kirby game is coming out "sometimes in Q3/Q4 2015"? What the... &#128545;

Well, at least Atlus remembered us this time around and releases Persona Q in Europe at the same time and not a year later like with SMTIV.

SMTIV's release was almost an insult. Good thing that it doesn't cost as much as a brand new game (19 instead of 39) because that would have been the worst.

You know those things, if annoying, would be kind of tolerable if both the 3DS and Wii U were region-free but... Nintendo would rather have us complaining and keeping their prices in check.

Kater

Banned
SMTIV's release was almost an insult. Good thing that it doesn't cost as much as a brand new game (19 instead of 39) because that would have been the worst.

You know those things, if annoying, would be kind of tolerable if both the 3DS and Wii U were region-free but... Nintendo would rather have us complaining and keeping their prices in check.
I still haven't bought it, I lost interest after waiting for so long. I will probably still buy Kirby because it's Kirby and I like that weird little ball thing.

Of course I agree with you, as does (almost) everyone. Sadly Nintendo doesn't see a (substantial) financial gain in it yet so it will probably still take a while until they re-do their regionlocking. It would definitely improve the public perception of Nintendo again if they made their hardware region-free.

Ty4on

I freaking hate cars so much. Everything about them is so damn expensive and the nearest auto shop is filled with people that have no idea what they're doing. >_<

I need one of these...
UTDzDwU.jpg

Wait till electric is affordable.

No oil, spark plugs, timing belt, gearbox, head gasket, glow plugs (diesel), clutch or torque converter, fuel filter, air filter (other than pollen filter for the AC) and electric regeneration saves a lot of brake wear.
The 85kWh Model S has an 8 year unlimited warranty on the drivetrain because of that and the Toyota Prius has proven to be one of the most reliable cars out there in reliability reports thanks to the reduced engine wear and complexity. Electric drivetrains are much, much simpler than piston powered ones.

Grizzo

I still haven't bought it, I lost interest after waiting for so long. I will probably still buy Kirby because it's Kirby and I like that weird little ball thing.

Of course I agree with you, as does (almost) everyone. Sadly Nintendo doesn't see a (substantial) financial gain in it yet so it will probably still take a while until they re-do their regionlocking. It would definitely improve the public perception of Nintendo again if they made their hardware region-free.

I know right? All of this just feels punitive as hell, like we Europeans don't deserve those games, and if we behave we're gonna get them eventually.

Smash U was supposed to come out the 5th of December in Europe but they finally changed the date to the 28th of November (I don't know it's because of the backlash they received or just because we didn't misbehave and deserved a treat or something).

It wouldn't be that bad if there were other games released in the meantime but outside of Smash, they have nothing new to show for the holidays (and even then, Smash is gonna have been out for a month when the 25th December is here).

Same with Kirby, what the hell are we gonna get in February instead of it? Nothing.

RM8

I'm playing Alpha Sapphire at school. Life's gud. Except for that part when I found out that my Treecko has a nature that lowers physical attack :( I should restart my game now.

I'm playing Alpha Sapphire at school. Life's gud. Except for that part when I found out that my Treecko has a nature that lowers physical attack :( I should restart my game now.

Yeah the one thing I dislike about natures. I can't get myself to use a Pokemon with a bad nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom