• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_Zombie

I'm on vacations for 4 days and not only do we have a brand new thread, we're already on page 10. o_O
This thread moves way too fast.
subscribed, so I can continue lurking

Kater

Banned
I'm on vacations for 4 days and not only do we have a brand new thread, we're already on page 10. o_O
This thread moves way too fast.
subscribed, so I can continue lurking
Page 10?

Oh, so you are one of those people.
You know, the ones who own a good PC that can load 100 post of GIFs with ease (unlike mine). >_>

Where did you go on your vacation?

Grizzo

Page 10?

You know, the ones who own a good PC that can load 100 post of GIFs with ease (unlike mine). >_>

100 posts per page is the way to go! :D

Can't you deactivate the gifs in the settings? I thought you could do that, but maybe it's only available on mobile.

Berordn

Gah

The guy with the phenomenal ass is sitting in front of me during training and his pants are too low to contain it and I can see everything.

This is not going to be a productive day.

I just did leg day at the gym.

I always enjoy leg day because afterwards when you try to climb the stairs, you find that your legs aren't capable of ascending beyond ground level so by the time you hit the 3rd step you're essentially sitting down.

Kater

Banned
100 posts per page is the way to go! :D

Can't you deactivate the gifs in the settings? I thought you could do that, but maybe it's only available on mobile.

GAF without gifs is not the same though...

By the way, I finally watched Monster. (Well, the first five episodes anyway)
It's really an anime like no other.
It makes me wonder why Mumei out of all the character choose Johann Liebert as his avatar...
maybe as a hint that there is a dark side to him? D:

MarkusRJR

Random question: What's a good structure for a personal email address? I'm finally changing my email from the one I made when I was a kid (last name and a bunch of numbers and periods) so I want it to be good.

I have a common name so firstname.lastname is out of the picture.

Which is better: firstname.middleinitials.lastname or firstnamemiddleinitialslastname

I feel that the former looks better but the latter would be easier to share to people (people always never add in periods when I give my current one out).

Berordn

I feel that the former looks better but the latter would be easier to share to people (people always never add in periods when I give my current one out).

Depending on the mail provider, the periods might not be necessary to still get it routed to you. I know Gmail's like that, you might want to check. I'd vote on periods, in any case.

MarkusRJR

Depending on the mail provider, the periods might not be necessary to still get it routed to you. I know Gmail's like that, you might want to check. I'd vote on periods, in any case.
I'm going with outlook (kind of engrained in the MS ecosystem). Honestly didn't know that. How does Gmail work when someone has the same name but without periods? Do they just block people from signing up for the name?

Random question: What's a good structure for a personal email address? I'm finally changing my email from the one I made when I was a kid (last name and a bunch of numbers and periods) so I want it to be good.

Which is better: firstname.middleinitials.lastname or firstnamemiddleinitialslastname

My vote is also on the former :) Although I think you're fine either way!

Grizzo

I would say the first one, with the middle initial between dots. Like say, if you are Sarah Jessica Parker, just do sarah.j.parker@yourwebmailprovider.com

terrisus

Purchase the domain for YourFirstNameYourLastName.com (or .org or .net or .biz or one of the other extensions that are out there) and use that.

Of course, I have MyFirstNameMyLastName.com, but I still use the same terrisus@aol.com email address I've been using for over 15 years now >.>
I'm just too lazy to change everything over :þ

Between your choices though, why not use the first as your primary, but also register the second and set it to forward to the first just in case people enter it wrong?

Mr_Zombie

Page 10?

Well, I don't have problems with GIFs on my home PC, but at work Firefox tends to crash when the browser's memory usage reaches about 1.2GB of RAM... which happen a lot when you have a page full of GIFs. :(

Twice a year we have a meet-up with people from an old Polish RE forum. The forum doesn't exist anymore, but a bunch of people from there still communicate with each other via Facebook/phones. We also try to organize meet-ups twice a year (in winter and in summer), and although the number of people who can attend them vary (sometimes it's up to 30 people, this time there were only 7 of us) it's nice to meet in person people you used to message daily and who live all over the country (or even aboard - a friend of mine and his girlfriend flied from London).

This time we met in the mountains. But because the weather was bad (it was raining the whole time and was quite cold), we stayed inside the whole time, played some video games, board games and card games (there's Resident Evil Deck Building Game, and it's quite fun to play :D) and drank "a little" :p

So umm..

I've been called fat about 3 times in the last little while (most recently in Vegas on the weekend) by other guys.

I kept telling myself it wouldn't get under my skin, but I sorta broke down a couple days ago. I don't really know what else to do. I don't really know how all these guys manage to make their bodies look flawless. Am I doing something wrong?

I thought I was coming to terms more with my body, but it's really difficult to now.
I'm sorry for bringing the mood of the thread down, but I really just don't know what else to do.

So umm..

I've been called fat about 3 times in the last little while (most recently in Vegas on the weekend) by other guys.

I kept telling myself it wouldn't get under my skin, but I sorta broke down a couple days ago. I don't really know what else to do. I don't really know how all these guys manage to make their bodies look flawless. Am I doing something wrong?

I thought I was coming to terms more with my body, but it's really difficult to now.
I'm sorry for bringing the mood of the thread down, but I really just don't know what else to do.

they're just being cunts. you go doing your thing and ignore them.

So umm..

Seriously dude, from what I've seen you're not even a little bit fat, so chill out :)
I'm gonna need your nudes to verify, though.

Berordn

So umm..

I haven't seen much but what I have seen tells me that this is 100% undeniably false.

Some guys are just hardasses who belittle to feel better about their disproportional devotion to themselves.

p.s. you're adorable

eosos

Banned
So umm..

Dude. You aren't fat at all, you're really good looking! As others have said, some people are just assholes with no justification. There are always going to be someone whos more fit than you, but that doesn't mean that you're fat or anything like that. Just focus on you and keep trying to be confortable with your self!

they're just being cunts. you go doing your thing and ignore them.

Seriously dude, from what I've seen you're not even a little bit fat, so chill out :)
I'm gonna need your nudes to verify, though.

I haven't seen much but what I have seen tells me that this is 100% undeniably false.

Some guys are just hardasses who belittle to feel better their disproportional devotion to themselves.

p.s. you're adorable

Dude. You aren't fat at all, you're really good looking! As others have said, some people are just assholes with no justification. There are always going to be someone whos more fit than you, but that doesn't mean that you're fat or anything like that. Just focus on you and keep trying to be confortable with your self!
Thank you guys for the kind words :(.

I just feel like if it's happened more than once, it must have truth to it.. right..?

I mean I definitely don't have a 6-pack or anything.. But I'm pretty clueless in a weight room and instead of insulting me it would be nice if these guys would take a second to give me advice if my body offends them so much.

My parents are worried I'm going to start starving myself, and I've thought about it. But I don't think I could really do it. And I think it would just make things worse anyway.

I just feel like if it's happened more than once, it must have truth to it.. right..?

I mean I definitely don't have a 6-pack or anything.. But I'm pretty clueless in a weight room and instead of insulting me it would be nice if these guys would take a second to give me advice if my body offends them so much.

My parents are worried I'm going to start starving myself, and I've thought about it. But I don't think I could really do it. And I think it would just make things worse anyway.

People are insulting you at the weight room? These bullies need their shit wrecked srsly

no, they're cunts. the last thing you want to do is start believing them. if you really want advice ask a trainer/nutritionist or even here on gaf except for medical advice though.

People are insulting you at the weight room? These bullies need their shit wrecked srsly
Yeah. Although in Vegas it was at the pool. When I was feeling my most vulnerable lol ;_;..

Not necessarily, no. Especially not in this case because those guys were definitely cunts. You're not fat!

Aww thanks sis..

I dunno.. I play soccer a lot.. But I've been kinda just looking for new workout tips and things like that ever since and I'm coming up empty handed. :( I know I shouldn't always listen to what other people say but it's always going to hurt. Especially because I'm already insecure about my body as it is.

So umm..

Other people's opinions shouldn't factor into it.

By some people's standards you might be 'fat' but by others you may be 'skinny'. This applies to essentially anybody but those hanging at the edge of either of the extremes.

What's important is whether or not your body reflects how you would like to look.

If it does, then ignore those fuckers, try grow thicker skin and find people who appreciate the way you are.

It it doesn't, still ignore those fuckers and grow thicker skin - but to make you happier with yourself there are ways to deal with it. Our bodies are incredible things and we can mould them into whatever we please with a little work. And there are tons of sources for advice and support out there.

So umm..

What. You are not in any way fat... I think you're perfect the way you are! :)

Just ignore the jerks (I know that's way easier said than done).

Kater

Banned
Well, I don't have problems with GIFs on my home PC, but at work Firefox tends to crash when the browser's memory usage reaches about 1.2GB of RAM... which happen a lot when you have a page full of GIFs. :(

Twice a year we have a meet-up with people from an old Polish RE forum. The forum doesn't exist anymore, but a bunch of people from there still communicate with each other via Facebook/phones. We also try to organize meet-ups twice a year (in winter and in summer), and although the number of people who can attend them vary (sometimes it's up to 30 people, this time there were only 7 of us) it's nice to meet in person people you used to message daily and who live all over the country (or even aboard - a friend of mine and his girlfriend flied from London).

This time we met in the mountains. But because the weather was bad (it was raining the whole time and was quite cold), we stayed inside the whole time, played some video games, board games and card games (there's Resident Evil Deck Building Game, and it's quite fun to play :D) and drank "a little" :p
I'm jealous of the people that can afford to meet up with all these internet acquaintances.

Sounds like a really good time! (And the number of people never really matter, as long as you are in a high spirit)

Didn't know that there is a card game for Resident Evil, I wonder, is there a board game too?
Seriously, it's great. The only thing bad about the show is that I can't binge-watch more than a couple of Episodes, because it's all so depressing. Kinda like Paranoia Agent. (but less bizarre)

What. You are not in any way fat... I think you're perfect the way you are! :)

Just ignore the jerks (I know that's way easier said than done).

Aww... Wow thanks :) I appreciate that..

It's way easier said than done. I went days trying to pretend it wasn't really hurting X___X. I guess I was just letting it brew because I cried nonstop a couple days ago wah. Zanet is probably right in that I don't have a super thick skin when it comes to my body.. But that's probably because I've always been so vulnerable about it to begin with

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I think you look fit by any reasonable standards but I also think you have self-image/self-confidence issues.

I assume Vegas is a very superficial city so your insecurities are just being magnified by the attitude of people around you.

Berordn

It's way easier said than done. I went days trying to pretend it wasn't really hurting X___X. I guess I was just letting it brew because I cried nonstop a couple days ago wah. Zanet is probably right in that I don't have a super thick skin when it comes to my body.. But that's probably because I've always been so vulnerable about it to begin with

I know confidence isn't easy to acquire and it's easier said than done, but you definitely don't need to worry about what you're doing with your body since whatever it is, it's working! By any reasonable metric, you're fit and very attractive.

Sounds like you've just had unfortunate run-ins with people (specifically bullies and/or assholes) who don't do anything but eat, breathe and sleep bodybuilding.

Vitanimus

People don't think of you as much as you think they do so it's better just to let the negative comments slide and just focus on the perception of yourself rather than someone elses

Vazduh

I think that Zantetsuken88 said it well:

Other people's opinions shouldn't factor into it.

By some people's standards you might be 'fat' but by others you may be 'skinny'. This applies to essentially anybody but those hanging at the edge of either of the extremes.

Try to keep that in mind each time someone comments on your appearance. The most important thing is that you're okay with the way you look. Starving yourself is not a good idea because you need energy, especially since you're physically active. Besides, it's easy to go overboard with it, which is dangerous.
I went through that phase ten years ago, and I wouldn't want to wish that upon my worst enemy. That shit is really bad for the nerves, trust me.

I mean, even if you lost weight, who would guarantee you'd be happier with how you looked, especially if you'd do it mostly for the others, and not for yourself?

If anyone dares to tell you you're fat again (which is extremely rude and not true, btw), just tell them the following: "If I'm fat, you are fat too".

Grizzo

Stop it right there, you're absolutely not fat. And even if you were, I don't see how that's anybody's business but yours. Some people are just mean. Others don't have any sense of reality or tact. In any case, avoid giving them any credit at all costs.

Don't worry too much about it, BB :)

Hi everyone! My, this week has been completely NUTS, at least in terms of gaming. It's funny how this almost becomes a SmashGAF 2.0 in the first pages haha

BlueBadger, you don't know me (though I've read you ever since I lurked around here) and I can't sort of relate to your problem. Yeah, those comments always hurt - even though you AREN'T fat at all - especially if you're working hard in overcoming certain self-image issues. Those guys at Vegas sure were jerks that said those words beckse their mind can't process much more words, so cheer up! I'd write you a poem but my writing abilities at ANY language I speak are getting kinda rusty :(

Now I'm in one of the most beautiful places around where I live, having a great vacation... But my head is in a permanent headache, I don't know why. I keep thinking about my past, what I want to do, who am I, relationship issues... And it HURTS >.< . It's getting stronger each time, this feeling.

I'd write more stuff into it but it would be rude at the moment. Oh well :(

By the way, trying to go out of this somber feelings... I'm trying to get into the wonderful world of VN. Does anyone of you know any good ones (and/or LGTBQIA-related, specificakky the letter 'G')? My computer is BACK and now it's the time to fill it with endless games
I'll never touch again
!

Kater

Banned
I wonder what all these lurkers think of me...

[Insecurities intensify]

Oh, and here's another gif I just found.
tumblr_mv8vtuFks31rn4t8co1_500.gif

:3

hidys

So umm..

Some people are terrible human beings. Unfortunately the only solution is to ignore them and try not to let them bog you down.

Don't let pricks like that be the judge of your body.

Thanks a lot for the kind words and advice, guys.. Really means a lot to me.

You guys are all right. I guess I'm just really sad :( It's just still really hard for me to stop thinking about it. Of course I want to improve my body for myself, but I don't understand how these guys are able to go to the gym 5 days a week.. And even when I do get to a gym, I'm pretty clueless anyway X_X

I'm really glad I have you guys to talk to, though. I've been really struggling with it the last little while :/ The way they were talking about me and the things they were saying were so mean ;_;

RM8

The thing is, you'll never have a body that pleases everyone, and jerks will always exist. Even for super fit guys, they're bound to be called too big, too small, lol skinny legs, lol girl arms, no abs, your abs don't count because you're thin, etc. The only reasonable thing to do is cease looking for external acceptance, and achieve instead internal acceptance, which as cliché as it sounds is the only one that counts.

Alrus

As it's been said already, you really aren't fat BB, from what I've seen here, you look absolutely great. These people are just assholes.

I'm not an expert on gym stuff, but if you're just looking for more muscle definition, diet is more important than actual exercise (both are necessary of course). You could be going to the gym every day and you wouldn't see any visible improvements if you don't pay attention to what you eat on the side.

Also if you're not sure what you're doing at the gym, try to see if they don't have a coaching program if affordable, it helps massively.

As it's been said already, you really aren't fat BB, from what I've seen here, you look absolutely great. These people are just assholes.

I'm not an expert on gym stuff, but if you're just looking for more muscle definition, diet is more important than actual exercise (both are necessary of course). You could be going to the gym every day and you wouldn't see any visible improvements if you don't pay attention to what you eat on the side.

Also if you're not sure what you're doing at the gym, try to see if they don't have a coaching program if affordable, it helps massively.

Yeah see that's the thing :( I'm not sure about everywhere else but trainers here in Vancouver cost an arm and a leg. I have no idea how other people afford them o___o let alone fellow students

Cuddler

you think so? ive had great success in converting my haters into lovers
Haters? I was talking about people that don't like you, not haters. You convinced (for example) straight guys to like you? You convinced people that don't like your personality to like your personality? You convinced people that don't like your face to like your face? You convinced people that don't like your body to like your body?
How did you did that?
unless you were joking
Well, since I'm in here, I guess I may as well post a bit about me.

So, hey, I'm TerrisUS (or, well, I suppose I'm Eric, but, whatever >.>)

So... Well... Hi =)
Hi TerrisUS! :)
Didn't realize that LGBTQIA was a thing.

So as an asexual I thought I'd say hello now that I'm included!
Hi hidys! If you don't mind I want to ask you something, since one of my friend is probably asexual and I'm curious to know, asexual still want a relationship right? I wonder, it still make a difference for them if the partner is a guy or a girl right?
Hopefully this question is not too stupid
So umm..

This is one thing that I don't understand, why people that you don't know come to you and tell you that you are fat? I really don't understand, they don't even know you. I can understand when you are in school, but as soon as I started University I didn't see this type of things anymore. Maybe things over here are different, but people here just don't talks to people that they don't know, unless they want to know them. Maybe it's because I live in a little town and not in a big city, I don't really know. Anyway, I've never seen your photo, but even if you are fat that's certainly none of their business and as Rm88~ said you will always find people that don't like your body.
The thing is, you'll never have a body that pleases everyone, and jerks will always exist. Even for super fit guys, they're bound to be called too big, too small, lol skinny legs, lol girl arms, no abs, your abs don't count because you're thin, etc. The only reasonable thing to do is cease looking for external acceptance, and achieve instead internal acceptance, which as cliché as it sounds is the only one that counts.
I completely agree with this.

Well said. :)
Yeah BB you're an awesome dude and random cunts who want to comment on your appearance negatively can go fuck themselves. God, I hate people like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom