• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well of course I'm talking about cuter to me, dunno why you feel the need to clarify :p

I probably won't! I like to hope, though.
Just teasing you. ;3

Yeah, I really like a lot of the characters from KOF13. Easy to pick a team from looks alone!
Definitely more lean guys in KOF, yet they also buffed up half the cast too. Clark and Ralf are pure tanks now. (And I love it!)

Charlie eh? hhmmm :p
He's so damn hot. I love him.

DOA5_FighterPack_Bayman.jpg
>>>>>>>Your Faves.
Yes! Bayman is one my favorite fighter dudes EVER! Everything about him is pure sex.

Why haven't Team Ninja given the dudes in that game some damn speedos. It's ridiculous.

Kevyt

KOF is pretty much unrivaled for nice looking males :p

It took me a while to figure out that Saiki and Ash Crimson are both guys, lol.

Also, I think it's one of the few games to have a gay character (Ash crimson):

Well of course I'm talking about cuter to me, dunno why you feel the need to clarify :p

I probably won't! I like to hope, though.

Yeah, I really like a lot of the characters from KOF13. Easy to pick a team from looks alone!

Different art style too.

Meicyn

Gold Member
Too bad it also seems that in SFV the characters also look like they're in steroids (judging from Ryu). In steroids, as in very buff.
I've always been confused when people say this about Street Fighter V, especially when I look back at the various artwork of Ryu over the years where there is plenty of stuff like this:

fcXQVe0.jpg

...and that was Ryu in his "younger years" from the Alpha games. Ryu's always been a meathead. And hot.

I've always been confused when people say this about Street Fighter V, especially when I look back at the various artwork of Ryu over the years where there is plenty of stuff like this:

fcXQVe0.jpg

...and that was Ryu in his "younger years" from the Alpha games. Ryu's always been a meathead. And hot.
Yep. :)

A big sexy beefcake.

We also need bulges and bulge physics.
Word.

Lets start a letter campaign.

Kevyt

>>>>>>>Your Faves.

Is that from WWE?

I don't think Ash's sexuality has been confirmed.

Street Fighter has a gay character though, Eagle.

Another one of my favs. <3

Guilty Gear too. (Venom)

I think it's implied, isn't it?

fcXQVe0.jpg

Yeah Ryu has gone over various changes. I prefer the early Ryu to today's Ryu. Still in SF4, he was buffed slightly more.

Kevyt

Reminds me of those leaked documents from the Witcher 3 that talked about some female character's having "boob physics" and stuff like that, lol.

The sexiest fighting game character is obviously Nightmare.

namco_bandai_13269195217539.jpg

Other fighting game characters only dream of being as hot as him.

You have quite a taste for men Mr. Masquerader. I wonder what would your reaction be if you saw someone like that alone at night in the streets :3

Classic classic Ryu was not that big, though :p

But that's before he became famous.

That Ryu looks much better, and younger, lol.

Golnei

Counting implication, there probably isn't a game that exists which lacks LGBTQIA characters. The developer actually confirming it is what matters - especially if it's within the Japanese industry, and the character is a main protagonist. Implication costs them nothing, confirmation actually has some sort of risk involved, which signifies a much stronger intent in regards to representation.

Ass jiggle is a higher priority. Someone needs to start interrogating Kojima - MGSV's amibition will be for nothing if we don't have the option of using a spiritual successor to Peace Walker's swimsuit, with 'realistic' physics.

Nothing really besides some generally flirtyness. (He flirts with female characters too.) Unless I'm forgetting something.

I think a lot of it is because of how feminine his design is, but that's not indicative of his sexuality. (Especially considering this is KoF, and a similarly styled character, Benimaru, is super straight.)

Ryu went ugly in Street Fighter II Turbo:

pMSVUTm.jpg
I think everybody did. XD

Kevyt

Wow... lol. I'm not surprised.

I just got my grades and I didnt fail one class! No A's but I got 3 B-'s and 1 C-

Congrats! :)

Counting implication, there probably isn't a game that exists which lacks LGBTQIA characters. The developer actually confirming it is what matters - especially if it's within the Japanese industry, and the character is a main protagonist. Implication costs them nothing, confirmation actually has some sort of risk involved, which signifies a much stronger intent in regards to representation.

Ass jiggle is a higher priority. Someone needs to start interrogating Kojima - MGSV's amibition will be for nothing if we don't have the option of using a spiritual successor to Peace Walker's swimsuit, with 'realistic' physics.

You are correct. There's a lot of risk involved having an LGBT character. I don't even think that Capcom has confirmed that poison is Transgender.

You are correct. There's a lot of risk involved having an LGBT character. I don't even think that Capcom has confirmed that poison is Transgender.
They recently did. (After lots of flip flopping and retconning though.) At one point they said she was pre-op in Japan and post-op in the US. ?_? The have though seemed to have settled on confirming that she is indeed a transsexual, thankfully. I love Poison too, so I'm glad to see an awesome LGBT character like her in SF.

That's another reason why I want them to bring Eagle back. He's a really cool and sexy character with a unique fighting style, and he's gay. Now that Charlie is confirmed, he's my next most wanted character.

Kevyt

They recently did. (After lots of flip flopping and retconning though.) At one point they said she was pre-op in Japan and post-op in the US. ?_? The have though seemed to have settled on confirming that she is indeed a transsexual, thankfully. I love Poison too, so I'm glad to see an awesome LGBT character like her in SF.

That's another reason why I want them to bring Eagle back. He's a really cool and sexy character with a unique fighting style, and he's gay. Now that Charlie is confirmed, he's my next most wanted character.

Yeah that would be awesome. I think Capcom said it was to the funs to decide what Poison is/was. But like you said they flip-flopped.

It's such a shame Capcom can't use the EX characters :(

Kairi > *

What are EX characters?

Grakl

Sad fact, Arika made a "Street Fighter" demo for 3DS that never became anything :( And yes, it had Kairi:

I do wish that the 3DS had more fighters. The DS only really had Bleach, but that was actually a good 2D fighter. The 3DS would really be a great machine for fighting games.

Kevyt

They belong to Arika and not Capcom. So it'd be more likely to have Kairi in Dr. Luigi and not in Street Fighter :p And no, they're not putting him in Dr. Luigi, lol.

From the Street Fighter EX games. Pretty great games that get underserved hated, IMO.

Ohhh

Sad fact, Arika made a "Street Fighter" demo for 3DS that never became anything :( And yes, it had Kairi:

Wow... it looked promising.

garyBig

So, that guy and me, we are now chatting on a kinda daily basis and more or less for about the entire time (it's a very clanky integrated messenger service, so on average a text is sent every 15 mins between us, still giving the stuff an aura of omnipresence during the day).

I'm really non-obsessed about some image of some person I could have created in my mind or something like that (which I am pretty self-pleased about actually), it's really just a fun way to spend the little downtimes in the day and that's it. No expectations or shit. (and it never turned flirtatious either)

Still, I can't help thinking what a strange preoccupation this is that we're having here. For most of human's history until at max 20 years ago, this particular type of 'social' interaction did not exist at all. That's true for most things today of course, but with this it really hits me.

I mean, as of now it's not a person any of us is talking to, it could just as well be a highly intelligent AI text dispenser. But then again there undeniably ARE real people involved here and it'll be so strange to finally meet this person (we already made explicit plans to hang out somewhere) who suddenly knows about all the things you wrote to your virtual text dispenser acquaintance. It's more like 'hey did you peek over my shoulders to read what I was writing to someone online?' than 'of course you know because YOU WERE that texting entity on the other end.'

I imagine it kinda like in Hitchcock's 'Rear Window' where the man can only appreciate the woman as long as she's an object of his voyeuristic gaze and 'lives' outside his window and where his interest quickly fades away when she enters his room to become 'real'.
The world he sees through his window and the world within his room (the tangible reality) appear and register on two entirely different planes of his mind.

Likewise there will be a real person I'll meet, one I might not even like at first, one so random he could turn out to be anyone. And somehow this person will have something to do with my current little thing of having fun at text-conversing. How strange and peculiar.

I know all this must go through the mind of everyone ever who is about to meet someone after texting first, but I wanted to share my personal experience of these thoughts. Isn't this just a very strange thing indeed? (oh btw yes he does have plenty of pics in his profile, but I couldn't for the hell of me say what he might look like / actually appear like in RL. that's another strange thing about this online stuff: knowing full well that a picture can't ever really 'show' you the real person. A picture sheds so much light on what would else be pitch black darkness, but you still feel a bit as blind as before.

So if/when I make an OKC profile would anyone here mind giving it a look and giving constructive criticism? I know there's an OKC thread somewhere in community but I'd prefer to have gay/bi males judging my profile.

DOWN

Banned
I typically don't like a shaved body. Either keep it natural or trimmed.
Same. Prefer it that way on others too. Trim, don't shave.

If you're shaved, when I look at you I'm going to think of the staggering hours of your life that were wasted trying to shave what didn't need to be shaved, only to need to again in 12 hours in order to keep it.

Seems ridiculous and looks too unnatural for me.

You can shave balls tho

Kevyt

So, that guy and me, we are now chatting on a kinda daily basis and more or less for about the entire time (it's a very clanky integrated messenger service, so on average a text is sent every 15 mins between us, still giving the stuff an aura of omnipresence during the day).

I'm really non-obsessed about some image of some person I could have created in my mind or something like that (which I am pretty self-pleased about actually), it's really just a fun way to spend the little downtimes in the day and that's it. No expectations or shit. (and it never turned flirtatious either)

Still, I can't help thinking what a strange preoccupation this is that we're having here. For most of human's history until at max 20 years ago, this particular type of 'social' interaction did not exist at all. That's true for most things today of course, but with this it really hits me.

I mean, as of now it's not a person any of us is talking to, it could just as well be a highly intelligent AI text dispenser. But then again there undeniably ARE real people involved here and it'll be so strange to finally meet this person (we already made explicit plans to hang out somewhere) who suddenly knows about all the things you wrote to your virtual text dispenser acquaintance. It's more like 'hey did you peek over my shoulders to read what I was writing to someone online?' than 'of course you know because YOU WERE that texting entity on the other end.'

I imagine it kinda like in Hitchcock's 'Rear Window' where the man can only appreciate the woman as long as she's an object of his voyeuristic gaze and 'lives' outside his window and where his interest quickly fades away when she enters his room to become 'real'.
The world he sees through his window and the world within his room (the tangible reality) appear and register on two entirely different planes of his mind.

Likewise there will be a real person I'll meet, one I might not even like at first, one so random he could turn out to be anyone. And somehow this person will have something to do with my current little thing of having fun at text-conversing. How strange and peculiar.

I know all this must go through the mind of everyone ever who is about to meet someone after texting first, but I wanted to share my personal experience of these thoughts. Isn't this just a very strange thing indeed? (oh btw yes he does have plenty of pics in his profile, but I couldn't for the hell of me say what he might look like / actually appear like in RL. that's another strange thing about this online stuff: knowing full well that a picture can't ever really 'show' you the real person. A picture sheds so much light on what would else be pitch black darkness, but you still feel a bit as blind as before.

That's a very thoughtful way to think about it. It reminded me a little bit of Descartes, the mind-body problem and his famous "I think therefore I am" solution. I used to think a lot about it but not anymore. I

So if/when I make an OKC profile would anyone here mind giving it a look and giving constructive criticism? I know there's an OKC thread somewhere in community but I'd prefer to have gay/bi males judging my profile.

Post away, I'll try to be helpful. lol

Go right ahead.
Would someone mind looking at mine as well?

Post away! :)

Golnei

I guess it could be said to be an amplification of the already-present perceptual differences between us - regardless of how long you've known someone, you'll never get a glimpse of their 'complete' existence - an independent, objective self probably couldn't be said to exist at all. What you've been interacting with is just another facet of them, and it's likely that people could have spoken to the meatbag for years without ever knowing the text dispensing entity is an equally valid expression of their persona. You probably appear in a similar way to him, and it'll be interesting to see how you go about reconciling the personae you use for regular social interaction and text-based anonymity, when talking to someone ostensibly from one sphere with the set of tools you've cultivated from another.

Either way, hope everything goes well, and be grateful you're not living in an era where all that text had to pass through via telegrams.

Same. Prefer it that way on others too. Trim, don't shave.

If you're shaved, when I look at you I'm going to think of the staggering hours of your life that were wasted trying to shave what didn't need to be shaved, only to need to again in 12 hours in order to keep it.

Seems ridiculous and looks too unnatural for me.

I largely agree - at least for me personally, attempting to shave any significant amount of body hair would be a laughably futile task that'd probably produce hideous results regardless of the effort involved. It can work for some people, but in the vast majority of cases, I'd prefer trimmed over shaved.

You can shave balls tho

tumblr_mukfz22upm1r6w3qso3_r2_5001.gif

Kevyt

I guess it could be said to be an amplification of the already-present perceptual differences between us - regardless of how long you've known someone, you'll never get a glimpse of their 'complete' existence - an independent, objective self probably couldn't be said to exist at all. What you've been interacting with is just another facet of them, and it's likely that people could have spoken to the meatbag for years without ever knowing the text dispensing entity is an equally valid expression of their persona. You probably appear in a similar way to him, and it'll be interesting to see how you go about reconciling the personae you use for regular social interaction and text-based anonymity, when talking to someone ostensibly from one sphere with the set of tools you've cultivated from another.

Either way, hope everything goes well, and be grateful you're not living in an era where all that text had to pass through via telegrams.

I largely agree - at least for me personally, attempting to shave any significant amount of body hair would be a laughably futile task that'd probably produce hideous results regardless of the effort involved. It can work for some people, but in the vast majority of cases, I'd prefer trimmed over shaved.

tumblr_mukfz22upm1r6w3qso3_r2_5001.gif

Perfect timing. I was eating... oh well it's my fault for using the internet while I eat I:

lol

Hopefully this link works. Do you see my profile?http://www.okcupid.com/profile/TheAbsolution1

I have to sign up to be able to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom