• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
GkFGfzv.jpg

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I like to pack my own food or buy some fast food then bring it aboard.

Just woke up, looked outside, and it's white everywhere! :D

It just missed Christmas, but since this is our unoffical 3rd Christmas day because my sister and niece are coming for an high tea, I still call it a white Christmas :)

I am a bit of awkward guy and I never really knew how to go about that stuff (girls flirting with me and how to react). What should I say instead? What should I do? Please, do tell.

I guess I'm a bit like the homophobic people reacting to a guy flirting with them. Or at least you could interpret my post like that. :s

I guess it depends. I think that usually when people are flirting, and they're not just the type that does it casually or to make socializing interesting, they're just looking for reciprocity or receptivity, or really just a hot or a cold reading.

For me, I find an elegant way of offering a 'cold reading' while being entirely nice or pleasant is to just play dumb. I think the smart people clue in that I'm just being polite, or that I'd rather not broach that with them. I think on a mental level we've all kind of wished at one point that advances weren't a part of the social fabric, because it can make otherwise nice platonic interactions uglier. So there's the sense that you're not going to go there unless the other person gives you some signal. For others I think that it's unattractive if people don't clue in to your advances, you want someone that acts. Some people miss the hint or aren't deterred, maybe even becoming kind of pushy, which usually tips my needle to annoyed, and I just tell them I'm not interested. I'm really not that hard to read, I'm more the kind that wears their heart on their sleeve and I probably telegraph every feeling I have more than I ever want to, so I have a tendency where if people don't realize I'm being polite, I'll find some way of informing them that I don't have to be, because usually at that point it means that they're taking advantage of my good will.

For me it seems like the most elegant solution, but probably because I've spent most of my social life honing my sense of diplomacy for no particular reason. Some people are more assertive and less concerned with social harmony, and thus are less hesitant to show their hand. I think if you play dumb it can be interpreted any way, say as disinterest, or not a 'real' rejection, whatever. Or maybe I'm a coward, I don't know.

Kevyt

I guess it depends. I think that usually when people are flirting, and they're not just the type that does it casually or to make socializing interesting, they're just looking for reciprocity or receptivity, or really just a hot or a cold reading.

For me, I find an elegant way of offering a 'cold reading' while being entirely nice or pleasant is to just play dumb. I think the smart people clue in that I'm just being polite, or that I'd rather not broach that with them. I think on a mental level we've all kind of wished at one point that advances weren't a part of the social fabric, because it can make otherwise nice platonic interactions uglier. So there's the sense that you're not going to go there unless the other person gives you some signal. For others I think that it's unattractive if people don't clue in to your advances, you want someone that acts. Some people miss the hint or aren't deterred, maybe even becoming kind of pushy, which usually tips my needle to annoyed, and I just tell them I'm not interested. I'm really not that hard to read, I'm more the kind that wears their heart on their sleeve and I probably telegraph every feeling I have more than I ever want to, so I have a tendency where if people don't realize I'm being polite, I'll find some way of informing them that I don't have to be, because usually at that point it means that they're taking advantage of my good will.

For me it seems like the most elegant solution, but probably because I've spent most of my social life honing my sense of diplomacy for no particular reason. Some people are more assertive and less concerned with social harmony, and thus are less hesitant to show their hand. I think if you play dumb it can be interpreted any way, say as disinterest, or not a 'real' rejection, whatever. Or maybe I'm a coward, I don't know.

I think you are talking about a more subtle and indirect way to tell someone, who is flirting with you, that you are not interested. It's definitely a more diplomatic and polite way to let someone know. I have seen many girls use this technique with guys they simply are not interested. Some are not smart enough to catch up, and they'll think the individual is reciprocating. Not necessarily so, henceforth being direct would seem more appropriate. At times telling someone you are not interested right off the bat can seem cold, and perhaps impolite. Yet there will be times when this is appropriate and in retrospect, an elegant and diplomatic solution. You can only beat around the bush for so long - until you have to be direct.

Caladrius

I really should spend more time writing than dicking around on the internet. :[

So you have? :)

If I didn't, I wouldn't be able to post here because I would have gouged my eyes out with a barbecue prong.

I like to pack my own food or buy some fast food then bring it aboard.

My usual solution for travel. I'm picky as hell.

Just woke up, looked outside, and it's white everywhere! :D

It just missed Christmas, but since this is our unoffical 3rd Christmas day because my sister and niece are coming for an high tea, I still call it a white Christmas :)

What is snow.

...I miss New England.

I think you are talking about a more subtle and indirect way to tell someone, who is flirting with you, that you are not interested. It's definitely a more diplomatic and polite way to let someone know. I have seen many girls use this technique with guys they simply are not interested. Some are not smart enough to catch up, and they'll think the individual is reciprocating. Not necessarily so, henceforth being direct would seem more appropriate. At times telling someone you are not interested right off the bat can seem cold, and perhaps impolite. Yet there will be times when this is appropriate and in retrospect, an elegant and diplomatic solution. You can only beat around the bush for so long - until you have to be direct.

I agree. I think that often the other approach can seem presumptuous, but other times it's the most respectful.

Kevyt

I really should spend more time writing than dicking around on the internet. :[

If I didn't, I wouldn't be able to post here because I would have gouged my eyes out with a barbecue prong.

My usual solution for travel. I'm picky as hell.

What is snow.

...I miss New England.

I'm not a fan of double negatives in a sentence. :(

I want to win the fighting game character sexiness battle but I realize I like a character but hate the outfits she's forced into in the game (and can't find alternatives) so i lose

a shameful low quality image of an acceptable outfit

I want to win the fighting game character sexiness battle but I realize I like a character but hate the outfits she's forced into in the game (and can't find alternatives) so i lose

a shameful low quality image of an acceptable outfit
Well, at least in Tekken you can dress them up the way you like. (Though there's a lot to be said for nice/iconic default outfits.)

My fav way is the Soul Calibur IV style where you can break the armor off... :3

Golnei

My fav way is the Soul Calibur IV style where you can break the armor off... :3

That ended up being more ridiculous than sexy. The unique damaged models for the main cast's armour could have worked if they were a little more revealing, but on the custom outfits, breaking an entire piece of an outfit off in one hit leaving nothing behind kind of misses the appeal of clothing damage.

That's a twofer, for sure. Woof woof.

n2568h3731hlcayb.jpg

I think it'd be of much more concern if you weren't.

(Unless you're like me and just find death to be an annoying prospect aside from the whole pain thing).

Doesn't the cessation of existence terrify you, though? I'm still not that enthusiastic about pain, but I'm significantly less comfortable about the simple fact that my consciousness is doomed to just stop at some point.

That ended up being more ridiculous than sexy. The unique damaged models for the main cast's armour could have worked if they were a little more revealing, but on the custom outfits, breaking an entire piece of an outfit off in one hit leaving nothing behind kind of misses the appeal of clothing damage.
It needs some tweaks for sure, but I still really love the concept. (And I don't mind the armor completely breaking off if there's some nice underwear underneath...) I don't like what they did in SCV, where pants couldn't break. That just looks silly. But then in the F2P game everything can break off again, so at least they went back to that.

My dream scenario is that both default outfits for the main cast have unique battle damage. (Seeing undergarments through outer pieces, some nice peeks of skin, etc.) And that any outfits created in the CaS mode let you toggle which pieces can and cannot break, on an outfit-by-outfit basis, for both the main cast and user created characters. That would be amazing.

I have some ideas for a few different kinds of games, and they all have very elaborate outfit destruction mechanics. XD

¡Felices fiestas to everyone!

Hope you got a lot of presents and hot Santa Daddies. Or whatever's your liking.

I'll have to catch up on all the stuffs and dramas you've said the last weeks >:< It's best to get to it now!

Going on s brunch date. No sex intended. He's not my usual type other than having a beard. Doesn't work out, lean build, had been sweet to me otherwise. Seeing as most muscle gays are scum I'm trying to broaden my horizons. Not sure what to expect. Will report later.

Going on s brunch date. No sex intended. He's not my usual type other than having a beard. Doesn't work out, lean build, had been sweet to me otherwise. Seeing as most muscle gays are scum I'm trying to broaden my horizons. Not sure what to expect. Will report later.

Hope it works out. And if hes not your romantic type then maybe you'll get a new friend out of it.

Kevyt

Wait, Piqué photos? WHERE. WHEN.
HE'S MINE.

Happy Birthday Absolution! Have you felt the energy of the two-decade count? Rumor says it is an unforeseen feeling far stronger than anything--

You said he wasn't your type. :p

Best of luck! I hope you have a great time :)

Gratz! Being 20 myself, it was a rather good year for me, so look forward to a nice one yourself.

Happy birthday!

Hi Nick! Did you get to see Pique?

Congratulations!! :)

Happy birthday you youngun'!

Happy Birthday :)

Jesus take the wheel.

Also, happy birthday Absolution :).

Wait, Piqué photos? WHERE. WHEN.
HE'S MINE.

Happy Birthday Absolution! Have you felt the energy of the two-decade count? Rumor says it is an unforeseen feeling far stronger than anything--

Happy birthday! have fun ;)
Thanks guys! :)
So sunny on the beach here in Florida.
Gonna go jetskiing later.
Best birthday in years.

Grakl

You'll be fine :] You might get bad food, but that's the most dangerous part.

I actually think airline food is edible most of the time

I think it'd be of much more concern if you weren't.

(Unless you're like me and just find death to be an annoying prospect aside from the whole pain thing).

*Shudders*

I'd say it's normal to be afraid of going on an airplane even if you've been on one several times. Don't worry, I'm sure everything will be fine :D

Thanks for the kind words, dawgs.

Kater

Banned

So you are suggesting that playing dumb towards them when a girl starts flirting with you would be a good alternative to just outright denying it. Well, I guess it's better than ignoring the person completely, I suppose. Hm, I think I should try that, try the more polite way.

It's just that I don't like it when I'm misunderstood, so that's why I always thought that being blunt would be the best course of actions. Not that I really was blunt, no, I mean playing around with the thought of just acting blunt was a very attractive thought for me. Maybe it's just one of the remains of the times when I still was very much a cynical person.

So it's my birthday today! 20 today. Woo-hoo!
Happy Birthday, TA. :D

tumblr_inline_mqo661U0J11qz4rgp.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom