• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

garyBig

[...] and it'll be interesting to see how you go about reconciling the personae you use for regular social interaction and text-based anonymity, when talking to someone ostensibly from one sphere with the set of tools you've cultivated from another.

Exactly, and this is the part that I anticipate as being so peculiar that the only word for all of this situation I can come up with really, is "strange". It's such a strange phenomenon of our times to have created situations like these, where deep theoreticals about the nature of personae etc become a very concrete real life adventure so to speak.

Philosophical mind games have become a reality so let's what we can learn from this.

Either way, hope everything goes well, and be grateful you're not living in an era where all that text had to pass through via telegrams.

lol
and thx

PYGbLVo.png

how do i do this in real life

Kevyt

Just finished the main story from Arkham Asylum and Arkham City. The joker is such a good character in both of those games that it makes the movie Joker version a joke of a joker, lol. Best Super Hero video game franchise. Followed by the Infamous series. Can't wait for Arkham Knight.

tumblr_lbjys0sKXD1qbzf0vo1_r1_500.gif

garyBig

Just finished the main story from Arkham Asylum and Arkham City. The joker is such a good character in both of those games that it makes the movie Joker version a joke of a joker, lol. Best Super Hero video game franchise. Followed by the Infamous series. Can't wait for Arkham Knight.

Do you prefer one of them over the other? I really preferred the first for its tighter scope and focus.

DOWN

Banned
Oh and I prefer Adam Levine with his dark hair, but I also didn't mind the blonde as a phase. Reminded me of Fight Club.

Kevyt

Do you prefer one of them over the other? I really preferred the first.

The best one is the best. What I liked about Arkham Asylum is the atmosphere of the game, and the first half of it. The joker is one of the most interesting and best written antagonists in video games. Arkham City was fun too, especially playing as Catwoman. Yet some of the enemies like Deadshot and Bane are forgettable enemies. Bane was much more interesting in Asylum. All the murder investigations seemed pretty cool for Deadshot, but the final fight was disappointing. The same for Szas.

Oh and I prefer Adam Levine with his dark hair, but I also didn't mind the blonde as a phase. Reminded me of Fight Club.

He doesn't look bad, but it's just that I have gotten used to see Adam Levine with dark hair that I just think it looks better. However if the opposite was true, I would think blonde looks better.

But girls flirting with you is good for self esteem.

I'm over it tbh, the way women flirt is typically more indirect, which makes me feel like I am just supposed to play dumb for convenience. I'm almost aways aware that it's happening, but if you recognize it then you have to address it :p

Kevyt

I'm over it tbh, the way women flirt is typically more indirect, which makes me feel like I am just supposed to play dumb for convenience. I'm almost aways aware that it's happening, but if you recognize it then you have to address it :p

So what do you usually do when a girl is flirting with you?

Usually? Act nice but clueless and then avoid them once the conversation ends, lol. My social attitude is maybe slightly 'aristocratic', I'm kind of equally friendly to everyone, but the consequence of that is I'll be aloof or just 'cordial' once someone tries to get me to be real with them and I don't really feel like going there with them, because they got the wrong idea or something. I'll be as diplomatic or charming as I like, but being approachable doesn't really entitle people to learn personal things about me.

DOWN

Banned
This short woman way older than me was looking at me and said hi real awkward while I was picking out a Christmas card. She later walked up to me and turned around and walked away. 100% of me hopes that's not the type of person I attract but also I'd be very flattered if that's what was going on.

Kevyt

This short woman way older than me was looking at me and said hi real awkward while I was picking out a Christmas card. She later walked up to me and turned around and walked away. 100% of me hopes that's not the type of person I attract but also I'd be very flattered if that's what was going on.

Nothing wrong with that...

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
So I went through some old photos and found that I have more body hair than my father when he was 5 years older than I am right now lol so I can still hope for a beard meaning that I hot some genes from my grandpa
nah, not happening :p

you came across nudes of your dad?! :3

It's such a strange phenomenon of our times to have created situations like these, where deep theoreticals about the nature of personae etc become a very concrete real life adventure so to speak.

Philosophical mind games have become a reality so let's what we can learn from this.

QzaW7ud.jpg

Do you prefer one of them over the other? I really preferred the first for its tighter scope and focus.

Asylum is great. City sucked.

get that cougar lovin brah!

But girls flirting with you is good for self esteem.
youre_serious_futurama.gif

But seriously, I'm more awkward around women now after too many times people have mistaken friendliness for interest.

Oh man, you are so right cutie.

I just wanna watch GB CONTENT when I wake up after this hangover lol
Hahaha, you must be three sheets to the wind. ;p Think that's the first time anyone's called me cutie, so alcohol definitely has to be involved.

But yeah, tomorrow hoping for a nice chill mainlining of GotY content.

Kevyt

One things that I disliked about Arkham city was the plot, especially after the fight with Hugo Strange (not much of a fight) but
When Ras Al Ghul comes back and kills Hugo Strange, and Hugo strange admits working for him. That it was all Ras AL Ghul's plan. WTF? Why did Ras Al Ghul tried to have Batman to kill him,to replace him as head of the demon, and marry his daughter Talia in the first place? It makes no sense if Batman would have said yes, and killed him to become the head of the demon. What of Hugo Strange and protocol 10 then? In addition, Ras Al ghul was trying to have Batman command his army to kill all human beings, so Protocol 10 once again, makes no sense. It also doesn't make sense that Hugo Strange would of replaced Ras Al Ghul, but I don't think that was the plan.
In any case the Joker plot twist was unexpected, and much better. If the Hugo Strange part would have been the ending, I would have been disappointed. lol.

DOWN

Banned
I thought Catwoman's walk/run animations were awesome in Arkham's City. One of the slickest looking strings of animations.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Nah, it was him and my mom on their honeymoon on the beach.

so thats a "no" then?

One things that I disliked about Arkham city was the plot, especially after the fight with Hugo Strange (not much of a fight) but
When Ras Al Ghul comes back and kills Hugo Strange, and Hugo strange admits working for him. That it was all Ras AL Ghul's plan. WTF? Why did Ras Al Ghul tried to have Batman to kill him,to replace him as head of the demon, and marry his daughter Talia in the first place? It makes no sense if Batman would have said yes, and killed him to become the head of the demon. What of Hugo Strange and protocol 10 then? In addition, Ras Al ghul was trying to have Batman command his army to kill all human beings, so Protocol 10 once again, makes no sense. It also doesn't make sense that Hugo Strange would of replaced Ras Al Ghul, but I don't think that was the plan.
In any case the Joker plot twist was unexpected, and much better. If the Hugo Strange part would have been the ending, I would have been disappointed. lol.

city's plot sucked, as did all the villains they never did anything with. what a mess that game was. turned me off the series for good tbh.

I thought Catwoman's walk/run animations were awesome in Arkham's City. One of the slickest looking strings of animations.

Catwoman was the best thing about the game though.

Kevyt

I had trouble fighting thugs with her in the beginning. She's much weaker than Batman. However at the end part I was able to upgrade the combos and her health, and as I got into the Museum to look for two face she had a nice floor breakdance-like combo, using her whip too, that hits all enemies. It was a really good technique to use against 20+ thugs. In the end I realized that Catwoman was much better when fighting large groups of enemies simply because of that move. While Batman has more gadgets, more ways to tackle enemies, and more armor, he doesn't have a move that can hit multipe enemies like catwoman (Except for the explosive gel). I guess the Bat Swarm combo is nice too, but it's not a hard knockdown like Catwoman's.

Kater

Banned
In the past I simply ignored the flirting stuff when it came from girls. Now I would probably just tell her the truth: "I'm gay, thank you for being interested in me that way but I can't feel the same towards you."
Or at least I tell myself that to feel more courageous than I really am.

Kevyt

In the past I simply ignored the flirting stuff when it came from girls. Now I would probably just tell her the truth: "I'm gay, thank you for being interested in me that way but I can't feel the same towards you."
Or at least I tell myself that to feel more courageous than I really am.

Being honest and breaking a lady's heart right away huh? :p

Dany

Banned
Saying the truth is better than lying to her face and making up stories or ignoring her. Maybe she'll find out later and that would disappoint her a whole lot more. And it would make me feel bad.

how firm are you in your sexuality??

also Parn iz very handsome in person

Saying the truth is better than lying to her face and making up stories or ignoring her. Maybe she'll find out later and that would disappoint her a whole lot more. And it would make me feel bad.

Flirting? Frankly, no, I don't think so. In fact you can mangle the tone of interaction that way. People have ways of communicating using less explicit means, that can save a person from being totally exposed. It's like you get a brief look, just enough to get an idea, you don't need someone to draw you a picture.

If a woman confesses to me or something? Yeah, I'll tell the truth. Sincerity demands sincerity in return. But flirting is frivolous, it isn't owed the same kind of response.

Kevyt

Hopefully this link works. Do you see my profile?http://www.okcupid.com/profile/TheAbsolution1

I think you should talk more about yourself in detail. Interesting things about you without sounding too generic. For example you could talk more about the things you enjoy doing. Do you like to Ski, swim, hike, etc? Like someone else said, have more pictures of yourself doing things you like to do.

Two recommendations: more detail in your profile. It's honestly a bit on the short side. Also, more pictures of yourself, especially if they involve you doing things! It's kind of like marketing.

Here's mine, open to criticism from anyone interested: http://www.okcupid.com/profile/Meicyn

Well what can I say... your profile is really good. It's very interesting. I love the Korean food part and how you talk about your grilling skills! I don't know what else to say... :)

Caladrius

Been playing Project Diva F 2nd and Captain Toad.(I also got Omega Ruby, but that's on the backburner until I've had my fill of the other two).

Despite the fact that I only got three games this Christmas, two of which I already owned in some form, I feel pretty satisfied.(Getting some cute blue zip-up hoodies helped.)

My sister's boyfriend got her a Wii U on Christmas and she lets me play it and holy shit is Super Mario 3D World fun.

It's a damn tragedy that the game is never going to get the recognition it deserves. Best Mario platformer in years. While I have a couple of reservations about it, I feel that it has a lot more personality than the New Super series and 3D Land do.

I seem to have an unfortunate tendency to love games overlooked by the majority for some reason.

It's before midnight and I've had a long island, several old fashions and some cocktail myself. Haha. Yea' i'll be chilling tomorrow with GB content. Today's was good. :D
Very nice assortment of drinks, I'm jelly. Wanted to get drunk tonight but got persuaded to hang with friends instead. Still had fun, but ugh, wanted to get may drink on.

No lack of GB content tomorrow to drink to!

Kater

Banned
Flirting? Frankly, no, I don't think so. In fact you can mangle the tone of interaction that way. People have ways of communicating using less explicit means, that can save a person from being totally exposed. It's like you get a brief look, just enough to get an idea, you don't need someone to draw you a picture.

If a woman confesses to me or something? Yeah, I'll tell the truth. Sincerity demands sincerity in return. But flirting is frivolous, it isn't owed the same kind of response.

how firm are you in your sexuality??

also Parn iz very handsome in person

I am a bit of awkward guy and I never really knew how to go about that stuff (girls flirting with me and how to react). What should I say instead? What should I do? Please, do tell.

I guess I'm a bit like the homophobic people reacting to a guy flirting with them. Or at least you could interpret my post like that. :s

Mr. F

Banned
You'll be fine :] You might get bad food, but that's the most dangerous part.

I actually think airline food is edible most of the time

I think the industry on the whole stepped their game up a decade ago, I remember some nightmare meals from childhood that seem pretty rare nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom