• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

RM8

Really? How so?

I was gonna watch it in youtube, pay the fee and watch it.
It had barely any North Korea in it. For better or worse, there's a ton of comedic value about North Korea and in the end the movie could have been about any crazy dictator. Then it was just not very funny, I think. Kim Jong-un doesn't look like Kim Jong-un at all, I didn't like his performance overall. Franco was insufferable but I guess that was the point :p

You said he wasn't your type. :p

Did I say that? Oops.

I tend to have such a short-term memory when I speak/write English. Sorry about that.

@The Interview: Is it that bad? How disappointing. And I don't understand why they had to make it about the assassination attempt of Kim Jong Un while they could've made up a fictional country named "Korth Norea" with its ruler Mik Gon Nu. It would have delivered the same message.

Might be because it's not a movie with a clear message other than satire with no social criticism? >.< my brains.

Kater

Banned
Isn't it just a shitty movie filled with racist jokes and "teen" humor?
Hah, my thoughts exactly. The whole Sony hack was a very effective way to market it, lots of people talked about watching the film because "freedom of speech" or supporting the film out of some patriotic duty. -.-

Kevyt

It had barely any North Korea in it. For better or worse, there's a ton of comedic value about North Korea and in the end the movie could have been about any crazy dictator. Then it was just not very funny, I think. Kim Jong-un doesn't look like Kim Jong-un at all, I didn't like his performance overall. Franco was insufferable but I guess that was the point :p

Hmmm... I see. I guess I won't enjoy it either. Well thanks for the warning, I'm not gonna watch it anymore.

Did I say that? Oops.

I tend to have such a short-term memory when I speak/write English. Sorry about that.

@The Interview: Is it that bad? How disappointing. And I don't understand why they had to make it about the assassination attempt of Kim Jong Un while they could've made up a fictional country named "Korth Norea" with its ruler Mik Gon Nu. It would have delivered the same message.

Might be because it's not a movie with a clear message other than satire with no social criticism? >.< my brains.

You did say that. You also said that you had connections that would let you see and meet Pique, or something of that sort. Are you part of the Spanish Mafia? :p

Watch nbcsn If you wanna see hot dudes pull tires in mud.

Hot dudes covered in mud? Yum

lip_licker.gif

Caladrius

It takes me a while to process double negatives. It's actually pretty fun. Nothing gross and somewhat safe for work.

This sounds significantly less disturbing, but I'll still have to pass.

Doesn't the cessation of existence terrify you, though? I'm still not that enthusiastic about pain, but I'm significantly less comfortable about the simple fact that my consciousness is doomed to just stop at some point.

Not really, no. While it is somewhat disappointing to not be able to see more of the world, I don't look forward to the future because more bad things inevitably happen than good ones. There's also the fact that non-existence is by its very nature impossible to perceive and experience. I could fear something like Hell because there would be a tangible consequence and experience attached to it, but something that only causes torment as an idea is something I have no emotions about.

Thanks for the kind words, dawgs.

It's what we're here for.

The Interview was such a disappointment :[

Comedy films in general are rarely any good unless properly mixed with another genre. *shrugs*

Kevyt

Not really, no. While it is somewhat disappointing to not be able to see more of the world, I don't look forward to the future because more bad things inevitably happen than good ones. There's also the fact that non-existence is by its very nature impossible to perceive and experience. I could fear something like Hell because there would be a tangible consequence and experience attached to it, but something that only causes torment as an idea is something I have no emotions about.

Other than fear itself, which is an emotion. I think non-existence is inevitable and therefore we should make the most out of our lives. Contrary to the "there is no after-life therefore there is no purpose in life" view, we must give our lives meaning and purpose.

garyBig

Other than fear itself, which is an emotion. I think non-existence is inevitable and therefore we should make the most out of our lives. Contrary to the "there is no after-life therefore there is no purpose in life" view, we must give our lives meaning and purpose.

WTF. It's gross how much people with that kinda 'view' miss the point. Also gross that there are people who might actually think like that. Bwah, religion 'logic'. Ugh! Life is for the living. Life is to be lived. Life is all there is, if it weren't for it you'd have nothing. So by definition the fact of life is literally the best thing in existence. To disregard it like that is an insult to literally everything there is. The epitome of disrespect. I have no respect for this kind of folk. Bane of humanity.

I don't look forward to the future because more bad things inevitably happen than good ones.

No don't think that! I believe there's always a way to change your perspective to a positive one. Try to believe this as well. It's worth it.

I know, I know. I must come off as a happy-go-lucky optimist now. But: don't even have a problem with that :)

Edit:
Not believing in an afterlife is exactly what makes me cherish the life I get to have right now.

Exactly. This how real logic works. The meaning of 'common sense' really defines itself by those who don't have it.

Kevyt

WTF. It's gross how much people with that kinda 'view' miss the point. Also gross that there are people who might actually think like that. Bwah, religion 'logic'. Ugh! Life is for the living. Life is to be lived. Life is all there is, if it weren't for it you'd have nothing. So by definition the fact of life is literally the best thing in existence. To disregard it like that is an insult to literally everything there is. The epitome of disrespect. I have no respect for this kind of folk. Bane of humanity.

That's an interesting way to put it. I always tried to understand folks with that kind of thinking considering that I grew up in a Christian household. Still, I agree with you. I never paid much attention to it until I begin to understand that life is ephemeral, and that makes it unique. In any case, I guess it's similar to "what is life" kind of persons that get depressed, an existentialist view of life in which any decision we make will not matter in the end; however, I think that for this reason we should make the best of our lives. I once got into an argument with a pastor about this, he was somewhat heated after several exchanges, lol.

DOWN

Banned
Do people really not care about how much experience and greatness there is in living if they don't think there's an "afterlife"? Not believing in an afterlife is exactly what makes me cherish the life I get to have right now. The meaning of life isn't to think about what existence you'll have when you're no longer alive. Go find joy.

Jetskiing is goddamned fucking fun.
Holy shit, just got off the thing and I've never had so much fun before. The jet ski goes so freaking fast it's not even funny.
Best birthday ever.
zR0IJ8c.jpg

lptjrbf.jpg

Completely soaked right now.

Kevyt

Do people really not care about how much experience and greatness there is in living if they don't think there's an "afterlife"? Not believing in an afterlife is exactly what makes me cherish the life I get to have right now. The meaning of life isn't to think about what existence you'll have when you're no longer alive. Go find joy.

I think for religious persons this is a scary and dangerous idea to entertain - this was the case for me. It challenges many religious views about salvation and the after life, while at the same time contradicting their own deities, gods and goddesses.

Holy shit, just got off the thing and I've never had so much fun before. The jet ski goes so freaking fast it's not even funny.
Best birthday ever.
zR0IJ8c.jpg

lptjrbf.jpg

That looks extremely fun. How far from the sea shore did you go?

Kater

Banned
Best birthday ever.
zR0IJ8c.jpg

lptjrbf.jpg

Never went jetskiing but I'll consider it now. From the pictures and your expression it looks like you had lots of fun. :3

garyBig

I think for religious persons this is a scary and dangerous idea to entertain - this was the case for me. It challenges many religious views about salvation and the after life, while at the same time contradicting their own deities, gods and goddesses.

Whenever sound reasoning contradicts with someone's religious beliefs like that, there is a choice to make so important that it's the moment for them to either reveal themselves or prove their worth.

(by which I don't mean to condemn having any beliefs whatsoever - just to clarify)

Kevyt

It would be fun to own a jetskiing boat. I think I know what I'm buying myself for my bday. *looks at prices* mother of... ugh well, I think I'll settle on renting one.

There was a peremiter that you couldn't go past but I'd say between a 3/4 to 1 mile out.
Happy Birthday!

You look so happy! :3

Never went jetskiing but I'll consider it now. From the pictures and your expression it looks like you had lots of fun. :3

Oh man that looks like a ton of fun.
It was a shit ton of fun. It's kinda like riding a motorcycle but without any of the risks. And pretty much once you let off the throttle it stops so you only go as fast as you want to. I highly recommend it.
It would be fun to own a jetskiing boat. I think I know what I'm buying myself for my bday. *looks at prices* mother of... ugh well, I think I'll settle on renting one.
Yeah it was pretty cheap. Only about $85 for 30 minutes of fun. 30 minutes in plenty enough, don't really need more than that.

Kater

Banned
My only fear would be of falling in the water. The deep blue sea - while it is so beautiful sometimes - is kinda terrifying to me personally.

weren't you scared of sharks :(
Going too fast for them. :p
My only fear would be of falling in the water. The deep blue sea - while it is so beautiful sometimes - is kinda terrifying to me personally.
You only fall off if you're going too fast and you don't stop. Just gotta hold on.
And if you do fall in, you've got a life jacket on and plus the engine cuts so you can get back on the jet ski

Meicyn

Gold Member
Thanks for the kind words on the other page guys.

I've driven small boats before, but never used a jet ski. I need to change that. Looks like I know what I'm doing when it warms up.

Kater

Banned

All the shadows down there. I do not want to know what could hide there.

I'm not surprised. Cats are afraid of water. :p
Actually, that's a bit of a cliche I believe. It's true for a lot of them, but some like to bathe in a pond from time to time. Or hunt fish in a river.

You only fall off if you're going too fast and you don't stop. Just gotta hold on.
And if you do fall in, you've got a life jacket on and plus the engine cuts so you can get back on the jet ski
That's re-assuring. Glad that they think of such things. Falling off away from the beach and having the jetski drive away could put someone in a terrible situation.

Kevyt

^^ lol. Gato your image is not working.

Whenever sound reasoning contradicts with someone's religious beliefs like that, there is a choice to make so important that it's the moment for them to either reveal themselves or prove their worth.

(by which I don't mean to condemn having any beliefs whatsoever - just to clarify)

I applied Occam's Razor to various aspects of my life. Religion was one of them.

Caladrius

You're not quite getting my point. I'm saying that even if the consequences of non-existence are "bad" I don't particularly care, because when I am non-existent I won't experience or think anything and it therefore has no material consequence.

I agree with your sentiment about purpose, though.

No don't think that! I believe there's always a way to change your perspective to a positive one. Try to believe this as well. It's worth it.

I know, I know. I must come off as a happy-go-lucky optimist now. But: don't even have a problem with that :)

Nothing wrong with that. I've always considered that the mark of a motivated person.

Kevyt

You're not quite getting my point. I'm saying that even if the consequences of non-existence are "bad" I don't particularly care, because when I am non-existent I won't experience or think anything and it therefore has no material consequence.

I agree with your sentiment about purpose, though.

Nothing wrong with that. I've always considered that the mark of a motivated person.

I was talking about the fear of the idea of the negative consequences of non-existence. It's the same effect as being afraid of something that hasn't happened an probably won't. That fear is an emotion. Maybe you don't experience it but some people do, I know I did and so do many others. As you said, it's about being afraid of an idea, a theoretical possibility without any substance or concrete evidence.

Also, for Gato's picture: am I the only one getting this?

This is the most depressing time of year. I'm planning on putting my Christmas decorations up tomorrow so it's back to boring old apartment. There won't be another festive holiday that I get excited about until Halloween. Just months of bitter cold. :(

Mr. F

Banned
This is the most depressing time of year. I'm planning on putting my Christmas decorations up tomorrow so it's back to boring old apartment. There won't be another festive holiday that I get excited about until Halloween. Just months of bitter cold. :(

No plans for new years?

edit; misread. Just keep the lights up if you've got them. They're nice in the winter regardless. :)

Caladrius

I was talking about the fear of the idea of the negative consequences of non-existence. It's the same effect as being afraid of something that hasn't happened an probably won't. That fear is an emotion. Maybe you don't experience it but some people do, I know I did and so do many others. As you said, it's about being afraid of an idea, a theoretical possibility without any substance or concrete evidence.

Also, for Gato's picture: am I the only one getting this?

Ah, I see what you're getting at now. Didn't mean to sound dismissive.

Hey guys and gals. Happy bday Absolution.

Just a wee bit late on that are we? xmas was two days ago.

Grakl

Got a haircut, woo! Kept the top long, though, since I wanted to try a new style.

You don't have anything else to decorate your apartment with? You shouldn't need holidays to have some cheer!

Put it up as in put it away.

I think our notions about life having purpose are problematic, even the self-created kind. I think it's the same as the romantic ideal of becoming a 'whole person' free from internal division. It's an impermanent state we view as being some kind of end goal, but in reality it's not something that can be permanently attained. I think purpose is more of a vehicle or something that can get you somewhere, if you're able to harness it at the right time, but it's not really a house or territory that you can live in in perpetuity.

HylianTom

Banned
No holiday depression here. Mardi Gras parades start next week, on New Year's Eve.

Although Mardi Gras falls pretty early this year (Feb 17th). I'd love another cold one. But dry.. last year's was miserably rainy.

(the sucky thing? I'm resolved to lose 10 pounds, and king cake everywhere won't help at. all.)

No plans for new years?

Going out with some friends but it's not exactly on the level of Halloween or Christmas. New Years sounds like any given Saturday when I was in school. Lol

Hey guys and gals. Happy bday Absolution.

That's barely enough time to get back from wherever you were visiting. After New Years is when you start to look odd.

Got a haircut, woo! Kept the top long, though, since I wanted to try a new style.

You don't have anything else to decorate your apartment with? You shouldn't need holidays to have some cheer!

Put it up as in put it away.

Nothing festive! It's just back to normal. I got rid of a lot of my old furniture that I used when I was in school when I moved. But I'm slowly adding new pieces though it's not cheap. DVD my sense if style is deficient. I'm not a very good gay.

No holiday depression here. Mardi Gras parades start next week, on New Year's Eve.

Although Mardi Gras falls pretty early this year (Feb 17th). I'd love another cold one. But dry.. last year's was miserably rainy.

(the sucky thing? I'm resolved to lose 10 pounds, and king cake everywhere won't help at. all.)

Feeling better Tom?

HylianTom

Banned
Feeling better Tom?

Much better (thanks!). Throat's still sore, but fever broke overnight. I'm still pissed that this happened on one of my few free holidays, but refuse to dwell on it.

I'm already looking forward to New Year's Eve.. looking at the passage of time is always fun.

Grakl

Nothing festive! It's just back to normal. I got rid of a lot of my old furniture that I used when I was in school when I moved. But I'm slowly adding new pieces though it's not cheap. DVD my sense if style is deficient. I'm not a very good gay.

Oh, that makes sense -- good furniture is hella expensive. And fuck sense of style, you do you.

Much better (thanks!). Throat's still sore, but fever broke overnight. I'm still pissed that this happened on one of my few free holidays, but refuse to dwell on it.

I'm already looking forward to New Year's Eve.. looking at the passage of time is always fun.
Glad to hear it.

I'm glad I had a fun birthday this year too. ;)
Glad everybody is feeling better too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom