• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.
So that was a nice "date". Guy is super sweet. We ate, talked politics, social issues, gay rights history, Judaism, family stuff. He took me to his place and we talked more. Then he asked if he could kiss me. I didn't say yes or no, I just leaned in. We made out, we hugged, he said I had a beautiful body, a great smile, he took an abstract photo of my back.

Was really nice to feel that validated and be myself without being worried about being judged or comparing myself. But....I don't know if I dug him as much as I did him. I tried, I tried to foster a spark, tried to get a fire burning...but it felt very one sided. I don't know...I feel confused.

As I mentioned in my previous post he's not the typical guy I'm drawn to, he's smaller than me, more lean. He has the personality, I felt my brain stimulated. Better than the usual scummy musclebear bullshit that I'm used to. I'm so confused.

Mr. F

Banned
So that was a nice "date". Guy is super sweet. We ate, talked politics, social issues, gay rights history, Judaism, family stuff. He took me to his place and we talked more. Then he asked if he could kiss me. I didn't say yes or no, I just leaned in. We made out, we hugged, he said I had a beautiful body, a great smile, he took an abstract photo of my back.

Was really nice to feel that validated and be myself without being worried about being judged or comparing myself. But....I don't know if I dug him as much as I did him. I tried, I tried to foster a spark, tried to get a fire burning...but it felt very one sided. I don't know...I feel confused.

As I mentioned in my previous post he's not the typical guy I'm drawn to, he's smaller than me, more lean. He has the personality, I felt my brain stimulated. Better than the usual scummy musclebear bullshit that I'm used to. I'm so confused.

I'm not sure you can force that kind of thing, and I think being intensely aware of the fact it isn't happening might end up sabotaging your feelings even more in the moment. If you enjoyed his company maybe try seeing him again? Things can change as you get to know a person more.

It sounds like a nice time regardless, kudos for dating out of your comfort zone.

Don't worry about it. Ifind that the bigger issue will likely be cleanliness or obnoxious roommates. You'll probably find out about that stuff way before you would if they were homophobe.

What'd you buy?

The Princess Bride
Robocop
Clue
Red Dwarf Series V
Doctor Who: Trial of a Timelord
Doctor Who: Greatest Show in the Galaxy

scarlet

I'm not sure you can force that kind of thing, and I think being intensely aware of the fact it isn't happening might end up sabotaging your feelings even more in the moment. If you enjoyed his company maybe try seeing him again? Things can change as you get to know a person more.

It sounds like a nice time regardless, kudos for dating out of your comfort zone.

Yup so true. A week ago I met this super nice guy, but there's no sparks at all. I tried, but nothing. He isn't my type at all. I don't know, maybe I'm already used to date jerks and when I date someone decent I felt nothing.
and he's super rich, like really really rich. I tried to be shallow and nope, can't do

Yup so true. A week ago I met this super nice guy, but there's no sparks at all. I tried, but nothing. He isn't my type at all. I don't know, maybe I'm already used to date jerks and when I date someone decent I felt nothing.
and he's super rich, like really really rich. I tried to be shallow and nope, can't do
yeah it's totally understandabl- he was rich? what? DO IT

Caladrius

Blood Diamond-digger pls

No problem dear Caladrius :)

I just thought you didn't understand my first point because I was expanding on what you said.

I actually did misinterpret what you meant At first I thought you were trying to point out a contradiction.

My more defensive self shows through even over frivolous things, it seems.

The Princess Bride

Funny, My mother got that for Christmas.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

Congrats on finding someone who isn't an asshole. I think you should go out again and take things slow. I repeat: take. things. slow. There's no need to try to force yourself to feel for him what he (may or may not) feel for you, but go out again. Have a good time. Get to know him better. Feelings may develop, or they may not. You don't have to decide right now whether you want to spend the rest of your life with him.

(don't lead him on though)

Thanks. I have spent a couple weeks now going back and forth over a couple of bar stools. Oi vey!

lets us decide for you

Kevyt

Best advice ever :p

Blood Diamond-digger pls

I actually did misinterpret what you meant At first I thought you were trying to point out a contradiction.

My more defensive self shows through even over frivolous things, it seems.

Funny, My mother got that for Christmas.

Funny, I didn't interpret that as self defensive or dismissive. :)

mantidor

So I'm playing Bayonetta 2 like mad and the game really brings out my inner drag queen. After each playing session I feel like going in heels, be fabulous, fierce and sickening while kicking all kinds of ass.

mantidor

I know its weird D: It's probably me making the characters move slowly so they catwalk instead of run. Also I spend more halos in unlocking customes than in actual items, I feel like filling a wardrobe of fabulousness. D:

Kevyt

So I'm playing Bayonetta 2 like mad and the game really brings out my inner drag queen. After each playing session I feel like going in heels, be fabulous, fierce and sickening while kicking all kinds of ass.

Hmmm... Anyone here do drag or has done drag before?

Kevyt

Does trying on my mother's high heels at age seven to see what they felt like count? Because otherwise, no.

They were extremely uncomfortable.

I guess.

Not real drag, just girly clothes (coats, jeans, etc.)

I sat on my backside too much though and gained a little fat so the jeans don't fit as well at the moment.

You still wear the girly jeans? lol

I remember I went to a Shakespeare play of "Romeo and Juliet" and the cast was all male. That meant that the person who was playing Juliet was a guy. He was really good looking (I searched for him online) and he did a great job as Juliet. The voice was bit off putting, but he rocked as Juliet. As the play went on, I forgot Juliet was being played by a guy. This was the case in Shakespearean times, where woman were not allowed to be in plays so young males would play the part of females.

B-Dex

My hot bi buddy is coming over tomorrow. I am too excited.

He's hot as he'll and knows how to get things done. If you catch my drift.

💅

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
whatever happened to that guy who had the straight friend who got drunk and wanted to fuck and shower or whatever? update?

My hot bi buddy is coming over tomorrow. I am too excited.

He's hot as he'll and knows how to get things done. If you catch my drift.

💅

Cool be sure to keep us updated *wink*

Kevyt

I think our notions about life having purpose are problematic, even the self-created kind. I think it's the same as the romantic ideal of becoming a 'whole person' free from internal division. It's an impermanent state we view as being some kind of end goal, but in reality it's not something that can be permanently attained. I think purpose is more of a vehicle or something that can get you somewhere, if you're able to harness it at the right time, but it's not really a house or territory that you can live in in perpetuity.

I agree, purpose is like an abstract and vague idea that we make up to feel better about existance. It's just an idea and nothing more.

DOWN

Banned
I was in Target and the associates were having a conversation, the first part I heard beginning with "I'm not a homophobe, but-"

Ugh

Kevyt

limp wrists
shrill, high pitched voice
lisp

etc

And your point...? -_-

I don't see how a high pitched voice can be consider as a "gay mannerism" considering that there is no direct correlation between voice pitch and sexuality. Lisp? Well a lot of people have that... and again has nothing do with sexuality or how a person identifies.

Grakl

And your point...? -_-

I don't see how a high pitched voice can be consider as a "gay mannerism" considering that there is no direct correlation between voice pitch and sexuality. Lisp? Well a lot of people have that... and again has nothing do with sexuality or how a person identifies.

High pitched voice, limp wrist, lisp are all clear gay mannerisms. Just because some people have something when they're not gay doesn't mean that it's not a gay mannerism. These all exist for many gay people, and are stereotyped as ways gay people act.

Golnei

Not real drag, just girly clothes (coats, jeans, etc.)

I sat on my backside too much though and gained a little fat so the jeans don't fit as well at the moment.

That might be preferable to not having an ass at all. Biology dictates that I must have one somewhere, but sadly I've been unable to find any evidence of this mysterious construct's existence.

I wish I could play as Rodin, the guy looks like he could have a great body, with a nice costume he could look desirable :p

You can play as him, but he only has two costumes. Disappointing, considering the Santa suit in the opening and the opportunities for crossover and revealing outfits - not giving him an unlockable fundoshi completely ruins the weeaboo motif he adopts in the second game.

I know its weird D: It's probably me making the characters move slowly so they catwalk instead of run. Also I spend more halos in unlocking customes than in actual items, I feel like filling a wardrobe of fabulousness. D:

Walking in Bayonetta is more enjoyable than any other game - especially when you're slowly moving up towards an angel while shooting and wearing one of the dresses, it's just so stylish. Though you might want to save your halos a little - you're going to need 9,999,999 after all - you might as well enjoy the costumes now and grind in Tag Climax later.

I was in Target and the associates were having a conversation, the first part I heard beginning with "I'm not a homophobe, but-"

Ugh

It's theoretically possible that they weren't actually bigoted...

but3rr30.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom