• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dragon's Dogma was the best game of last gen.
]

Demon's Souls disagrees (as does Bayonetta, Ninja Gaiden 2, the Last of Us, tekken tag tournament 2, and lots more, but the Soul series disagrees in particular given that they're also RPGs). Don't get me wrong, I like Dragon's Dogma, but I'd definitely feel it's far too flawed to consider it the best game of the entire generation.

Also, watching Misfits and wow at Sam Keeley.

Realtalk, it's in my top 5 DS games. But I'm not sure it'd make my all time top 20. If I'd been old enough to play it when it was new, maybe.

Okay, I'll put this one on the 'don't need to bother getting round to' experience list. I'm glad it worked out okay for you, I wouldn't've been so lucky.
It really does suck. Only have done it once and thankfully she's (I'm bi) still my friend but it still led to some awkard interactions for a while.
Would not reccomend.

I remember seeing Dragon's Dogma being presented at a capcom panel at comic con a couple years back. I didn't think it'd actually be good and now here we are!

Kevyt

Demon's Souls disagrees (as does Bayonetta, Ninja Gaiden 2, the Last of Us, tekken tag tournament 2, and lots more, but the Soul series disagrees in particular given that they're also RPGs). Don't get me wrong, I like Dragon's Dogma, but I'd definitely feel it's far too flawed to consider it the best game of the entire generation.

AuE1uo9d6540o.gif

DOWN

Banned

Ahasverus

Sooooo guys it's friday night how are you doing with your party plans and......

*sees gaming talk for about 3 pages*

Never change gaygaf <3

Meicyn

Gold Member
Nobody's after it in real life so I might look totally different in person

But I find the
less aggressive
responses very flattering considering who's given them

Haha
Rock out with a RPJ avatar, you're a handsome dude.

By the way, all of you other folks that also don't have a RPJ avatar... bring out your faces!

Im unbiasedly saying Bayonetta and Dark Souls shit on it.
Bayonetta was automatically disqualified on account of those awful, terrible "PRESS X TO NOT DIE" QTEs. Sometimes you're sitting back with a 5 minute long cutscene, other times a prompt will appear out of nowhere and all I end up doing is seeing more game over screens, killing the immersion.

Dark Souls was very, very close. But Dragon's Dogma wins on account of my ability to do things like hanging off a griffon for dear life while airborne and repeatedly stabbing it in the butt, Shadow of the Colossus style. Having full access to all three dimensions in combat put the game above Dark Souls for me.

It's a good movie but don't rush it. If you have free time and want to just have a good comedy to a bottle of whatever alcoholic beverage you prefer then you are pretty much set for a good time.
It's on my list of movies to get to. That list is longer than I like, and still filled with too many classics. I have been whittling away it it, though! I finally saw Blade Runner and Alien, for instance!

I have become incredibly enamored with the cinematography and art direction of Alien, holy shit.

Same applies to Elder Scrolls games.
sjajR.gif

Not enough "nopes" in the world.

terrisus

Never change gaygaf <3

Spent the evening trying to get out of going to visit my wife's family, because her brother will be there, and I can't stand her brother.

I think I convinced her not to make me go.
(Since, if I went, I would probably end up leaving within like 10 minutes of getting there anyway >.>)
If you don't see me here tomorrow afternoon, though - send the rescue crew >.>

Ahasverus

I'm watching the Hunger Games on cinemax but I'll probably hang out with a friend (one of those who aren't that great to be with and talk behind your back, but are funny enough to be cool in short bursts and have hot friends). We're in a local festivity in town called "Carnival of the Devil" which is as fun as it sounds :D there is alcohol, music, costumes and hot people for 5 days, gotta have some fun!

Kevyt

I'm watching the Hunger Games on cinemax but I'll probably hang out with a friend (one of those who aren't that great to be with and talk behind your back, but are funny enough to be cool in short bursts and have hot friends). We're in a local festivity in town called "Carnival of the Devil" which is as fun as it sounds :D there is alcohol, music, costumes and hot people for 5 days, gotta have some fun!

El Diablo >.>

I got home to Florida from Houston tonight. I always take pics out the plane window.
15993014720_255fb022f8_c.jpg

Beautiful shot! It's simply beautiful... but not as beautiful as you ;)

How did you like Strange Journey? If you enjoyed it at all, I highly recommend trying Nocturne, it's probably the best in the series to date. Digital Devil Saga is worth having a look at as well, but the characters and plot don't really live up to the interesting world created around them - it's still a great RPG, though.

Nice! I do recommend SMT: Nocturne. It's mind-blowing if you enjoyed Strange Journey :)

PErsonally, it's my favourite SMT game ever.
I wouldn't say I enjoyed SJ... I just liked it until the maps started turning into bullshit that I wasn't gonna bother with. I stopped playing at Eridanus..

Elitist1945

Jeez I've honestly never been to a party in my life. I get invited all the time, just being around a bunch of intoxicated people doesn't sound very fun.

Kater

Banned

Never change gaygaf <3
lol

That's LGBTQIA GAF for you. In the end, it's still the games that connect us all, not even our thirst talk is that excessive. :p

It's on my list of movies to get to. That list is longer than I like, and still filled with too many classics. I have been whittling away it it, though! I finally saw Blade Runner and Alien, for instance!

I have become incredibly enamored with the cinematography and art direction of Alien, holy shit.
Alien is really beautiful. You have to watch the rest of the series. All of them are great, even Alien Resurrection.
sjajR.gif

Not enough "nopes" in the world.
I love that gif. Still wondering who that Khajiit is. Maybe Inigo?
And I want to know which combat mod lets you stomp on another persons head.

El_Gato said:
lol

That's LGBTQIA GAF for you. In the end, it's still the games that connect us all, not even our thirst talk is that excessive. :p

Alien is really beatiful. You have to watch the rest of the series. All of them are great, even Alien Ressurrection.

I love that gif. Still wondering who that Khajiit is. Maybe Inigo?
And I want to know which combat mod lets you stomp on another persons head.

There's tones of great movies you should still see

Ahasverus

I think me not enjoying drinking also has to do with my parents both being alcoholics and me not wanting to be like them.
That's wholly understandable.

Drinking is only fun when it's used to have fun. No need to uae it if you feel bad or gets you bad feelings at all. Company is the most important part of social events.

Meicyn

Gold Member
I think me not enjoying drinking also has to do with my parents both being alcoholics and me not wanting to be like them.
I can relate. I stayed away from it for a long time for similar reasons. But, you can still enjoy alcohol. Just make sure you're the one in control, and not the other way around.

terrisus

Jeez I've honestly never been to a party in my life. I get invited all the time, just being around a bunch of intoxicated people doesn't sound very fun.

Do you not drink

That's because you don't intoxicate yourself. Fun times.

I've drank before...I just don't really think it does much for me. Being drunk makes me feel like crap.

I'm with you on that.

Something I can finally agree with you on. I don't like drinking really. :p

You'll like drinking if you drink more of it.

That's wholly understandable.

Drinking is only fun when it's used to have fun. No need to uae it if you feel bad or gets you bad feelings at all. Company is the most important part of social events.

My grandfather and father were alcoholics, I understand this sentiment.

Irony is reading this thread as I drink a beer

I can relate. I stayed away from it for a long time for similar reasons. But, you can still enjoy alcohol. Just make sure you're the one in control, and not the other way around.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

>.>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom