• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caladrius

GayGAF GOAT confirmed to be Superman 64.

No seriously your tastes are appalling. :[

does this mean you've had guys do terrible things to you before

The only kind of terrible things done were that they were just being assholes.

I'm still waiting for the kind of terrible I want.

How did you like Strange Journey? If you enjoyed it at all, I highly recommend trying Nocturne, it's probably the best in the series to date. Digital Devil Saga is worth having a look at as well, but the characters and plot don't really live up to the interesting world created around them - it's still a great RPG, though.

I really don't like the first DDS. Basically the only parts of that game I really enjoyed were the ending, postgame and the fight against the Demi-Fiend.

The sequel is one of my favorite JRPGs though. Combat, difficulty (On hard anyway, which is what I played) and dungeons were all the right balance of tough and accessible, the pacing is brisk for the most part (once you're aboveground at least), and the plot as a whole is far more interesting than the first game's. The endgame in particular is stellar in that department.

Having silver fox Roland instead of that jackass Heat helped.

So is this just a thread for everyone to converse with each other, or is there a set topic?

With that said...hello.

Hello!

Dragon's Dogma was the best game of last gen.

LtLTiEz.jpg

That's not how you spell Skyrim

I guess no one cares for Xenoblade then? :(

giphy.gif

They're the only underwear I'll ever wear. Briefs look terrible and boxers allow my dong to flop around when I run or jump-rope which is a no-go.

The Under Armour ones are unbeatable.

This, Under Armour are the only underwear I wear now. So comfy and supportive.

Meicyn

Gold Member

Kevyt

I guess no one cares for Xenoblade then? :(

giphy.gif

This, Under Armour are the only underwear I wear now. So comfy and supportive.

They're great for running too.

Dark Souls would probably be my game of last gen. Though Mass Effect would be my favorite new series.

Dark Souls is amazing, yet I can't finish Dark Souls 1 yet... >.>

Trust me, you don't want my thoughts on that game >.>

I wanna hear them!

Ty4on

They're available digitally on the PSN store. I have them on my Vita and they work flawlessly.
Literally the only issue I have is when I open up a suspended game it takes a couple of seconds for the audio to kick in. Emulation is great and in the OS they act just like Vita games (with emu options for filtering and mapping the second analog and touch screen(s)) and as a bonus battery life is much better when you play PSP games. Biggest issue I think is SCEA hasn't put up as many games as SCEE.

Edit:
Eww, Skyrim with 512MB RAM...

terrisus

Ew, gross.

It was my favorite game of last generation and up there as one of my best RPGs of all time, along with Panzer Dragoon Saga and Xenogears.

The most disappointing thing for me is that it could have been great...
If only it had traditional turn-based battles
(and much fewer movies)

garyBig

Soo, I've been pretty out of loop with LettersGaf the last days so I won't even try to chime in on anything.

Just so that at least some people remotely remember who I am once I might return with a juicy story to tell, a quick update:

Still chatting monogamously with the same boy as always. We upgraded to WhatsApp on the 30th (his idea) and now we're chatting every day, all the time. It's pretty insane a thing to do still, but totes awesome and very entertaining. He's still at his parents' place over the Christmas Holidays and once he returns to uni, we may make good on our plan to go to a gay club together (where none of us have been before) and thusly meet for real. I'm very excited.

Kevyt

Soo, I've been pretty out of loop with LettersGaf the last days so I won't even try to chime in on anything.

Just so that at least some people remotely remember who I am once I might return with a juicy story to tell, a quick update:

Still chatting monogamously with the same boy as always. We upgraded to WhatsApp on the 30th (his idea) and now we're chatting every day, all the time. It's pretty insane a thing to do still, but totes awesome and very entertaining. He's still at his parents' place over the Christmas Holidays and once he returns to uni, we may make good on our plan to go to a gay club together (where none of us have been before) and thusly meet for real. I'm very excited.

Sounds like a fun plan, best of luck!!

They're great for running too.

And they show off everything nicely. ;)

My Xenoblade love knows no boundaries. Listening to the soundtrack as we speak!

The soundtrack amazing too. <3

The most disappointing thing for me is that it could have been great...
If only it had traditional turn-based battles
(and much fewer movies)

I don't think it would have worked well with turn-based battles. I loved the open and unrestricted feeling of the game, it really is the next step in the way I want JRPGs to go. And it seems like others are influenced too, ahem, Square-Enix.

Also, it's Tetsuya Takahashi game. It was actually light on the cut-scenes compared to some of his other heavy-handed games.

Kater

Banned
That's my man.

I agree.

Well, that and Fallout New Vegas.

Thanks to the modding community.

I've also never seen that movie all the way through.

I know, I know. I'm a bad man.
It's a good movie but don't rush it. If you have free time and want to just have a good comedy to a bottle of whatever alcoholic beverage you prefer then you are pretty much set for a good time.

Never played it, jumped out of PC gaming a long time ago.

PC gaming is still good...if you go to GoG

That's my man.

I agree.

Well, that and Fallout New Vegas.

Thanks to the modding community.

That's one of my biggest beefs with modern games. Releases with waaaaaaaaaaay too many bugs. You shouldn't have to rely on modding to fix things that the devs should have fixed before launch. Forget it if you even play on console (like me :.( ).

Kater

Banned
My reaction after the first fifteen minutes of Fallout:

tumblr_n617geFnxG1rfduvxo1_400.gif
Fallout New Vegas is great. Just wait until you meet the godly gay doctor, Arcade Gannon.

That's one of my biggest beefs with modern games. Releases with waaaaaaaaaaay too many bugs. You shouldn't have to rely on modding to fix things that the devs should have fixed before launch. Forget it if you even play on console (like me :.( ).
Yeah, I mean, the patch and the DLC fix some of the bugs but it's still bit of a mess, FNV less so, mostly just Skyrim. But I still always have a good time just exploring, doing some minor quests and so on.

Caladrius

I find it hard to really pick out a favorite anything for the most part (barring the standout example I never shut up about). Quality is one of those extremely vague things that I have a hard time really quantifying and I think it's pointless bothering to do so, especially if we go to a scope more broad than a single genre. And generally the moment anyone says outright that something is plain good or bad or best or worst, you've already lost me.

Sibylus

Banned
"What is this strange image that didn't load?"
*reads URL*

Why did I not remember that :p

On a different note it's cool to finally see what you look like!
Cool to finally be seen! This transition thing seems to be working out :)

Never played it, jumped out of PC gaming a long time ago.
One of the deepest (and most intimidating) multiplayer games I've ever played. Lot of rewards though.

Fallout New Vegas is great. Just wait until you meet the godly gay doctor, Arcade Gannon.

Yeah, I mean, the patch and the DLC fix some of the bugs but it's still bit of a mess, FNV less so, mostly just Skyrim. But I still always have a good time just exploring, doing some minor quests and so on.

I don't mean just Skyrim. Dragon Age, and a host of others. If I was a dev I would be ashamed to have my name attached to such buggy products. It used to be if a game that buggy came out it would fail financially.

VegiHam

Realtalk, it's in my top 5 DS games. But I'm not sure it'd make my all time top 20. If I'd been old enough to play it when it was new, maybe.
Yup most terrifying thing I've done in my life. Would not repeat (unless of course, I knew they liked me back).
Okay, I'll put this one on the 'don't need to bother getting round to' experience list. I'm glad it worked out okay for you, I wouldn't've been so lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom