• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dany

Banned
First exam grades posted online and Im all

image.gif

OOH top of page edit:
tumblr_nig89c013C1qajhjjo1_500.jpg

DOWN

Banned
Anyone living in Texas? How is it living there? I think I'll have to move there by summer... I love the DMV area, there's just so many things, DC and just about any city in Maryland is super LGBT friendly. You can walk around in hands with your significant other and no one even notices... it's awesome. Not sure how Texas compares. Especially the big cities (Austin, Dallas, Houston). All I know is that Texas is a red state and that is somewhat intimidating tbh... I:

Houston and Austin are socially liberal. Austin is especially considered one of the most socially progressive areas in the US.

Kevyt

First exam grades posted online and Im all

image.gif

OOH top of page edit:
tumblr_nig89c013C1qajhjjo1_500.jpg

Do you guys see the legs? The legs? THE LEGS!!! That's what I want from every guy... more leg day!! Guys don't forget about it plz...

Houston and Austin are socially liberal. Austin is especially considered one of the most socially progressive areas in the US.

Never been in Texas, but I have been in the Mid and Southwest. Honestly no other place compares to where I currently live. I feel like DC/Maryland is a paradise... but maybe it's because I'm too used to living in one place.

DOWN

Banned
Never been in Texas, but I have been in the Mid and Southwest. Honestly no other place compares to where I currently live. I feel like DC/Maryland is a paradise... but maybe it's because I'm too used to living in one place.
I've got a friend in Texas I've visited a few times. The big cities in Texas are mostly socially liberal, Dallas too. I have been to DC a couple of times and would love to go again. It's an unusual city and really beautiful.

Theres only two things that come from Texas...

What would those be? I haven't heard.

EDIT: Google says
steers and queers

Kevyt

I've got a friend in Texas I've visited a few times. The big cities in Texas are mostly socially liberal, Dallas too. I have been to DC a couple of times and would love to go again. It's an unusual city and really beautiful.

What would those be? I haven't heard.

EDIT: Google says
steers and queers

There's no other city like DC, really. I'm not even from DC but it's one of the best cities out there. I am not being biased.

HylianTom

Banned
Life in Austin was wonderful. We lived there from 2001 to about 2011. Very socially accepting - we felt comfortable holding hands in many places. Hoooorrrrrrrible traffic. Lots of live music. Very boring weather.. too dry and sunshiney for my tastes. College boy eye candy everywhere.

My favorite music venue was Zilker Park, for Blues on the Green - a weekly musical performance put-on during the Summer.
Bring a picnic blanket, some food (Sandy's Hamburgers nearby is EXCELLENT! Grab a shake!), bring the dog if you want.. it was usually a lovely setting.

If you like outdoor activities, there are no shortage of parks for hiking, biking, camping, etc. The Greenbelt is wonderful for swimming.. beautiful landscape. We used to bring Jake swimming there.

Not sure about clubs.. I think I went to a bar one time for about 15 minutes in the time I was there. But there are a few decent sports bars, my favorite being this spot downtown:
1798364540.jpg

great Louisiana food!

Hill Country to the west was great fun. If you like motorcycling, some of the views out there are beautiful. And there's the town of Fredericksburg nearby if you like antiques.

Austin was very, very good to us. If you have to live anywhere in Texas, you'd be hard-pressed to do worse.

Kevyt

vaguely surly or taciturn looking dudes > *
1E4fOJE.jpg

I love his V-line.

Life in Austin was wonderful. We lived there from 2001 to about 2011. Very socially accepting - we felt comfortable holding hands in many places. Hoooorrrrrrrible traffic. Lots of live music. Very boring weather.. too dry and sunshiney for my tastes. College boy eye candy everywhere.

My favorite music venue was Zilker Park, for Blues on the Green - a weekly musical performance put-on during the Summer.

Bring a picnic blanket, some food (Sandy's Hamburgers nearby is EXCELLENT! Grab a shake!), bring the dog if you want.. it was usually a lovely setting.

If you like outdoor activities, there are no shortage of parks for hiking, biking, camping, etc. The Greenbelt is wonderful for swimming.. beautiful landscape. We used to bring Jake swimming there.

Not sure about clubs.. I think I went to a bar one time for about 15 minutes in the time I was there. But there are a few decent sports bars, my favorite being this spot downtown:

Hill Country to the west was great fun. If you like motorcycling, some of the views out there are beautiful. And there's the town of Fredericksburg nearby if you like antiques.

Austin was very, very good to us. If you have to live anywhere in Texas, you'd be hard-pressed to do worse.

That's comforting! Sorry, I get paranoid with the idea of having to move. I've lived here for most of my life and living somewhere else seems a bit scary. I'm not a fan of cold and hot weathers, but I can get used to it. Well with this reaffirming info, I think I know what decision I have to make.

Ty4on

I know a lot of people hear have seen Panti Bliss's speech earlier last year in The Abbey Theatre commenting on homophobia and oppression, but I'm not sure if this one that was given as a TedX talk in Dublin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIhsv18lrqY.

Admittedly a lot of the same topics are covered, but it seems particularly relevant given a comment Ivysaur made in the thread regarding Modern Family, and what a few others are commenting on with disliking to see 'intimacy' between LGBT individuals so thought I might as well post it given the discussion that's on going if anybody has any interest.
Thanks for the video. I think I'd be awesome to have a quote from that as the next thread title.
Or that picture posted recently in the Pakistan thread about a middle east country (can't remember which one :/) which showed how women were actually less oppressed than now some decades ago.
Afghanistan probably. A lot of middle eastern countries have sadly gotten more conservative in the later years. I'm not sure what all the reasons are, but one example is Saudi Arabia where the leaders are Wahhabi which is a very conservative movement yet are able to be in control thanks partly to the oil wealth. Saudi Arabia is quite divided because of the size and huge deserts between populated areas.

Someone more knowledgeable might know more. I know Naked Snake said some time ago that he didn't like the way public perception had changed in Jordan (gay sex is legal there).

Thank you! <3
<3!
I'm not even 100% sure why I made it now. I'm so over focusing on negative aspects and being torn down all the time. Why do we always have to defend ourselves? Why is everything used as an excuse for someone to tell me to repress myself? The initial glut of responses didn't help much, and just made me feel all wound up. Bleh.

Maybe I am over sensitive about some stuff, but it's not like I enjoy feeling this way. (And usually I don't get so down about stuff like this, but today it got to me.)
No I completely understand your emotional response and frustration to this, mister :(. Some of those responses are really upsetting me as well. And even worse, it's super hard for me to tell when some people are serious or joking x_X

I still remember the thread a friend of mine made about this economics professor up at my university that is openly homophobic and said openly that gays are going to hell etc etc. and the amount of people that came into that thread and sort of played devil's advocate really broke my heart x_X

Pics like this sexy man make me feel less insecure about having big thighs myself. Thank you :')

Anyone living in Texas? How is it living there? I think I'll have to move there by summer... I love the DMV area, there's just so many things, DC and just about any city in Maryland is super LGBT friendly. You can walk around in hands with your significant other and no one even notices... it's awesome. Not sure how Texas compares. Especially the big cities (Austin, Dallas, Houston). All I know is that Texas is a red state and that is somewhat intimidating tbh... I:

I live in Austin and it's pretty progressive, so are most subsets of Dallas, though I can't speak for Houston. Austin is a liberal city not just by Texas standards but nationwide. I definitely wouldn't live anywhere else in the state.

Delio

I live in Austin and it's pretty progressive, so are most subsets of Dallas, though I can't speak for Houston. Austin is a liberal city not just by Texas standards but nationwide. I definitely wouldn't live anywhere else in the state.

I'll have to agree here. Fort Worth is okay for it being so close to Dallas but other than those cities nothing else.

Kevyt

<3!

No I completely understand your emotional response and frustration to this, mister :(. Some of those responses are really upsetting me as well. And even worse, it's super hard for me to tell when some people are serious or joking x_X

I still remember the thread a friend of mine made about this economics professor up at my university that is openly homophobic and said openly that gays are going to hell etc etc. and the amount of people that came into that thread and sort of played devil's advocate really broke my heart x_X

Pics like this sexy man make me feel less insecure about having big thighs myself. Thank you :')

Thighs?? I love them... and you're a soccer player. Hmmm... Badger thighs (sorry). They're good, they give you more strength. Nothing to be ashamed of. :)

isnt it like the most dangerous city in the us or something

No, u crazy. I walked in DC at midnight by myself and nothing has ever happened.

That's really good to know. You haven't been to Houston?

DC is a lot of fun. Theres always something going on. But i couldnt get over how congested it was. Forget about driving anywhere. i never felt safe walking from a metro stop at night. I was walking to Nellies sports bar and a cop pulls up alongside me and asks if im okay and reminds me to hurry since it was a bad neighborhood. I only parked a couple blocks away too.

Im used to a different kind of city, but if I lived inside the beltway i think i would have enjoyed it more. But its so damn expensive.

Kaiser_Glider

Neo Member
Wow this thread really does move quite fast. No wonder I used to mostly lurk. :p

You're a soccer player, sexy thighs are a must! Good thing you have them! :D
Oh hello BlueBadger! Read your PMs! <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom