• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kater

Banned
just grab at his penis. he'll get the message

aJpOrJG.gif

I'm unsure if people on grindr remember who they message. I for one recognize if they message me before because this guy just messaged me again. Last time was about a year or so ago lol

Get more messages when you sure more body lol

Hey guys.. completely unrelated to what's going on right now but I need this short vent since it's been in my mind for the past week:

My relationship with anyone in my family who isn't my sister has gone down the drain. Whenever I'm home I just stay in my room rather than going to the living room, it just feels so awkward and I can never find anything to talk about with my Mom or Dad. Every time my Mom sees me she low-key insults me and my dad does the same only he says he's just joking but he's clearly not. My older brother does the same but I ignore him... I guess the worst part is that I don't really feel like trying to fix anything. Does that make me a bad person? It's just what's been on my mind this past week, I feel like an asshole because I don't make any effort to try and fix things with my family to make it the way it was before. I just need an honest opinion, I guess. Thanks for reading if you did and sorry for getting all emo :v

Sai-kun

Banned
it doesn't make you a bad person for not wanting to fix things. as long as you're safe and have a place to stay, don't feel obligated to try and 'right' things. fuck em

it doesn't make you a bad person for not wanting to fix things. as long as you're safe and have a place to stay, don't feel obligated to try and 'right' things. fuck em
I mean I guess I feel like I'm using them but I haven't really asked for anything not school related in a long time. But then I have this stupid line of thinking that makes me feel better: I was their fourth child, I was planned and I'd like to think they knew what they were getting into when they decided to have another kid.
I dunno I just feel guilty but there's no incentive to fix anything. Thanks for responding Sai <3

Has anyone here ever taken an extreme decision about your life?

A drug induced psychotic break at 20 lead me to completely accept death (I thought I was dying) and reevaluate my entire life philosophy to consider a religious vocation (ordaining as a Buddhist monk). Prior to that I was an atheist in the midst of perpetual soul searching with no forward momentum and a kind of consumerist attitude in regards to endlessly seeking 'profound experience' with no real aim in mind.

I recently had a health scare where I thought I was having a heart attack (I wasn't, and I'm fine), but my previous experience had strangely prepared me to consider the possibility that I may die. Since I was already familiar with what that might mean, I felt so strangely composed about everything. I spent a lot of the time thinking about how beautiful life was and wishing for everyone to have good health. What would have normally been a crisis or left me desperate actually humanized me.

HylianTom

Banned
The move from Austin back home to New Orleans (after being away for 15 years) had to be my biggest decision so far.

Huge pay cut. Selling big house, moving into small apartment. Tons more family interaction, for better & worse. Got rid of car, went to motorcycle/walking/streetcar transportation.

It's been a promising change. But it's also had some moments that have been very rough. Losing our dog after the move was incredibly painful. After we get ourselves a house, I'll never move again.

RM8

Next year I'm quitting my comfy government job (which many people never do, it's kind of scary encountering people who have been sitting here for 20+ years just because it's safe and comfortable) and I'm spending at least 6 months in Japan. If I score a job, I might stay for longer. I already mentioned this to my relatives and they didn't suggest I should stay at their place, lol... I understand since it's freaking tiny and I'd be there at least half a year, but it'd make things so much easier for me!

It's scary because I'm 26 already. I have a degree in marketing research which I've never put to use (I mostly do finances at work) and now I'm looking forward to move to languages in a country where people mostly don't speak any of my two best languages. Yet I still feel young, and if I don't do this right now I might not be able in the future. Or maybe I will! That's the awesome thing about not having to support a family :p But I'm still aiming to make it happen sometime next year.

Mr. F

Banned
Next year I'm quitting my comfy government job (which many people never do, it's kind of scary encountering people who have been sitting here for 20+ years just because it's safe and comfortable) and I'm spending at least 6 months in Japan. If I score a job, I might stay for longer. I already mentioned this to my relatives and they didn't suggest I should stay at their place, lol... I understand since it's freaking tiny and I'd be there at least half a year, but it'd make things so much easier for me!

It's scary because I'm 26 already. I have a degree in marketing research which I've never put to use (I mostly do finances at work) and now I'm looking forward to move to languages in a country where people mostly don't speak any of my two best languages. Yet I still feel young, and if I don't do this right now I might not be able in the future. Or maybe I will! That's the awesome thing about not having to support a family :p But I'm still aiming to make it happen sometime next year.

Man, that's awesome. I remember from previous threads you mentioning hoping to do that at some point. Great to hear it's really happening, sounds like a really exciting plunge to take!

RM8

Man, that's awesome. I remember from previous threads you mentioning hoping to do that at some point. Great to hear it's really happening, sounds like a really exciting plunge to take!
Yup, it seems like it's happening indeed! :3 It's both really exciting and intimidating, let's see how things turn out.

Bailey 87

Still adjusting to London life. Such a large difference between here and Dawlish.

Did you have to enrol today? I just came back from South Bank university. Finding out I start on the 23rd was a nice surprise (I thought I started tomorrow)

I see our university has a gaming society and a LGBT society, will you be joining them?

Vazduh

Thank lawd, finally some good news, work-wise. Nothing's 100 % sure, but still, compared to last few months, the future's actually looking good. And I finally have my motivation for writing the
fucking
thesis that's been my burden for the last year or so.

And the hair cutting "accident" from last week turned out okay, actually. The thing is, I wanted my hair short, but I shaved off too much so in the end I had to shave the entire head. My parents nearly got a heart attack when they saw me completely bald, lmao.

Now that some of the hair has grown back, I think I'm ready for some Max Payne 3 cosplay, lol

daripad

I joined neogaf.

lol

What would have normally been a crisis or left me desperate actually humanized me.

That sounds good. I guess you became more rational ever since, going by your posts.

It's been a promising change.

You should move again regardless, you may find new things in other places :p

Next year I'm quitting my comfy government job (which many people never do, it's kind of scary encountering people who have been sitting here for 20+ years just because it's safe and comfortable) and I'm spending at least 6 months in Japan. If I score a job, I might stay for longer.

Great goal. I hope it works well for you. Working for the government is boring.

I'm thinking of doing something myself, but I'd have to plan it well if I want it to work.

Son Of D

I'm on the precipice of moving to London myself! How are you finding it?

Getting used to the area and meeting the flatmates. I'm in a convenient spot in that I'm near the Elephant and Castle shopping centre, near the tube station and about 15 minutes from the uni.

Did you have to enrol today? I just came back from South Bank university. Finding out I start on the 23rd was a nice surprise (I thought I started tomorrow)

I see our university has a gaming society and a LGBT society, will you be joining them?

Yeah I enrolled today as well. Have my orientation next week on Tuesday. I imagine I'll be starting on the 23rd myself as well. Not 100% certain yet.

As for the societies, most likely. Especially the LGBT one.

Shy Fingers

Banned

Moved 9 hours from my hometown for school, cut my mother out of my life, and sought counseling for anxiety/depression right out of high school.

There were quite a few rough bumps, but 6 years later I have a degree, a job, and moderately healthy mental state. Best decision I will probably ever make.

Goldrush

We got tickets for If/Then. I need to see Idina Menzel on a Broadway stage before I die (even if it's a seemingly crappy musical).

BTW, to the confused kid in the gay support group, I'm going to America to watch Broadway musicals and an NFL game. Gay men have a wide range of interests so like whatever the fuck you like (unless it involves hurting people or puppies, don't do those sorts of shit).

Paid more than I should have to get second row seat to see her during the test run here in DC. Since it was before Frozen, no one understood why I must see it. The plot is so-so, but juggling the storylines leads to some great scenes. (Not a plot spoiler, but it might be fun to figure things out yourself.)
Pay attention to color. Noticed that most of my group didn't notice the color changes and have a really hard time separating the two.

Grizzo

And the hair cutting "accident" from last week turned out okay, actually. The thing is, I wanted my hair short, but I shaved off too much so in the end I had to shave the entire head. My parents nearly got a heart attack when they saw me completely bald, lmao.

That's a good look on you! Suits you well! Good luck with your thesis by the way.

Bailey 87

Yeah I enrolled today as well. Have my orientation next week on Tuesday. I imagine I'll be starting on the 23rd myself as well. Not 100% certain yet.

As for the societies, most likely. Especially the LGBT one.

Well I'm joining both so I shall see you there

tumblr_mwuu53mvzd1sn0mkdo1_400.gif

Vazduh

That's a good look on you! Suits you well! Good luck with your thesis by the way.

El_Gato and Grizzo, thank you :) Grizzo, I hope I get it done by the end of the month. It's going to be a loooooong September, but I can't wait to finally get rid of it,
especially since the topic isn't what I wanted (I actually wanted something related to literary translation, but in the end I got a pedagogical thesis. And I'm not even studying pedagogy ;_; )

HylianTom

Banned
You should move again regardless, you may find new things in other places :p

Oh no.. I've moved around enough to know that I'm done. I've done extreme rural, techy urban, drive-everywhere suburbia, and now I'm notably happier here more than anywhere else I've ever been. That, and now we're perfectly located between my family (about 45 minutes north) and his family (an hour east).

But once this house is done, we're going to do some travelling, no doubt. I want to see Europe! :D

BTW, to the confused kid in the gay support group, I'm going to America to watch Broadway musicals and an NFL game. Gay men have a wide range of interests so like whatever the fuck you like (unless it involves hurting people or puppies, don't do those sorts of shit).

Yup! Sounds like me! When we moved back closer my my folks, Mom got sooooo excited.. in her words: "Now I have someone to take me to shows and football games!"

red13th

Paid more than I should have to get second row seat to see her during the test run here in DC. Since it was before Frozen, no one understood why I must see it. The plot is so-so, but juggling the storylines leads to some great scenes. (Not a plot spoiler, but it might be fun to figure things out yourself.)
Pay attention to color. Noticed that most of my group didn't notice the color changes and have a really hard time separating the two.

Did you enjoy the music? I listened to a couple songs (not too many to avoid spoilers) and they seemed... unexceptional, okayish, maybe I was expecting too much but I was kind of disappointed. I will definitely pay attention to the detaily you mentioned! :)

Yup! Sounds like me! When we moved back closer my my folks, Mom got sooooo excited.. in her words: "Now I have someone to take me to shows and football games!"

I know right? Most of my gay friends (not that I have many) like sports too. My boyfriend hates sports, but he's going to his 2nd Broncos game with me in less than a year. That's love. :p

HylianTom

Banned
I know right? Most of my gay friends (not that I have many) like sports too. My boyfriend hates sports, but he's going to his 2nd Broncos game with me in less than a year. That's love. :p

Going to a game can be exhausting/stressful, so that's definitely love, lol..

We usually go to most of the Saints games every year, which is well over my partner's limit. (Or so he says. As soon as we're on the streetcar to the Dome, he gets this goofy grin on his face..)

On my own accord when I moved 3000 miles away from my parents when I turned 18.

Another time was when I was younger and my parents decided to move from Europe to the US. While it wasnt my decision it definitely affected me.

When I used to see a therapist he told me before making huge life changing decisions you need to ask yourself if you're trying to escape your problems rather than confront them. I was certainly running when I moved.

Alrus

My last exam went horribly wrong, I'm probably failing this year, or it's going to be extremely close but I'm not going to delude myself too much. I feel like shit and spent the afternoon crying.

Grizzo

El_Gato and Grizzo, thank you :) Grizzo, I hope I get it done by the end of the month. It's going to be a loooooong September, but I can't wait to finally get rid of it,
especially since the topic isn't what I wanted (I actually wanted something related to literary translation, but in the end I got a pedagogical thesis. And I'm not even studying pedagogy ;_; )

You can make it! Come October, you'll feel much better. Keep your eyes on that prize.

My last exam went horribly wrong, I'm probably failing this year, or it's going to be extremely close but I'm not going to delude myself too much. I feel like shit and spent the afternoon crying.

Hope everything will be alright for you. Take some time off for you if you, just to have a clear mind and take it off off these things for a while. Hugs, Alrus!

:(
Keep your head up, if you need to take a break just take it. You can do this.

Alrus

Thanks for the support guy :) I usually handle failure relatively well but having all your hopes destroyed in the span on 20 minutes while looking like an idiot in front of three teachers is really depressing.

It's going to be fine in a few hours, in the meantime I'll just pig out on icecream and watch some TV I guess :p

I'll know if I passed or not on friday, until then there's really nothing I can do about it so I'll try to think about something else :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom