• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already said you were wrong. But yeah, some people don't age well, but outside massive weight changes I think almost every guy looks better at 30 than at 20.

I know you did, I included it in the quotation, I don't see what your point is but it's a cute assertion :p

Ahasverus

2. Men are at their hottest from their early 30's to their early 40's.*
Not for me :S

But yeah guys you are right, of course that's not the creepy age. In my opinion, gay death does exist, but not at 30 for god's sake, heh, 38+ or so would be a more appropiate age.

Dead Man

I know you did, I included it in the quotation, I don't see what your point is but it's a cute assertion :p

My point is only that gay death has gone from a silly joke to a stupid meme and I want to to die a fiery death for all eternity! Nah, I just think it's a stupid thing, that's all.

Not for me :S

But yeah guys you are right, of course that's not the creepy age. In my opinion, gay death does exist, but not at 30 for god's sake, heh, 38+ or so would be a more appropiate age.

Guess who is 38 tomorrow.

I should just change my username to Dead Gay. ;)

My point is only that gay death has gone from a silly joke to a stupid meme and I want to to die a fiery death for all eternity! Nah, I just think it's a stupid thing, that's all.

I think it's still kind of funny to refer to in a super hyperbolic way, but my sense of humor can be pretty lame.

All this talk about "gay death" is pretty silly in my book. Men definitely get hotter as they get older. Some of the hottest men alive are 40+.

Anyone who's not open to older men is just denying themselves a plethora of desirable hunks. Their loss I guess.

65-67 is the real sweet spot

Gravity!

Off topic:

I just started watching New Girl on Netflix and its so funny. Zoey Daschenel is adorable. Best quote from the show so far:

Winston: "Why do you want to see Nick's penis?"

Schmidt: "What if he gets into an accident? What if he’s horribly disfigured, and I have to identify him, and all that remains are his private parts? I’m standing there, I’m saying, “Sorry, Officer, I can’t help you, because no, I haven’t seen his penis.” And then boom, he’s buried in an unmarked grave."

daripad

I think my tastes will always be around my age, if anything I wouldn't mind dating older guys (though not that old, just 10 years older max).

Alrus

First exam went well, not perfect but I did enough to have a decent grade I guess. The next one in tomorrow and I feel like I don't remember anything about what I'm going to be interrogated on, and I'm super tired, makes studying hard.

I'm 26 and find older men exponentially more attractive than people around my own age. It's weird seeing how much my tastes have changed within, like, three years.

DAT EVOLUTION.

Kater

Banned
Probably not true. I think it comes from a 1700s use of the word to mean 'glaringly conspicuous'; so much as a fire is obvious a 'flaming homosexual' is somebody who is easily identifiable as gay.

I don't have a source for that though, so maybe the burning thing is right. Seems shaky though.

Well, there are LOTS of terms and slurs that seem to come from the Inquisitorial (?) times, but I don't think there's an actual historical basis for that. The same happened with "faggot" , and I think that was deconfirmed
like Ridley in SSB
or just couldn't be proven.

Now that my head is back on its place, I (re)started my Japanese course. I don't know if I'll become overly fluent but I kind of don't want to feel lost when I go to Japan. Soon. I believe.
Thanks for the replies. And sorry for not replying earlier! (⌒_⌒;)

I found this site here called wordorigins.org and they say that "faggot" was just a bundle of twigs for fire. Later on in history it was also used for "screwish" (nagging, scolding) women. Sometimes later it happened that people started to use it for homosexual men.

Oh, and I hope the Japanese course will be successful, NW!

VegiHam

Thanks for the replies. And sorry for not replying earlier! (⌒_⌒;)

I found this site here called wordorigins.org and they say that "faggot" was just a bundle of twigs for fire. Later on in history it was also used for "screwish" (nagging, scolding) women. Sometimes later it happened that people started to use it for homosexual men.

Oh, and I hope the Japanese course will be successful, NW!
Faggot we can trace easier. I think the idea is it as used for bundles of firewood that were collected and carried; so the term became used for old women because they were a burden basically. Alternatively it may have been a contraction of faggot-gatherer as women frequently lived off selling these bundles of wood. Either way the term got transferred to gay dudes just like Nancy or Queen; taking a feminine word and applying it to homosexuals to emasculate them.

Except things are never quite that simple so there's also the possibility of yiddish influence. And that's without even looking at the effect of the parallel etymological development of the word fag in British English.

Shy Fingers

Banned
I can't STAND to be around younger people less than 25

I'm 24 and my bar is currently 21. I'm sure it will keep on getting higher the older I get.

Thanks to that timehop app, I'm able to see how annoying I was 5 years ago. Current me definitely wouldn't have hung out with past me.

I can't STAND to be around younger people less than 25

I don't think age has as much to do with it as you'd think tbh. I'm 25 myself and I've met a lot of guys younger than me who are just as mature and can carry good conversations. I find it difficult sometimes to find guys that can be on my wavelength but age doesn't seem to be a signifier anymore. It's more about what's in your brain than how old it is.

Dash_

Feeling pretty rough. My brother broke up with his girlfriend for the umpteenth time, though I think it's final this time. He told me some of the things she said to him when they went to a small festival in wales when he was at a really vulnerable point with his crohn's disease. Off the neutral fence at last.

Kater

Banned
Faggot we can trace easier. I think the idea is it as used for bundles of firewood that were collected and carried; so the term became used for old women because they were a burden basically. Alternatively it may have been a contraction of faggot-gatherer as women frequently lived off selling these bundles of wood. Either way the term got transferred to gay dudes just like Nancy or Queen; taking a feminine word and applying it to homosexuals to emasculate them.

Except things are never quite that simple so there's also the possibility of yiddish influence. And that's without even looking at the effect of the parallel etymological development of the word fag in British English.
I should really read more books about this.

Still reading "Gay New York" by George Chauncey but I'm halfway through. Maybe I'll tackle older history, especially European History regarding Homosexuality in Society next. Maybe I can find out more about the origins of these words better that are now used as slurs.

I got queer hipster.
tumblr_kwg55oDhgG1qa0x1vo1_1280.jpg
Google Image Search for "queer hipster" gave me this as one of the first results. Hot! :3

I miss you guys, uni is so tiring lol.
Miss you too. :)

Neil Patrick Harris got married in a location 20 minutes from my home in Perugia (IT)

WTF

HOW
image.php

I thought he was already married?

Thanks for the congratulations guys. Had a nice day :)

Now it's back to being mad at my uni expecting students to read 200+ pages of philosophical texts each week without a. not falling asleep after 20 pages, b. expect students to remember the things they read. And it's all in double-printed pages and small letters, ofcourse. I get the general gist of the texts, but it's just too much ;_ ;

Kater

Banned
Both of them look awesome.
Yep. :)

Thanks for the congratulations guys. Had a nice day :)

Now it's back to being mad at my uni expecting students to read 200+ pages of philosophical texts each week without a. not falling asleep after 20 pages, b. expect students to remember the things they read. And it's all in double-printed pages and small letters, ofcourse. I get the general gist of the texts, but it's just too much ;_ ;

Good to hear. :D

Wait, are you a prof at a university already? I didn't know that someone so young was already teaching at university!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom