• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazduh

When I used to see a therapist he told me before making huge life changing decisions you need to ask yourself if you're trying to escape your problems rather than confront them. I was certainly running when I moved.

This is very true and it reminded me of a friend I used to be very close with. I'll never know for certain, but looking back at everything, I strongly believe he wanted to run away from everything when he decided to move away to a faraway town. Funny thing is, he continued the same bad habits there, and I didn't see a single trace of happiness on his face the last time I saw him. He was just as lost as he used to be.

It's always better to confront your problems because they can bite you in the ass when you least expect it.

My last exam went horribly wrong, I'm probably failing this year, or it's going to be extremely close but I'm not going to delude myself too much. I feel like shit and spent the afternoon crying.

Oh, man, that sucks. But still, you don't know 100 % that you failed, so try not to despair until then because there's a chance you might have passed. The ice cream will definitely help a bit right now :) Fingers crossed it all goes well!

You can make it! Come October, you'll feel much better. Keep your eyes on that prize.

That's very sweet of you, thanks! I'm going to give it my best.

ThxWys7.gif

That sounds good. I guess you became more rational ever since, going by your posts.

Thanks. I'm not sure if I became more rational (well, probably that too), but I feel more psychologically healthy. It's weird, I remember reading that someone claimed that psychotic breaks can actually be a beneficial phenomenon, or a mechanism for the mind to integrate psychological material that you're ordinarily repressing or whatever. Assuming it's just a single, easily punctuated experience like mine and you don't have trouble picking up the pieces afterwards, I actually felt more sane afterwards because I had more insight into how my mind worked.

Gays, I'm so lonely :(

I had 7 years of partnership and it's been about 7 weeks since I left it behind and I'm having actual physical pangs.

I just want to snuggle up to somebody and go to sleep.

Dash_

Gays, I'm so lonely :(

I had 7 years of partnership and it's been about 7 weeks since I left it behind and I'm having actual physical pangs.

I just want to snuggle up to somebody and go to sleep.

I know it's not the same thing, but any chance you can surround yourself with friends?

alvmew

Ugh, I hate men, you guys.

So on a combination of being slightly tipsy and very sleepy, I decided to take a shirtless selfie
and by no stretch of the imagination am I even slightly muscular or anything
and made it my main profile pic on OKCupid and Tinder
and Grindr, et al.
- not even a whole day has passed and I've gotten dozens (yes plural, I lost count at 50 across A4A and OKC alone) of profile views and a decent number of messages and matches on all of these despite usually not getting much.
Why is the thirst so real? Why can't people just like me for my personality ;_;

Can you remember that far back?

haha

So on a combination of being slightly tipsy and very sleepy, I decided to take a shirtless selfie
and Grindr, et al.
- not even a whole day has passed and I've gotten dozens (yes plural, I lost count at 50 across A4A and OKC alone) of profile views and a decent number of messages and matches on all of these despite usually not getting much.

You don't find personality on a dating profile page, though. Even the ones with 'personality' are weird facsimiles of personality.

The guy I am dating is out of town and I feel thirsty tonight. I feel bad...

Quench the thirst by masturbating.

and Grindr, et al.

Congrats. If I had a nice body I'd do the same. It seems to be the best way to get attention these days.

No
(Don't lynch me, GAF.)

I can't really make out what is happening on the picture... is Snake holding on to the Statue's penis?
Nobody should be lynched for not having played the worst numbered titled game in the series.

And yes, yes he is as a 'disguise'. EDIT: I'm pretty sure you can break it off too if you grab it a few times.

I know it's not the same thing, but any chance you can surround yourself with friends?

I'm busy (mostly) with my family and I see friends occasionally. Things will be different when I'm all moved to London and I'm working and taking care of myself again, but still...

nothing replaces that intimacy with another person.

Kater

Banned
Nobody should be lynched for not having played the worst numbered titled game in the series.

And yes, yes he is as a 'disguise'. EDIT: I'm pretty sure you can break it off too if you grab it a few times.
As for the bolded:
tumblr_m3gnarqFwM1qd3muo.gif

Many people on GAF like the 4th title though. It's like some weird cult. :D

and he'll always be rock hard

I like the way you think...

I'm busy (mostly) with my family and I see friends occasionally. Things will be different when I'm all moved to London and I'm working and taking care of myself again, but still...

nothing replaces that intimacy with another person.

I sort of know how you feel? The guy I am dating is out of town for the rest of the week so I feel I need to use my big pillow as a place holder >.>

Alrus

So I'm feeling much better than yesterday, I recalculated my total average and there might be a better chance of passing despite failing that last exam than I thought, we'll see :)

Anyway I'm turning 25 today, but I can't party because I have one last lab to do tomorrow morning, fun ^_^

Kater

Banned
Happy Birthday, Alrus!

tumblr_n84gl16HU91ri3gyco3_500.gif

I hope you can do at least something tomorrow or on the weekend. (Going out or having some cake with friends and/or family.)

Grizzo

Anyway I'm turning 25 today, but I can't party because I have one last lab to do tomorrow morning, fun ^_^

Happy birthday, my fellow European neighbor!

Good luck for your test, and don't worry, you'll have plenty more occasions to party after that.

scarlet

So I'm feeling much better than yesterday, I recalculated my total average and there might be a better chance of passing despite failing that last exam than I thought, we'll see :)

Happy birthday!

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a fun day :D

Happy Birthday, Alrus!
Hope you have fun! :)

Alrus

Thanks guy, I have plans for the last two days of week and the week end indeed :) (There's a beer festival so I'll check that out :p)

Also I love Lilo and Stitch :D

Happy Birthday Alrus!!!!!! :)

So after finding out from this thread Tinder was a thing for gay people as well (I thought it was like grindr for straight people) I downloaded the app last night. And was pleasantly surprised, I could be browsing guys for hours (unlike OKCupid which usually runs out of guys after a couple of minutes). I must have liked about 20 profiles and I woke up to 6 matches. I didn't expect that at all. I was like: WHAT DO I DO WITH ALL THESE GUYS NOW???? lol

I wrote to 3 of them, the ones I liked the most. This seems much nicer than all the other dating apps but we'll see. I just want to have someone to go out for a walk, dinner or a movie, sometimes I just need a little company.

Vazduh

Happy birthday, Alrus! Glad to hear it's not all that bad and that you have a chance of passing.

VICTORsaurio, it seems that you have a good attitude about Tinder. You never know, one of those guys might become a good friend, or something more. Good luck!

I got kicked out of my apartment and now have to move in with my bf of one year. I feel like it might be too soon, but I have no other choice and consider it a testing-phase. If it doesn't work out, I could just move out again

Happy Birthday and I really hope you pass!

daripad

But once this house is done, we're going to do some travelling, no doubt. I want to see Europe! :D

Well, it's nice to establish and this idea sounds great, I hope you visit many places :)

When I used to see a therapist he told me before making huge life changing decisions you need to ask yourself if you're trying to escape your problems rather than confront them. I was certainly running when I moved.

Pff sounds like I have to answer this in my situation. Thanks for your input :)

I actually felt more sane afterwards because I had more insight into how my mind worked.

Good thing that you got there, you seem to be a nice and thoughtful person.

Anyway I'm turning 25 today

Happy birthday!! I hope you get good results on your exam too.

Hahaha.

Naturally. This was about ... twelve years ago.

lol well, I'm glad that you are here, you are a very intelligent and well spoken person.

Guys, I had a genetics exam (it was very easy) but I think I failed it because I'm stupid ;__;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom