• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.
New xv trailer. Less meth face. Stella got a redesign? Guy with glasses look the same still

I actually really like the new Stella now:

i7cuWnqYa1EdX.gif

I wasn't sure about her at the E3 re-reveal. And yeah, I got a total Xenoblade vibe from some of the backgrounds and areas (which is a compliment for the game).

I actually really like the new Stella now:

i7cuWnqYa1EdX.gif

I wasn't sure about her at the E3 re-reveal. And yeah, I got a total Xenoblade vibe from some of the backgrounds and areas (which is a compliment for the game).
She looks good. Maybe for a dinner. Need to see her in battle attire.

I love the open field. But it also screams xiv. I need me an amazing story with this.
The car trio though. I hope tjsta for cutscenws only. And not actually controllable. It just looks too weird in a ff game. But that city view. Unnngh. Open the HD doors square

She looks good. Maybe for a dinner. Need to see her in battle attire.

I love the open field. But it also screams xiv. I need me an amazing story with this.
The car trio though. I hope tjsta for cutscenws only. And not actually controllable. It just looks too weird in a ff game. But that city view. Unnngh. Open the HD doors square

Even though previous Final Fantasys have had cars in them, I also thought it looked a bit out of place/weird. I'm not against it being in the game, but just sayin', I wasn't sure what to make of it at first. From what I've heard, Nomura said you'll be able to drive the cars and use chocobos as well to travel. Not sure if that has changed since it was Versus, though.

Daaamn. lol

Vaans abs plz

Even though previous Final Fantasys have had cars in them, I also thought it looked a bit out of place/weird. I'm not against it being in the game, but just sayin', I wasn't sure what to make of it at first. From what I've been told, Nomura said you'll be able to drive the cars and use chocobos as well to travel. Not sure if that has changed since it was Versus, though.

Daaamn. lol
Car still is weird. Choxobo 4 lyfe

maxcriden

Yeah I was resting my 3DS on my lap while I was playing which seemed to help a little. It seems really fun so far, though.

Holding it more up like on your leg might alleviate the awkward angle of your back archng forward. Also, the game might allow you to change the controls some, BTW.

Grizzo

Redondo Beach, just south of LA. There are plenty of people of all shapes, sizes and colors in LA. It's about as melting pot as America gets.

Isn't that where they shot The O.C.? Love that show by the way. I always wanted to visit that place, the view from the pier looked so great!

daripad

Redondo Beach, just south of LA. There are plenty of people of all shapes, sizes and colors in LA. It's about as melting pot as America gets.

Sounds fantastic! Gay friendly and variety friendly? I'm okay with it!

I do admit the touch screen allows for fast aiming, but it also means you can't use the face buttons at all for anything. I'd love if I could use something like Y to dodge instead of flicking the analog stick.

I love dodging in the game. You should try changing the control settings, find something that suits you and you'll even get better at the game. I did it and never looked back.

Caladrius

I finally move into my house tomorrow. No internet access there until Monday though.

I like Action RPGs so I'm pretty optimistic about XV. The urban theming is going to do a lot to set it apart, which I like.

I have never played a Final Fantasy game. Come at me.

They're all very different (Except for maybe three of the first four games maybe), so having played one isn't much different than having played none.

I've been in the process of playing 10 as my first FF game. Just before the final dungeon hammering away at the optional content. I'm liking it, though the game kicks your ass towards the end. (Fucking Yunalesca...)

Why the tattoos though? Now that Toriyama is gone, lets get rid of those too.

That's probably the most insulting Nomura comparison I've ever heard.

Rayis

^^^^^ Fuck yeah, Final Fantasy Tactics, I put so many hours of my life into that game

also, FFXV's eye candy is the best, lemme see pretty boys in HD graphics.

red13th

Meth addict sounds obnoxious. Hot dude seems okay, agree that would be hotter without the tattoos.
No playable female characters sucks although I generally play 100% male party, I'd gladly swap out genki meth addict for a girl.
Or the hot daddy

Vazduh

I have never played a Final Fantasy game. Come at me.

Well, you're (sort of) not alone. The first time I got to play a Final Fantasy title was this year, and it was FFX via PCSX2 emulator. I can't say I loved-loved the game, but I don't regret playing it, although it only made me realize how much I prefer Western RPGs and their non-linear gameplay, tbh.

maxcriden

Oh, thanks for the suggestion. I'll try that!

Sure thing! The game isn't the longest and you're pretty far in already, but I'm sure you'll really dig what there still is of it. It has lots of replay value, too! :)

Sounds fantastic! Gay friendly and variety friendly? I'm okay with it!

I'd say the gay-friendliest place I've ever lived (keeping in mind I'm straight myself so this is from an outsider perspective) would be Northampton, MA. Not sure if you've heard of it but I think it's a gay mecca. They have a big pride parade too. One of the only places I've lived where I've seen two men or two women walking on the streets holding hands. I live in Vermont now and I never see that here, even though parts of it are known to be very LGBTQIA-friendly.

Isn't that where they shot The O.C.? Love that show by the way. I always wanted to visit that place, the view from the pier looked so great!

Yes! That is where they shot parts of the show. I've been right by that (seemingly pretty unappealing) restaurant I guess they went to on the show (I've never seen the show though, but I've read about this), and the pier is right there. It's an amazing pier and I loved being able to walk just 1.5 miles or so to get through from our apartment. :)

Vitanimus

Well, you're (sort of) not alone. The first time I got to play a Final Fantasy title was this year, and it was FFX via PCSX2 emulator. I can't say I loved-loved the game, but I don't regret playing it, although it only made me realize how much I prefer Western RPGs and their non-linear gameplay, tbh.

boooooo, FFX is great! You should definitely check out FFXII, it's pretty amazing and open world... sorta

boooooo, FFX is great! You should definitely check out FFXII, it's pretty amazing and open world... sorta
I like xii when you then atb on to not pause at every command I still need to finish it. My old ps2 stopped reading the disc at th3 halfway point and never gotten the chance to play more.

Vazduh

Oh, I didn't hate the game at all, I just wasn't blown away by it, and a lot of the characters were a bit annoying, save for Auron who is just <3 <3 <3

I'll give FFXII a shot, thanks for the recommendation.

Wow, this FFXV trailer looked very Xenoblade-like.

Now everyone knows which one is the superior JRPG.

Persona 5

Don't like the "Boy-band" group, though. My parties in RPGs tend to have a 10-90 male-female ratio, so playing as weird skinny boys is... Ugh.

Wow, this FFXV trailer looked very Xenoblade-like.

Now everyone knows which one is the superior JRPG.

Persona 5

Don't like the "Boy-band" group, though. My parties in RPGs tend to have a 10-90 male-female ratio, so playing as weird skinny boys is... Ugh.
Only two of them are skinny, and I'll be kicking them to the curb as soon as possible. (Though you probably can't boot Noctis... :/)

Special day at work again today! (not sure why I post that here, but I, don't want to post that stuff anWhwre else on GAF)

The German president invited a couple of other European heads of state (Belgium, Switzerland, Austria, Luxembourg, Liechtenstein) to rostock, Germany (where he grew up) for some informal meetings etc.
Its not everyday that you are in the same room as presidents, kings and princes. Pretty cool experience. Security precautions were through the roof though. Ive never had to be screened for security that often in my life.

Here is the photo I made

O5eqrBR.jpg

Kater

Banned
Special day at work again today! (not sure why I post that here, but I, don't want to post that stuff anWhwre else on GAF)

The German president invited a couple of other European heads of state (Belgium, Switzerland, Austria, Luxembourg, Liechtenstein) to rostock, Germany (where he grew up) for some informal meetings etc.
Its not everyday that you are in the same room as presidents, kings and princes. Pretty cool experience. Security precautions were through the roof though. Ive never had to be screened for security that often in my life.

Here is the photo I made

O5eqrBR.jpg
Well, of course they would check you a lot, these are all very important people in the political space. :D

Did you get to interview them this time?

Oh, and why isn't Merkel on the photo, wasn't she there as well? (I think you said so last time?)

daripad

I forgot that I played Theatrhythm (?) Final Fantasy :p It was a good rhythm game but it wasn't that good to have 2/3 of very easy songs and just 1/3 being very difficult, no middle ground.

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who likes Skinny Pretty Boys; both in videogames and the real world :(
You definitely aren't. You're in the majority I'm pretty sure, at least when it comes to video games. If you like thin pretty boys, you should be in heaven. (At least in regards to Japanese games, which I tend to overwhelmingly prefer.)

I have to fight tooth and nail just to get some beefy guys in almost any type of video game I like. Unless it's a fighting game, all the beefcakes are usually NPCs, minor characters, villains or party members that betray you and/or die. ;_;

VegiHam

You definitely aren't. You're in the majority I'm pretty sure, at least when it comes to video games. If you like thin pretty boys, you should be in heaven. (At least in regards to Japanese games, which I tend to overwhelmingly prefer.)

I have to fight tooth and nail just to get some beefy guys in almost any type of video game I like. Unless it's a fighting game, all the beefcakes are usually NPCs, minor characters, villains or party members that betray you and/or die. ;_;
Haha, yeah, I get you. It's one of these things where you guys are a minority so are more pleased when you get what you want so I rarely hear people express the mainstream views I guess :p

It's not that I don't like your type of guys too though! After finally playing Awakening I'm kinda disappointed we never got Chrom in Smash...

RM8

No Chrom sucks indeed. I'd say "maybe it'd get way too same-ish with Ike and Marth being blue haired swordmen already", but Lucina is an actual Marth clone :/ Also I'm one of the 2 or 3 human beings that liked Brawl Ike better than chunky Ike.

Haha, yeah, I get you. It's one of these things where you guys are a minority so are more pleased when you get what you want so I rarely hear people express the mainstream views I guess :p

It's not that I don't like your type of guys too though! After finally playing Awakening I'm kinda disappointed we never got Chrom in Smash...
Yeah, it's a struggle sometimes. That's why I get really fired up when we go get some beefcake.

As for Chrom, I was really disappointed too. Though I don't know if I'd classify him as a true beefcake, he's sorta borderline. He's still nice to look at though. And he's already got a nice model in Smash as part of Robin's FS, so maybe he'll be DLC down the line. (Especially now that it seems DLC is all but confirmed thanks to the data mining.)

No Chrom sucks indeed. I'd say "maybe it'd get way too same-ish with Ike and Marth being blue haired swordmen already", but Lucina is an actual Marth clone :/
The whole "too similar" excuse doesn't fly with me either. If they wanted to make Chrom more unique, they certainly could. It's totally up to the developers. (Maybe give him a weapon switching mechanic.)

And you're right about Lucina. I have nothing against her, but the only reason she's getting a pass is because she's a pretty girl. Her clone status makes sense due to Awakening's story, but I was not particularly excited by her addition. There are over a dozen Awakening characters I would of liked to see instead of her.

VegiHam

Though, I mean, if we're willing to give Chrom a pass due to being a hot guy despite bringing nothing new (I can't see what you'd do with him other than pair up and I doubt 3DS could handle it) I can't get too mad about Lucina getting in for a similar reason; even if she wasn't my fav character.
Miriel was my Waifu obvs.
But yeah, awesome as Robin is Chrom is way more nice too look at :p
(Especially now that it seems DLC is all but confirmed thanks to the data mining.)
Oh? What's this about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom