• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Subtitles?

No idea what he's saying either.

I actually never liked that guy.

iPWaD0oxD35mP.gif

I bet a lot of people play their 3ds like that since I don't think I've ever heard that criticism for Kid Icarus: Uprising. I just like to play most things in short bursts though, and I kinda like to be able to save and quit at any moment.
In-game Pause plus Sleep Mode!

I'm definitely not into long hair on guys. I prefer pretty short hair on most guys. Some can pull off the long hair fairly well, but even still, most of the time I think they would look far better with it shorter.

Oh, I like long hair. Well, like Ledger's pic in El_Gat's post.

Momoa's hairstyle is a bit too long for me. What matters is a nice and fun personality tho :3

and a dig bick

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
These aren't really great examples of long hair on men. Just long hair that happens to be on hot guys.

I can't think of any off the top of my head though.

Haly

My point is, those guys could pull off most hairstyles because they have their face/body going for them. The long hair isn't particularly noteworthy. You could give them a faux-hawk, a buzz cut, braids, weave, whatever, and it'll probably work out in their favor.

220px-Chiang,_Ted_(Villarrubia)_(cropped).jpg

This is Ted Chiang. Ted Chiang isn't an actor, a model, or an athlete. He's a writer and a computer nerd. He's probably above average in the looks department as far as Chinese males go, but he's not going to star in Wong Kar Wai's newest HK blockbuster any time soon.

I think the simple Asian ponytail look suits him. Him having shorter, spikier hair would clash with the nerdy look he has going on. And if it wasn't tied back, he'd look like a mess/slob. This is a case where his hair suits his build/looks/personality.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
My point is, those guys could pull off most hairstyles because they have their face/body going for them. The long hair isn't particularly noteworthy. You could give them a faux-hawk, a buzz cut, braids, weave, whatever, and it'll probably work out in their favor.

220px-Chiang,_Ted_(Villarrubia)_(cropped).jpg

This is Ted Chiang. Ted Chiang isn't an actor, a model, or an athlete. He's a writer and a computer nerd. He's probably above average in the looks department as far as Chinese males go, but he's not going to star in Wong Kar Wai's newest HK blockbuster any time soon.

I think the simple Asian ponytail look suits him. Him having shorter, spikier hair would clash with the nerdy look he has going on. And if it wasn't tied back, he'd look like a mess/slob. This is a case where his hair suits his build/looks/personality.

i literally have no idea what your point is

Welp, thanks to the advice on GAF (and people in this thread), I just bought Kid Icarus Uprising off the eshop! It's downloading now. :) Hopefully I won't get any cramps. :p

Haly

I think Tony Leung is another good example of what I'm talking about.

Leung with a buzzcut.

Leung with his usual short hair.

Leung in Hero.

The buzzcut doesn't set off his face. He doesn't have the kind of Caucasian bony face structure to pull off straight up buzz. It makes him look older, and more scrawny looking.

His usual hair length, however, balances his face very well. It gives shape to his head, while letting his facial features shine. He's actually the same age here as he was in the buzzcut photo, so you can see the youth-giving effect the haircut has on him.

He had long hair in Hero, I think it might've been a wig. Anyway he looks kind of silly, blatantly weeaboo silly. He doesn't carry it naturally like Takeshi Kaneshiro does in House of Flying Daggers. Although I could chalk that up to costume design, I still think short hair suits him better.

Welp, thanks to the advice on GAF (and people in this thread), I just bought Kid Icarus Uprising off the eshop! It's downloading now. :) Hopefully I won't get any cramps. :p

Yay! Congratulations! Don't want to spoil you but if a certain goddess is NOT on your fave character list I'll cry.

Gameplay is great, but everything else is better. Sakurai did a great job, and it's kind of surprising this game will only be surpassed by his other 3ds game haha

IMO of course

Re: long hair - long haired guys like Jared Leto are a YES, but braids, ugh. It's like, WHY.

Yay! Congratulations! Don't want to spoil you but if a certain goddess is NOT on your fave character list I'll cry.

Gameplay is great, but everything else is better. Sakurai did a great job, and it's kind of surprising this game will only be surpassed by his other 3ds game haha

IMO of course

Re: long hair - long haired guys like Jared Leto are a YES, but braids, ugh. It's like, WHY.

I gotta admit, when I first saw Kid Icarus Uprising and people were saying how amazing it was, I just wasn't sure. I didn't even realize it was a Sakurai game until much later (which was what made me take a bit more interest in it lol). Oh and I'm sure I'll like that certain goddess! :p I've heard the game is quite humorous.

I am not that tall. I actually didn't realize I was on the shorter side till I came to the states. I feel like people here notice more. People in LA especially like to tell you if you're shorter...

daripad

I am not that tall. I actually didn't realize I was on the shorter side till I came to the states. I feel like people here notice more. People in LA especially like to tell you if you're shorter...

How tall are you? What did they specifically tell you about your height?

It's weird, I have never seen anyone shame for their height unless they are really short. Mexican height average is shorter though, lol

Why are we hating on the shorties all of a sudden? :(

Nah, they are very cute and the ones I know are very smart

Haly

LA is one of the most superficial cities in the world, that's why.

Blame the influence of Hollywood.

Caladrius

And so I return briefly before being parted from the internet once again.

Height is mostly immaterial to me. I do like short men quite a bit though.

That's not bad at all, I don't think anyone is attracted to just one kind of appearance only.

Very true. I guess I think like that mostly because I've primarily met people with very mainstream tastes.

mantidor

Tall, short hair > *

I can be more tolerant with height, somewhat, but long hair is an instant deal breaker. Actually, to get over a crush faster I just imagine the guy with long hair.

+1 for long hair.
(especially if its long enough to pull mid coitus.)
tumblr_nbwn9st98U1rfbzp9o1_500.jpg

+1 for Neck tats and pierced nipples.
-1 for Prince alberts tho.
(irrational fear for my vocal cords.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom