• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

RM8

I actually don't think Chrom deserved to get in because of his looks (otherwise I'd be begging for Sothe! - who would make a great moveset), I just thought he was a perfect middle point between Marth and Ike. IMO Lucina could have been to Marth what Male Wii Fit Trainer is to Female Wii Fit Trainer.

Monocle

2igyYRU.png
His body is right. I wouldn't kick him out of bed, that's for sure.

VegiHam

I actually don't think Chrom deserved to get in because of his looks (otherwise I'd be begging for Sothe!), I just thought he was a perfect middle point between Marth and Ike.
Hmmm, I dunno, I think I'm happier with Robin as something completely different then I would be with a compromise character between two already similar dudes :/
But I'm not a game dev. I'm sure if they had done it they'd've dome it awesomely.

daripad

If they were going to put an Awakening character for me it always was Robin. I loved using him, he's versatile (no pun intended) and we needed more magic users. His final smash is definitely one of the best in the game.

VegiHam

People looking through the game's code have found arrow symbols that display on the character and stage select screens, indicating use for future DLC.

And if we're picking any Awakening characters, it would be Frederick for me, 100%.
Hmmm. Do we know for sure that's what the arrows do, or have they just found graphics? Could they be cut from when they were expecting to have more characters? I don't wanna get my hopes up. And I loved most of the awakening cast so I'd be happy for any of them to be playable but Miriel, Gaius, Cordelia and Yarne are my most faviouritest; if we're living in dream land.
If they were going to put an Awakening character for me it always was Robin. I loved using him, he's versatile (no pun intended) and we needed more magic users. His final smash is definitely one of the best in the game.
Well congrats! You won! :D

Well, you're pretty lucky then. :)

I like Robin too, but pretty much from a gameplay perspective only. The mid-sized model they chose was pretty meh to me. (Female Robin is pretty though.) I was hoping that they'd have all six variations available, but I knew that wouldn't happen due to hitboxes and such.

Hmmm. Do we know for sure that's what the arrows do, or have they just found graphics? Could they be cut from when they were expecting to have more characters? I don't wanna get my hopes up. And I loved most of the awakening cast so I'd be happy for any of them to be playable but Miriel, Gaius, Cordelia and Yarne are my most faviouritest; if we're living in dream land.
We don't know for sure of course, but they arrows aren't just random graphic files, they display directly on the character and stage screens. Only time will tell.

I like Miriel and Yarne(!!!) too. Cordy and Gaius I'm eh towards. My top 5 are Frederick, Vaike, Gregor, Basilio & Yen'fay. I also really like Cherche, Walhart, Priam, Yarne and Tiki. (There are a lot more, but I'll contain myself.)

Golnei

I think what we got was probably the best set of FE characters they could have gone with, but it's a shame we couldn't see some more variants of Robin, especially the versions that actually looked like adults. Or the Fighter / Warrior class.

I think what we got was probably the best set of FE characters they could have gone with, but it's a shame we couldn't see some more variants of Robin, especially the versions that actually looked like adults. Or the Fighter / Warrior class.
The fact we got RD Ike makes everything better. I still think that's the new aspect of Sm4sh I was most excited about.

VegiHam

We don't know for sure of course, but they arrows aren't just random graphic files, they display directly on the character and stage screens. Only time will tell.

I like Miriel and Yarne(!!!) too. Cordy and Gaius I'm eh towards. My top 5 are Frederick, Vaike, Gregor, Basilio & Yen'fay. I also really like Cherche, Walhart, Priam, Yarne and Tiki. (There are a lot more, but I'll contain myself.)
Well that's interesting. I'm expecting some kind of DLC, but I wouldn't be surprised if all we see next year is eight Kirby colours for prebuying the season pass to 2016's two DLC packs :p

And the more characters you list the more I remember I liked.

So I played a bit more of Kid Icarus: Uprising - I'm getting used to the controls now and combat feels great (even if my hands do cramp up after an hour and I need a break). I'm on Chapter 5 (
Dark Pit was just... uh, spawned or whatever.
)

So... what exactly makes a weapon good? Is the "value" number basically the attack power? I've been using these fist weapons for the past 2 chapters (they are rated 198), but I just got a 218 weapon that shoots orbs iirc. It didn't seem to do as much damage overall though because it shot only 3-4 orbs at a time then has to stop. I prefer the weapons that have continuous fire because while I'm still getting used to the controls, my aim isn't top notch sometimes. I'm also not sure what I should be buying in the shop - I wish you could try them before you buy (or I can't figure out how).

Also, what are Idols exactly? I have a power that transforms low HP enemies into idols, but not sure what that does. And the egg toss thing to create more idols? Wha? Maybe I just wasn't paying attention, but I don't remember the game talking about it. EDIT: Nvm, they are vault stuff you collect, Ithink.

I'm enjoying the game though - very funny/great characters and the combat is fun.

Kater

Banned
I just played Fallout New Vegas again (after a year without it 😾) and damn is the Confirmed Bachelor perk funny. Flirted with a NCR guy at the station on the hill. (´◠ω◠`)

If I remember correctly then there are even more men that you can flirt with but I can't remember who they were again...

I think my bf is depressed hes been chain smoking like crazy he went though 3 packs today and hes not in the mood to do anything he wont play games with me , he wont watch tv with me, he wont even have sex with me. when he comes home from work he sits alone in his room and doesnt want to be bothered.

Kater

Banned
I think my bf is depressed hes been chain smoking like crazy he went though 3 packs today and hes not in the mood to do anything he wont play games with me , he wont watch tv with me, he wont even have sex with me. when he comes home from work he sits alone in his room and doesnt want to be bothered.
Maybe he just needs some time for him alone. Smoking three packs of cigarettes a day though... Is he stressed from work maybe? Or is something coming up that could make him feel anxious?

Dany

Banned

How long has he been like this? Has this happened before?

eosos

Banned
Holy shit, thats a lot of cigs.

Dany

Banned
he wont talk to me at all. maybe ill buy him somthing to cheer him up. i was thinking about buying him the iphone 6. hes still using an iphone 3gs.

Both of you need to talk. Maybe somethings happened to him or maybe its something between you two. That needs to happen and you shouldn't buy him stuff to make him feel better.

He needs to talk to you, open up. How long have you two been together.

Both of you need to talk. Maybe somethings happened to him or maybe its something between you two. That needs to happen and you shouldn't buy him stuff to make him feel better.

He needs to talk to you, open up. How long have you two been together.

we have been together for a month but hes been a close friend of mine since childhood.

Dany

Banned
Is he in school? Does he have any upcoming tests or interviews? What happened a week ago? Did he and/or you go out drinking? How is he with his family?

Even if it is not that. Perhaps its something mental. :/ How old are you two?

daripad

Well congrats! You won! :D
Well, you're pretty lucky then. :)

I really got lucky with this smash. My top 3 newcomers were Greninja (this guy was my dream, I never thhought he had any possibility in the game), Palutena and Shulk. They all got in and they look fantastic. In addition to them I got Robin, Rosalina, Lucina, Dark Pit, Dr. Mario. And the rest of the newcomers look very fun, even Villager is my main in the demo. I miss Ice Climbers, Lucas, Mewtwo and Snake, but the roster is so good that I don't mind now.

we have been together for a month but hes been a close friend of mine since childhood.

Has he had this kind of behaviour before you were a couple?

Popping in to say that every time I see the title it always makes me laugh.

Also, a friend of mine recently came out as gay. He's only done so in private to a few of us, and he seemed super-anxious and relieved when he told us. Obviously we're all supportive, and all that stuff.

That said, he seems to have some serious insecurity about us secretly hating him. Now, that's not the case, but he keeps stating our lame reactions to him coming out is muted disapproval. I've quit drinking, and thus I don't go to anymore bars and clubs (both gay and straight, we have another gay friend in our group.) Suddenly he's acting like it's because I don't approve of his lifestyle or some nonsense.

I don't know how to deal with this because his sexuality literally does not matter to me in the slightest, and it hasn't changed my perception of this.

How do I make him know that his orientation is accepted, and literally inconsequential to our friendship?

Popping in to say that every time I see the title it always makes me laugh.

Also, a friend of mine recently came out as gay. He's only done so in private to a few of us, and he seemed super-anxious and relieved when he told us. Obviously we're all supportive, and all that stuff.

That said, he seems to have some serious insecurity about us secretly hating him. Now, that's not the case, but he keeps stating our lame reactions to him coming out is muted disapproval. I've quit drinking, and thus I don't go to anymore bars and clubs (both gay and straight, we have another gay friend in our group.) Suddenly he's acting like it's because I don't approve of his lifestyle or some nonsense.

I don't know how to deal with this because his sexuality literally does not matter to me in the slightest, and it hasn't changed my perception of this.

How do I make him know that his orientation is accepted, and literally inconsequential to our friendship?
give him a hand job as a gesture you guys are okay with him. like literally grab his junk with your left hand hand and right hand on his shoulder and look him in the eyes "i'm here for you buddy. Everything's okay."

give him a hand job as a gesture you guys are okay with him. like literally grab his junk with your left hand hand and right hand on his shoulder and look him in the eyes "i'm here for you buddy. Everything's okay."

Ok, so I stand behind him on his left side, right hand on his right shoulder, and use my left. Am I applying for for pushing forward, or pulling back? How do I use my thumb?

And what if he's uncut? I have to deal with that whole mess. I'm joking about that of course. He's jewish.

I really hate to say this.. but you've been together for a month and he's been really depressed for a week? You've never seen him like this? It could be relationship problems.. you need to talk to him ASAP.

I think I did a huge mistake.. A counselor today told me that I was eligible for a program that let me do one semester of College English in the Summer, she said that it was 5 months worth of work in 1 month but she said that if I did it and passed I wouldn't have to worry about that class but if I failed I would start with an F in college. Still, I said yes. Seems like a good idea but at the same time I'm really terrified, things are moving kind of quickly because I'm already thinking about College. I'm probably going to go to the main Campus in the city that's 30 mins away for 2 years then transfer to California.

Was accepting the offer a bad idea? fuck

Oh man, just found out that Smash demo has a 30 use limit. I heard gaygaf has been generous. If any of you has a promo code (which Apprently had no use limit) could I humbly request one. I know I'm a hot mess. But now I'll be a distracted hot mess and spend less time looking for validation on hook up apps. (See how I tied that all in together?)

PM me if your feeling generous. Thank you in advance.

LOCK

I think I did a huge mistake.. A counselor today told me that I was eligible for a program that let me do one semester of College English in the Summer, she said that it was 5 months worth of work in 1 month but she said that if I did it and passed I wouldn't have to worry about that class but if I failed I would start with an F in college. Still, I said yes. Seems like a good idea but at the same time I'm really terrified, things are moving kind of quickly because I'm already thinking about College. I'm probably going to go to the main Campus in the city that's 30 mins away for 2 years then transfer to California.

Was accepting the offer a bad idea? fuck
I started college before I graduated high school, took summer classes as well. It's a lot of work at first, but you get used to it. Your work load really depends on the teacher, but expect to spend a lot of your time reading and writing.

Overall, I was happy with doing this as it gave me an advantage over most of my peers.

I finaly talked to my bf last night. hes been depressed for a week becuase he found out his dad had a brain tumor and only had a few months to live.

Dany

Banned
I finaly talked to my bf last night. hes been depressed for a week becuase he found out his dad had a brain tumor and only had a few months to live.

I'm so sorry for your boyfriend's father, your boyfriend and you. At least its caught. Try to make the best of it.

The next several months are going to be rough. Be the inspiration for your boyfriend.

injurai

Banned
Okaay, so I've long had a thought that has cropped up in my mind. I can be highly emotionally subdued, especially when trying to make sense of things. The thought just always made sense to me, if only because it seemed reasonable and consciensious. But I might have more emotional attatchment towards this unnattainable experience.

I've always felt it was a shame that we live our lives in relation to a singular experience. Now I don't believe in reincarnation but I've always thought it would be really nice I walk through life as a woman. I suppose I would call myself a cis male, I'll come back to this detail though. But at the same time I've always desired to step into the female experience. Not only to understand but also to experience and be. The thought was always framed less as a reincarnation but more as the desire to natural change at somepoint in ones lifes. Sort of what can be observed by some creatures in the animal kingdom. Maybe at some age everyone ends up swappiing genders, or maybe I was seeking more magical shift where my past experiences are still remembered as male, but everyone else sees and remembers me as always being female. Whatever it would take to authentically experience and be in this other human experience. I think it would be important to say that I'm not valuaing one gender role over the other, I greatly value the male experience and what I've learned from it.

This morning was the second time in my life that I have awoken from a dream and had forgotten the waking world around me. Maybe 5 years ago I had a lucid dream that my father committed suicide (he didn't really) but It was a fear I had for a long time after my parents divorce. Spent what was probably a full hour thinking it had really happened, to me the dream I just had was some even that happened the evening before. What pulled me out was him actually calling me on the phone. I never mentioned to him that experience, but it was one of the most surreal things that had ever happened to me.

Well it happened again last night, and this is what made me accept a desire of mine that I long tried to rationalize an empathetic notion. Something that I had long thought about. In the dream I was essentially back in childhood and was a female version of myself. I had the hair I always thought was most pretty on girls. My dream consisted of me playing in my yard with my closest friends still today. I ended up coming in and taking a shower, looking at my face and playing with my hair. I looked like a cross between myself and a girl from my childhood that I always considered to be a second sister. I didn't think anything of it in my dream, It felt so right that this is who I am.

I awoke and for 20 minutes I was still living out this experience. I was totally entranced by it, thinking it was a childhood memory of mine and that I had merely grown older. There was no novalty about, I wasn't rushing to check out my knew female body. I thought it was just another mundane morning and that I had recalled a pleasent childhood memory. Then I looked in the mirror. I was completely taken back, and while I wasn't upset at what I saw. I was saddened that my waking experience so singular and unary. It reaffirmed my desire that I want to live out both the male and female perspectives. I'm fine with who I am, and I know that is more than what many non-cis people get. But I can't help ignore the dreaming to have both a cis-male and cis-female experience. It was pretty much the experience I had always been curious towards and excuse the pun, dreamed about. While this was more than I could ask for, It's it even more apparenty just how much this whole thing pulls me in and attracts me.

I really don't know what to think of this, I've never heard anyone else convey similiar longings. I don't want to put out false notions that I'm tortured over this, because I do value my one and only identy and self. But at the very core of who I am, I can see that part of me taking on different gendered self.

Howdy GayGAF! It's Friday night! Yay! What are everyone's plans? I am thinking about getting a few cocktails with some friends and maybe hit on some people :D

Edit:

Damn man, thats rough. Both my parents got cancer and I still have my mom, I know how rough it can be. I wish you and your BF the best and always know that we'll support you here.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm out of whiskey. Need to get some more whiskey tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom