• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Same too! Grew up with my Mom and Dad constantly trash-talking other family members and telling us stories of how other family members were fake people or terrible people. Even after a party, they say stuff like "What a waste of money" or "The food was terrible" and shit like that.

Yep, my family is exactly like that. I really can't stand all the cattiness.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I love my family and my family loves me.

I get the impression functional families are rare in America.

:USA :USA :USA

bless this patriotic post.

eagle_mourning_web.jpg

Golnei

I generally enjoy the presence of my immediate and extended family. I'd prefer it if some of my maternal relatives were less petty, materialistic and judgmental and my parents didn't feign vomiting whenever watching anything with gay characters, but overall things are okay. The former is understandable enough as a form of mourning and at least they've started to feel guilty about the latter.

You'd have thought all the clapping and chanting after every meal would have brought them closer together.

KmA

So this is the first time in my life where I'm getting approached by guys. Most of them are just horny old men, but that has its own charm. I mean, it's only because of grindr that I'm having these experiences and whenever someone I'm not interested in approaches me I don't know how to let them down easy... I feel bad since it takes a lot of courage to initially contact someone and it hurts if you don't get a response. It seems kind of dickish to just outright ignore their messages.

Dany

Banned
So this is the first time in my life where I'm getting approached by guys. Most of them are just horny old men, but that has its own charm. I mean, it's only because of grindr that I'm having these experiences and whenever someone I'm not interested in approaches me I don't know how to let them down easy... I feel bad since it takes a lot of courage to initially contact someone and it hurts if you don't get a response. It seems kind of dickish to just outright ignore their messages.

Grindr and most social media apps are fairly low threshold, its easy to ignore a message then to respond.

daripad

I hate all my extended family. Well, maybe not hate, but I don't care about any of them and it would be good if I never see any of them again.

It's kind of funny to feel this sensation of loneliness when you have a lot of people around you, but you only care about a handful of your own world.

I hate all my family. Well, maybe not hate, but I don't care about any of them and it would be good if I never see any of them again.

It's kind of funny to feel this sensation of loneliness when you have a lot of people around you, but you only care about a handful of your own world.
Why do you hate them?

Dany

Banned
I hate all my family. Well, maybe not hate, but I don't care about any of them and it would be good if I never see any of them again.

Figure out how you can move away and then move away. Let them change for you. not the other way around.You don't need them until they do.

Kater

Banned
wheres mumei to change the thread subtitle to "can't even drink straight"

drinkin tonight. who's up?

Thank you Sai and Mumei. Great title change. :D

They're always judging and lying about other members of the family while doing bad stuff themselves. Hypocrites basically.

Guys, I was talking about my extended family. I'm editing my post, sorry
If it's just extended family then you can probably easily avoid them. That's what I do
because my cousins are a bunch of drug dealers and homophobic as well.

Just found this on imgur. Haha
8roiXk0.gif

7NK08GL.gif

I hate all my extended family. Well, maybe not hate, but I don't care about any of them and it would be good if I never see any of them again.

I have a similar feeling honestly. I think hate might be a strong word for me, but I'm more apathetic toward them. I have actually avoided seeing a majority of them for like two years now and only really see my intermediate family and like one aunt on a regular basis. It's mainly my dad's side of the family that I take issue with. I'm in the South and most of them are really homophobic. They don't know I'm gay, but I'd rather them not even know because I know how they would react. There's maybe one or two aunts on my dad's side that would probably not care one bit and would support me, but even then, I'm not certain.

I feel like I've distanced myself from my extended family (and even somewhat my intermediate family) because I'm not out and if I don't care about them or what they think, it won't hurt me if they *did* find out I was gay and had a bad reaction. *shrug*

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
That bod...

That is like my ideal. Lean and wiry da best.

daripad

I hate my father's attitude most of the time. For example today he spent half the time being angry and yelling at everyone. I'm getting tired of it.

Sorry for not bringing anything relevant to the thread, I guess I should stay away until something important happens in my love life lol.

mantidor

I hate my father's attitude most of the time. For example today he spent half the time being angry and yelling at everyone. I'm getting tired of it.

Sorry for not bringing anything relevant to the thread, I guess I should stay away until something important happens in my love life lol.

Well, you need to vent.

I had things with my dad, but overall, I really love him, and miss him, mistakes and all, sometimes you get to see their point of view and you can understand where they come from.

Or sometimes they are just assholes heh, but it's not the case with my dad, I actually can't wait to go back home again, next week!

As I've said you are young! there's much to be seen yet.

No one talks about their love life here and when they do there's like an 80% chance I'll find it boring.

daripad

Well, you need to vent.

I had things with my dad, but overall, I really love him, and miss him, mistakes and all, sometimes you get to see their point of view and you can understand where they come from.

Or sometimes they are just assholes heh, but it's not the case with my dad, I actually can't wait to go back home again, next week!

As I've said you are young! there's much to be seen yet.

I hope I'll be still sane by the time I don't live with him anymore. I love him too, he has done many great things for me and my sister but his anger is just not good for us, that's the number 1 reason why communication with him is not viable most of the time.

No one talks about their love life here and when they do there's like an 80% chance I'll find it boring.
I guess that's true lol

HylianTom

Banned
I wonder if going through a sort of "I dislike or am indifferent to my parents/family" phase is more common than many people think. Almost everyone I knew went through it to some degree in high school/college/20s, but it was always to a unique degree for each, with different dynamics at play.

I drifted away for a bit in my 20s, before coming out to them. That ended-up being a wedge, because I'd avoid them a bit, not wanting to experience that weight of awkardness I felt whenever I visited. Now we're over at the parents' house pretty much every weekend.

My sister, meanwhile, bickered with Mom (over everything and anything, including some of the stuuupidest shit) for a while, but now they're as close as ever.

One of my best college friends didn't reconnect until his late 20s, after his folks made peace with the fact that he (after moving across the country, getting married, having kids) was never moving back home.

I'm trying to think of anyone who's had a consistently smooth/solid relationship with their parent(s), and I'm stumped.

Dany

Banned
My relationship with my mom is good with my dad is awful.you do what's best for you. I hope I can be better than I am now for them but we all just need some space from them from time to time

I envy people with a strong relationship to their immediate family. Hell, I don't think I would say I have a strong relationship with anyone in my entire family.

RM8

I'm in good terms with my parents and my brother. My immediate family is pretty cool. I'm not close to most of my extended family from my mother's side, mostly because of distance, while I'm much closer to my father's side. Overall I'm lucky, I've never had issues with my relatives.

Oh, Kim Giri! You might be interested in checking out this page for more pictures of him.
Haysoos.

Berordn

I don't have a perfect relationship with my family or anything, but we're hardly strained. My parents and I get along fine and the rest of my siblings are well within arms reach.

Though it helps that my parents and are I are still living in the same house out of mutual convenience, so it's not like anyone's going to start slinging mud.

Mr. F

Banned
I'm in good terms with my parents and my brother. My immediate family is pretty cool. I'm not close to most of my extended family from my mother's side, mostly because of distance, while I'm much closer to my father's side. Overall I'm lucky, I've never had issues with my relatives.

Same on both accounts. I've always been close to my parents and I think we've only gotten closer over the years. It's pretty cool being able to talk to them about pretty much anything.

Relative wise it's a lot like your situation; never been super close with my mom's side due to them all being back in Brazil but most of my Dad's siblings followed my parents to Canada. It was awesome growing up with them around.

J-Fr

Hey GayGAF!
I've been lurking NeoGAF for months and this thread for weeks.

I can't bring my self to post much, I still lack a bit of self-esteem and self-confidence.
I've been meaning to make progress this year, I'm now surprisingly more confident in real life than on the Internet..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom