• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

HylianTom

Banned
My future build and boyfriend. <3
Niiice.

I miss having channels that show Australian Rules Football. It gives soccer serious competiton in the "sport with the hottest players" category.

Speaking of hot sports guys, here's a PSA: a hot coach will be on ESPN's Thursday night college football.

Kliff Kingsbury (middle here)..
kingsbury%20shirtless%202.vadapt.320.medium.0.JPG

kliff-kingsbury-texas-tech.jpg

My Mom was wondering why we wanted to watch the Texas Tech game two weekends ago, and Greg blurted out, "for the coach - the cameras love to follow him!!" As soon as she saw him, she did a Chandler Bing-esque "OhmyGawwd!" and was glued to the rest of the game.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Ugh, that feeling when you go out for a drink with someone, and they are nice, and funny, and you like them, but there's no spark, and you just can't figure out how to tell them, so you agree to go on another date :/ Seems like he might be a solid friend though.

Maybe the spark will come on the second date?

Sometimes you are alright, Watsky. :) Pretty much what I was going to post.

<3

Caladrius

I've found a decent amount of job openings nearby. Hopefully one of them is willing to take up a goober with no work experience.

I always hate that. I'd rather go pick it up at the store and have it yesterday.

The eternal online shopping pain. (Especially if you're a weeb like me and import a lot and the sellers don't charge until they ship it).

Berordn

The eternal online shopping pain. (Especially if you're a weeb like me and import a lot and the sellers don't charge until they ship it).

There's been so much stuff I've wanted to import since I got a steady paycheck but the thought of having to wait turns me off of it.

I am trying to be reckless, damnit!

Ty4on

I love getting stuff shipped because you can get literally everything and save so much money. It was a bit hard when I ordered my PC in three batches and could only play with the components while fantasizing about what it'd be like once completed. It turned into a PC.
Gag concert talking in the LGBTQIA thread? What? Here is the skit those gif are taken from:
Gag Concert | &#44060;&#44536;&#53080;&#49436;&#53944; (2014.04.26)
Song Pylgeun>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kim Giri, :p
The skit name is "The Three Friends", is actually funny, and Gag Concert have other funny skits. The only possible problem is that sometimes they use lots of stereotypes.
And a lot of word plays :p

I can pretty much only make sentences with "fighting!" in them and the of a is b. I'd love to learn it, but one big issue I have is how similar all the sounds are when spoken quickly. I can hear all the imnida and isse-yo endings I once learned, but not much more.

Caladrius

There's been so much stuff I've wanted to import since I got a steady paycheck but the thought of having to wait turns me off of it.

I am trying to be reckless, damnit!

It's not so bad if you have other things queued up between now and then. That way I forget about them until they reach the door.

Casanova

Thank you Sai and Mumei. Great title change. :D

If it's just extended family then you can probably easily avoid them. That's what I do
because my cousins are a bunch of drug dealers and homophobic as well.

Just found this on imgur. Haha
8roiXk0.gif

7NK08GL.gif

I want the cute stocky one in the shirt and glasses. Adorable. You guys can fight over the skinny beefcake.

Sadly Bill & Ted has one line in it that I wish wasn't there. Those who have seen it can probably guess which line I'm talking about.

El_Gato said:
It's cheaper if you buy stuff online most of the times though. :/

It's a trade off. Online is cheaper but you have to wait longer. Stores are more immediate but you pay more.

HylianTom

Banned
The toned guy reminds me of a co-worker I once had a bit of a crush on. It's uncanny - they could be twins. We worked weekend overnights together, and he & I would hang-out in the break room after midnight and giggle at Cartoon Network together. Greg would tease me about him all the time.

Initially, he said he was straight, but later on confessed that he messed around with guys in the military before he met his wife.

I used to be on the skinny side, but now I'm plumping up nicely. Those family genes are catching-up!

Do bi people consider themselves gay? I mean gay means homosexual and homosexual means a sexual or romantic attraction to someone of the same gender.
Not really in my opinion, while I do lean on the gay side in terms of romantic preferences, I consider myself bi in that I'm open to having a relationship with a woman if I found someone I truly loved. It's kinda a misnomer to think that bi people are one or the other, because while there are preferences, bisexuality means as I see it being open to having a relationship with either sex and not mutually exclusive to just one.
When people say 'gay', they usually refer to 'exclusively homosexual'. Someone saying "I'm a gay man who is 95% attracted to women" is something that would generally confuse people, suggesting that the definition you gave isn't the best one.

Some people use 'gay' as a more general term, but that leaves others thinking it means exclusively homosexual. Invisibility/monosexist assumptions/erasure is a major issue for the bisexual community.

But some do, some don't, no idea about a ratio.
I'll say that this has been issue that has popped up a few times for me, especially in the furry fandom, which is largely LGBT for the most part and most people within the fandom do date or are married to other furries. I actually had someone say to me "Your gonna be gay in this fandom, the only way your gonna be in a relationship with a women is because either your popular or she's damaged." Which is ignorant, hurtful, and stupid to say the least.
Ghostbusters I&II, Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure, Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, and The Neverending Story.

Awesome, some of favorites. Still need to watch the other two, along with bunch of other 80s and 90s movies.

Shy Fingers

Banned
So my 2 year anniversary with my guy starts in 8 minutes. I've done and planned nothing for it. I'm having dinner with my ex on our anniversary night.

On a scale of Loved to Fucked where do I stand?

Edit: I wish this was something I could make up lol

_Isaac

Not really in my opinion, while I do lean on the gay side in terms of romantic preferences, I consider myself bi in that I'm open to having a relationship with a woman if I found someone I truly loved. It's kinda a misnomer to think that bi people are one or the other, because while there are preferences, bisexuality means as I see it being open to having a relationship with either sex and not mutually exclusive to just one.

I don't know. I don't think I ever thought of "gay" meaning exclusively homosexual, so in my mind bi people would be both gay and straight. I guess it'd be more accurate to say they'd be both homosexual and heterosexual. I agree that it would indeed be a misnomer to think that bi people are one or the other. That's why I always kinda think of them as both.

Also, I'm really surprised I haven't seen anybody comment on how we're so obsessed with labels. I feel like that comes up a lot.

Shy Fingers

Banned
I don't know. I don't think I ever thought of "gay" meaning exclusively homosexual, so in my mind bi people would be both gay and straight. I guess it'd be more accurate to say they'd be both homosexual and heterosexual. I agree that it would indeed be a misnomer to think that bi people are one or the other. That's why I always kinda think of them as both.

Also, I'm really surprised I haven't seen anybody comment on how we're so obsessed with labels. I feel like that comes up a lot.

You're too focused on labels.

For me bi people fall into the social norm of the gay category.

So my 2 year anniversary with my guy starts in 8 minutes. I've done and planned nothing for it. I'm having dinner with my ex on our anniversary night.

On a scale of Loved to Fucked where do I stand?

Edit: I wish this was something I could make up lol
um... cancel? why would you plan for dinner with your ex on the same day of you and your current bf's anniversary?

Shy Fingers

Banned
um... cancel? why would you plan for dinner with your ex on the same day of you and your current bf's anniversary?

Just sort of happened that way.

1. Starting a volunteer position that day after my ex begged me to join in on the team. Head of the org picked that day,

2. While we don't normally hold those types of dates on a pillar, this one seems different. Snarky comments all week about me missing it. Our shtick is giving one another a hard time over thing, but it is just weird. Might be my guilt.

3. He tried to stay up until midnight to wish me a happy anniversary but fell asleep. It was adorable when I woke him up at 10:30 to tell him it wasn't midnight yet and to transition to the bed.

RM8

*quoting the pic of impossibly hot Korean guy*
Guys, being a really skinny guy, where do I start if I want to improve my body? I really, really need some muscle on my bones. I'll google for beginner stuff I can do at home, but if anyone has any advice it'd be appreciated :p

Shy Fingers

Banned
Guys, being a really skinny guy, where do I start if I want to improve my body? I really, really need some muscle on my bones. I'll google for beginner stuff I can do at home, but if anyone has any advice it'd be appreciated :p

Gaf has a great starter strength guide that has helped me tons. Can't remember the name of the thread currently, It is basically the work out OT.

Their simple basic routine has lead to results that have been pointed out to me.

Anyone here watch Stranger by the Lake on Netflix? God bless the french for the gratuitous male full-frontal and seemingly non-simulated sex scenes, but dear god I freaking can't with that ending.
If you could even call that an ending.

(Also I don't know if this is a French cinema thing, but the movie had no soundtrack to speak of. Definitely made things kinda off-putting, but given the film's subject-matter, it might have been intentional.)

The anticipation when something you ordered is supposed to arrive in the mail today.

I love that feeling. It's like looking forward to a little gift that you know is coming down the line.

Grizzo

Oh, gosh, that sounds really painful. Hope everything goes well, fingers crossed!!!

I hope everything works out just fine at the dentist. &#128521;

thanks guys! It went well although I have to eat lukewarm and non solid food for two weeks straight (I can eat chicken or fish, just nothing like bread or cookies). It hurts a little when I open my jaw too wide, too.

I
Btw: I didn't know you review games as well. :eek:

Those aren't really reviews per se, more like articles about what's just been released. I don't have to give grades, but I still give my opinion about what I played, that's why try send me games :)

And just as Amazon send me an email to tell me my copy of Fantasy Life is on it's way, the PR for Nintendo France just told me that he mailed me a copy... So I didn't even have to buy it (I didn't know he would send me one). Oh well, I think I will give this one to my best friend.

On the plus side, he's also gonna send me Smash Bros next week! Can't wait to play it with you!

RM8

Gaf has a great starter strength guide that has helped me tons. Can't remember the name of the thread currently, It is basically the work out OT.

Their simple basic routine has lead to results that have been pointed out to me.

Thanks guys! I have my expectations in check - I'll look like the Korean guy by this Friday night, right? :p

And just as Amazon send me an email to tell me my copy of Fantasy Life is on it's way, the PR for Nintendo France just told me that he mailed me a copy...
Receive all of my jealousy. Well, not all of it, Australian people and their early N3DS launch make me quite jelly as well. Where can I read your stuff?

Caladrius

So, your room smells better?

Scrubbing the carpet with discarded intestines usually fixes that, right?

Thanks guys! I have my expectations in check - I'll look like the Korean guy by this Friday night, right? :p

Receive all of my jealousy. Well, not all of it, Australian people and their early N3DS launch make me quite jelly as well. Where can I read your stuff?

I wish.

I would be doing more exercise but without consistent access to weights I can't do all that much and make it stick.

And to be fair, Austrailia is shafted on virtually everything else.

Kater

Banned
I don't want to be skinny, just a little healthier
What I did was eating carrots raw instead of another cookie. More salad, less meat. If you have to eat meat get chicken meat.
Fruits have a lot of sugar too, so that wouldn't be a wise idea either to just stuff you full of them (heard that a lot in my life "just eat a banana, that's so healthy!". It has lots of sugar too though so it's wise to treat them the same as sweets).

What, did I miss some news? Australia gets the N3DS earlier? WHAT? *clicks to gaming side*

What I did was eating carrots raw instead of another cookie. More salad, less meat. If you have to eat meat get chicken meat.
Fruits have a lot of sugar too, so that wouldn't be a wise idea either to just stuff you full of them (heard that a lot in my life "just eat a banana, that's so healthy!". It has lots of sugar too though so it's wise to treat them the same as sweets).

What, did I miss some news? Australia gets the N3DS earlier? WHAT? *clicks to gaming side*

:O

RM8

I would be doing more exercise but without consistent access to weights I can't do all that much and make it stick.
Yeah, this sucks :/ I downloaded a pdf with a "body weight" strength plan sometime ago, but I never started it, lol. It'd be ideal, strength training without the need of equipment.

Yup. Feel free to import since you're in Europe :p You're even keeping Japan's color scheme! I still fear stupid NOA will ruin the beauty of the N3DS for us.

Dany

Banned

I've been low carb and have been loving it. So meats, cheese, eggs, veggies and greens :) I've been eating less, feeling fuller faster and no gastric or digistion issues. Totally a great way to lose weight or to 'control weight'. Only time i carb up is before my workout with some almonds or after with a protein shake w/ a banana. It's going to take some time before the misconception between fats and sugars are switched.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom