• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

VegiHam

Hey GayGAF!
I've been lurking NeoGAF for months and this thread for weeks.

I can't bring my self to post much, I still lack a bit of self-esteem and self-confidence.
I've been meaning to make progress this year, I'm now surprisingly more confident in real life than on the Internet..
Hi!
Tell us what videogames you like so we can tell you what amazing taste you have as a confidence boost!

Kater

Banned
Hey GayGAF!

I can't bring my self to post much, I still lack a bit of self-esteem and self-confidence.
I've been meaning to make progress this year, I'm now surprisingly more confident in real life than on the Internet..
Hello and welcome, J-Fr!

Your avi is really cute. 😻

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Hey GayGAF!

Welcome!

J-Fr

Hi!
Tell us what videogames you like so we can tell you what amazing taste you have as a confidence boost!

I've been going through Touhou, Cave STG and Taiko for the past three years.
I can barely handle normal difficulty on Touhou and I often get destroyed by Cave games but these are fun games, they can be very rewarding!

I discovered Taiko no Tatsujin with OsuTaiko, but the custom maps are way too hard and the keyboard gameplay was not for me. The Wii games are much more amusing.

Congratulations, that's much better than the inverse. I'm disgustingly introverted.

Thanks for the welcome. College really helped me, we had to make presentations every so often.
I'm still not talking much I guess but I hesitate less when I want to say something.

Hello and welcome, J-Fr!

Your avi is really cute. ��

Thanks!
The artist is mttn (he's a kemono artist, so most of his works are NSFW).
Here is his pixiv account: http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=25993
And the original piece: http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/sokumota/imgs/b/5/b515bb93.jpg

J-Fr

I love the blue and the shining stars and the cartoony wolfes. Awesome work. :)

Are you a furry fan (sorry if that is not the right term)? Because there's also a FurryGAF if you are interested.

It's not my way of life, but I do love anthropomorphic drawings. I don't really know in which category I fall in, I guess fan is correct.
I already took a few glances into the FurryGAF community thread. :)

:)
sunshine_20.png
sunshine_20.png
sunshine_20.png

Who's bi here anyway?
I AM!
I is.

It's Sept 23 again here. Celebrate Bisexuality Day! Interesting it is getting a whole week from some orgs. Greedy.

Events in different countries this year, click on 2014 as the URL doesn't change for some reason. http://september23.bi.org/

Grizzo

I'm having gum surgery tomorrow and I can't say I'm looking forward to it. It's gonna be early in the morning and I get nervous quite easily, so my dentist prescribed me some anxiolytics to help me sleep tonight and feel fine tomorrow morning. I took some now while watching yesterday's episode of The Strain (by the way, what a dumb show).

Worst part of this is a copy of Hyrule Warriors is waiting for me at the office (I have to write a piece about it) but I won't be able to go pick it up for at least 4 to 5 days (gotta rest after the surgery).

I'll post about the surgery tomorrow if the anesthesia don't leave too stoned out of my mind!

Kater

Banned
I'm having gum surgery tomorrow and I can't say I'm looking forward to it. It's gonna be early in the morning and I get nervous quite easily, so my dentist prescribed me some anxiolytics to help me sleep tonight and feel fine tomorrow morning. I took some now while watching yesterday's episode of The Strain (by the way, what a dumb show).

Worst part of this is a copy of Hyrule Warriors is waiting for me at the office (I have to write a piece about it) but I won't be able to go pick it up for at least 4 to 5 days (gotta rest after the surgery).

I'll post about the surgery tomorrow if the anesthesia don't leave too stoned out of my mind!
I hope everything works out just fine at the dentist. 😉

Btw: I didn't know you review games as well. :eek:

Hey GayGAF!

Welcome! :)
Got any other hobbies?
Someone hug me.

I have a fever.
Hugs Dany.
Get better soon! :)

_Isaac

Do bi people consider themselves gay? I mean gay means homosexual and homosexual means a sexual or romantic attraction to someone of the same gender.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
"Gay" means a lot of things to a lot of different people, it's slang for the most part.

"Homosexuality" is more well defined and you can't be really bi without being both homosexual and heterosexual.

Do bi people consider themselves gay? I mean gay means homosexual and homosexual means a sexual or romantic attraction to someone of the same gender.
When people say 'gay', they usually refer to 'exclusively homosexual'. Someone saying "I'm a gay man who is 95% attracted to women" is something that would generally confuse people, suggesting that the definition you gave isn't the best one.

Some people use 'gay' as a more general term, but that leaves others thinking it means exclusively homosexual. Invisibility/monosexist assumptions/erasure is a major issue for the bisexual community.

But some do, some don't, no idea about a ratio.

Caladrius

Caladrius Returns: Fellatio Fantasy XIII

The trip was almost fun. I rather enjoyed the desert scenery. Not a place I'd live in but it'd be nice to visit again.

We live in a more populated area this time, thank goodness. I can actually get something I want besides food without having to ride/drive 30 minutes.

We're still cleaning out the last bits of stuff and I'm still trying to find out how to organize everything (especially since I got a brand-new entertainment center that unfortunately lacks shelves for my games), but otherwise I'm settled. Tomorrow I start applying for work.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

"Gay" means a lot of things to a lot of different people, it's slang for the most part.

"Homosexuality" is more well defined and you can't be really bi without being both homosexual and heterosexual.

Basically. Some people use "gay" as an umbrella word for lgbtq people, others use it exclusively to refer to people who are homosexual. It really varies from person to person.

Personally, I don't think of myself as "gay". Bi and queer, but not gay.

Caladrius Returns: Fellatio Fantasy XIII

Welcome back! :)

Well, I don't. I suppose that's why the term was coined in the first place, really.

Also, hi guys! c: Long time, no see~

Dead Man

Ugh, that feeling when you go out for a drink with someone, and they are nice, and funny, and you like them, but there's no spark, and you just can't figure out how to tell them, so you agree to go on another date :/ Seems like he might be a solid friend though.

Basically. Some people use "gay" as an umbrella word for lgbtq people, others use it exclusively to refer to people who are homosexual. It really varies from person to person.

Personally, I don't think of myself as "gay". Bi and queer, but not gay.

Sometimes you are alright, Watsky. :) Pretty much what I was going to post.

scarlet

Ugh, that feeling when you go out for a drink with someone, and they are nice, and funny, and you like them, but there's no spark, and you just can't figure out how to tell them, so you agree to go on another date :/ Seems like he might be a solid friend though.

Noooooo, that's the worst :(

If I were him, I want you to tell me

I imagine they'd consider themselves gay about as much as they'd consider themselves straight. Honestly the added moniker of "gay" or "straight" for bisexual people probably just depends on which sub-culture they identify with the most. I know bisexuals who are socially involved in gay culture (like going to gay bars, being on Grindr, etc.) and sometimes call themselves gay because it's easier, but I know many other guys who are bi but seek straight relationships, and don't really know much about gay culture or expression. It really comes down to how you lean culturally, assuming you don't already have a gender preference. This is from my experience though.

[shameless plug] Oh and if you guys like pop music, feel free to participate in the POPGAF tournament, right now it's Beyonce vs Mariah Carey and they're even in votes. If you like one more than the other feel free to PM me your choice and I'll add it to the tally <3 [/shameless plug]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom