• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

RM8

i'm waiting for the announcement of region locked faceplates.

you know they'd do it!
Reggie: because certain faceplate designs might not be appropriate in some regions, we have implemented a region lock that prevents people from buying Nintendo products from a wrong region with the intention of improving the experience of our beloved customers. We'll be launching the New 3DS system with the following faceplates: black, dark black, light black, glossy black, very dark gray, and black with very dark and unsaturated "Arkham style" blue (targeted at kids).

Ty4on

Only black, no colorful buttons :( At least I can import any faceplate I want :p
I'm sure the buttons will be colored :p
snes_controller.png

Cuddler

And a lot of word plays :p

I can pretty much only make sentences with "fighting!" in them and the of a is b. I'd love to learn it, but one big issue I have is how similar all the sounds are when spoken quickly. I can hear all the imnida and isse-yo endings I once learned, but not much more.
You speak Korean? I wouldn't understand anything if it wasn't for the subtitles. I know some words and I've learned something watching and listening to some online videos/lessons but I already remember only few words.
I want the cute stocky one in the shirt and glasses. Adorable. You guys can fight over the skinny beefcake.
psh.
i'll take both with a side of fries
Sorry guys, you are too late. :p

I met that hot Argentinean guy last night once again, after about a month of our last meeting. The sex was great, we had dinner, cuddled, he showed me a game on his iPad and made me play, etc.

Damn, we always have a great time together :'(

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Anyone here watch Stranger by the Lake on Netflix? God bless the french for the gratuitous male full-frontal and seemingly non-simulated sex scenes, but dear god I freaking can't with that ending.
If you could even call that an ending.

Yeah, it was good. The sex scenes were unsimulated, but they used body doubles because the actors didn't want to do them.

The ending was disturbing and at first I didn't like it but it's one that definitely sticks with you and makes you think about it long afterwards. I was actually just thinking about it yesterday.

(Also I don't know if this is a French cinema thing, but the movie had no soundtrack to speak of. Definitely made things kinda off-putting, but given the film's subject-matter, it might have been intentional.)

It's not a French thing - like most films, French films have music, but sometimes they'll make a conscious choice not to use music in an effort to highlight the atmosphere.

Ty4on

You speak Korean? I wouldn't understand anything if it wasn't for the subtitles. I know some words and I've learned something watching and listening to some online videos/lessons but I already remember only few words.
Same as you. I can't understand any spoken Korean unless it is super simple. I learned a bit of Hangul trying to read names and because it was so easy I tried to learn Korean, but I only remember super basic stuff like 저는 타이볼르언 이에요. It looks cool, but is super basic and just means "I am Ty4on".

Yeah, it was good. The sex scenes were unsimulated, but they used body doubles because the actors didn't want to do them.

The ending was disturbing and at first I didn't like it but it's one that definitely sticks with you and makes you think about it long afterwards. I was actually just thinking about it yesterday.

It's not a French thing - like most films, French films have music, but sometimes they'll make a conscious choice not to use music in an effort to highlight the atmosphere.

Yeah it's weird it really felt like the movie had to sink in (even though it felt kinda bare and minimalist) upon viewing it. Like you said though, it sticks with you. Maybe
it's the way it delivers its "resolution" at the end that's making wanna go back and just, I dunno, find a way to put a neat little bow that tidies everything up.
I have to say though, I didn't find Michelle to be a knock-out. I mean, he looked nice and all, but I didn't get the sense that he'd be the one everyone at the lake would be fawning over. Personally I was way more about Frank.

Also, kinda related, but anyone watch Free Fall on netflix? Another queer flick, this one German. Kay was basically criminally stunning.
Oh god I might have a type now. @_@

Berordn

Also, kinda related, but anyone watch Free Fall on netflix? Another queer flick, this one German. Kay was basically criminally stunning.
Oh god I might have a type now. @_@

I saw that one! I actually liked it a lot even though I usually hate endings that basically have no resolution like it.

And yes Kay is illegal levels of adorable.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Yeah it's weird it really felt like the movie had to sink in (even though it felt kinda bare and minimalist) upon viewing it. Like you said though, it sticks with you. Maybe
it's the way it delivers its "resolution" at the end that's making wanna go back and just, I dunno, find a way to put a neat little bow that tidies everything up.

For sure

I have to say though, I didn't find Michelle to be a knock-out. I mean, he looked nice and all, but I didn't get the sense that he'd be the one everyone at the lake would be fawning over. Personally I was way more about Frank.

dat mustache

dat bod

dat coq

dat air of mysteriousness

Michelle mah gawd

I saw that one! I actually liked it a lot even though I usually hate endings that basically have no resolution like it.

And yes Kay is illegal levels of adorable.

The moment the ending happened, I started raging at how open it was, but then I felt like a film like that is maybe more about the ride and journey of it all (as sad as it all was) rather than the end-point.

Two bits that stuck with me:

• When
    Bettina started flailing her teeny arms at Marc while sobbing and breaking down about how she "can't even be properly jealous." My heart sank for her. She was such a sweet character.
  • Also when Kay, during his argument
    with Marc, professes that he "hasn't slept with anyone else!" The way he vulnerably confessed it like a desperate romantic gesture. It's like the most basic, non-brainer thing you should do in a relationship, but considering how disfunctional theirs' was, and how it made Marc breakdown and give in, made it feel like it carried more weight. (Or it's just that I'm dickmatized by Kay.)

For sure

dat mustache

dat bod

dat coq

dat air of mysteriousness

Michelle mah gawd

Haha, I get the appeal even if it didn't do the trick for me. He kinda reminds me of Sean from RPDR.

Golnei

I've seen too many attempted mustaches that misfired horribly and injured all in the immediate vicinity to not feel an instinctive unease at the concept. They can look great on some people, but they can go spectacularly wrong in so many ways on others.

Here I am, on my laptop even though I'm starting work in 6 hours, I need to get up in 5 hours, but I just can't bring myself to go to sleep. >_<
Been doing this for like a year, sleep for 3 hours, work, come home and sleep for an hour, and then repeat.
I just can't find a balance in life, I like my job but my boss says he can't give me permanent employment right now (I've worked there for 2 years), so I work by the hour, even though I'm the only one who knows our computer system and I'm practically doing three full time jobs.
I dunno how to bring myself out of this really. :(

Golnei

So who else hates "daddy" as a term of affection for your significant other? Especially, in the middle of a sex act.

I'm whiny and judgmental, so my opinion doesn't mean much, but I can't stand it. It reminds me too much of a certain genre of vaguely incestuous roleplaying of which I'm not all that fond, and carries heavy connotations of infantilisation which I'm generally uncomfortable with, though that's likely just a problem with me - it seems like a relatively common term of affection, and the fact it disturbs me so much might just be something I have to get over. Still not using it, though.

So who else hates "daddy" as a term of affection for your significant other? Especially, in the middle of a sex act.

It weirds me out because I associate it with a pedagogical power dynamic which I find really non-sexual. Actually I don't even like that kind of dynamic platonically either.

RM8

There's something weird about associating a father figure with sexual attraction, yeah. I mean, people probably don't mean that, but it's still a bit weird :p

Goldrush

Talking about gay movies on Netflix, make sure to catch Getting Go. It's like Weekend where it's not so much about the plot as it is just following the two leads' relationship.
Until the end where it tries to insert some half-ass conflict and message.
Also have a killer soundtrack.

Caladrius

I've met one too many child-molestation victims to ever be comfortable with using that or receiving that in any context.

Yeah, this sucks :/ I downloaded a pdf with a "body weight" strength plan sometime ago, but I never started it, lol. It'd be ideal, strength training without the need of equipment.

Same here. Always planning, but never doing.

There are some freeweight exercises you can do, but it's difficult to get the whole body that way. (And some of those freeweight exercises still require you to buy some gear.)

What sort of events would people want for an LGBTQ+ society? I've put my name forward to be a "Fresher's Rep" (admittedly I don't think I'll get it as I'm neither as sociable nor as experienced as some oters, but regardless, just in case) and part of the application is to create ideas for events. Currently, coffee mornings, film nights, trips to a local gay bar, occasional guest speakers, and social care hours are in place. On my application I've suggested LGBTQ+ Quizes (i.e. quizes on topics relating to the LGBTQ+ community), a triweekly book club (reading of material with an LGBTQ+ relation, be it fiction or factual), 'gaymes' night (video games and card games), safe-sex awareness campaign (either a bimonthly group visit to the on-campus STD clinic to try and get vastly reduced rates and provide a degree of 'support'), Same-Sex Marriage March (given that the same-sex marriage referendum is in a few months), and "Ally Awareness" in the form of a pizza-eating contest or something similar (to emphasise that hetereosexual individuals can join and don't need to be fearful about joining it). After that, I'm pretty stuck for ideas for events so would anybody here have any suggestions?

Caladrius

Fur is a big "no" from me for the most part.

I don't care for it on people, much less their clothing (well, that and I have ethical reservations about it)

What sort of events would people want for an LGBTQ+ society? I've put my name forward to be a "Fresher's Rep" (admittedly I don't think I'll get it as I'm neither as sociable nor as experienced as some oters, but regardless, just in case) and part of the application is to create ideas for events. Currently, coffee mornings, film nights, trips to a local gay bar, occasional guest speakers, and social care hours are in place. On my application I've suggested LGBTQ+ Quizes (i.e. quizes on topics relating to the LGBTQ+ community), a triweekly book club (reading of material with an LGBTQ+ relation, be it fiction or factual), 'gaymes' night (video games and card games), safe-sex awareness campaign (either a bimonthly group visit to the on-campus STD clinic to try and get vastly reduced rates and provide a degree of 'support'), Same-Sex Marriage March (given that the same-sex marriage referendum is in a few months), and "Ally Awareness" in the form of a pizza-eating contest or something similar (to emphasise that hetereosexual individuals can join and don't need to be fearful about joining it). After that, I'm pretty stuck for ideas for events so would anybody here have any suggestions?

Well you would be stuck for ideas after conceiving everything but the kitchen sink. ;p

Actually, what about cooking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom