• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gay death is over-rated (or is that "over-stated"?).

Getting older rocks! :)

Indeed it does. The no man's land between young and silver fox is depressing.

But look at what awaits you at the end of the tunnel.

kCbxByW.jpg

0pRVm16.jpg

RM8

I'm a 26 years old zombie and I'm not yet attracted to guys like those. BTW I feel exactly the same as when I wasn't dead, nothing has changed for better or worse :p

Colton ford video? Something!
Who is that the founder of the Ford Motor Company? Just kidding ya he's hot too.

Well, to be fair Farrah Fawcett Hair didn't really make much sense either. Still, I really liked both the original song and this video. They're both fun and catchy. And fuck me that one guy humping the floor during the part where Alaska says she likes Britney Spears, I never really cared for tube-socks before seeing that.

Lol yes, that guy. I guess we've noticed him round these parts before?

Yeah true.

I don't think so, I think I just phrased that strangely.

I didn't even know the original song until the bf linked me to it. It's pretty crap, but I at least liked this one for the queens and some of the guys. :p

Yeah. And to be fair this one has some funny moments in it, and I think Alaska looks fantastic.

I'm starting to think that I might not become a Buddhist monk after all. I'm used to Theravadins saying you won't get anywhere in your practice unless you ordain, but I'm thinking it might not be so simple after all. Maybe now I can actually start thinking about a career/what else I would do with my life lol. </livejournal>

Ty4on

I'm starting to think that I might not become a Buddhist monk after all. I'm used to Theravadins saying you won't get anywhere in your practice unless you ordain, but I'm thinking it might not be so simple after all. Maybe now I can actually start thinking about a career/what else I would do with my life lol. </livejournal>
Isn't doubting the path you've taken for some time wonderful :/

Kinda fitting i'm listening to a podcast about quitting and the sunk cost fallacy right now.

Edit: And in what universe are 29 year olds daddies in gay slang? :p

Isn't doubting the path you've taken for some time wonderful :/

Kinda fitting i'm listening to a podcast about quitting and the sunk cost fallacy right now.

Edit: and in what universe are 29 year olds daddies in gay slang?

Yeah :p It actually feels okay this time, since as I've gradually been becoming more "mentally healthy" my motivations have been becoming more sincere.

Once I've actually sunk some costs as far as education goes ($$$) my attitude will probably be less easy-going :p

Ty4on

Yeah :p It actually feels okay this time, since as I've gradually been becoming more "mentally healthy" my motivations have been becoming more sincere.

Once I've actually sunk some costs as far as education goes ($$$) my attitude will probably be less easy-going :p
Costs with the education or living costs?

I'm quite optimistic so failing isn't that big of a deal to me, but right now I'm wondering what path is right to me and if I can even finish an education with the study routines I have.

Costs with the education or living costs?

I'm quite optimistic so failing isn't that big of a deal to me, but right now I'm wondering what path is right to me and if I can even finish an education with the study routines I have.

The cost of education mostly, though I guess it's not too bad here compared to the States, it still seems like a bit of a racket.

My study habits are pretty poor, too. I remember it being pretty easy to get Cs though. But I guess if I want to get into grad school or something I probably need to do better than that.

VegiHam

Hey guys, remember my friend I was concerned about? Well I ran into him in a club tonight. Which was a little awkward seeing as we had plans today to meet and he didn't even bother to actually cancel on me, just never contacted at all. Turns out the best he can do for an excuse is 'my girlfriend's friend had a problem'. Which is a total slap in the face cus A) I was unaware he had a girlfriend B) He's been seeing her for less than a month but somehow her friend's problems are super important to him and C) I haven't so much as a text to explain any of this until I ran into him.

So yeah. I'm just super angry right now I kinda feel like this whole 'having friends and dealing with other people' thing is a total waste of my time tbh.

...at least YoungBlade had a good birthday. That's good.

Ty4on

The cost of education mostly, though I guess it's not too bad here compared to the States, it still seems like a bit of a racket.

My study habits are pretty poor, too. I remember it being pretty easy to get Cs though. But I guess if I want to get into grad school or something I probably need to do better than that.
I officially pay 500 NOK or 86 CAD for each semester and even 50% of the student loan is covered if you complete the exams so things are different here...

My best grade in Uni so far is a C ;_;
High school was a wall Cs (technically 4s) though.

Hey guys, remember my friend I was concerned about? Well I ran into him in a club tonight. Which was a little awkward seeing as we had plans today to meet and he didn't even bother to actually cancel on me, just never contacted at all. Turns out the best he can do for an excuse is 'my girlfriend's friend had a problem'. Which is a total slap in the face cus A) I was unaware he had a girlfriend B) He's been seeing her for less than a month but somehow her friend's problems are super important to him and C) I haven't so much as a text to explain any of this until I ran into him.

So yeah. I'm just super angry right now I kinda feel like this whole 'having friends and dealing with other people' thing is a total waste of my time tbh.

Getting angry at/because of people that don't really give a shit is probably expending too much energy. That's kind of a glib response, but there are a lot of people in the world that are like that and it's not really worth losing stride over.

I officially pay 500 NOK or 86 CAD for each semester and even 50% of the student loan is covered if you complete the exams so things are different here...

My best grade in Uni so far is a C ;_;
High school was a wall Cs (technically 4s) though.

I want to live in Norway (and not just for that reason)! :p

What classes were you taking? I think my memory might be selecting for the classes I actually kind of liked (like English Lit, Philosophy, Religious Studies, lol), I think a C in Stats or Chemistry wouldn't be easy to pull off.

Yeah, dude's avoiding you.. don't worry though, you still have your LGBTGaf friends!

VegiHam

Getting angry at/because of people that don't really give a shit is probably expending too much energy. That's kind of a glib response, but there are a lot of people in the world that are like that and it's not really worth losing stride over.
Yeah, dude's avoiding you.. don't worry though, you still have your LGBTGaf friends!
I know I shouldn't let it get to me but it's just illogical. We were super close last year but I come back to Uni and it's like even though I've done nothing I'm getting treated like shit? Why? :(

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

link

I officially pay 500 NOK or 86 CAD for each semester and even 50% of the student loan is covered if you complete the exams

wait

you only pay 86 dollars per semester? for college?

wat

why would you even need student loans if its that cheap

I know I shouldn't let it get to me but it's just illogical. We were super close last year but I come back to Uni and it's like even though I've done nothing I'm getting treated like shit? Why? :(

he realized he had intense sexual feelings for you but since he considered himself to be straight up until that point, it scared him. so that's why he's avoiding you.

VegiHam

he realized he had intense sexual feelings for you but since he considered himself to be straight up until that point, it scared him. so that's why he's avoiding you.
Haha. Um, I appreciate the attempt Ratsky but in this particular context that's like super not funny.

...made me laugh though.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
He found pussy and he's cutting the hours he spends with his friends to dote on her. You're just not at the forefront of his mind like she is now.

It's a shitty situation for you to be in, but I can get why he's doing this.

Ty4on

I want to live in Norway (and not just for that reason)! :p

What classes were you taking? I think my memory might be selecting for the classes I actually kind of liked (like English Lit, Philosophy, Religious Studies, lol), I think a C in Stats or Chemistry wouldn't be easy to pull off.
It's actually a C in philosophy for sciences :p
It should have been better. It was an easy course and I discussed other (more interesting :p ) stuff with my teacher, but wrote a bad piece and didn't study all the curriculum. I did learn about the Chinese machine, but with stuff like that I find it very hard to extract my thoughts into words.

I'm taking chemistry and have tried some math physics and computer science along with it, but it quickly turns too abstract. My motivation is also a very bad multitasker :/

Norway is pretty neat for the most part, but I'd love to try living somewhere else and learn a new language and culture.

Edit:
wait

you only pay 86 dollars per semester? for college?

wat

why would you even need student loans if its that cheap
Public higher education is free here. Quite common in Europe.

I need student loans for living costs. I work part time, but not enough to cover my rent and food. Rent especially is quite expensive here with a lack of housing. I was lucky, but it's still half of my expenses.

VegiHam

He found pussy and he's cutting the hours he spends with his friends to dote on her. You're just not at the forefront of his mind like she is now.

It's a shitty situation for you to be in, but I can get why he's doing this.
Understandable. But I mean a total lack of manners entirely is unforgivable. I'd understand not having the time to hang out but being that rude and inconsiderate is inexcusable.

I'm not mad about cancelled plans but not even bothering to cancel? He's lucky I didn't punch him.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Understandable. But I mean a total lack of manners entirely is unforgivable. I'd understand not having the time to hang out but being that rude and inconsiderate is inexcusable.

Oh yes, I'm in no way excusing him. It's a dick move anyway you look at it.

Caladrius

Happy Mirthday senor Youngblade!

I'm not mad about cancelled plans but not even bothering to cancel? He's lucky I didn't punch him.

Same thing happened to me just a month ago. I know the pain.

It was supposed to be my going-away visit too. The putz had to put up with me for an hour and would never have to see me again but he didn't even have the spine to make an excuse beforehand (which I gave him more than enough leeway to make).

Golnei

It must be really frustrating - a shame you don't have any mutual friends, because it'd probably be a relief to know if he's ignoring everyone else equally.

Edit: And in what universe are 29 year olds daddies in gay slang? :p

I hate the term, but isn't it usually used based on body type rather than age?

VegiHam

Oh yes, I'm in no way excusing him. It's a dick move anyway you look at it.
It must be really frustrating - a shame you don't have any mutual friends, because it'd probably be a relief to know if he's ignoring everyone else equally.
Yeah, it is frustrating and a dick move. I mean I'm sure I'll get an apology eventually and I'll probably forgive him but I'm mad right now. My housemates have all just come home wasted though so I'm distracting myself with babysitting.
Same thing happened to me just a month ago. I know the pain.

It was supposed to be my going-away visit too. The putz had to put up with me for an hour and would never have to see me again but he didn't even have the spine to make an excuse beforehand (which I gave him more than enough leeway to make).
Oh wow dude, I feel bad for complaining now that's way worse!
Totally sucks, you didn't deserve that.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Happy Birthday YB. Remember to listen your daily dose of Natalia Kills "Trouble" and Lana Del Rey "Ultraviolence"!

Caladrius

Yeah, it is frustrating and a dick move. I mean I'm sure I'll get an apology eventually and I'll probably forgive him but I'm mad right now. My housemates have all just come home wasted though so I'm distracting myself with babysitting.

Oh wow dude, I feel bad for complaining now that's way worse!
Totally sucks, you didn't deserve that.

Nah, that doesn't make your problem any less legitimate.
He was a bad influence anyway.
And this gives me full license to treat him like a sex object.

VegiHam

Nah, that doesn't make your problem any less legitimate.
He was a bad influence anyway.
And this gives me full license to treat him like a sex object.
Hey, you're right, there's an advantage! ;)
I'm going to get some sleep. Thanks for the support everyone and I'm sorry for using the community to just whine about things :p

daripad

My copy of SSB is paid now. Hype building very quickly. I'll probably skip work this Friday :3

My hype has been deflating, I don't even know if I'll have time to play the game :S
doesn't help that the WiiU version has the best looking stages so far

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
daddies everywhere

and thanks guys! I actually ended up having a pretty good day
i'm already 17, i need to change this damn username lol

YoungAdultBlade

My hype has been deflating, I don't even know if I'll have time to play the game :S

Think of the match ups vs gaffers while you chill comfy in bed.

Berordn

doesn't help that the 3DS version has a shitty stage roster period

i'm still stupidly hyped for it, but i felt it deflate a bit when it was clear that was the final one

RM8

3DS version is probably funding the WiiU version :p Plus it's SSB on the go! Best version as far as I'm concerned. Ice Climbers were annoying with their infinite chaingrabs anyway, and Duck Hunt is an even more WTF NES throwback.

Oh god a repeat of high school is happening in college. A bunch of kids in my Japanese class think I like this girl who I've been friends with since freshman year. A few of them constantly asking if I like her. -_-

Caladrius

3DS version is probably funding the WiiU version :p Plus it's SSB on the go! Best version as far as I'm concerned. Ice Climbers were annoying with their infinite chaingrabs anyway, and Duck Hunt is an even more WTF NES throwback.

3DS version provides no incentive to buy the WiiU one in the first place for 80% of the consumer base. The decision to release both of them within a year of each other was a bad idea.

And the Ice Climbers shouldn't be blamed for their opponent leaving themselves open to grabbing.

Rayis

They should just have left Smash Bros on home consoles but no, Iwata wanted a 3DS Smash, it forced me to buy a 3DS and that's like the first portable console I've ever owned.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Public higher education is free here. Quite common in Europe.

I need student loans for living costs. I work part time, but not enough to cover my rent and food. Rent especially is quite expensive here with a lack of housing. I was lucky, but it's still half of my expenses.

can i live with you in norway

we dont have to have a physical relationship if you don't want to

I hate the term, but isn't it usually used based on body type rather than age?

its based on age, not body type

Oh god a repeat of high school is happening in college. A bunch of kids in my Japanese class think I like this girl who I've been friends with since freshman year. A few of them constantly asking if I like her. -_-

just tell them youre into some other girl then

Hey hey GayGAF! Been traveling a lot lately and haven't had time to post. Currently at Microsoft for a conference and they have an open bar :) Thanks Mr Gates!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom