• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golnei

The erasure of lesbians is kind of disgusting to see in media, seeing as it builds on that lovely idea that sex is only legitimate if it involves a man in some way, and uses it to justify the belief that any relationship with a woman isn't 'real sex', something they'll grow out of (antagonistic 'lesbian ex-girlfriend' characters in particular, who can't accept that a female lead has grown up and entered into a 'real' relationship with the straight white male protagonist), or an accessory / fetish welcome for use by any random man (so do u guys do threesomes lol), similar to how all bi women are immediately assumed to be straight but fishing for the attention of guys.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Huh.

Lesbians are super common on TV, in my experience. Maybe not quite as common as gay men, but they're certainly not invisible like bi people are.

A good example of their horrible portrayal is in that MTV show called Faking It.
season finale spoilers:
One guy wants to "Turns Lesbians straight" and the show never does anything to prove that it doesn't support this idea.
The lesbian of the show ends up having sex with that guy in the season finale.

Dany

Banned
Is there a more recent report? Cause it feels like the number of lesbians has increased since then.

arWYu2N.png

qY4NfJ1.png

Really interesting graphs

Here's the article

http://issuu.com/glaad/docs/2013wwatv

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
What, what are the straight characters supposed to be?

red13th

Just saw Les Miz on Broadway, amazing as expected. I took a picture with Ramin Karimloo and I got to touch him. I'm the happiest person in the world right now!

Anyone grab any of the Willam, Alaska or Courtney American Apparel shirts?

I was gonna grab the Alaska one but everything was sold out. I managed to grab the Courtney shirt though. Don't really know how AA shirts fit (or if they shrink or not) but here's to hoping a small will be fine. :p

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
What's the difference between partnered and in a relationship?
Hrm.

In a relationship would be the most clear. It would indicate that the person is in a relationship with someone else.

Partnered may mean that the person is with someone else (like a duo) looking for a third party. The two of them may not be in an actual relationship, however.

Although partnered could also mean that they're "boyfriends/husbands" and looking for a third party, I still think that "relationship" would be the key word.

Hot guys but....

The video confuses me.

It's pretty dumb. I guess they're advertising american apparel tshirts with their likenesses on them. The video doesn't really make any sense.

Well, to be fair Farrah Fawcett Hair didn't really make much sense either. Still, I really liked both the original song and this video. They're both fun and catchy. And fuck me that one guy humping the floor during the part where Alaska says she likes Britney Spears, I never really cared for tube-socks before seeing that.

Lol yes, that guy. I guess we've noticed him round these parts before?

Deffo the best part of England. I'm in a city with no football team which is amazing for me cus I hate football crowds. Instead we have roman ruins and amazing shopping and restaurants. I came out after a few weeks here
on my birthday, it was my present to myself
cus it felt safe to do it and it's made things so much easier than school ever was because I haven't had to be so garded.

So is your sexuality like totally secret or do you have any friends who know and stuff? If you don't mind me asking.

And it is now tomorrow in my timezone so...
HAPPY BETWEEN FIVE AND EIGHT HOURS DEPENDING ON YOUR LOCATION AND DAYLIGHT SAVINGS SYSTEM UNTIL YOUR BIRTHDAY TO YOU
NO LONGER QUITE AS
YOUNGBLADE!
Hope you have an amazing day in any way possible!
this is so nice omg... it's still not my birthday in my timezone but it's close. If it were up to me I'd just stay home and blog/play videogames/listen to music on my speakers but my best (and pretty much only? lol) friend said I HAD to go to school. so yeah lol, thanks again!

daripad

this is so nice omg... it's still not my birthday in my timezone but it's close. If it were up to me I'd just stay home and blog/play videogames/listen to music on my speakers but my best (and pretty much only? lol) friend said I HAD to go to school. so yeah lol, thanks again!

¡Feliz cumpleaños YB! I hope you have a beautiful day today and you get to meet new people to celebrate with :)

VegiHam

Assuming it's your birthday now, seeing as it's 9 AM here, happy birthday!

And yes you have to go to school. Does your friend go there too? I'm sure they'll hang with ya on your birthday. Mind you skipping to play videogames is always really fun...

looking at my (short) list of gay friends, i realised that theyre all old bfs; who all happen to live in another city/country.

Whats the best way to meet new people who are gay? All the bars around are just fronts for crusing, and most online websites are for guys looking to get laid.

Grakl

Public transportation is fucking me over today, boo.

looking at my (short) list of gay friends, i realised that theyre all old bfs; who all happen to live in another city/country.

Whats the best way to meet new people who are gay? All the bars around are just fronts for crusing, and most online websites are for guys looking to get laid.
Do a hobby, find others with that hobby and meet up with them, find gays that happen to like said hobby.

Public transportation is fucking me over today, boo.

Mhm, same here~ The bus didn't arrive, I was late to College, and the later bus had a rather violent, aggressive bus driver who didn't really care for the right of way that other drivers had. I genuinely thought that he was going to crash us.

Grakl

Mhm, same here~ The bus didn't arrive, I was late to College, and the later bus had a rather violent, aggressive bus driver who didn't really care for the right of way that other drivers had. I genuinely thought that he was going to crash us.
Yup, my bus didn't arrive either. And then the subway is delayed quite a bit. I have class that started a quarter hour ago and I have an exam tomorrow, so I really wanted to make it on time to review.

Yup, my bus didn't arrive either. And then the subway is delayed quite a bit. I have class that started a quarter hour ago and I have an exam tomorrow, so I really wanted to make it on time to review.
Well, I had heavy traffic to the train station and then I learn that someone earlier at the station that I get off at someone got hit by a train and died. So that sucks. ;(

Grakl

Happy birthgay!

Well, I had heavy traffic to the train station and then I learn that someone earlier at the station that I get off at someone got hit by a train and died. So that sucks. ;(

Damn, yeah, that sucks.

Ick. Please do continue to stay safe around railways, folks.

On a lighter note, happy birthday, Youngblade! Have a nice one~

Holy shit guys thank you all so much!!
I'm feeling better than yesterday so hopefully I'll have a good day today :)
thanks again guys I appreciate the birthday wishes <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom