• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dany

Banned
My current health status

tumblr_nctwf49Kao1rby04wo1_250.gif

Golnei

It is - though I'm only really familiar with her Zelda / general Nintendo stuff and a couple of one-off comic things like Pretty Boy, and haven't looked at Omori beyond the surface.

Why do you not like goofy faces? They are cute imo

I guess some can be cute, but the ones in that photoset just look douchey.

Ironic duckface falls somewhere between the two.

It's actually a C in philosophy for sciences :p
It should have been better. It was an easy course and I discussed other (more interesting :p ) stuff with my teacher, but wrote a bad piece and didn't study all the curriculum. I did learn about the Chinese machine, but with stuff like that I find it very hard to extract my thoughts into words.

I'm taking chemistry and have tried some math physics and computer science along with it, but it quickly turns too abstract. My motivation is also a very bad multitasker :/

Norway is pretty neat for the most part, but I'd love to try living somewhere else and learn a new language and culture.

The Chinese Room is cool. I learned about it in a first year Metaphysics class. I've never taken a Philosophy of Science class though, I thought it might be a cool subject, but also maybe kind of mind-bending in a way. Like I'm taking an Epistemology class right now and it should be really frustrating, but I find if I can place the subject into some abstract/theoretical space separated from a need to 'figure it out' definitively and it can just exist in a bubble of uncertainty, I don't become dismayed at not knowing what 'knowledge' is and I can kind of have fun shifting perspectives or playing with it, but I think once it becomes an 'applied' subject like philosophy of science it might become a different kind of weird because it's a philosophy serving as a foundation of something that people actually go out into the world and do :p

I know what you mean about expressing complex ideas, I don't think that I really think in words or anything, it kind of seems like people who can express ideas or arguments really clearly are probably a lot more rational than I am. I'm kind of used to just swallowing concepts intuitively, which is great at making me feel like I understand stuff, but not tripping over myself when I actually have to explain it is entirely different.

I don't think anyone is a good multi-tasker to be honest, but I'm pretty bad at budgeting my time which I guess if you want school to be relatively painless, it's definitely a good skill to have.

I know what you mean about foreign cultures. I've been getting obsessed with Chinese culture, lately, mostly because it's just so freaking old and complex. I've been really wanting to move to China or Hong Kong or something.

Off topic: applied for a job at Apple retail. Got called in for an interview seminar in store. Strange experience. Sitting at a table being watched by 12 blue shirts taking notes on iPads. Thought I did well. Got a rejection email. One of the strangest experiences ever.

Smash is upon us and the hype is so intense its going to destroy me
BFSpeDw.gif

Off topic: applied for a job at Apple retail. Got called in for an interview seminar in store. Strange experience. Sitting at a table being watched by 12 blue shirts taking notes on iPads. Thought I did well. Got a rejection email. One of the strangest experiences ever.
Ouch, that is a very odd experience indeed. How many people were there too, since you say it was a interview seminar i assume it was more than just you unless they talked to people one by one.

dock

Do crossdressers fall under the LGBTX fold? It's not an identity or sexuality aspect, but it is subject to some of the same prejudice.

Art, I believe I forgot to give you my 3DS FC. It's 3582 8385 4667. Fight me 1v1 breh. (And send me yours again :p)

The offer applies to anyone else that wants to play some smash.

jdforge

Banned
Heartbroken, no-one to talk to and don't know what to do. 5 year relationship over and a few days ago I discover he's on Grindr.

Confronted him about it he denies it (lies as I know 100% it's him) and he's just acting as if he doesn't give a fuck. He says he is fine and totally unaffected by the break up, while I feel my whole world has been torn apart.

Fuck this is such a bad and horrible feeling.

Heartbroken, no-one to talk to and don't know what to do. 5 year relationship over and a few days ago I discover he's on Grindr.

Confronted him about it he denies it (lies as I know 100% it's him) and he's just acting as if he doesn't give a fuck. He says he is fine and totally unaffected by the break up, while I feel my whole world has been torn apart.

I'm seriously sorry to hear that man... I know it might seem like your world is torn apart but it's really not. You will be able to move on from this and you will become stronger because of this. No one should have to go through this kind of pain, remember that you have this thread to vent in.

Dany

Banned

I am sorry you two broken up but you were on grindr too. People cope with breakups differently. One thing you both need is space. Do not talk or contact him.

Kater

Banned
Just watched a first bit of Gameplay of Alien Isolation and holy spaghetti monster does the Alien look terrifying.

We have two kitties, technically.

This is kai pretending to be a roll of paper towels.

img_0047vcup5.jpg

This is Oliver who won't return my kisses

Cute! :3

I'm really sorry to hear that :-(

If you're up to it, try to surround yourself with friends for the time being, just to keep your mind off things. Unfortunately in this case (as in most) time heals all wounds.

Vazduh

michaeltraps, glad to see you back :)

Even if your ex admitted to being on Grindr, what would that possibly change? He's not cheating if the two of you broke up, even if it's only been a couple of days since that. People cope with breakups in various ways, some are like your ex in the sense that they immediately start sleeping around, while some retreat to themselves.
The situation is still fresh and it sucks to imagine your ex being with someone else, but that's how it is, you can't do anything about it, except to stay classy and leave him be. Especially if you want to stay on good terms with him in the future.

The most important thing right now is to give yourself time. Grieve, but also try to acknowledge that the relationship is over, and that it probably ended for a good reason. The sooner you're able to acknowledge that, the sooner you'll start to heal, but of course, it'll take some time. It will get better, though, it always does. Stay strong.

jdforge

Banned
I am sorry you two broken up but you were on grindr too. People cope with breakups differently. One thing you both need is space. Do not talk or contact him.

I don't know who you are so I've no idea how you're able to make such wild assumptions.

Sorry to hear that needlejuice, hang in there, time will make things better.

Art, I believe I forgot to give you my 3DS FC. It's 3582 8385 4667. Fight me 1v1 breh. (And send me yours again :p)

The offer applies to anyone else that wants to play some smash.

Added you breh! My FC is 4124-5069-5561. Anyone who wants to smash add me.

Gawd my thumb hurts lol... Can't wait for the Wii U version.

Dany

Banned
I don't know who you are so I've no idea how you're able to make such wild assumptions.

You didn't provide enough context for me to know how you found out he was on grindr, that you're talking to him enough to confront him.

I don't know any way to end a relationship completely without all contact being severed. It makes it easier for me at least to cope.

jdforge

Banned
I'm not on it but I know he is along with other sites. And he was on these before the break up.

We still talk and there were mistakes made on my part - mostly broken promises. But I am just not able to walk away. I still love him and want to try and fix the issues rather than bail.

Basically I've let him down when he needed me and he's decided he's had enough. It feels really bad to know this was avoidable.

Rayis

I don't know how I managed to miss that calf thread posted a few days ago but holy shit at everyone posting pics there

anigif_enhanced-buzz-27986-1373055506-0.gif

dock

Hello all. Recently came out as a crossdresser to a lot of my real-life and trusted online folk..

I don't really know how I could ever come out publicly without it inviting persecution from people that follow me for my career work, and I'm not keen to deal with it with my family either. I'm very tall, quite broad and a bit overweight, so I don't really pass either.

A couple of recent pics: here and
here

SPESSMEHREN

Neo Member
So um guys. There's a really cute guy I like that I've been seeing around lately (he's a photographer for the school so he's at a lot of events I cover for the newspaper). I was able to confirm through Facebook stalking that he's bi.

what do I do now? I haven't actually talked to him yet, but he'll probably be at an event I'm covering tomorrow. i dont know how to proceed... i've never done any of this before :(

Hello all. Recently came out as a crossdresser to a lot of my real-life and trusted online folk..

I don't really know how I could ever come out publicly without it inviting persecution from people that follow me for my career work, and I'm not keen to deal with it with my family either. I'm very tall, quite broad and a bit overweight, so I don't really pass either.

here

is that your real hair because it looks amazing. and so do you!

So um guys. There's a really cute guy I like that I've been seeing around lately (he's a photographer for the school so he's at a lot of events I cover for the newspaper). I was able to confirm through Facebook stalking that he's bi.

what do I do now? I haven't actually talked to him yet, but he'll probably be at an event I'm covering tomorrow. i dont know how to proceed... i've never done any of this before :(

ask him if he wants you to be his nick jonas and do a spread for his shoot.

Dany

Banned

Are you gay? I mean ask him to hang out for a coffee date go walking around campus.

Sai-kun

Banned

here

goddamn you look awesome! welcome to the thread! you're absolutely welcome in here :)

I'm not on it but I know he is along with other sites. And he was on these before the break up.

We still talk and there were mistakes made on my part - mostly broken promises. But I am just not able to walk away. I still love him and want to try and fix the issues rather than bail.

Basically I've let him down when he needed me and he's decided he's had enough. It feels really bad to know this was avoidable.

Sorry to hear about the breakup, but him being on Grindr after you guys broke up isn't an entirely fucked up thing. Seems pretty normal to me, actually.

Also if he's had enough, it's probably best for both of you to just stop talking.

Grizzo

here

You look great and your avi is also really cute! Welcome aboard!

here

Wow~ You certainly rock that look! Do keep at it~

Well, elaborate a little bit, dearie... Do you know him well enough, and does he know you well enough, too?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

here

you're a knockout!

here

Wow, you look great! It's cool to see someone pulling crossdressing so well, because I tend to see some... Odd choices around here. Yyyyep.

By the by, my 3DS feels alone and is HUNGRY for Friend Codes now that I have Smash Bros~~ I'll just leave my code here casually in case someone goes cruising (?) and sees it.
3780-9087-7247

But enough with OffTopic >.< it seems my class is like handsome guys heaven (qell, something like that) and LOTS of them are gay/bisexual/whatevers, so it's like using Grindr without awkward dick pics.

You aren't on :(

Haha, I passed out =P... it has been a really tiring week, my uni messed ep and now I might have to quit and start again next year. I'm really bummed out as I had so much fun.

here

Welcome! And overweight? You hella cray, you look great!

Wow, you look great! It's cool to see someone pulling crossdressing so well, because I tend to see some... Odd choices around here. Yyyyep.

By the by, my 3DS feels alone and is HUNGRY for Friend Codes now that I have Smash Bros~~ I'll just leave my code here casually in case someone goes cruising (?) and sees it.
3780-9087-7247

But enough with OffTopic >.< it seems my class is like handsome guys heaven (qell, something like that) and LOTS of them are gay/bisexual/whatevers, so it's like using Grindr without awkward dick pics.

Added you, add me too! Code is on my profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom