• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor Courtney.

iTMsPfFM9qkSe.gif

Berordn

They should just have left Smash Bros on home consoles but no, Iwata wanted a 3DS Smash, it forced me to buy a 3DS and that's like the first portable console I've ever owned.

I've never been against the idea of portable Smash, I just hate the idea that the console version has to be pared down to the portable one. They're already doing their own things for the majority of the content, they might as well have done the same for characters.

Some of the changes are coincidentally good (Zelda & Shiek separation, three Pikmin) but the dumb ones where it's penalizing one of the versions for parity when they're already different games is just dumb.

But ah well, I've said my bit on this a few times and it's not changing.

RM8

3DS version provides no incentive to buy the WiiU one in the first place for 80% of the consumer base. The decision to release both of them within a year of each other was a bad idea.
In reality, WiiU will never "take off" and Nintendo knows this. Mario Kart 8 did great but WiiU is clearly going to be a Saturn / TurboGrafx-16 / Dreamcast console numbers-wise (and they were pretty cool systems! :p I love my WiiU as well). The 3DS version of SSB is making bank right now in Japan, and separating them a lot would harm the hype for the later version so they might as well release them together and ride each other's hype. In the end, there's no way SSB was going to make more money as a WiiU exclusive, since it's not going to make WiiU numbers skyrocket suddenly.

Also, yes, we lost the ICs but the roster is still huge and really interesting! I want to main tons of characters :p

They should just have left Smash Bros on home consoles but no, Iwata wanted a 3DS Smash, it forced me to buy a 3DS and that's like the first portable console I've ever owned.
That's a good thing! Handhelds > consoles, it has never been the other way around :p

Caladrius

I felt high the entire day even though I didn't take anything after yesterday.

Or maybe I've just gone insane.

I've never been against the idea of portable Smash, I just hate the idea that the console version has to be pared down to the portable one. They're already doing their own things for the majority of the content, they might as well have done the same for characters.

But ah well, I've said my bit on this a few times and it's not changing.

This is mostly how I feel about it (I plan on spending a good deal of time on both versions). I'd be much happier if they were completely separate games that got more individual attention and time in the oven.

In reality, WiiU will never "take off" and Nintendo knows this. Mario Kart 8 did great but WiiU is clearly going to be a Saturn / TurboGrafx-16 / Dreamcast console numbers-wise (and they were pretty cool systems! :p I love my WiiU as well). The 3DS version of SSB is making bank right now in Japan, and separating them a lot would harm the hype for the later version so they might as well release them together and ride each other's hype. In the end, there's no way SSB was going to make more money as a WiiU exclusive, since it's not going to make WiiU numbers skyrocket suddenly.

That's a good thing! Handhelds > consoles, it has never been the other way around :p

Just because they're writing something off as a loss doesn't mean that they shouldn't attempt to minimize it.

Tell me why an uninformed customer who purchased the 3DS version less than 3 months ago would want to purchase the WiiU version? On the surface they're nearly identical (and indeed, share the same mechanics and characters) and no amount of begging from the kids is going to make 360$US/[insert regional price here] for a similar game not look like a horrific deal. That isn't "riding the hype wave"; That's internal competition because the 3DS version disincentivizes the purchase of the WiiU one. The very presence of a version on the market for a cheaper console more people own severely damages the profitability of the WiiU one.

They should not have released the 3DS version several months before the WiiU version, they should not have even announced the 3DS version until at least several months after the WiiU version (and developed solely for the WiiU first to make sure they could get that one in time for the holiday season, before anyone says anything about that).

It was entirely possible to make both versions and make the WiiU version significantly more successful (and by extension decreasing their losses on the WiiU itself) but they threw that out for short-term profit for a console that's already been doing well for itself and is winding down to the N3DS.

As for your response to Rayis: Sega Nomad

Happy Birthday YoungBlade~ :D

Indeed it does. The no man's land between young and silver fox is depressing.

But look at what awaits you at the end of the tunnel.

kCbxByW.jpg

0pRVm16.jpg
I disagree with you about "no man's land" (I don't think that's a thing), but who on Earth are these beautiful gentlemen you posted???

DAMN.

Is it too late for me to turn straight?

You've made a powerful enemy today.

Happy Birthday YoungBlade~ :D

I disagree with you about "no man's land" (I don't think that's a thing), but who on Earth are these beautiful gentlemen you posted???

DAMN.

Its only a thing in my mind. You're not one or the other. But as for their identities I do not know. I call them Mrs. Escape Goat #1 and Mrs. Escape Goat #2.

daripad

Think of the match ups vs gaffers while you chill comfy in bed.

I will be able to do that with the WiiU and on a bigger screen with better graphics and better bottons :p

doesn't help that the 3DS version has a shitty stage roster period

i'm still stupidly hyped for it, but i felt it deflate a bit when it was clear that was the final one

My approach with the 3DS version will be to unlock everything, get all or most challanges and once the WiiU version comes out it will be just to play on public transportation so I can practice for once Fridays comes and I have time to play the WiiU game.

RM8

I played Brawl competitively and even made some money :p The last tourney I attended was back in January, but I'm probably quite rusty now (I mostly play USFIV right now).

Caladrius

Debating whether or not to go to the Smash 3DS midnight launch. I have loads of time but not loads of patience.

Here are some new photos of Nick Jonas for Flaunt magazine.

He'd be attractive if he wasn't making those incredibly douchey facial expressions.

Arrogance instantly turns my sexual arousal into a desire to punch a man in the face.

Berordn

Debating whether or not to go to the Smash 3DS midnight launch. I have loads of time but not loads of patience.

If you don't have any hangups about Nintendo's digital account system, I'd say that DD at 9PM PST is the way to go. Get it three hours early and avoid the lines!

HylianTom

Banned
He'd be attractive if he wasn't making those incredibly douchey facial expressions.

Arrogance instantly turns my sexual arousal into a desire to punch a man in the face.

Yup. He'd need to be put in his place, made to submit, and left begging for more.

What am I saying?!

I had no idea Nick Jonas was so hot. I guess I never paid attention to them, but daaamn. I do agree his faces are goofy, but the rest of him...
yum. So thirsty.

Yup. He'd need to be put in his place, made to submit, and left begging for more.

What am I saying?!

What you said was way hotter than it should have been, lol.

HylianTom

Banned
I had no idea Nick Jonas was so hot. I guess I never paid attention to them, but daaamn. I do agree his faces are goofy, but the rest of him...
yum. So thirsty.

What you said was way hotter than it should have been, lol.
I have that streak in me. Especially if the guy comes off as arrogant.

Just saw the ass shot. It reminds me of a neighbor we used to have. He didn't know it, but we called him "Dimples." We saw him moving in to the apartment next-door, and at one point he took his shirt off so that all he was wearing as his basketball shorts. Cute guy all-around, great bod.

Greg went out to introduce himself, as he does with all neighbors, and Dimples (with his back turned to me) didn't realize that I had come out of our front door to join them. So I stood there behind him and admired him. And those little dimples on his lower back. Greg knew what I was doing, and just kept him distracted while I continued to admire, until I got tired a few minutes later and spoke-up to intro myself.

Later on, he told me that he had to fight from laughing or smiling, or just giving me away im general. We're a good team like that, lol

Caladrius

If you don't have any hangups about Nintendo's digital account system, I'd say that DD at 9PM PST is the way to go. Get it three hours early and avoid the lines!

I only buy digital (for any platform, though it goes double for Nintendo platforms) if I already own a physical copy or if physical isn't available. Sadly I can't afford a second copy at the moment. (Dern'd animu figures done got my wallet bad)

What am I saying?!

Well dirty, angry sex wouldn't be out of the question.

LOCK

Just saw the ass shot. It reminds me of a neighbor we used to have. He didn't know it, but we called him "Dimples." We saw him moving in to the apartment next-door, and at one point he took his shirt off so that all he was wearing as his basketball shorts. Cute guy all-around, great bod.

Greg went out to introduce himself, as he does with all neighbors, and Dimples (with his back turned to me) didn't realize that I had come out of our front door to join them. So I stood there behind him and admired him. And those little dimples on his lower back. Greg knew what I was doing, and just kept him distracted while I continued to admire, until I got tired a few minutes later and spoke-up to intro myself.

Later on, he told me that he had to fight from laughing or smiling, or just giving me away im general. We're a good team like that, lol
You guys sound perfect.

lol, that's pretty awesome. Great team indeed! :)

You guys sound perfect.

Seriously, they are!

Not at all, but we're pretty good at conspiring to perve, haha.. :p

But that's what makes you guys perfect! :p :D

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
did your pout suck in your eyes too also why isn't your wall completely painted. i can't with that spot unfinished.

Wall is also ducklipping.

This ducklip culture I can't.

Kater

Banned
That Nick Jonas fella has a really nice body and neck, his face looks really goofy in most of these photos.

Also, nice shirt Vitaminus. And looking good as always. :3

Ugh, Nick Jonas looks a LOT like a fellow student in my class, so he is in my "no" list.

I tend to think that of all Disney factory stars. Admiring them (as in ADMIRING) would be like saying Mickey Mouse is hot >.<
stay away yiff fans

Re: Ducklipping: That's the way to go.

RM8

I also didn't know there was a hot Jonas bro. I also didn't know this one in particular is almost my same age! Disney stars tend to remain forever child-like in my mind. But yeah, I rike.
---

I asked for the day off tomorrow, I'm going to play so much SSB :3 My boss is pretty awesome. I have only had two bosses and they've both been awesome, I'm lucky at work.

I also didn't know there was a hot Jonas bro. I also didn't know this one in particular is almost my same age! Disney stars tend to remain forever child-like in my mind. But yeah, I rike.
---

I asked for the day off tomorrow, I'm going to play so much SSB :3 My boss is pretty awesome. I have only had two bosses and they've both been awesome, I'm lucky at work.

is this the same job you was thinking of quitting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom