• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Yeah it's from my Gender Studies class. My professor is a Bi-rights activist, she has collaborated with BiNet USA, the largest Bisexual rights organization in the USA. They recently had a meeting with the Human Rights Campaign and conducted research of bisexual youth. Some very awesome stuff.

does she believe in the existence of bi men

Question to all of you boys and girls; Do you go to Pride Parades? Yes or No and why?

there arent any in my town

Sai-kun

Banned
Question to all of you boys and girls; Do you go to Pride Parades? Yes or No and why?

Yup. Gone every year for the past 4-5 years now. It's always a fun time, though the parade here has become a little bit less exciting because there aren't as many floats as there were years ago.

This year was really fun though. There was someone playing DJing and playing music out their window really loudly, and people were dancing in the alley and the nearby parking lot, and it went on for hours.

Dany

Banned
Yeah Pride is always fun, went for the first time last year and again this year. The parade is great and fun, though they could be more frequent. And the night out afterwards
AU7Amsc.gif

i got too saucy

VegiHam

I actually went for the first time ever yesterday! Only the second year my town's been running it, was pretty fun. I bought some Mars Bar flavoured fudge. It was delicious. I went because my Uni's LGBT society were going and it's a chance to make new friends.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
^ That guy's hair is such a distraction.

LGBTQA GAF. Any advice for getting back on the dating scene if you've been unemployed for a while and have social anxiety? I'm tired of feeling so lonely, but I'm terrified if I'm honest at being rejected. My self-esteem is already pretty shit, and I feel no one wants to date a trans woman who isn't passable. : /

I'm bi, btw.
What Escape Goat said is all around good.

You have to work on yourself instead of trying to find surrogate happiness from someone else. That way, if you do get "rejected" you'll think little of it. Putting it in perspective, you'll realize that it's not a real rejection, and that the other person wasn't right for you. Don't be terrified, there's nothing scary unless you make it that way. (Does that make sense?)

Kevyt

Leo/bahamvt on tumblr (NSFW)] is a whole lot of YES PLEASE. Super attractive and intelligent nerd that dispenses frank and snarky relationship advice. <3

Something must be wrong with me. I don't find him attractive. Not my cup of tea. He does have an amazing body. I wonder what his work-out routine is like.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Something must be wrong with me. I don't find him attractive. Not my cup of tea. He does have an amazing body. I wonder what his work-out routine is like.

Nor do I. At first I thought it was the beard I disliked, but then there were pics without it and he's no more appealing like that. To be able to achieve that physique, though, yeesh. The genetic lottery is a hell of a thing.

Kevyt

Nor do I. At first I thought it was the beard I disliked, but then there were pics without it and he's no more appealing like that. To be able to achieve that physique, though, yeesh. The genetic lottery is a hell of a thing.

Reminds me of Collegehumor's Genetics video, lol. I wonder how much is genetics and how much is due to his determination. Certain aspects of his physiques can be the product of genetics alone but seeing those muscles tells me he puts a considerable amount of time in the gym.

He apparently works out a lot, but his face looks like a bored old man or something.

This. He has a symmetrical face, which we humans love symmetry. But his facial expressions appear monotonous. He does look bored and somewhat old, lol.

HylianTom

Banned
Not kidding.. a guy who loves Nintendo games is a huge plus.

And that Smash pic.
It certainly inspires some smashin'. Holy shit.

Berordn

Not kidding.. a guy who loves Nintendo games is a huge plus.

And that Smash pic.
It certainly inspires some smashin'. Holy shit.

there's no sarcasm, i wholeheartedly agree. i actually got a lot of shit about playing my 3DS in public from a couple of guys i was interested in and that's a real easy way to get me to stop talking to you!

HylianTom

Banned
there's no sarcasm, i wholeheartedly agree. i actually got a lot of shit about playing my 3DS in public from a couple of guys i was interested in and that's a real easy way to get me to stop talking to you!

Yup!

Anyone who mocks someone for playing 3DS must have a dead inner child..

That's really dumb and a shame. Seeing a guy playing on a 3DS in public would make me want to go talk to them (and I'm typically pretty shy).

Grizzo

What? Why would they do that? I'm sorry it happened to you. Well at least now you know they weren't made for you :)

May I ask where you play your 3DS? Because as long as you don't use it in nightclubs or bars then I really don't see what's their problem with that.

Caladrius

Generally the kind of people that would give more than a quarter of a shit (don't ask me how that works) as to what you do aside from wanting shared interests is the kind of person you'd probably shut down within half an hour anyway.

Berordn

May I ask where you play your 3DS? Because as long as you don't use it in nightclubs or bars then I really don't see what's their problem with that.

usually it'd be in a university common space, on a bench outside or at the mall when waiting for someone, that kind of stuff. never if i was actually out socializing, but they were pretty unpleasant people anyway.

one of them actually was a microsoft diehard, and that led to a few awkward conversations.

Rayis

Playing Smash Bros is bad for my health, it gets me way too tense, I'm hardly good at competitive games but when I'm somewhat ok at one it gets me all worked up trying to keep up, the 3DS button layout doesn't help either.

Grizzo

usually it'd be in a university common space, on a bench outside or at the mall when waiting for someone, that kind of stuff. never if i was actually out socializing, but they were pretty unpleasant people anyway.

one of them actually was an microsoft diehard, and that led to a few awkward conversations.

Yeah well I really don't see the problem with doing that. It's 2014, everybody plays games, even if it's just Candy Crush, Angry Birds or 2048. They shouldn't have a problem with that.

And one of them was a Microsoft fan? The nerve of him!

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
He apparently works out a lot, but his face looks like a bored old man or something.

lmao it does!

or we could just all get married and have a huge orgy

so this was the gay's agenda all along - gain the ability to get married -> marry every man on earth -> epic husband orgy

The gamepad of my wiiu broke D: the ZL button and rumble aren't working, why does destiny hates me so much?

destiny is on the wiiu? bungie are truly wizards

Caladrius

Playing Smash Bros is bad for my health, it gets me way too tense, I'm hardly good at competitive games but when I'm somewhat ok at one it gets me all worked up trying to keep up, the 3DS button layout doesn't help either.

The 3DS controls are the only thing that keeps me from going all out. I'd look into modding for that GC controller but I've already nearly bricked one Nintendo console recently and I'd prefer not to go for two.

destiny is on the wiiu? bungie are truly wizards

That actually wouldn't be too crazy if we're strictly talking in terms of tech (PS3 and 360 are already PowerPC consoles).

Berordn

Yeah well I really don't see the problem with doing that. It's 2014, everybody plays games, even if it's just Candy Crush, Angry Birds or 2048. They shouldn't have a problem with that.

And one of them was a Microsoft fan? The nerve of him!

I didn't have an issue with being a microsoft fan, but the constant "why would you want to play games and waste money on an underpowered device" talks when i finally got around to introducing myself got me to back off pretty quick.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
urinals were invented in 1866

thats so weird because they seem like such a modern invention

its hard to picture guys wearing top hats and monocles using urinals

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
That actually wouldn't be too crazy if we're strictly talking in terms of tech (PS3 and 360 are already PowerPC consoles).

oh yeah

I didn't have an issue with being a microsoft fan, but the constant "why would you want to play games and waste money on an underpowered device" talks when i finally got around to introducing myself got me to back off pretty quick.

gross, if they're xbots then just ditch them

Grizzo

That's actually what I wanted to say! I mean the fact that he would give you shit for playing a 3DS while he's also a ga(y)mer... That's hypocritical.

And now you're telling me he was being judgmeental? Yeah I really think you dodged a bullet on this one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom