• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dany

Banned
Oh, I'd love to be the main person in a roundtable about myself, but I'm no good at expressing what I feel and such. I only need a hug
or a gin&tonic

ixfKYrqG1LMkk.gif

Kevyt

always

what did you learn about it

We talked about prominent cases in the US where bisexual men and women were portrayed by the media as gay or lesbian. In addition to a very prominent bisexual women who married another women and so she was labeled as a lesbian even though she was bisexual. We also talked the about the nature of bisexuality and how it's a whole continuum of fluidity rather than being referred to as "two sides." The Bisexual definition of Robin Och's:

Bisexuals are people who acknowledge in themselves the potential to be attracted - romantically and or sexually to people of more than one sex and one gender, not necessarily at the same time, not necessarily in the same way and not necessarily to the same degree.

It's a very broad definition that raises a lot of questions about what makes a person bisexual. In essence this also brings more challenges as it's often politically more easy to identify a men with another men relationship as gays or homosexuals when one of them, or both them could be bisexual. The same thing for women.

Kater

Banned
I really want some hard drink now after hearing one of the characters in Fallout talking about Whiskey all the time.

Kangi

Left the channel on GSN. Baggage comes on. I try to tolerate it.

"I used to be bi-sexual."
"Hey, I used to be, too! *voice switches to a disapproving tone* ...But I think it's different for a man."

Nope. Can't do it.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
We talked about prominent cases in the US where bisexual men and women were portrayed by the media as gay or lesbian. In addition to a very prominent bisexual women who married another women and so she was labeled as a lesbian even though she was bisexual. We also talked the about the nature of bisexuality and how it's a whole continuum of fluidity rather than being referred to as "two sides." The Bisexual definition of Robin Och's:

It's a very broad definition that raises a lot of questions about what makes a person bisexual. In essence this also brings more challenges as it's often politically more easy to identify a men with another men relationship as gays or homosexuals when one of them, or both them could be bisexual. The same thing for women.

oh kool you seemed to have learned a lot thats good keep it up you still have a lot more to learn about bisexuals for we are a diverse people

I cant tell if Aaron tyler johnson does it for me. Definitely not with long hair. But he looks different depending on the angle. Hes got a bad dye job in the avengers so i dont know. Hes a master of disguise.

Dash_

LGBTQA GAF. Any advice for getting back on the dating scene if you've been unemployed for a while and have social anxiety? I'm tired of feeling so lonely, but I'm terrified if I'm honest at being rejected. My self-esteem is already pretty shit, and I feel no one wants to date a trans woman who isn't passable. : /

I'm bi, btw.

LGBTQA GAF. Any advice for getting back on the dating scene if you've been unemployed for a while and have social anxiety? I'm tired of feeling so lonely, but I'm terrified if I'm honest at being rejected. My self-esteem is already pretty shit, and I feel no one wants to date a trans woman who isn't passable. : /

I'm bi, btw.

I learned learning to recognize and respect your own self worth is something you need before you start dating. Otherwise youll just defer to the other person and become subservient without participating equally in the relationship.

Do you have any trans groups in your area? Forming friendships with people who have the sane anxities will be easier. Focus on yourself and make everything about improving yourself. Take each issue one at a time. Social anxiety is probably a good starting pount. Examine your options. Canbyou afford treatment? If not look for a free clinic or support group. You may be hesitant to go but realize its tge anxiety talking. Realize your self worth. You matter and the only person that can improve my life is me. Youll find your inner strength and each step will become easier.

That may sound trite but i found it absolutely worked for me. I was suffering from depression and anxiety, i had a job that was barely supporting my needs and i wasnt entirelt comfortable being gay. I had had enough one day and i decided i deserved better. I moved back in with my parents, made the decision to talk to my parents about my mental illness and i went back to school to get a useful degree. I did that for 3 years and now things couldnt be better. I decided to focus on improving myself and madecsome sacrifices in the short term for long term happiness.

Left the channel on GSN. Baggage comes on. I try to tolerate it.

"I used to be bi-sexual."
"Hey, I used to be, too! *voice switches to a disapproving tone* ...But I think it's different for a man."

Nope. Can't do it.

GSN?

Gay shopping network? Gay social network?

edit: Game Show Network. I see...

Starting today I'm the happy
(I hope)
owner of a PS4, feel free to add me to your friend list, my PSN ID is victormartinUSA. Didn't buy any games to go with it, currently downloading loads of PS+ titles (I had the sub back from when I had my PS3).

Looking forward to get The Evil Within, depending on how it turns out and also Infamous sometime soon. Also I hope we start getting retail titles soon so that's one of the reasons I held back from getting any old game to go with it.

Kevyt

Starting today I'm the happy
(I hope)
owner of a PS4, feel free to add me to your friend list, my PSN ID is victormartinUSA. Didn't buy any games to go with it, currently downloading loads of PS+ titles (I had the sub back from when I had my PS3).

Looking forward to get The Evil Within, depending on how it turns out and also Infamous sometime soon. Also I hope we start getting retail titles soon so that's one of the reasons I held back from getting any old game to go with it.

I sold my PS4 recently. I'll buy a PS4 when U4 comes out. I hope there's a U4 bundle. As far as PS+ titles Resogun and Strider were my favorites. Infamous is one of the best looking games on the ps4 but very short imo...

oh kool you seemed to have learned a lot thats good keep it up you still have a lot more to learn about bisexuals for we are a diverse people

Yeah it's from my Gender Studies class. My professor is a Bi-rights activist, she has collaborated with BiNet USA, the largest Bisexual rights organization in the USA. They recently had a meeting with the Human Rights Campaign and conducted research of bisexual youth. Some very awesome stuff.

I sold my PS4 recently. I'll buy a PS4 when U4 comes out. I hope there's a U4 bundle. As far as PS+ titles Resogun and Strider were my favorites. Infamous is one of the best looking games on the ps4 but very short imo...
I loved infamous 1 and 2, that's mostly why I want to play Second Son. Just tried Resogun and against all odds I really, really liked it! I've never been into that kind of shooters but it was really fun.

Kevyt

I just bought Mega Man X4 and Suikoden 1 even though I bought ToS Chronicles 2 days ago
I need help

Are those 3DS games? Also I wanted to ask you, is that Lana Del Rey in your profile pic?

I loved infamous 1 and 2, that's mostly why I want to play Second Son. Just tried Resogun and against all odds I really, really liked it! I've never been into that kind of shooters but it was really fun.

If you haven't played the Last of Us, or even if you have (maybe on PS3), you should play it again on the PS4. It's a much better experience, and has all the DLC in it. Second Son is great but weak compared to Infamous 1 and 2.

Question to all of you boys and girls; Do you go to Pride Parades? Yes or No and why?

Are those 3DS games? Also I wanted to ask you, is that Lana Del Rey in your profile pic?

If you haven't played the Last of Us, or even if you have (maybe on PS3), you should play it again on the PS4. It's a much better experience, and has all the DLC in it. Second Son is great but weak compared to Infamous 1 and 2.

Question to all of you boys and girls; Do you go to Pride Parades? Yes or No and why?
Nah, they're PS1 Classics from the Playstation store.
Yeah it's Lana Del Rey I love her she's amazing

I played it on PS3 but I'm looking forward to replaying it sometime. I didn't play the single player DLC so it'll be nice to experience that for the first time on PS4. It's just not at the top of my list, I'll probably get it later if there's some kind of sale in the future or something.

RM8

I'm no longer (as) upset about Chrom not being in SSB3DS, since Ike looks great in his Chrom palette swap :p

ziryFsV.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom