• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kater

Banned
Doing my part.

061c5e62ac157575ef371ezj6f.jpg

Hihi

(Why does he have the Austrian flag on his chest though?)

Oh, and here is something cute I just found. Presenting to you, the incredible turtle chef. :3
osGKwl5.jpg

Rayis

I understand not buying the game for one character, I wouldn't buy the game if Jigglypuff wasn't back in tbh

I understand not buying the game for one character, I wouldn't buy the game if Jigglypuff wasn't back in tbh

You're not a Peach main? I am disapoint son!

And yeah I guess, but Ness and Lucas are pretty similar anyways. I'm a Peach fanboy and I would still buy the game if Peach was dropped, I'd be crazy sad though.

Sai-kun

Banned
I think the roster is great, way more characters than I expected, disappointed by the stages in the 3DS version though, obviously rushed.

Really?

Absolutely. Lucas has been my main since Brawl released, so I'm not really interested in a game without him.

Kinsei

Banned
I can understand not buying the game if your favorite character isn't in. That's kind of the whole point of Smash, isn't it?

I'm debating on whether or not I'll get the 3DS version since I flat out refuse to use around a fifth of the roster, and I'm not going to buy a game twice if I'm disappointed in it. My purchase decision at this point mostly depends on whether Dixie is a Diddy clone or not (If she's really in)

I won't be buying either version if the cut veterans are paid DLC.

Rayis

You're not a Peach main? I am disapoint son!

And yeah I guess, but Ness and Lucas are pretty similar anyways. I'm a Peach fanboy and I would still buy the game if Peach was dropped, I'd be crazy sad though.

Peach is one of my secondaries though! I do enjoy playing as her, I mostly have this avy cuz when Peach was revealed way back last year I thought her render was super pretty and then someone colored it green for me on Halloween, and I haven't changed my avy since, I will change it soon though

Kater

Banned
I can understand not buying the game if your favorite character isn't in.

I won't be buying the games if the cut veterans really are paid DLC.
Isn't Nintendo one of the few companies that doesn't pull stuff like this. Or is Smash an exception and was this practiced by Nintendo with the last Smash Bros?

(I wouldn't know, didn't play SB on Wii)

Absolutely. Lucas has been my main since Brawl released, so I'm not really interested in a game without him.

Aren't Ness and Lucas similar enough though? He might even get Lucas' attacks.

I don't think I'll ever understand it lol, I like a lot of the characters, if Peach were cut, I'd just move on to Luigi/Rosalina/Kirby/Pikachu.. etc.

Peach is one of my secondaries though! I do enjoy playing as her, I mostly have this avy cuz when Peach was revealed way back last year I thought her render was super pretty and then someone colored it green for me on Halloween, and I haven't changed my avy since, I will change it soon though

Yeah it is, can't wait for her Amiibo!
Also, might as well keep it since it's almost Halloween anyways lol.

If you want I can make you an avi of the regular coloured Peach.

Isn't Nintendo one of the few companies that doesn't pull stuff like this. Or is Smash an exception and was this practiced by Nintendo with the last Smash Bros?

(I wouldn't know, didn't play SB on Wii)

No, Smash never had DLC on the Wii.

Alrus

I don't really get being surprised that some character aren't in. Not all Melee Characters were in Brawl either. I really like the new additions and the vast majority of the returning cast is fine. Honestly I don't get the point of a new version if there isn't going to be a roster change.

Kinsei said:
I can understand not buying the game if your favorite character isn't in. That's kind of the whole point of Smash, isn't it?

I'm debating on whether or not I'll get the 3DS version since I flat out refuse to use around a fifth of the roster, and I'm not going to buy a game twice if I'm disappointed in it. My purchase decision at this point mostly depends on whether Dixie is a Diddy clone or not (If she's really in)

Your tone make it seem like it's a militant thing, what's wrong with those poor characters that are a fifth of the roster.

Sai-kun

Banned
Aren't Ness and Lucas similar enough though? He might even get Lucas' attacks.

I don't think I'll ever understand it lol, I like a lot of the characters, if Peach were cut, I'd just move on to Luigi/Rosalina/Kirby/Pikachu.. etc.

Nah, they play pretty differently. Lucas is a lot quicker and more agile, which is part of why I loved him.

Not sure how to explain it. Lucas is my main, with Marth being secondary, but I really, really, really enjoy how Lucas plays. I could play any of the other characters, sure, but he's my favorite out of all of them, and since the only way I can show my disapproval is by not supporting the game, that's what I'll do if I have to.

I don't really get being surprised that some character aren't in. Not all Melee Characters were in Brawl either. I really like the new additions and the vast majority of the returning cast is fine. Honestly I don't get the point of a new version if there isn't going to be a roster change.

Roster change doesn't have to mean cuts. Roster expansions > Roster cuts. And in Melee, the only folks they got rid of were clones, with the exception of Mewtwo, who I think most people would agree was a mistake to cut.

edit: i still dont know who the fuck shulk is and why people like him so much. anime zzzzz

Kater

Banned
No, Smash never had DLC on the Wii.
Ah, okay. Yeah, got a little confused, thought they may have done this in the past since I heard from a lot of people already how characters will be cut and sold separately. They already have Amiibo's to make some extra cash, why would they anger the Smash community with paid DLC nonsense.

Also, I'll be getting the Kirby and the Link Amiibo's, obviously. That's 30 Euros already, my poor wallet. :(

Kinsei

Banned

Your tone make it seem like it's a militant thing, what's wrong with those poor characters that are a fifth of the roster.

Ganondorf (Clone, ew)
Toon Link (Clone, ew)
Samus (Fuck Other M)
ZSS (Fuck Other M)
Lucina (Clone, ew. Also, fuck Awakening)
Robin (Fuck Awakening)
Dark Pit (Clone, ew)
Dr. Mario (Clone, ew)
Fox (I've hated the way he's played in every other Smash)
Falco (Same as Fox)

edit: i still dont know who the fuck shulk is and why people like him so much. anime zzzzz

People wanted Shulk because they wanted a Xenoblade rep. He's one of the worst characters in that game, but he was the only one that had a chance at becoming a fighter.

Alrus

What's wrong with Awakening? (I haven't played it yet). Clones yeah, I'm always meh on them.

Metroid M sucked (well the story did, I enjoyed the gameplay, as shallow as it was) but I wouldn't let that game obscure the fact that Samus has been in a majority of really great games beforehand. My issue with ZSS is the stupid heels, what a dumb design. I like her "skimpy" outfit that everyone's outraged about for some reason though, fun throwback to Zero Mission and Fusion.

Huh...

Ah, okay. Yeah, got a little confused, thought they may have done this in the past since I heard from a lot of people already how characters will be cut and sold separately. They already have Amiibo's to make some extra cash, why would they anger the Smash community with paid DLC nonsense.

Also, I'll be getting the Kirby and the Link Amiibo's, obviously. That's 30 Euros already, my poor wallet. :(

We're gonna get fucked with the Amiibo prices in Europe confirmed.

Paid DLC is fine, as long as Ice Climbers aren't paid DLC, that would be dodgy.

Sai-kun

Banned
Paid DLC for veteran characters would be super lame, IMO. Especially if they get released so close to launch.

Paid DLC for new characters....would probably still be lame but I don't really care about new characters so idgaf.

Kinsei

Banned
What's wrong with Awakening? (I haven't played it yet). Clones yeah, I'm always meh on them.

Metroid M sucked (well the story did, I enjoyed the gameplay, as shallow as it was) but I wouldn't let that game obscure the fact that Samus has been in a majority of really great games beforehand. My issue with ZSS is the stupid heels, what a dumb design. I like her "skimpy" outfit that everyone's outraged about for some reason though, fun throwback to Zero Mission and Fusion.

Huh...

In Awakening, you need to pair up a child (Oh sorry, a 1000 year old dragon that just happens to look like a prepubescent girl) with an adult so that you can get their child as a member of your army.

I'd be fine with Samus if we had an option to use a different suit, but it looks like we won't. The light suit is just a palette swap of the Other M suit, and that was one that I was sure would be unique.

I couldn't stand ZSS before, but now that she's her own character, and she's the Other M version makes it easier to completely ignore her.

Grakl

In Awakening, you need to pair up a child (Oh sorry, a 1000 year old dragon that just happens to look like a prepubescent girl) with an adult so that you can get their child as a member of your army.

I'd be fine with Samus if we had an option to use a different suit, but it looks like we won't. The light suit is just a palette swap of the Other M suit, and that was one that I was sure would be unique.

I couldn't stand ZSS before, but now that she's her own character, and she's the Other M version makes it easier to completely ignore her.

You're really serious about this line, hah. That's not a reason to dislike the characters, but that's just imo.

Paid DLC for veteran characters would be super lame, IMO. Especially if they get released so close to launch.

Paid DLC for new characters....would probably still be lame but I don't really care about new characters so idgaf.

Agreed with the first.

As for new characters, people who will be working on them after the game is released need to get paid too.

It all depends on how it's handled, if they deliberately cut characters to have them as DLC later is a douche move.

Sai-kun

Banned
Agreed with the first.

As for new characters, people who will be working on them after the game is released need to get paid too.

It all depends on how it's handled, if they deliberately cut characters to have them as DLC later is a douche move.

I absolutely agree with the bolded! :)

If characters are being made DLC and are released (for free?) to match the launch of the Wii U version, I would understand that. I give Sakurai benefit of the doubt, so I wouldn't expect that they're cutting characters on purpose to use them as DLC.

If anything, what I expected was that a few characters just aren't totally finished yet.

fake edit: there was that imgur image posted from the leaker though, that named
Impa, Mewtwo, Mach Rider, Ridley, and Dixie
though, which is both interesting and disappointing. Though I'm not believing anything until I see pictures/video.

I absolutely agree with the bolded! :)

If characters are being made DLC and are released (for free?) to match the launch of the Wii U version, I would understand that. I give Sakurai benefit of the doubt, so I wouldn't expect that they're cutting characters on purpose to use them as DLC.

If anything, what I expected was that a few characters just aren't totally finished yet.

fake edit: there was that imgur image posted from the leaker though, that named
Impa, Mewtwo, Mach Rider, Ridley, and Dixie
though, which is both interesting and disappointing. Though I'm not believing anything until I see pictures/video.

After seeing the leaker throw around words like fags and retard, I think it's very likely he's trolling us with the other info. He's a douchebag.

Berordn

That's 4chan!

Yeah, that's tragically par for the course around there. It'd probably be a little unusual if he's on /v/ and not calling someone a faggot.

But who even knows! This whole thing is fishy even though those videos are pretty much undeniable proof.

Alrus

Agreed with the first.

I don't get it, Veteran Character would still require people to work on them. What makes it worse to put them as paid DLC going by that logic?

Ah yeah that character... I wouldn't dismiss an entire game based on one terrible thing personally but I can understand.

RM8

Mega Man
Luigi
Dr. Mario
Pac Man
Kirby
Bowser
Dedede
Duck Hunt
Ness
Jiggs

I want to main them all. I'll mostly miss Lucas, Ivysaur and Squirtle. Roster is awesome and I couldn't be any more hyped :3

Grizzo

happy and relieved that Wario is back (he wasn't in real danger of getting the boot but hey, you never know)

can't wait to see what they did with him

RM8

I don't hate Dark Pit. In fighting games, clones don't take the place of completely original characters - there wouldn't be anyone in their place. So with some adjustments you can create characters that in reality don't play anything alike! I'll take clones over a smaller roster.

Grakl

I don't hate Dark Pit. In fighting games, clones don't take the place of completely original characters - there wouldn't be anyone in their place. So with some adjustments you can create characters that in reality don't play anything alike! I'll take clones over a smaller roster.

Dark Pit is cool, but Hades would've been cooler.

All this hate i'm seeing towards smash...
tumblr_msnljxR8EO1rinl3io9_r1_250.gif

getting both day 1 3ds digital copy though. It is ridiculous seeing Gannon as a clone again but ehh oh well i never played as him anyway

Yeah, true. Though with Uprising's weapon system and abilities/items, it would be extremely simple to make Pitoo play completely different from Pit, so if he does turn out to just be a clone it's kinda lame and disappointing from that respect, but it's not really that big of a deal I guess.

In any case, what I'm definitely more curious about is Shulk. In Xenoblade, most of the abilities which make the Monado more than just another ordinary sword either revolve around it being able to hurt Mechon, which obviously isn't really that relevant here, and it being able to predict the future and protect Shulk and the party from various, which could work for his Down Special or something but his entire moveset can't really revolve around that, so it will be interesting to see what they do with that as a substitute. Maybe having Monado Speed making him and his attacks much faster, but much harder to control, kinda similar to Sonic's Final Smash, but confined to the ground and not invulnerable or something like that? Dunno.

And even though it had no chance of remotely happening, I still definitely am kinda salty that the Heropon didn't make it in over Shulk. Of course, like I said, it wasn't ever going to happen anyway, but it would have been so great if it did. Ah well. Maybe DLC, maybe DLC...

Kinsei

Banned

I don't believe that. One or two clones? Sure, I can accept that. But when you have 4+, there has to have been time to make one original character if they weren't in.

RM8

I'm pretty shocked that Shulk is there. I consider Xenoblade to be pretty minor in Nintendo's eyes, but then Sakurai is a bit crazy. And that's why we got Duck Hunt! :D As for Ganondorf, at this point that's -his- moveset, and changing it would be like Ken suddenly getting a completely different moveset just so it looks less like Ryu. You really can't play as Falcon as you play as Ganondorf despite the similar animations, they have completely different physics, frame data, hitboxes, hurtboxes, match ups, etc.

I don't believe that. One or two clones? Sure, I can accept that. But when you have 4+, there has to have been time to make one original character if they weren't in.
I wouldn't be so sure. Not having to come up with an entirely different moveset, plus animating it, makes clones a matter of playing around with variables.

Grizzo

I'm pretty shocked that Shulk is there. I consider Xenoblade to be pretty minor in Nintendo's eyes, but then Sakurai is a bit crazy. And that's why we got Duck Hunt! :D As for Ganondorf, at this point that's -his- moveset, and changing it would be like Ken suddenly getting a completely different moveset just so it looks less like Ryu. You really can't play as Falcon as you play as Ganondorf despite the similar animations, they have completely different physics, frame data, hitboxes, hurtboxes, match ups, etc.

but isn't Xenoblade Chronicles X one of the most anticipated games on the Wii U though?

Eh, not exactly. I mean, after all, despite him not even being a clone, they touched up the movesets of characters like Olimar and Pit to make them more balanced (and did similar with Charizard and Sheik/Zelda/ZSS due to them being their own characters now) and while they still look like they largely play the same, there are definitely some key differences that could quite easily affect how they play as well and if they did that for them, I don't see why they couldn't have at least thrown something Ganondorf's way and say, make him fight a bit more similarly to his Wind Waker incarnation or something--it would have been the perfect chance, with those other changes they were doing anyway! But yeah, I definitely do understand and begrudgingly accept it all the same, even if I don't exactly like it.

Hmm... maybe they could compromise and add Ganon as his own separate character? That would actually be pretty awesome IMO, thinking about it, especially if they really have fun with it and just meld the different incarnations of him together somehow~ :D

Shulk, or someone that looks like him, appears in the first trailer they showed.
Not him. That was just them teasing what turned out to be the main character of Xenocross I believe, who as we learned later the player is able to completely customize the appearance of when they start a new game. So in that first trailer, they just customized the main character to look like Shulk, but it's not actually him.

And in any case, despite definitely sharing some elements (like a Nopon was seen either in the trailer or some of the Treehouse footage--can't remember which), Xenocross is supposed to take place in a completely separate universe from Xenoblade, so it being Shulk really wouldn't make much sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom