• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

Just finished Ep 1. LTTP but holy shit, this is something really special. It's not the most polished and it doesn't have the best lip syncing but damn, it's so good.

Anyone else notice the principal says 'I failed her... and Kate' if you end up talking to him at the beginning. Presumably he means Rachel...?

I... kind of feel like Max should have felt a little bit more weirded out by the ending. It's just kind of 'oh I'm 13 again I NEED TO SAVE WILLIAM' without explanation.

Chloe's injury... did she jump in Kate's place possibly? I want to know why she's not at Blackwell in the alternate timeline.
I can understand that.

I mean, at that point, she can rewind time and slow time, so why not go back in time at a precise time thanks to an item created at that specific time ?

The only thing where she dun goofed is not considering the consequences of her actions, which are life-changing.
At best, it would be like the convergence like in an other game on time travel and William would still be dead.
At worst, well, we have the situation at the end of Ep 3
Everyone on GAF is Warren
At some points I recognized my younger self in Warren so much it hurt
never went through the passive agressive and creeper phase though thank god

FluxWaveZ

At worst, well, we have the situation at the end of Ep 3

But was the situation that bad?
At least, in the original timeline, the dad's dead and Chloe rebelling against the world. In the alternate timeline, the dad's alive and Chloe seems to be happy, despite her handicap.
I don't think there's enough info to tell, either way.

neshcom

Banned
Warren's kind of a goober, but Max has a Keep Calm rug in her dorm, so they seem to be a decent fit.
I definitely kissed Chloe though

At least, in the original timeline, the dad's dead and Chloe rebelling against the world. In the alternate timeline, the dad's alive and Chloe seems to be happy, despite her handicap.

I meant "at worst" as the timeline (let's call it beta) completely changed instead of just having the original timeline where Max comes from (let's call it alpha) plus William alive and minor changes.

As for is it better or not...well it's fiction ethics as time travel isn't possible, and the only observer here are Max and the player, so it depends on how they view the change, opposed to the other people of the beta timeline where they have no idea of the alpha's.

It would be interesting as a choice (maybe a final one ?) for the player to have Max choose if she should revert her actions of letting William die to go back to the alpha timeline or carry on with the beta timeline

FluxWaveZ

I meant "at worst" as the timeline (let's call it beta) completely changed instead of just having the original timeline where Max comes from (let's call it alpha) plus William alive and minor changes.

As for is it better or not...well it's fiction ethics as time travel isn't possible, and the only observer here are Max and the player, so it depends on how they view the change, opposed to the other people of the beta timeline where they have no idea of the alpha's.

It would be interesting as a choice (maybe a final one ?) for the player to have Max choose if she should revert her actions of letting William die to go back to the alpha timeline or carry on with the beta timeline

Ahhh... I get you. Yeah, actually, my stance on it as the end was that
no matter what happens in the alternate timeline, it's not Max's timeline. I don't feel that it would be right to remain in the alternate timeline, if given the choice.

Steamlord

Sure, but it's pretty obvious Max isn't happy, and we still don't know what's going on with a lot of the other characters. Especially Kate. I mean, I suppose the alternate reality could be a boon for people who didn't save Kate if she's still alive there...

I'm not sure how well being able to choose which timeline to stick with would work. I mean, let's say, purely hypothetically, that we do get to make that decision at or near the end of the game. Could they really properly flesh out this new timeline enough in two episodes to make people want to abandon the world they left behind? And it looks like we'll probably be returning to the original timeline in Ep 4, so that makes it even less likely to work. I mean, I can just imagine the global statistics on that choice - what, like 99% original timeline and 1% alternate? We barely even know William, and he's the chief difference between the two that we know of, even more so than Chloe, considering he's alive in one and dead in the other. If we can't even care too much about him, then it wouldn't really work.

Sober

At some points I recognized my younger self in Warren so much it hurt
never went through the passive agressive and creeper phase though thank god
Hmm, I don't think I take that reading from it. More like he has his sights on her but doesn't want to rock the boat now. I feel like how I'm playing Max I'm having her lead him on a bit but you know maybe that's why they deserve each other.

Unless you count all the texting from him to count as creepy or something or this thing where he stares at her from her room (if that's not a bug or anything) that was mentioned earlier.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
So he's smitten. Still doing nice things for her.

Yeah, it's a good point. I don't like the passive aggresiveness he has when Max says no, so I can't even imagine how he would react if Max even gave the hint that he wants something with him and then later rejects him.

Then again, he's a hormonal teenager. I'm glad I was never as creepy as him.

Dark_castle

I really like The Spirits Within too :(
but it's far from being the best movie ever though. Sorry Max.

I don't know if it would've been better saying "I wanna play Final Fantasy XIII on that TV ! Best FF ever !"

If she really said that about FFXIII, I'd have shut down the game and call it quit for the day. Much respect is lost.

Spirits Within though, it's a decent sci-fi movie on its own, even if it has little to do with Final Fantasy.

FluxWaveZ

Can't say I ever saw myself in Warren. There aren't really any characters I can relate to in Life Is Strange, but I guess the closest would be Despondent Kate, but replace the kindness with apathy.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
There aren't really any characters I can relate to in Life Is Strange

Particularly with the youths, most characters in the game are almost parodic in representation.

I was rolling on the floor during the first episode because jocks almost always ended their lines with "BRUH", when that is nowhere near close to the case in real life (at least from experience in high school).

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I actually think it's an accurate representation of some schools. Your school was way too normal, MMarston.

Sober

I opened up the game to screencap all the Warren SMS's up to EP3. There's spoilers, duh.
I almost wish I didn't...
http://imgur.com/a/wLvwK#0
A goober at best, a little too clingy at worst. Also Max is probably not the kind of girl who gets a bunch of attention so I don't think she thinks too much of it. Creepy is a little strong unless there's direct evidence of him creeping.

Sayers

A goober at best, a little too clingy at worst. Also Max is probably not the kind of girl who gets a bunch of attention so I don't think she thinks too much of it. Creepy is a little strong unless there's direct evidence of him creeping.

BxtoTZN.jpg

I've made a huge mistake lol

Although since I didn't notice in-game im going to assume my Max didnt notice either.

Lol make sure to bring a buddy to your drive in date, you don't want to end up in Warren's basement. But seriously though, Max didn't say anything about him snooping so I presume she didn't notice.

addik

So I woke up today to see my brother and a ton of his hungover friends playing this game. They're all hurdled in one sofa.

In other words, we all want an Episode 4 release date now.

Wtf. Totally didn't notice him creeping outside.
Would be a holy crap moment if he had something to with Rachel Amber's disappearance.

Does anyone know when episode 4 will be available? Haven't heard anything, but it feels like this one is taking longer than usual.

Fret

I feel like that image with Warren is part of something bigger to the time travel aspect of the plot, seems a bit weird to put something like that in.

Is that pic from Episode 1? Maybe the theories of
Max going back to the beginning aren't that far off

I'm not saying he isn't acting a wee bit creepy. Just that his heart is in the right place.

I love how GAF pretends we don't have a little bit of Warren in each of us... or had
Everyone must have had a thousand women (or men) fawning over them with their charming personality....

Warren's probably sort of sheltered and honestly he's lucky that Alyssa or Brooke notice him, otherwise he'd be pretty damn lonely.
Like what's he supposed to do? Use social skills he clearly lacks? What he needs is good advice and a cold shower.

Switch the gender's and you'd all be calling Warren "Moe" or having him screech, "NOTICE ME MAX SENPAI!"
Much like many young boys he's hormonal and 50% of his thoughts are just the word SEX buzzing constantly in his head [/speculation]

Top Bottom