• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

You'd think Warren was a stalker or something. He was looking in the window (from a far distance without binoculars or nothing) of the girl he liked while he was waiting for her. I like Warren

Chloe and Max doe please

You'd think Warren was a stalker or something. He was looking in the window (from a far distance without binoculars or nothing) of the girl he liked while he was waiting for her. I like Warren

Chloe and Max doe please

It's more his attitude in this particular scene that's a little creepy.

I mean when I saw it for myself, Warren just goes around the corner to have a quick glance, and then goes back behind quickly. Like someone spying, instead of frankly looking at the window to determine if Max's up or not and if he should wait here

It can be either awkwardness (not wanting to be seen waiting for Max and watching at her window) or something worse. Ep 4 and 5 will tell.

Sera O

Banned
Warren is creepy and awkward, but that's not my main problem with him. It's the dynamic, which in my game verges on baby's-first-sexual-harrassment. If he weren't the only person Max hangs out with at school, she would have the option to bluntly shut him down without isolating herself. That's not the case though, and it seems like he takes advantage of that to keep pressing the issue.

It's also hard to care about hurting his feelings when he baldly ditches the girl who actually likes him if given the opportunity. Interaction in the science lab also implies he may be threatened by Brooke's knowledge about nerdy topics and likes that Max makes him feel smarter. Maybe Brooke's just bitter, but if not, that reflects pretty badly.

Maybe he'll chill out or Max will get him together with Brooke, but at the moment I am not liking him at all.

Filben

Since I've heard ep 4 is coming out soon I just finished episode 2 and 3. Goose bumbs everywhere at the end of ep 3. I mean, it's nothing new since I've watched Butterfly Effect years ago.

But it makes you rethink about time, actions and consequences.
At the end of the day nothing really matters what Max did. All the actions since we started to play as Max. It only matters so far as all our actions lead to the action that re-wrote the present. And it makes we wonder if this is better. Of course her dad's alive and in the last scene she seems happy despite her fate.
But how far would you go, eventually? You have to let it go somewhen. Otherwise you're stuck in a time-vortex , not becoming happy at all.

I also really liked her line at the Whale's dinner, where she first wished the moment –looking at the lighthouse– was to last forever. But then again, it wouldn't be a moment.

Right now, at the end of ep 3,
Max is not living her real life she basically erased
. I would think such power would heavily drain on you. Not just questioning actions like we do in our normal life but actually altering it. Then you probably realize it doesn't really matter.

From Max Payne once we have learned:
"There are no choices. Nothing but a straight line. The illusion comes afterwards, when you ask "why me?" and "what if?". When you look back and see the branches, like a pruned bonsai tree, or forked lightning. If you had done something differently, it wouldn't be you, it would be someone else looking back, asking a different set of questions."

Dr. Buni

BxtoTZN.jpg
Warren is so gross.

You know maybe he was checking another room. Or you know looking at the flag.

I mean, i don't mean to defend Warren but we all deserve a fair judgement.

Steamlord

You know maybe he was checking another room. Or you know looking at the flag.

I mean, i don't mean to defend Warren but we all deserve a fair judgement.

Except he acts all guilty and evasive when you meet up with him and ask him what he's doing. You know perfectly well what he was doing.

Nuke Soda

Went through a quick playthrough of episode 3 and unlocked the trophies I missed, the only one that took a minute to figure out was the truck, I thought the hint made it look like a postcard lol.

Nia

People keep saying it's coming out tomorrow or soon with no word from Dontnod. Perhaps people are going insane. I don't believe any of it.

A-V-B

People reallllly want to play episode 4, that's why. With no word from dontnod, we're turning into folks who are jonesing so bad that we're inventing convoluted nude cheat code hoaxes to keep ourselves entertained.

tomtom94

Hence the insane part. I don't know why people are spreading it around.

I think it started as a "wouldn't it be cool if..." and spiralled, judging by the subreddit.

Problem is it makes no sense from a marketing perspective (you can't really pull the Beyonce 'I just dropped an album, isn't that crazy' for the latest episode of an episodic adventure)

still going to hope

Tired of waiting for a US sale. Think I'm just buy the full season once episode 4 releases, then binge it, and wait for Part 5 in agony with the rest of you guys. :)

damidu

just want some opinions about this
i'm usually into this type of games (telltale games, story driven adventures etc.)

so bought episode 1 at release, played it in for an hour or two in somewhat tired state.
it didn't click, got really bored by high-school drama aspects of it. deleted and forgot.

what i wanted to know is first hours of first episode representative of the series tone and story. should i give it another go, does it get better, weirder ?

neshcom

Banned
i'm usually into this type of games (telltale games, story driven adventures etc.)

so bought episode 1 at release, played it in for an hour or two in somewhat tired state.
it didn't click, got really bored by high-school drama aspects of it. deleted and forgot.

what i wanted to know is first hours of first episode representative of the series tone and story. should i give it another go, does it get better, weirder ?
Each episode is only a few hours long, so you either aren't far from the end or your taking a pretty leisurely pace. The "supernatural" element has grown almost exponentially so far, but if you couldn't stomach episode one, don't expect something different.

damidu

Each episode is only a few hours long, so you either aren't far from the end or your taking a pretty leisurely pace. The "supernatural" element has grown almost exponentially so far, but if you couldn't stomach episode one, don't expect something different.

hmm, i kinda felt asleep at some point where you were sifting through albums of your childhood friend or something.
and yes i was taking my time with it. reading journal entries, trying out all dialog etc.

anyways i'll wait for some more impressions, looks like episode4 is just around the corner.

Filben

I think this game is not for you. I find it gets better and more interesting but it really delivers through atmosphere, too. I listen to every thought Max, the protagonist, shares and really like to dive into this drama. So, if you almost felt asleep by reading those posters, albums, childhood memories, etc. I'd figure it's not the type of game you'd enjoy. You COULD give it another go and just ignore those atmospheric details (although some adds up to the story). But then again I doubt you would like it.

Basically it has to make "click" at the very first moment. At least that's my spirit. If I need to play five hours or so to "get into it" and to enjoy the last hours it's too bad but actually not worth my time. As for Life Is Strange I was hooked at the very beginning. But I got your point and from my own experience with games that didn't deliver in the first few hours, I would not recommend to play further. Yes, it gets more interesting but not THAT much that would totally convert you, I think.

tomtom94

Square Enix EU twitter got into a conversation with a couple of people, it's been confirmed Episode 4 will not be out next week but the official Twitter handle will let us know when it is coming out.

Basically 'it'll be done when it's done'

I enjoyed the game from the start and I feel it has been getting better with each episode, the drama has been getting more serious but I can't say the writing has, each episode is very similar, with the same gameplay mechanics and the main appeal being the mystery or Rachel's disappearance and how you can play with your powers, but like others have said if the game has not click with you by the end of the first episode, it is unlikely it'll click later.

You may want to give episode 1 a retry, play it differently and see how that goes

KingBroly

Banned
I feel like Warren being the bad guy is something they'd do because they're interested in shocking people. Plus
we don't know how the Universe would change by simply reverting to the status quo.

Top Bottom