• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

You're in luck. Add both Episode 1 and the Season Pass over at Newegg and use code EMCAVKR99. Comes out to be around $9.33

Appreciate the gesture! Although PS4 is what I need. =/ Glad to see some others can take advantage of this.

DOUBLEFREAKOUT.gif

lol Robbie Rotten

Choomp

Banned
I believe Neville Chamberlain said something similar about Hitler. :p

All you rabble rousers will pay when Warren
saves Max yet again from Samuel plant monster and fixes the space time continuum forever
. They'll go on to have the cutest relationship ever.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Every time I see this thread on the front page without a release date I die a little on the inside.

And Warren sucks.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Warren is the kid who saw all those teenage romcoms of the 80s and 90s and thought that shit actually worked. Son, you hold a boombox over your head outside some girls window, the cops are being called

A-V-B

Good, more teens is fine. I love to hear all the complaining from everyone that the characters are written poorly when they forget how stupid teens actually sound.

I still remember being a teen. It wasn't that long ago.

We all talked, basically, in English. We sometimes said words like "sketchy" or "chill" -- as in, they were words you'd only hear around the high school kids -- but not frequently.

People in Life is Strange talk like they're texting.

Still really like the series, but you can't deny it's at least a little awkward.

We all talked, basically, in English. We sometimes said words like "sketchy" or "chill" -- as in, they were words you'd only hear around the high school kids -- but not frequently.

Still really like the series, but you can't deny it's at least a little awkward.

It might have to do with the part of the country it's set in.

Sober

It's probably an approximation, seeing as the writer is an adult. It's hard to write as a teen because most people will imprint their adult selves into their teen body and assume things. I think for the most part it works without going too hard into sounding way to heavy handed and obvious an adult is writing teenager dialogue, but also enough to capture the fact that yes, even teenagers can have profound and emotional conversations and all that with their peers, and also the opposite.

A-V-B

Maybe if we're lucky, we'll have that final episode released on the same day as the end of the world in-game! Bodacious!

Filben

It might have to do with the part of the country it's set in.
Agree. Although I don't know the part of the country or USA well in general since I'm from Europe. But in my teenage age we also have some "weird" expressions. And not just occasionally. They were ones we used on a daily basis. And nowadays teens do the same in my region. Different expressions but the same awkwardness. The repetitive "hella" or "wowser" or other expressions totally fits to some of "ours".

I could give examples in my native language but I don't think I need to to prove my point.

wrowa

So we are looking at at least 10 weeks between episode 3 and 4? That's quite a lot of time, especially considering how the last episode ended. Well, I rather wait a bit than getting a rushed episode, of course, but episodic gaming continues being a bit frustrating. :(

They made a great job so far, though, especially with LiS being Dontnod's first episodic game.

tomtom94

My main worry at this point is how this delay will impact on the finale, seeing as at this rate we're highly unlikely to see the final episode before October and I doubt Square will want to run it against the big games releasing that month.

Otherwise, I went this long without episode 4, I know it's coming, not a huge deal for me.

My main worry at this point is how this delay will impact on the finale, seeing as at this rate we're highly unlikely to see the final episode before October and I doubt Square will want to run it against the big games releasing that month.

Otherwise, I went this long without episode 4, I know it's coming, not a huge deal for me.

Episode 2 was up on the same day as Bloodborne
Episode 3 was up on the same day as Witcher 3

...I don't think they mind taking on bigger games!

wrowa

Episode 2 was up on the same day as Bloodborne
Episode 3 was up on the same day as Witcher 3

...I don't think they mind taking on bigger games!

And why would they? It's not like they are catering primarily to new players. The people who are engaged in Life is Strange's story won't care about the finale coinciding with other heavy hitters. And new players will likely wait for another sale, anyway.

wrowa

Let's be honest, if the release would be as close as in "it'll release next week" then they would have announced a date and not just some vague "it's nearly done" post.

Reedirect

Let's be honest, if the release would be as close as in "it'll release next week" then they would have announced a date and not just some vague "it's nearly done" post.

Yeah, it won't be out next week (not even the pre-release patch has dropped yet). But if it means the week after that, I'm alright with that :)

Matush

Just finished episodes 1 and wow, I'm impressed. The game hooked me right after 5 or 10 minutes. Can't believe how good it is. Atmosphere, characters, setting and writing is sooooo goooood. In most games I don't even bother reading journals or character bios, but here I look forward to every one of them.

Also, LiS has probably the best use of licenced music I've seen in videogame by far.

GOTY contender for me, hopefully other episodes are as good as first one. (going right back to Dualshock)

Fret

Just finished episodes 1 and wow, I'm impressed. The game hooked me right after 5 or 10 minutes. Can't believe how good it is. Atmosphere, characters, setting and writing is sooooo goooood. In most games I don't even bother reading journals or character bios, but here I look forward to every one of them.

Also, LiS has probably the best use of licenced music I've seen in videogame by far.

GOTY contender for me, hopefully other episodes are as good as first one. (going right back to Dualshock)

u aint seen nothin yet brother

Top Bottom