• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

Looks like it's time for me to finally finish playing Episode 3, I stopped at the school swimming pool part and haven't picked it up since.

Let me just say that you should've finished this episode by now....the ending to this episode is well justified by the inherently slow middle portion of this episode IMHO.

Kaizer

Banned
Let me just say that you should've finished this episode by now....the ending to this episode is well justified by the inherently slow middle portion of this episode IMHO.

Well actually part of the reason I stopped playing is because I knew the anticipation and agony of waiting for the next episode's release date would suck lol. I'm happy I finally get around to finishing this one up & see the next in only a few days. The Witcher 3 & Arkham Knight have been keeping me busy.

Unsubscribing from this thread. Too many not the release date posts. Melt me when episode 4 comes out

pfvkkmG.jpg

Well, damn.

Announcement was a few hours after made this post. Gonna try the same thing after I finish episode 4 so we can get it a week later

Trailer spoiler stuff:

I don't know that that is alt Warren...it looked like he had the black eye from after Nathan decked him in Ep. 1. Was Warren sandbagging and could have whooped his ass the whole time? That would be hilarious.

I'm so excited! I don't think I've enjoyed any game this year as much as Life is Strange.

Well, Witcher III was a big one for me this year. But I've been playing a lot more digital-only games than in previous years, and the episodic releases like Life is Strange and the 37 games Telltale is putting out all rank among my favorites.

Jachaos

I shouldn't have watched this trailer. Sounded like it wasn't too spoilery but it was a fair bit in my opinion. Can't really compare to the other trailers since I only got the game a couple of weeks ago, so I don't have a point of reference to how spoilery the other trailers were.

In it we see
Lots of new places. A barn, a hospital, a massive safe and steel room and the party we already knew about. There's a bunch of whales dead but my opinion is it's to make us think we're still in the William-is-alive timeline but those whales are crashing on the beach in both timelines. We're reverting to the regular timeline because otherwise our choices would be obsolete and because like someone else mentioned Warren has a black eye in it. We now know Nathan knows stuff about that end thing, that Warren and him fight in the hospital while you're there - maybe on your way to visit Kate and ask her stuff but then if Kate is dead that doesn't make sense. We break into Dana's room with a fire hydrant? Or maybe it's the guys' dorm equivalent. Either way, quite a bit of stuff to go on. Assuming the party, hospital and investigation are all quite long, and that we spend some time in the alternate timeline talking to Chloe before going back, that doesn't leave much room for stuff we haven't seen.

Considering the end of Episode 2 don't you think a suicide joke is even more tasteless than usual?

I'm reminded of the quote "the easily offended deserve to be easily offended."

Incidentally, I wonder what the odds are of getting the last episode I'm September.

I am not watching this trailer. Why? Spoilers obviously! After playing through Episodes 1-3 and then watching the spoilers that were spilled in these respective trailers, I will abstain from watching the latest trailer.

Can't wait to play through Episode 4 and discussing the implications from this episode!

Amusingly enough there's a real possibility we might get episode 5 the same week the events are happening in-story.

That might be their plan all along. Dont know if a game tried it before, but a few TV shows did. I think think Person of Interest did it last season.

Just finished Episode 2.

Man, this game isn't afraid to tackle anything, is it?

I'm going to do episode 3 today because why not I have the day off and nothing better to do. I'll probably regret it later. XD

tomtom94

That might be their plan all along. Dont know if a game tried it before, but a few TV shows did. I think think Person of Interest did it last season.

Steven Moffat used to love doing it with Doctor Who, too... I assume it wasn't the plan, though, because otherwise they would have just said so, surely? Then they could have avoided all this "WHEN'S THE NEW EPISODE" malarkey.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm hype and all but the editing on that trailer is god awful.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's cut to avoid spoilers.

They haven't perfected how to make a hype trailer that doesn't spoil any major beats.

They can use less fade to blacks and rapid cuts for one.

I do appreciate them keeping it spoiler free, however. Life is Strange is a very sedate story, they don't need to flash scenes rapidly at me to keep me interested.

They've said that this is going to be a one-and-done story, right? It'd be badass if they go the "anthology" route like True Detective or Fargo and do a second season that keeps the name and some general themes but has an entirely different story.

They've said that this is going to be a one-and-done story, right? It'd be badass if they go the "anthology" route like True Detective or Fargo and do a second season that keeps the name and some general themes but has an entirely different story.

I believe they've said something along those lines, season two would have completely different characters and story.

tomtom94

The devs have said that's what they'd like to do, yes: http://www.polygon.com/2015/6/24/8838761/life-is-strange-season-2-new-cast

also in that story, apparently Dontnod's next game is a vampire RPG, which sounds novel

No need to be sorry. Who knows which sides Rachel also had - looking at the maturity of the themes so far, I am prepared for the weirdest Laura Palmer-esque shit :D ;)

The Twin Peaks vibe is real. Ep 2 spoilers
(I laughed at the 'Fire Walk With Me' photo)

Holy shit I just finished episode 3
is it tuesday yet.

What the fuck was that. How the fuck did that happen. Why. I don't know. My mind is broken. THIS IS SOME WEIRD SHIT MAN

I now join the wait for Ep. 4 with the rest of you guys. This is much better than any of Telltale's latest efforts, IMHO.

brau

Holy cow.. i'v been waiting to play this game after episode 1... can't believe its been taking this long to finish off the season.

Has it been a while? or am i just out of the loop?

Jachaos

Holy cow.. i'v been waiting to play this game after episode 1... can't believe its been taking this long to finish off the season.

Has it been a while? or am i just out of the loop?

January for 1st, March for 2nd, May for 3rd and now the 4th is coming July 28th. So if you played the first episode 6 months ago, it's sure been a while.

January for 1st, March for 2nd, May for 3rd and now the 4th is coming July 28th. So if you played the first episode 6 months ago, it's sure been a while.

Pretty amazing that episode 1 came out so long ago because I'm sure I have thought about it every day since I started playing, some days only for a moment but still. It being an episodic game means you think more about it I guess.

brau

Hmm.. i wouldn't hoped they would've been down by now haha... Had a great time with the first episode... heard the next episodes are a trip.

jediyoshi

No no no, yours, man! They'd be really valuable. So few people take the time to port from xnalara -- you won't find two people porting the same content, so if the one person who does port doesn't upload, it's almost like losing some kind of archaeological find.

I'm porting them over from the game directly :p Sorry, all the environmental stuff takes up 300-400+ files and is dumped into two different giant folders. No easy way for me to pick it back out. For future environments I'll try to make the directories easier to package

I think my timer is supposed to end on the very last second of Monday BST. So basically 0:01 Tuesday BST. I think some platforms will have the game up it at that time

Maybe I messed up. If so I will still Warren.

I was just trolling. I wouldn't worry about it, no-one's going to hold being a few hours off against you.

Did I say ban? I must have a permanent spoiler tag on that word because I ain't seeing it.
Making fun of someone and their respective fanbase isn't exactly clever mate, it makes you come across as childish which isn't impressing anyone,

Like I said, Internet badass over here.
You have to try and make your self seem superior because you can reply to a post with "calm the fuck down".
That quote itself makes you seem like you have an inferiority complex.

Also like I said, I was merely stating that I didn't think a date was going to happen and that I was sick of the devs messing us around with "soon" and "we can't talk about that yet" tweets.
That my friend isn't a lunatic.
I didn't direct that at anybody except from the devs.

Anyway, I'm glad we got a date! Can't wait to play EP4!

Should I watch the trailer anyone? Is it spoilerish?

Wow, what a post to wake up to.

1) So you were just planning on wasting the mods time? That makes no sense.
2) You're pretty new to GAF, so I'll give you some advice. Stop taking everything so seriously. You're not going to last very long if you can't handle being made fun of when you say something ridiculous. Take it on the chin and move on.
3) I AM a Metal Gear fan, I'm just self aware enough to realise it's the craziest fanbase in the industry (see: death threats to Kojima, real/CG, head doctor, Kojima being fired is a publicity stunt, etc.).
4) I'm the one with the inferiority complex? You're the guy who is way over-reacting to a late release date announcement and a joke. Jesus Christ, dude.
5) You didn't "merely" do that, you threw an internet tantrum because apparently the lack of a release date was the end of the world and by doing it here, you opened yourself up to being called out.

You think DONTNOD are just sitting there on their phones trolling everyone? No, they're working their asses off to get this game done. Compared to Telltale, DONTNOD are a very small studio, yet they're out-performing them on every front (writing, gameplay, graphics, performance, music and release consistency). Cut them some slack.

Top Bottom