• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

Gbraga

Beat the first three episodes in the span of the last last two days and after picking this up in recent Newegg deal and wow i'm glad I did and i'm even more glad I sat down and actually played it so excited for Tuesday! :)

Nice, welcome on board! I think it'll also be the first time I play a new episode day one ever since the first episode. I'm expecting things to go crazy around here.

Max upgraded her spirit animal!

fOHBZKM.png
SO YOU THINK YOU CAN RIDE THIS CHOCOBO?

epmode

Anyone else running into a bug with XBone controller support on PC? The rumble effect often continues for far longer than it should. Like, it'll be shaking 30 seconds after rewinding. I only picked up the game after Episode 3 was out so I don't know if the bug was happening before then.

Kaizer

Banned
I know I'm SUPER late to the party on this one, but I just finished Episode 3 and WHAT THE FUCK DAT CLIFFHANGER THO!?!?!?!

Can't believe it ended like that, I was expecting another gameplay section. I'm happy I waited to play this as I probably would've died from waiting for them to announce the next episode.

I know I'm SUPER late to the party on this one, but I just finished Episode 3 and WHAT THE FUCK DAT CLIFFHANGER THO!?!?!?!

Can't believe it ended like that, I was expecting another gameplay section. I'm happy I waited to play this as I probably would've died from waiting for them to announce the next episode.

I just finished it right this minute and these are my exact thoughts. What in the actual fuck. Never expected things to go this direction. Very glad I sat on the ep for like two months instead of playing it right that very instant LOL

Very good so far. One of the best games of the year imo.

Cool

Judging by the episode releases so far, episode 5 is slated to be released at the end of September/early October right? Seems I'll miss the impact of an E3 cliffhanger since E4 is out very soon, but I can live with that :p

edit: hope that's not a spoiler, people were talking about it openly earlier

I don't know about the UK but I haven't seen any deals in Canada so far.

Thinking about it, it'd be a bit twatty to the early adopters for them to out it on sale before its finished (hello Telltale), so I guess it'll be £15.99 until October at least. In that case, I'll buy it now.

I've finally been validated and my first post is about this awesome game! Episode 1 was really enjoyable but Episode 2 and 3 were just amazing, I can't wait for Episode 4!

Wingus

Thinking about it, it'd be a bit twatty to the early adopters for them to out it on sale before its finished (hello Telltale), so I guess it'll be £15.99 until October at least. In that case, I'll buy it now.

Life is Strange had a small sale a week or so ago on EU PSN. I think it was £12.99 for the complete season.

chadskin

How does this download work? I've just got a 2gb download, and a 372mb update file. Thought the episodes would be downloaded seperately

Sounds like you just download Episode 1. You have to download the episodes separately from the PlayStation Store, i.e. search for "Life is Strange Episode 2" and "...Episode 3" and download 'em.

Sounds like you just download Episode 1. You have to download the episodes separately from the PlayStation Store, i.e. search for "Life is Strange Episode 2" and "...Episode 3" and download 'em.

Cheers, notice that each episode is bigger than the last, does that mean they're longer/have more branches?

Jachaos

Cheers, notice that each episode is bigger than the last, does that mean they're longer/have more branches?

Might have more audio because you keep on adding branches whereas the dialogue in episode 1 will vary less, choices with big impact not coming until the quarter-mark. They're all about the same length otherwise, so I don't know what else.

Been listening to the soundtrack playlist on spotify today, man it's been a while since I've felt so strongly about a game.

Update on getting my sister to play it: We started playing last night, she seemed really into it though she lacks that gamer mentality of checking out every nook and cranny. She came up to me today asking me to tell her when I was done playing the PS4 so she could continue episode 2. Despite her having some problems with the camera (I think this might be her first 3D game). I'm excited to see her reaction to
the Kate scene

JonnyKong

I get excited at the thought of which amazing bands will pop up in the next episode. Ep 3 floored me by pulling that Bright Eyes song out of nowhere.

kubus

Since we're approaching the release of a new episode, I'll use this new page to remind everyone of the spoiler rules in this thread (though so far there haven't really been any problems, so thanks everyone :D)

• Discussion of trailers of unreleased episodes should be put in spoiler tags!
  • Please use spoiler tags when discussing the new episode, even vague things like "omg dat cliffhanger", even without specifying what the cliffhanger is, can be seen as a spoiler.
  • If you want to freely discuss the game without having to use spoiler tags, you can use the Spoiler Thread.

Thanks everyone and enjoy the new episode this Tuesday! I won't be playing it until mid August unfortunately, and it'll be hard to stare at black bars in the meantime... :D

Edit: Countdown clock to Episode 4:

PC/XB1 Countdown
t1438041600z4.png

PS4 US
t1438128000z4.png

Staf

Ok, i'm really itching for watching trailer 4 but am super paranoid about spoiler/ruining episode 4. I should just keep avoiding it and this thread but man is it hard!

Top Bottom