• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

carlsojo

I feel like this game is begging for a new game plus mode. Or at the very least the ability to fast forward dialogue. Would make replays way better.

kingocfs

Just finished Ep 3...FUUUUUUUUUUU

Ending had me legit shook. Also, ]idk how I missed Frank's gun, I didn't even think about looking for it. Now I'm nervous.

Great episode.

A-V-B

I'm porting them over from the game directly :p Sorry, all the environmental stuff takes up 300-400+ files and is dumped into two different giant folders. No easy way for me to pick it back out. For future environments I'll try to make the directories easier to package

No biggie, I can organize it myself. I mean, I have thousands upon thousands upon thousands of files already, 300-400 won't hurt.

Ok, so I bought the season pass and finished the first three episodes in two days. I'm weird like that. Here's what I'll say. It's good. Hell it's probably better than any Telltale game. It sure as hell is more technically competent than any telltale game (<3 you Unreal). But what makes it better is that it at least feels like you're choices matter more, even in the short run. With something like Game of Thrones (the other game of this type I'm playing right now) yeah you get characters that'll remember what you said, but it feels like it doesn't matter and by some sort of deus ex machina, it gets erased (fuck you episode 5 of that game.) With this though, you're able to see the immediate aftermath of your choices and chose which one you're most comfortable with. Plus there's a lot of them. Big or small. It gives you more incentive to explore the world and interact with the characters.

Speaking of which, the characters are better than one might expect. Going into this having seen a bunch of John Hughes and other high school movies, I expected a lot of the minor character to just be stock types. But they aren't. They have so much personality, complexity and nuance. Take Kate Marsh for example. In the hands of a dipshit writer, she would literally be the Christian fundamentalist with no real personality beyond that. But her actions in episode 2 elevate her beyond that... but that's going into spoiler territory and I want to only tag one thing. Plus the possible revelation that
the popular kids might actually be a cult conspiring the end the world (but that's just a theory, a game/conspiracy theory)
is beyond intriguing as all hell.

Not to say the game is perfect, Max's voice acting can be a bit better, and the blur effect is distracting especially in episode 1 but as far as Heavy Rain/Telltale type adventure games go, Life is Strange is the best one by far.

tl;dr Life is Strange is good and I'm glad I'm playing it right now.

KingBroly

Banned
I just completed episode 2 after a couple of weeks off. I want to get through Episode 3 before the next one comes out, so I don't run into spoilers.

Voyevoda

Pretty amazing that episode 1 came out so long ago because I'm sure I have thought about it every day since I started playing, some days only for a moment but still. It being an episodic game means you think more about it I guess.

You know what, I think that's true for me too.

I think about this game so much, that I listen to the music every single day (among other songs, from the same artists, and other similar ones), annoy my friends who have played it every single day about how much I need that ep 4, and have gone and picked up The October Country (that book is fucked up... but good).

Need that ep 4 :(

I think about this game so much, that I listen to the music every single day (among other songs, from the same artists, and other similar ones), annoy my friends who have played it every single day about how much I need that ep 4, and have gone and picked up The October Country (that book is fucked up... but good).

I also watched the movies they mentioned in episode 1, Cannibal Holocaust was euhm, something special all right.

Fret

Reviewers get the game tomorrow, hopefully someone comes in early and tells us if its good like they did for Episode 3

Jachaos

Some lines made me think it was Ashley Johnson but turns out I was wrong. Other lines make that obvious too, but there are various points where Ellie and Max sound very similar.

Some lines made me think it was Ashley Johnson but turns out I was wrong. Other lines make that obvious too, but there are various points where Ellie and Max sound very similar.

Ellie swears like a sailor and is more flippant in her demeanour. The pitch of the voicei s also different.

Bousf

I can't wait to play Ep.4, it's most likely going to end on a huge cliffhanger, as next episode is the last one.

The tension at the end of Ep.2 and the freak-out at the end of Ep.3 were just great :)

jobrro

Been seeing the hype for this game since the early days. Bit the bullet after Ep3 in a PSN sale after seeing this thread at the top of GAF over and over, but after playing 1-3 back to back probably 6 weeks ago (and feeling almost every bump of the thread ever since) am happy to see episode 4 is almost here. Hoping episode 5 is here by mid October.

I just got a new update after the episode 4 patch. Anyone else?

Most likely a fix for this...

OX48q0E.png

On Steam I haven't seen any patch at all

Looking at PS4 it says it is a 372MB patch, but the download shot up to 330MB quickly.

So it is basically a very small amount of changes atop the old patch

No new patch notes, they still say 1,03.

So I think it is the subtitle fix

tomtom94

I can't wait to play Ep.4, it's most likely going to end on a huge cliffhanger, as next episode is the last one.

The tension at the end of Ep.2 and the freak-out at the end of Ep.3 were just great :)

If I had to predict the ending I'm pretty sure it will have something to do with
those files you see at the end of the first two episodes, I think we might see either Chloe or Max's file being added

Then again seeing as I doubt anyone saw the ending of 2 and 3 coming it could be anything really...

On Steam I haven't seen any patch at all

Me either.

Thinking of buying this and playing with my gf... Does this have French subtitles?

Adding you what jediyoshi said, on PS4 it they are there too, you have to set the console language to French though, and then the whole interface and subtitles will be in French.

I really wish DONTNOD/SCEE would fix this:

I already own the season pass, why would I want to buy the first episode or play the demo? And it's so cluttered that if I scroll down to Related Items, it doesn't scroll up despite being slightly off-screen, because it's not designed to be that cluttered. Looks terrible.

Reedirect

I already own the season pass, why would I want to buy the first episode or play the demo? And it's so cluttered that if I scroll down to Related Items, it doesn't scroll up despite being slightly off-screen, because it's not designed to be that cluttered. Looks terrible.

Isn't that more of a general PS4 dashboard thing? But that "buy" prompt also annoys the hell out of me. I'm kind of insulted when I spend 60 dollars on a game and the first thing I see when I scroll down is the option to buy it again.

Max's voice acting can be a bit better.

Disagree, I think it's pretty much perfect (as is Nathan's). Warren's VA is strangely off-putting to me though, and that's coming from someone who otherwise likes the character.

Bousf

If I had to predict the ending I'm pretty sure it will have something to do with
those files you see at the end of the first two episodes, I think we might see either Chloe or Max's file being added

Then again seeing as I doubt anyone saw the ending of 2 and 3 coming it could be anything really...
It's hard to predict how things are going to go, but I love the Ep.4 promo because
it shows us the files room and if that room is hidden under the barn Max is investigating, we may get to it soon! The vault shown is endgame imo, I feel like that is Ep.5 stuff, but we'll see.

I wonder how Ep.4 will go in terms of length...

LeonSPBR

Try to delete the season pass and download it again. Maybe that will work for you.

shiba5

Between this and Tales from the Borderlands, it's been a great year for episodic games. Can't wait for this to come out.

Spoiler from trailer:
I saw Chloe's beat up truck so I guess we go back to that timeline - and everyone is gone??

Beat the first three episodes in the span of the last last two days and after picking this up in recent Newegg deal and wow i'm glad I did and i'm even more glad I sat down and actually played it so excited for Tuesday! :)

Top Bottom