• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

Ok, i'm really itching for watching trailer 4 but am super paranoid about spoiler/ruining episode 4. I should just keep avoiding it and this thread but man is it hard!

As someone who has been super critical of trailers in the past, I think this one was done great. Showed enough to be interesting, but not enough to spoil anything big.

The other trailers basically told the story of the whole episode in condensed form, this one shows a few scenes, but not enough to ruin story.

The EP3 trailer showed a scene for the last 10 seconds of that episode!

Pachimari

I'm well into Episode 2 now, and is at the diner, where I have to keep an eye on what happens when Chloe's mother walks through the diner.

It's progressing well.

kubus

I put a countdown timer in my post at the top of the page. Didn't know what time to set it to so just went with the same one as that reddit post.

I'm well into Episode 2 now, and is at the diner, where I have to keep an eye on what happens when Chloe's mother walks through the diner.

It's progressing well.

My fave episode!

The
bottle
you wont be able to find in about 10 minutes is a bit behind the building in the middle of the area... hug the left wall of the outside of that building!

Staf

Ok, just watch the trailer and my hype is through the roof. Great trailer and didn't really spoil anything for me.

Pachimari

I'm not feeling it. I were really into it in Episode 1. Maybe I'm just not in the right mood while playing Episode 2. I don't have the patience to read all the posters, brochures and all that, and I want to do that so that I feel I don't miss anything.

tomtom94

I'm not feeling it. I were really into it in Episode 1. Maybe I'm just not in the right mood while playing Episode 2. I don't have the patience to read all the posters, brochures and all that, and I want to do that so that I feel I don't miss anything.

If you're not feeling it, I'd put it away until you do to be honest, I think that being in the right frame of mind is important for this game.

tomtom94

Tom Gould put up another comic. In spoiler tags because it contains the solution to a puzzle in episode 1:
life_is_strange___pain_t_no_angel_by_thegouldenway-d92vvyd.jpg

Shouldn't the two timers on this page end 1 hour later than they do currently? I'm pretty sure the previous 2 episodes unlocked at 2 am here and the current ones end at 1 am for me.

Shouldn't the two timers on this page end 1 hour later than they do currently? I'm pretty sure the previous 2 episodes unlocked at 2 am here and the current ones end at 1 am for me.

My dumb timer is counting down the what the review embargo time of the last two episode were (0.01BST). The games also released around this time, as I remember people freaking out about playing when the reviews were getting published the last two times.

I have no idea what the embargo for this Ep is, but my guess is it is the same.

Danj

Tom Gould put up another comic. In spoiler tags because it contains the solution to a puzzle in episode 1

Neat, I didn't know you could spoiler tag images. Also missed opportunity to have sunglasses and a YEEEEEAAAAAHHHH in the last panel lol

epmode

Unfortunately spoiler tags don't work on Mobile

Yes. If you have a picture, please put spoiler tags around the URL link to the picture, not the IMG link. I've already had the mobile site display a few things I didn't want to see in other threads.

Neither do I, which is a shame.

I feel the lack of review code is a sign there must have been a big rush by Dontnod to get this done on time. People don't have code, as there is just no code to give. Maybe tomorrow.

Yo, does that mean it's actually out Monday night for those of us in North America?

Different platform and different regions make this a bit messy. Based on Ep2 and Ep3, 25 hours from now the game should just have released in some place - like Steam (for some regions at least).

The CM for the game has commented on the SE Blog that a full region/platform timetable will be posted, but no one will be getting it before 0.00BST. The game is at least 25 hours away - maybe more based on platform/region.

Anteater

you don't really have to force yourself to read all the posters and stuff, just make another save file or replay the chapters if you really wanted to after finishing the episodes.

dock

Completed ep 2 with the gf tonight. Really great!
I'm surprised at how lengthy each episode is, it's taking us a while to get through each one.
Looking forward to ep 3 and 4.

Gears

So fucking hyped. Im also happy Until dawn is coming out so soon, now Ive got something to fill in the space while i wait for episode 5

outsidah

Well I just played through EPs 1-3 this weekend and even though some of the dialogue made me cringe I had a really good time with the game. I guess I had great timing as I only have to wait 2 days till EP4!

...it will probably make the wait for EP5 that much worse

Ace001

Just played he demo, seems like a quality game. My gf quite liked it and she doesn't game at all...

Question: if I buy the first Ep and after decide to get the whole season, does the price of the season adjust to a reduced price... As iTunes does.

I'm talking about the PlayStation store

Thanks

Persona7

Banned
Just played he demo, seems like a quality game. My gf quite liked it and she doesn't game at all...

Question: if I buy the first Ep and after decide to get the whole season, does the price of the season adjust to a reduced price... As iTunes does.

I'm talking about the PlayStation store

Thanks

Episodes 2-5 are available in a pack. I think 16 dollars. It doesn't adjust if you buy more than one episode though.

neshcom

Banned
Much appreciated. PlayStation really should give a reduction scale. Silly not to.

Ok, I'm giving this a shot!

Actually that matches on Steam. 1-5 is cheaper than 1 and 2-5 separately, but not much. Not like you can buy any of 2-5 individually.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Just played Episode 1-3 over the last several week. The first episode left me intrigued but not hooked, but glad I stuck with it as my engagement dramatically increased the further I played.

No spoilers, but these cliffhangers are just brutal, particularly episodes 2 and 3. I was nearly an emotional wreck after witnessing the credits roll tonight on the third chapter. Thankfully episode 4 is coming out in a couple days to see where this mess leads, but goddamnit it's like this game just tortures us for our decisions.

Definitely a game I can't recommend enough...so far. Sluggish start, but it really takes you for a strange and occasionally rough ride. Hope it pans out well as it enters its concluding chapters. The 2-month wait for the final episode is going to be insane if Ep. 4 continues the quality of the last two. Square deserves a lot of respect for backing this project and the team properly.

It is pretty tough waiting for each episode, but at least there's something to anticipate. Once episode 5 releases, there'll be nothing left to look forward too :(

Gbraga

It is pretty tough waiting for each episode, but at least there's something to anticipate. Once episode 5 releases, there'll be nothing left to look forward too :(

Hopefully we'll look forward to months of discussion about a great ending to a great series :')

Some stuff being open to discussion, interpretation and speculation also wouldn't be bad at all for the kind of story it is.

And we can always bond over "whens next game dontnod pls" <3

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I definitely will give Remember Me another chance soon. Never progressed beyond the first hour or so.

Top Bottom