• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

just finished Chapter 2 (I told myself not to play the game until all episode are out, but couldn't resist)

after seeing the end of chapter 2. I hope it doesn't end like Stephen King's 11/22/63

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Do the episodes typically release at a US Midnight time or must we wait for GCT?

Jachaos

Just played Episode 1-3 over the last several week. The first episode left me intrigued but not hooked, but glad I stuck with it as my engagement dramatically increased the further I played.

No spoilers, but these cliffhangers are just brutal, particularly episodes 2 and 3. I was nearly an emotional wreck after witnessing the credits roll tonight on the third chapter. Thankfully episode 4 is coming out in a couple days to see where this mess leads, but goddamnit it's like this game just tortures us for our decisions.

Definitely a game I can't recommend enough...so far. Sluggish start, but it really takes you for a strange and occasionally rough ride. Hope it pans out well as it enters its concluding chapters. The 2-month wait for the final episode is going to be insane if Ep. 4 continues the quality of the last two. Square deserves a lot of respect for backing this project and the team properly.

They do, it's cool seeing them give this team and this project what they needed as far as production values go.

Square is basically the only publisher who didn’t want to change a single thing about the game. We had other publishers telling us to make it a male lead character, and Square didn’t even question that once.
- Dontnod Creative Director Jean-Maxime Moris

Same story with Remember Me too before they went to pitch to Capcom.

"We had people tell us, 'You can't make a dude like the player kiss another dude in the game, that's going to feel awkward."
- Here

It's cool that the Japanese publishers have been open to their ideas and didn't have Dontnod compromise on their visions. Seeing how it's sold a million so far, It also seems they won't have to hope for Bandai-Namco or something with their next game. I think those sales are a good start for Square-Enix to be satisfied.

Gbraga

I definitely will give Remember Me another chance soon. Never progressed beyond the first hour or so.

I can definitely relate to that. In fact, just downloaded it yesterday. Granted, I never played even the first hour, but Life is Strange convinced me to give it a shot as soon as I can, there must be some interesting stuff with the story and world, as well as characters. Unless the gameplay is straight up broken, I feel like it has to be underrated around these parts.

Staf

I can definitely relate to that. In fact, just downloaded it yesterday. Granted, I never played even the first hour, but Life is Strange convinced me to give it a shot as soon as I can, there must be some interesting stuff with the story and world, as well as characters. Unless the gameplay is straight up broken, I feel like it has to be underrated around these parts.

Gameplay isn't broken. It's not very exciting though. But, it still is beautiful and have a great story with a cool memory gameplay mechanic.

Maedre

Banned
I've made some avatars if anybody needs one.
7YjcOZI.png

IYxF4q7.png

thx :D

Review embargo is once again 0.01 UK for anyone doing the review thread for EP4.

No idea what sites will get reviews up with the code delay though.

kubus

PC/XB1 Countdown

PS4 US

Crazy to me it was their first game. Would like to see what they could do with a AAA budget again someday

Thanks, updated my post above!

Have fun y'all! Or at least... I hope the episode is fun... I don't know if I can handle more depressing things ;^;

Gbraga

PC/XB1 Countdown
t1438041600z4.png

PS4 US
t1438128000z4.png

Crazy to me it was their first game. Would like to see what they could do with a AAA budget again someday

Whaaat, already? Though I think I'll only play it tomorrow because I wouldn't be able to finish it in one sitting judging by the time it's supposed to go live. I usually take 4~5 hours to finish each episode.

tomtom94

Yeah, given that it doesn't unlock until 1AM, I'm going to wait and play it tomorrow evening I think. I'm in danger of falling asleep otherwise.

cormack12

Gold Member
Those 'Remember Me' screenshots looks amaze!

Is it a title worth remastering or is it too janky and I should just blast through it on PS3?

Grisby

Those 'Remember Me' screenshots looks amaze!

Is it a title worth remastering or is it too janky and I should just blast through it on PS3?
It didn't sell very well if I remember correctly, so odds of a remaster are low.

Played fine on the 360, little jank but I felt it was polished enough. Can't imagine the PS3 one is too bad.

Venom Fox

Banned
When does this come on to the store in the UK? 12am tonight?
Episode 3 came on at 12am so maybe this will.

Edit: looked up and saw the chart, sorry.

tomtom94

New patch
In preparation for tomorrows Episode 4 launch, we've just pushed a new patch to Steam.
Episode 1 only users will have roughly a 90MB download.

When Episode 4 becomes available at 00:01 UTC:
2.4GB (!) download for Episode 4

Specific issues addressed in Episode 1 patch:
Preparation for Episode 4.
Improved stability for users in certains areas of the game.
Auto resize text display for item descriptions so it always fit the screen.

It includes all fixes in previous patch
http://steamcommunity.com/app/319630/discussions/1/620713633861474735/

ViviOggi

Tonight's the night

Not gonna stay up though, rather be fresh to fully appreciate the episode. What's another day after what, two months of waiting?

It isn't already out in the UK? Huh, I didn't expect them to do a separate midnight release for each EU PSN country.

I'm guessing I'm about halfway through, though I'm taking my time.

I am officially going to ruin my body clock by going to sleep at like 7pm tonight I'll set an alarm to wake me at 11.45pm.

My body will hate me for this for the next two or three days, but it will be worth it.

EU psn getting it right for once is unusual though.

Top Bottom