• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

Persona7

Banned
11 days

H6Nz1Df.jpg

Mr. RHC

Episode
1 is good.

The game is like Heavy Rain's daughter. Actually, I think Max is Shaun
from Heavy Rain. /plottwist

Also, the puns are great. Can't help it but feel that the school and
characters feel a bit too clichéd. I like however that I can check out
all posters, devices etc.

Episode
1 is good.

The game is like Heavy Rain's daughter. Actually, I think Max is Shawn
from Heavy Rain. /plottwist

Also, the puns are great. Can't help it but feel that the school and
characters feel a bit too clichéd. I like however that I can check out
all posters, devices etc.

Yep, it was enough to get me hooked even though it might be 2nd weakest episode.

SomTervo

Honestly, with the dialogue in this game, I can almost see a line like that coming.

It'll be more forced and angsty, though

"Chloe, life is strange sometimes, we can't just hop through time changing anything we want"

The ending's the journey, too.

Yeah but the ending doesn't justify the entire thing. That's the point. The whole thing stands on its own even if you take the ending away.

Jyrii

Banned
This is a really cool idea. What model did you go for? I've just looked on EBay myself and I don't have a clue what to go for.

SX-70. No idea how good it is, but it looks nice at least (I got one in black). Film tested polaroids will raise the price way up, but untested can be bought quite cheap. Be aware that film costs quite a lot though. Impossible Project seems to be the only one that makes polaroid film anymore.

JonnyKong

Yeah the cost of the film is putting me off a little.

Although obviously not as cool as the old school Polaroid cameras, I might treat myself to a Fujifilm Instamax instead.

I just want to own some physical photos, I think I actually own about two :/

Yeah but the ending doesn't justify the entire thing. That's the point. The whole thing stands on its own even if you take the ending away.
I totally agree with you, but I think Mass Effect 3 proved that no matter how great a game's journey is, if the ending sucks, people will berate the game to hell and back.

Fujifilm has a couple of nice instant film cameras, and they have their own film too though i don't know if it's built specifically for their cameras or if it's compatible with standard instant film slots.

They also make bigger instant film for land cameras and instant film backs.

MikeDown

Banned
Somewhat off topic, but to those doing lets' plays it is a good idea to turn off the music. My channel was just taken down cause of the audio in several of my playthoughs. Which is upsetting cause I put alot of love into that channel over the years.

Montresor

Somewhat off topic, but to those doing lets' plays it is a good idea to turn off the music. My channel was just taken down cause of the audio in several of my playthoughs. Which is upsetting cause I put alot of love into that channel over the years.

Music is a huge part of what makes Life Is Strange great. I would NOT watch any Let's Play of this game if I couldn't hear the outro song to Episode 1 or the intro song to Episode 2, or Episode 4's
rave
music.

Honestly I would go as far to say that playing Life Is Strange without music would take out almost all the fun. Fuck, the main menu theme alone is giving me warm, happy thoughts right now.

Isn't it possible to get a free pass if in the video description you include a google music or iTunes link to music included in your video?

Joeku

Man, that blows. Sorry to hear that.

ekgrey

SX-70. No idea how good it is, but it looks nice at least (I got one in black). Film tested polaroids will raise the price way up, but untested can be bought quite cheap. Be aware that film costs quite a lot though. Impossible Project seems to be the only one that makes polaroid film anymore.

Just a word of warning: unless Impossible has changed their formula, the film is really inferior to the old name-brand stuff. I bought a couple cartridges from them and within a few months, all the images had greatly faded. After a couple years, you could barely tell anything used to be there at all. I have Polaroids my grandmother took when I was a baby almost thirty years ago that still look vibrant today.

MikeDown

Banned
Music is a huge part of what makes Life Is Strange great. I would NOT watch any Let's Play of this game if I couldn't hear the outro song to Episode 1 or the intro song to Episode 2, or Episode 4's
rave
music.

Honestly I would go as far to say that playing Life Is Strange without music would take out almost all the fun. Fuck, the main menu theme alone is giving me warm, happy thoughts right now.

Isn't it possible to get a free pass if in the video description you include a google music or iTunes link to music included in your video?
The music is part of the game adding to the atmosphere, but regardless of that lawyers or their content ID system doesn't care. I will be perusing legal action.

Jyrii

Banned
Just a word of warning: unless Impossible has changed their formula, the film is really inferior to the old name-brand stuff. I bought a couple cartridges from them and within a few months, all the images had greatly faded. After a couple years, you could barely tell anything used to be there at all. I have Polaroids my grandmother took when I was a baby almost thirty years ago that still look vibrant today.

Yeah, I have also heard their film isn't great. But I am mostly aiming to get pics for decoration that I can switch around easily.

FrsDvl

I just finished episode 4 for a second time. Why did it says "Episode 5 "polarized" available now" on the bottom of the screen. Liars :(

Also about episode 5 (episode 4 spoilers)

that picture Max took with Warren, if Max is the one that has the picture, it would be a pretty safe bet she would rewind to before they entered the end of the world party, right?

Blues1990

I just finished episode 4 for a second time. Why did it says "Episode 5 "polarized" available now" on the bottom of the screen. Liars :(

Also about episode 5 (episode 4 spoilers)

that picture Max took with Warren, if Max is the one that has the picture, it would be a pretty safe bet she would rewind to before they entered the end of the world party, right?
It's possible, but that would depend if Max can escape from that hell hole she's gotten herself into. Also depends if the drugs haven't neutered her time manipulation powers.

Not sure if anyone mentioned this beforehand but I'm currently updating LiS to version 1.05, 235MB update file. The wait is almost over!

If you are updating to 1.05, that patch is well over 2 month old. That was the patch to fix a rewind bug that got introduced in Episode 4.

I would not be surprised to see 1.06 hit soon though.

If you are updating to 1.05, that patch is well over 2 month old. That was the patch to fix a rewind bug that got introduced in Episode 4.

I would not be surprised to see 1.06 hit soon though.
Oh boy, am I late. The last time I played it was the day episode 4 dropped so that makes sense as to why I didn't have it.

I'm not sure when they'll release the 1.06 update then, maybe in another week. I'm anticipating another 10 second teaser to be released tomorrow though.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Just finished Episode 4 of Life is Strange. WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Somebody hold me. That ending has legit shook me to the core :( Fuck everything ! This ending blew me away more than Episode 3's ending. So glad I have not been spoiled for anything in Life is Strange. Now I have extremely high expectation for Episode 5. Hope it delivers !!!

Uploading my play through to my Youtube channel too so you guys should check out my whole Life if Strange play through :D

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
DONTNOD pls. Don't make me cry on stream when I stream my play through of episode 5. The potential is there.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Go get the Telltale games on sale if you haven't to hold you off, guys.

Playing GoT right now and it's scratching the itch LiS left me with.

Went to NYCC and got super excited Life is Strange was at square's booth, thinking it was a preview of the final episode, it just ended up being episode 1. Super lame. On the bright side i found a cosplay of max and chloe. Hyped for this last episode next week, and on my birthday too. Oh life is good!!!

Venom Fox

Banned
Went to NYCC and got super excited Life is Strange was at square's booth, thinking it was a preview of the final episode, it just ended up being episode 1. Super lame. On the bright side i found a cosplay of max and chloe. Hyped for this last episode next week, and on my birthday too. Oh life is good!!!
I'm sorry but that is hilariously bad cosplay :) I actually LOL'd when I scrolled down and that pic appeared on my screen.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
It's not amazing, but if you guys think that's bad, I seriously envy you, because you haven't seen what really bad cosplay looks like.

I picked up the complete season pass as part of the $100 for $15 promo going on and figure I'll wait until the final episode drops and just play it all through. Really looking forward to it.

JonnyKong

I'm gonna be really sad when this is all over and I won't have much to post about in this thread anymore once we've discussed the episode. This is the longest amount of time I've spent in a thread since becoming a Gaffer.

Played 1-4 on PC but bought it on my PS4 because my laptop is terrible.

I'm ready for a complete playthrough! Maybe I'll be kinder to Warren...
/s

Top Bottom