• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
PGW should be particularly good for getting new LiS players, considering Dontnod is French. Maybe if they state that it is so, it will get some people interested.

Or maybe I'm just reaching here.

Squire

Banned
Life is Strange is coming to Paris Games Week, why though? It's a few days after Episode 5 is released. Could we be getting DLC or confirmation on Season 2?

Square takes the game to every event they go to and it's always just the first episode.

It's just marketing.

god damn it I thought I was going to get tales of zestiria this week to keep me busy until ep 5 but it looks like amazon is shipping the CE next week instead.

Can anyone tell
what shirt max(?) is wearing in the teaser? i can barely make it out

It looks like it's an outline of an insect, butterfly maybe?

the optional photos are showing up now under the achievements for episode 5 on xbox, if anyone wants to see. Some are....interesting to say the least.

obviously avoid them if you care about things that could potentially be spoilers.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Just curious, which version of the game seems to be the best? PS4 or PC?
I'm kind of worried that I'll get only Xbox controller prompts when using my DS4 on the PC.

Nabs

Could someone who used DS4 with the Steam version can confirm/deny that the PC version has only Xbox controller button prompts?

It uses 360 prompts, but it shouldn't be too big an issue. If you're asked to press a face button, it'll show all 4 buttons and highlight the one you need to press. It's not like you'll be pressing a bunch of buttons anyway.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
It uses 360 prompts, but it shouldn't be too big an issue. If you're asked to press a face button, it'll show all 4 buttons and highlight the one you need to press. It's not like you'll be pressing a bunch of buttons anyway.
Oh, so the game doesn't have any QTEs which require reflex?
If that's the case I can deal with Xbox prompts.

Fret

Just curious, which version of the game seems to be the best? PS4 or PC?
I'm kind of worried that I'll get only Xbox controller prompts when using my DS4 on the PC.

Definately play it on PC, game looks far better and runs very well, I get like 150fps walking around most areas

TheKeyPit

Banned
With Episode 5 relasing soon, I thought now would be the right time to jump in on the game, right? Is the time stuff really cool and have great consequences?

Fret

With Episode 5 relasing soon, I thought now would be the right time to jump in on the game, right? Is the time stuff really cool and have great consequences?

Definitely, there's some great sequences involving the time travel stuff

Last 30 minutes of Episode 3 is probably the best thing I've played this year

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Thanks for the answers, I'll be grabbing the Steam version then.
Each episode is about 1-3 hours long, right?

Fret

People, the epi 5 optional pics have leaked, so you all better watch out for spoilers!
Luckily I was able to avoid them this time :)

Episode 5 achievements have been out on Steam since the first episode iirc, there's no spoilers in them at all

They seem to get longer and longer, episode 4 was the longest at about 3.5 hours for me

Fret

No I'm talking pictures, not the achievements associated with, so they have like, location spoilers.

how would they have been leaked? can you even see the pictures you take ingame? and even if someone leaked the pictures, why wouldnt they just leak everything else about episode 5?

Each took me around 3 hours

30 mins of one of them was (very minor spoiler)
looking for a fucking bottle
though

Massively hyped for E5 after completely burning out on MGSV. Come to realise lately that I much prefer an 6-15 hour authored experience for the most part

how would they have been leaked? can you even see the pictures you take ingame? and even if someone leaked the pictures, why wouldnt they just leak everything else about episode 5?
In the past the pictures and title screen of episode 4 were leaked a playtester, so I imagine that's the case too this time. Don't know why they wouldn't reveal more though.
Also you can just see the pictures in your album so they just screencap that page.

no, the pictures show up for the achievement tiles on xbox.As I posted above,people that have the game on xbox can just go on xbox.com and look at them.

and yes, they do spoil some pretty big things

What did they think of the game? I haven't really heard anyone from GB playing it -- Brad and Jeff did a quicklook, and seemed to enjoy it. Haven't heard anything from GB East.

They found some of the dialog a bit awkward (expected, I think), but they said they'd like to keep playing. They got to the part where
Chloe picks you up from the parking lot

Fairly sure Brad finished Episode 2 as he talked on the Bombcast about the
Kate suicide scene

Don't think there's been an update since though :(

Can't believe after all the waiting the release is already next week. I still have to finish my second time of playing this from the beginning, I'm in middle of Episode 4 at the moment. Have to be really careful with the spoilers from here on out.

JonnyKong

Omg.

3 days GAF.

Three days.

This game is still probably going to be my GOTY even if the ending is sub par (which I bet it won't be).

It's constantly stood out for me throughout the year and has.. moved me in a way games rarely ever do.

Grisby

What did they think of the game? I haven't really heard anyone from GB playing it -- Brad and Jeff did a quicklook, and seemed to enjoy it. Haven't heard anything from GB East.
They seemed to like it. The dialogue causes them to crack wise but at the end they all wanted to keep going. It's a voting deal though they have up on one of their threads, so it's up to the audience of they continue.

ryanofcall

Omg.

3 days GAF.

Three days.

This game is still probably going to be my GOTY even if the ending is sub par (which I bet it won't be).

It's constantly stood out for me throughout the year and has.. moved me in a way games rarely ever do.

Probably GOTY for me, too. If you share my weakness for teenie drama, too, make sure to go see "Me and Earl and The Dying Girl"
Sorry for Offtopic ;)

MikeDown

Banned
My body is ready :D I work four tens, friday-monday so that gives me three glorious days to enjoy the final episode.

Calling it now that Samuel is t
he Squirrel King and he is summoning the storm to destroy the competing wildlife so that the squirrels can become the dominant species in Arcadia Bay. And also Warren is Hitler in disguise.

Spoiler from the trailer here

12113311_464254537090949_1608400192192080021_o.jpg

JonnyKong

Probably GOTY for me, too. If you share my weakness for teenie drama, too, make sure to go see "Me and Earl and The Dying Girl"
Sorry for Offtopic ;)

I actually watched this only two weeks ago the plane home from my holiday! I thought it was fantastic. I keep meaning to try get hold of the soundtrack. I loved the song near the end when she was
watching the film he made for her, right before she dies :(

So I read a page or two back that the update for version 1.06 was released. I tried to update my version (PS3 here) but it said I already had the latest version. Any one else encountering this?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Someone with a camera, squatting in front of Max, whose hands are bound in front of her.

Probably Jackson judging by his dress shirt and man hands.

Top Bottom