• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

TheKeyPit

Banned
I've just completed my purchase for the complete season. I've played the demo back when the first episode released and enjoyed it. Can't wait to play it after reading a bit through the thread.

I have to wait until next weekend to play this, because I'll be out of the country at an event. I wish it wasn't coming out while I'm gone, but am happy for those who are really anticipating it like myself.

major spoilers for episode 1-4 and episode 5 speculation

I wonder if not blaming Jefferson means that Victoria ends up dying.
Woah!
Hopefully not! I think Nathan would have something to say about that though and I think that's why her binder is empty. Not because she's next but because Jefferson wanted to use Victoria already but Nathan possibly deterred him since that's his best friend. Possibly anyway, I never thought about this scenerio until I seen your comment. :p

wouwie

So episode 5 is officially happening in two days? I enjoyed episode 1-3 a lot but i wasn't impressed with episode 4 (my least favourite of the all episodes so far). Then other games came along which meant i paid less attention to this game in between episodes compared to the previous ones.

It's time to get hyped again though. Hopefully, the last episode will offer a great conclusion to a great game.

Roussow

In regards to how it can end;

I can see them following either two templates, they can either go with The Walking Dead season 1 style ending or The Walking Dead season 2 type ending.

The first ended on the same very distinct note for everyone, their were a few variations, but for continuities sake -- it was the same broad-strokes ending, and it was very effective, because it was the definitive end of the story, the writers story & every players story.

Season 2 took a different route, tailoring 3 majorly different endings with many variants within them including variants post the diverging point, 1 of these endings was incredibly weak, I think it's generally agreed upon to be the worst (every variant of it), but the other 2 were pretty spectacular in my opinion, rivaling the first games endings quality.

So episode 5 is officially happening in two days? I enjoyed episode 1-3 a lot but i wasn't impressed with episode 4 (my least favourite of the all episodes so far). Then other games came along which meant i paid less attention to this game in between episodes compared to the previous ones.

It's time to get hyped again though. Hopefully, the last episode will offer a great conclusion to a great game.

Woah, that's kinda nuts. I thought 4 was the most well rounded episode of them all -- the escalation and revelations were on point -- I thought it ended 3 or 4 different times, it just kept going, and that was a good thing, it was very rewarding.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Can someone please remind me if they've confirmed a retail release after all digital one's are done ?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
hopefully its one of the midweek sales on steam (since the midweek is also on the 20th)

Mikeside

The first video on my new YouTube channel is a quick synopsis of Life is Strange for people who don't know much about it.

Obviously it's not really aimed at anybody in here, as you'll all know the game, but I thought some might enjoy, or be willing to give a bit of feedback?

I'm already aware that the audio quality isn't great and am hoping to get a new microphone for recording soon, but any other criticisms more than welcome!

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Everybody hold on to your butt ! Less than 2 days to go now till Episode 5 :O Ya'll ready for some bitter sweet ending ? Because I'm predicting a bitter sweet ending.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Im into ep 3 now. Beside some annoying fetch quests everything has been great. Glad i waited to play cause id hate to have to wait for the next one. Writing and voice work is very well done in this. I really love how emotional it is. It has a good focus of the audience its trying to play to.

Persona7

Banned
Woah!
Hopefully not! I think Nathan would have something to say about that though and I think that's why her binder is empty. Not because she's next but because Jefferson wanted to use Victoria already but Nathan possibly deterred him since that's his best friend. Possibly anyway, I never thought about this scenerio until I seen your comment. :p
Oh yeah. Hmm. But Nathan seems to not know the whole picture as well. About Rachel anyway.

Can someone please remind me if they've confirmed a retail release after all digital one's are done ?

They said they would look into it a long time ago but nothing else has been said since.

It's actually much shorter if you know what your looking for and don't spend time looking for details rather than stuff to move the plot forward. Just finished my replay of ep 4, got every trophy so far so I'll platinum this.

I killed Chloe again

I really don't know whether to be excited or sad about the final episode. This has been one of my favourite games this year and I can't wait to see how it ends, but I will be gutted when it is all over. I can't imagine a second series (if we get one) will be out any time soon, or if it will be able to capture the magic of this one. The characters are what make it for me and it would be hard to make a new game with the same cast.

rdytoroll

Just finished Episode 4 and god damn, that ending... did not expect that at all

Here's my theory about
Nathan's
involvement:

The Prescott family runs the town with their normal business, but in the background they also offer a service for wealthy people with their Dark Room in their family-barn. People can pay the family for this service. Nathan provides the drugs because of his involvement in the drug & party scene. Kinda like hostel, but without the crazy torture (I hope). Drugged women are dragged into the Dark Room, where the businessmen can take photographs for their fetish and do whatever they want with them. If a woman doesn't obey and tries to escape she gets killed just like Rachel did.

Jesus Christ, this story got dark.

Pooya

A happy outcome would be too cheap, they have been hinting that Max can't fix everything all the time and her powers just don't work at all at times. I hope it's not some cliche ending that she fixes everything but her very existence is removed from the timeline and similar.

Just finished Episode 4 and god damn, that ending... did not expect that at all

Here's my theory about
Nathan's
involvement:

The Prescott family runs the town with their normal business, but in the background they also offer a service for wealthy people with their Dark Room in their family-barn. People can pay the family for this service. Nathan provides the drugs because of his involvement in the drug & party scene. Kinda like hostel, but without the crazy torture (I hope). Drugged women are dragged into the Dark Room, where the businessmen can take photographs for their fetish and do whatever they want with them. If a woman doesn't obey and tries to escape she gets killed just like Rachel did.

Jesus Christ, this story got dark.

the prevaling theory is that some of the letters in the dark room are from Jefferson to Nathan, and that Jefferson's been guiding Nathan through all of this as some weird fetish type thing, and Nathan's parents either don't know or they know and are OK with it as long as Jefferson makes sure Nathan gets some sort of photography pedigree as a result of working with Jefferson

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
With ep 5 so close, I finally started playing this game after sitting there on my PS4 for months, and whoa man, it's really good, like, super good.

Question tho, about episode 2's ending:
Was Kate's death really irreversible? I screwed up on the last reply, panicked, and quickly quitted to the PS4 menu. Went back and saved her, I guess you can say I used my own super power, ba dum tsss, ha.. ha.. ha

rdytoroll

the prevaling theory is that some of the letters in the dark room are from Jefferson to Nathan, and that Jefferson's been guiding Nathan through all of this as some weird fetish type thing, and Nathan's parents either don't know or they know and are OK with it as long as Jefferson makes sure Nathan gets some sort of photography pedigree as a result of working with Jefferson

That really makes a lot of sense. We'll soon find out

Famassu

Daaaayummmmm @ dat Episode 4 ending. Things just got (even) real(er), yo. I had my suspisions about the twist at the end at one point, but I didn't think about it too much as the story advanced so it was still a bit of a surprise.

Heimbeck

Banned
I really don't know whether to be excited or sad about the final episode. This has been one of my favorite games this year and I can't wait to see how it ends, but I will be gutted when it is all over. I can't imagine a second series (if we get one) will be out any time soon, or if it will be able to capture the magic of this one. The characters are what make it for me and it would be hard to make a new game with the same cast.

DONTNOD have said that if they did another season it would be with a different set of characters.

Anteater

So anyone thinking they will delve into the supernatural or not? I hope they pull a black lodge sort of deal.

dontnod said they're trying not to make it a scifi game and focusing on "coming of age" story, like they said explaining why max got the time rewinding power isn't the focus, etc.

sooo I have no idea, they could've changed their direction

just 2 days tho, the day that determines whether gaf will turn on the game or it being the goty

CHC

I think I'm going to buy and play this once the last episode is out and reviewed. Looks cool but I've held off until now. Pretty excited based on others statements in this thread.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Just finished ep 3. Goddamn someone spoil something for me and tell me if i could have prevented that?
you know her becoming paralyzed?

micster

I'm confused. Is episode 5 launching tonight at midnight (UK time, about 20 hours away)?

I'm playing the UK version, but in Japan so I'm pretty confused with all the timezones it this is right or not haha.

I'm confused. Is episode 5 launching tonight at midnight (UK time, about 20 hours away)?

I'm playing the UK version, but in Japan so I'm pretty confused with all the timezones it this is right or not haha.

I haven't seen any mention of release times, but if previous episodes are anything to go by, I'd expect the final episode to go up tomorrow evening EST (so yes, about 20 hours away, give or take a few hours). I've never had to wait until Tuesday to play an episode, at least.

Top Bottom