• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

I'm also hearing that the Australian release will be this Monday. I will be doing a media blackout come Monday morning. Too bad it seems like the PS4 PSN won't update until sometime Tuesday. :(

I'm also hearing that the Australian release will be this Monday. I will be doing a media blackout come Monday morning. Too bad it seems like the PS4 PSN won't update until sometime Tuesday. :(

Source? Based on the last couple of episodes, all EU PSN (including NZ and Aus) stores will get it at midnight Tuesday local time. So it'll come out in NZ two hours before Aus and 12 hours before the UK.

epmode

Well that's weird. I loaded up the PC version for the first time in a while and my XBone controller is now detecting the right trigger as the rewind function. I can't jog/run.

Anyone seen that before?

edit: Fixed it by switching the controller driver from Microsoft Xbox One Controller to Xbox Controller in the W10 device manager. I feel like Microsoft's XBone drivers are fucky.

Source? Based on the last couple of episodes, all EU PSN (including NZ and Aus) stores will get it at midnight Tuesday local time. So it'll come out in NZ two hours before Aus and 12 hours before the UK.

The PC version of LiS episode 4 came out on Tuesday at 00:01 AEST in Australia, which means 10am for America for the East Coast, Monday. Sorry, I should have specified.

~Kinggi~

Banned
With the final episode arriving soon, i finally tonight started the copy i bought at launch. Man this is awesome. I can already feel the feels.

I'm currently about half way into episode 2...god dammit, these choices drive me crazy... why does Chloe have to get so pissy because I answer a phone call >_<

Tuck

Finally started episode 4, only played a little though - guess I wasn't really in the mood. I'll play more throughout the week, hopping between it and Bloodborne.

Excited to see the end of this story.

Before I go ahead and rollback my drivers, are there any pc players here who have had any experience with audio beginning to stutter after about an hour of play, leading to windows straight up crashing and rebooting? Basically a BSOD minus the blue screen. Never seen anything like this before. And I'd think that any serious bugs like this would've been fixed with them so close to releasing the final episode. I'm about 40 min into Episode 2 and I've experience this whole system crash twice now.

Before I go ahead and rollback my drivers, are there any pc players here who have had any experience with audio beginning to stutter after about an hour of play, leading to windows straight up crashing and rebooting? Basically a BSOD minus the blue screen. Never seen anything like this before.

I've had no issues. What kinda setup you got? What version of Windows?

I've had no issues. What kinda setup you got? What version of Windows?
Windows 7, 4670K, 770 2gb. Most up to date drivers. I've got an external sound card that I run all my audio out of. It's never been a problem before, but maybe I'll try unplugging it and seeing how it fares with Realtek or whatever the hell audio drivers I've got.

The PC version of LiS episode 4 came out on Tuesday at 00:01 AEST in Australia, which means 10am for America for the East Coast, Monday. Sorry, I should have specified.

That's not true, they came out at 10:01am Australian time on Steam. Dontnod even made a chart for the Episode 4 release, which can be seen here:
http://dontnodentertainment.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:6139

NZ PS4 owners got it first, 12 hours before Steam owners.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
So it's midnight Tuesday (Wednesday 00:01) on Aus PSN? Wish there was pre-load or something I'd love to get through as soon as possible so there's no risk of spoilers.

oh man, I forgot this was dropping this week. Along with the final episode of Tales from the Borderlands and Tales of Zestiria. It's going to be a busy week!

Just played through the first 4 episodes. So interesting although
I was suspicious of Jefferson from the beginning and was ahead of the story by a good 2 episodes most of the time...I think I'm too into the mystery genre...

I ended up telling a friend my theory while I was playing Episode 3 and he was finishing Episode 4 and he hasn't stopped telling me to fuck off for
making him suspicious of Jefferson

Definitely excited for Episode 5

SlickVic

Just played through the first 4 episodes. So interesting although
I was suspicious of Jefferson from the beginning and was ahead of the story by a good 2 episodes most of the time...I think I'm too into the mystery genre...

I ended up telling a friend my theory while I was playing Episode 3 and he was finishing Episode 4 and he hasn't stopped telling me to fuck off for
making him suspicious of Jefferson

Definitely excited for Episode 5

Yeah, I don't think
Jefferson being one of the bad guys
was meant to be a huge surprise. I think the story kinda starts nudging you in that direction when
him and Kate have that talk at the end of Episode 2 and basically the next scene is her on the rooftop.

Yeah, I don't think
was meant to be a huge surprise. I think the story kinda starts nudging you in that direction when
him and Kate have that talk at the end of Episode 2 and basically the next scene is her on the rooftop.

Yeah I agree.
I know I was suspicious the whole game but when you could blame him at the end of Episode 2 is when I was convinced he wasn't innocent

Fret

Yeah, I don't think

I think you're meant to suspect that he's kind of in on it in some reluctant way, but I don't think anyone was expecting him to be so evil that he shoots chloe in the face

Anteater

SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

2 days to go

so like I wonder if people want a happy or sad ending

I've been expecting a good/bitter sweet ending since dontnod said the game has a coming of age story before the game even came out (so no spoilers)

A-V-B

SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

2 days to go

so like I wonder if people want a happy or sad ending

I've been expecting a good/bitter sweet ending since dontnod said the game has a coming of age story before the game even came out (so no spoilers)

I hope the ending is highly reactive to my playthrough.

Persona7

Banned
major spoilers for episode 1-4 and episode 5 speculation

I wonder if not blaming Jefferson means that Victoria ends up dying.

Persona7

Banned
I've said this before but mark my words Episode 5 will end with a customized ending montage that changes different scenes dependant on your choices throughout the game

I was thinking about this too but I wonder how they would actually do that because I think all the montages are pre-rendered videos. Maybe they can have a ton of clips and then stitch them together based on a script or something that matches your choices.

Fret

I was thinking about this too but I wonder how they would actually do that because I think all the montages are pre-rendered videos. Maybe they can have a ton of clips and then stitch them together based on a script or something that matches your choices.

That's exactly what they'll do

Persona7

Banned
Still waiting for a physical version, maybe at PGS...

I will end up buying a physical version if they do release one. Probably the PS4 version since I already have the PC version. Or better yet, maybe Square-Enix will release the final version on GOG and I can burn the game to my own disk.

Kinda hoping for a straight up sad ending

I kind of have a feeling that this will happen.

justjim89

Kinda hoping for a straight up sad ending

It wouldn't surprise me, but I hope we get a happy one.

Watch it be something like Max is in a situation that will surely result in her death, and rewinding doesn't take you back far enough. So try as you might, you can't save her and eventually just have to let her die.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
The ending will probably be bittersweet. Not a full happy ending but not a full sad ending. Makes sense, right ???

Top Bottom