• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

Anyone know when reviews will hit?

As far as I know, a season pass code is been provided to review the game, which means no one will be able to delve in until the game publicly launches as no separate codes are provided to outlets this time to download ahead of time. This is my personal experience, if others sites are been treated differently than this I do not know.

I'm in a middle of playing quite a few games at the moment, but I'll drop everything else as soon as episode 5 is released. I'll probably finish my second round of episode 4 later today.Can't wait.

dity

I'm in a middle of playing quite a few games at the moment, but I'll drop everything else as soon as episode 5 is released. I'll probably finish my second round of episode 4 later today.Can't wait.

Yup, as soon as ep 5 comes out everything EVERYTHING is going on-hold.

Fret

As far as I know, a season pass code is been provided to review the game, which means no one will be able to delve in until the game publicly launches as no separate codes are provided to outlets this time to download ahead of time. This is my personal experience, if others sites are been treated differently than this I do not know.

Yeah, I think I remember this happening with Episode 4, the reviews came out after it was released

Karak

Yeah, I think I remember this happening with Episode 4, the reviews came out after it was released

Actually I was informed a few lucky ones get it early but about 90% don't. I can assume the 10% who do and sadly I am not one of them LOL. Whats strange is I know some did get 4 early(or maybe that was 3), or had access to it and...never or didn't review it until much later.

Lots of issues behind the scenes with the episodic content and codes for reviews too. Sounds like more than just this title might be impacted soon. So lots of these kind might see reviews post release.

KingBroly

Banned
At this point, the people who have played all 4 episodes are already in for Episode 5. So reviews will only benefit those who are looking to see how the entire thing panned out in the end.

Persona7

Banned
Wall of shame!

m8RyeAW.png

Squire

Banned
This article on Warren is great.

Interestingly, and completely anecdotally, the vitriol I've heard towards Warren doesn't seem seem to be swayed by gender. Some female friends of mine find him reminiscent of creeps they've known, while others insist that he's very respectable. Some men identify with him and defend him, while other others are particularly harsh towards him. My belief here is that a lot of guys see a part of themselves in Warren and find that idea troublesome. Everyone wants to think they're much smoother in these situations than they really are, but simply condemning Warren misses the point that there's a little Warren in all of us.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...trange-flips-the-script-on-video-game-romance

I'm confused. Is episode 5 launching tonight at midnight (UK time, about 20 hours away)?

I'm playing the UK version, but in Japan so I'm pretty confused with all the timezones it this is right or not haha.

Based on previous releases, yes, it should go up at 12am Tuesday local time on all EU PSN stores. So as a NZer, I'll be downloading it in ~98 minutes.

Unless of course they do something different this time around but hopefully not. I'm planning on staying up until I finish it.

Warren is dorky but that's all he's really guilty of. That and y'know, helping out occasionally. The rest of the stuff people are putting on him is projection.

Footos22

Based on previous releases, yes, it should go up at 12am Tuesday local time on all EU PSN stores. So as a NZer, I'll be downloading it in ~98 minutes.

Unless of course they do something different this time around but hopefully not. I'm planning on staying up until I finish it.

Curse all you upside down countries!

Squire

Banned
Warren is dorky but that's all he's really guilty of. That and y'know, helping out occasionally. The rest of the stuff people are putting on him is projection.

I get that though. I think if you're a very socially aware/concerned person, it's very easy to project onto Warren and it's understandable.

At the same time though, as markedly different as my personal background is from Warren, on the most basic level, I was definitely a little like him.

I wanted girls to like me, I tried to be good about it, and when nothing came from it, I was hurt. I can't really think it's unreasonable to be 15 and want a girlfriend, coming from a straight male POV.

So in that sense, I think Warren's detractors are a little hard on him and I'd be a little disappointed if they came through with the last episode and turned him into a cartoonish villain caricature of the kind of teenager that posts on bodybuilder forums about how all women are awful bitches because really, he just hasn't been built up that way. It'd very disheartening.

I really hope it comes out at the same time as the previous episodes, playing it at 1 am has become a tradition.

Wall of shame!
Fug I'm on it.

Yeah, my problem with Warren is that he reminds me too much of myself from a few years ago, so every scene with him feels super awkward to me.
I still don't dislike him, he just makes me feel a bit uncomfortable.

spekkeh

Banned
Yeah, my problem with Warren is that he reminds me too much of myself from a few years ago, so every scene with him feels super awkward to me.

Interesting, he also reminds me of me (though I don't get the 'not smooth' part, he's making funny jokes out every awkward situation, real teenagers would stumble much more), but that was 15 years ago, and so I'm totally at peace with how awkward I was back then. Even slightly nostalgic. That's why I'm rooting for the guy.

dity

He reminds me of back when I used to be really bad around women, as well as blowing up in anger. Bad parts of how I used to be when I was a teen.

Warren, Warren, Warren. I really feel like everyone projects other people and archetypes onto him, that all the hate he gets is really undeserved. A bit too keen on Max? Sure. Kind of obnoxious? You bet. But well intentioned as all get out and a loyal friend. I really hope they don't turn him into a cardboard cutout redpill jerk like so many seem to think he is.

I just hope it's not going to end exactly like Donnie Darko. I'm fine with everything else.

Butterfly Effect, then?

Curse all you upside down countries!

From here, you guys are the upside down ones.

But with Australian internet speeds it will be like it comes out and the same time as us anyway :)

I wonder if NZ internet is better than Australian internet these days. Most of the country seems to have fiber available.

3 more minutes.

Edit: Aaaaand itsnothing.jpg

I guess Dontnod/Square Enix aren't being awesome this time around, that's super disappointing.

Edit #2: It's up, just 15 minutes late! Downloading now. 3.257GB on EU PS4.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
From here, you guys are the upside down ones.

I wonder if NZ internet is better than Australian internet these days. Most of the country seems to have fiber available.

3 more minutes.

Edit: Aaaaand itsnothing.jpg

I guess Dontnod/Square Enix aren't being awesome this time around, that's super disappointing.

Edit #2: It's up, just 15 minutes late! Downloading now. 3.257GB on EU PS4.

Could you link the PSN page please? It'll be easier to check that than refreshing search.

dity

It'd be cool if Dontnod released a little guide with release dates for time zones and systems again like they did for last episode.

I've been hyped for this for so long (and lurking this thread mostly).

I edited this into my last post a little late but just to make it clear, you guys don't have any spoilers to worry about from me. I played Episode 4 first too and didn't post any.

Warren, Warren, Warren. I really feel like everyone projects other people and archetypes onto him, that all the hate he gets is really undeserved. A bit too keen on Max? Sure. Kind of obnoxious? You bet. But well intentioned as all get out and a loyal friend.

That's what I'm thinking as well. I never had any problem with Warren. One interesting thing in final is to see how his story plays out with Max.

LUXURY

Tonight is the night. I feel like it's a night where I'm expecting so much great things to happen, and they will, but then immediately after I'll feel empty because all I've waited for will be done and over with. This game has been such an amazing rush and a fantastic way for a story to unfold. I can't wait to feel that feeling tonight. Let's go Max, we've got one last thing to do.

SomTervo

That's what I'm thinking as well. I never had any problem with Warren. One interesting thing in final is to see how his story plays out with Max.

It's just the perving through the bedroom window in the morning...

I was always pro-Warren but that overstepped the mark.

Also I can't believe it will all be over in a matter of days. I just can't believe it.

tomtom94

Reckon it might be time for me to bail out of this thread until I get a chance to play the episode (probably going to be Thursday afternoon).

Stay cool, Strangers.

delSai

Cant wait to play Ep. 5, LiS is easily one of the best games this year and my hype for the final episode is insane.
C'mon let me play it already >_>

Top Bottom