• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

Very interested to hear impressions and reviews on the last episode. They've been building it up quite a bit and especially the last two episodes have reviewed really well generally. I hope the fifth episode can keep up the high level.

On the same note I'm also bit nervous to see the conclusion. Hoping it'll be great and just to see how the story ends up on an emotional level.

Just got the platinum.
I feel so empty now that it's all over. And I don't regret any choice I made in that episode, everything just felt right.

Violet_0

Banned
so, episode 5 isn't out in Europe yet? I checked for updates but Steam doesn't find anything
e: oh nvm 2am, guess I'll play it tomorrow

Gbraga

2-2.5 hours long. I'm not saying any more than that.

Could you rank the episodes?

Or at least say how long the other episodes took you in average? Because 2~2.5 doesn't mean that much out of context. I usually take 4~5 hours with each episode, so if I don't know the context, this seems really short. But I know a lot of people take 2~2.5 per episode, and so this would be standard length.

It seems the new patch also lets you skip dialogue in collectible mode

Thank you Dontnod

edit: Seems you can also now play collectible mode in chapters that don't have collectibles.

I chuckle at those of you upset over the episode releasing late even though it's technically before the proper store update! Muahaha!

I do this because I have to wait until tomorrow, bwaaaaah :(

did anyone on xbox one have the all optional photos achievement for episode 4 glitch on them? It never unlocked for me after I got them all, and still seems to be impossible to unlock.

did anyone on xbox one have the all optional photos achievement for episode 4 glitch on them? It never unlocked for me after I got them all, and still seems to be impossible to unlock.

Had this issue, hard reset, reloaded the game and save, selected a random photo I already had in that chapter, picked it up--unlocked.

Had this issue, hard reset, reloaded the game and save, selected a random photo I already had in that chapter, picked it up--unlocked.

Ive tried that, deleting the game and reinstalling, going into a new file and getting them all again.

It doesnt seem to be the typical "Done--unlocking" thing it does. Its just straight up "Locked"

Matush

Whats the filesize for Ep 5? Wonder if PSN will be okay at midnight (in 3 hours). Want to stay up and finish both LiS and TftB.

Saiyan-Rox

Hype levels at Max (<heh)

Although I have a feeling by the end of the episode The Feels will be at max.

This and Tales from the borderlands in the same night

Samara

I refuse to watch the trailer, gonna go to work then come home & do a Let's Play with my girl. Then I got to wait to resolve my legal issues before I get my channel back.

whats your channel?

Gonna watch Frasier from farfromsubtle.
The wait is almost over

jakomocha

I don't think I've ever been as hyped for something as I am for LiS Episode 5. I know I haven't posted much here, but I've been obsessed with LiS from day one. I doubt I can play Episode 5 until the weekend though...

Roussow

Just finished episode 5.

If anyone has any spoiler free questions, feel free to ask me, tag your questions anyway, even if they are spoiler free -- and I'll tag my responses, just so the general OT remains as spoiler free and clean as possible.

Just finished episode 5.

If anyone has any spoiler free questions, feel free to ask me, tag your questions anyway, even if they are spoiler free -- and I'll tag my responses, just so the general OT remains as spoiler free and clean as possible.

Did you like it?

Phocks

Just finished episode 5.

How do you get it early?

Astarte

Just finished episode 5.

Did any of the twists make you go :O

Roussow

How do you get it early?

Australian PSN

Did you like it?

Yes (slightly more specific follows, very general comments and thoughts though)
First 10 - 15 minutes felt a little off, pacing wise it started in an expected, but a little awkward spot. Although it only improved dramatically as it went on, some might say it gets a little self indulgent towards the end, but as a fairly die hard fan, I really embraced it. It ends very strong. My front-runner for best game of the year -- it really goes for it, it's hard to explain, but it really does do everything this story can do.

window.jpg

Yeah, so? What is so evil about that again? Dude has a crush and is waiting for her to get up so he can run into her.

Look, I'm going to admit, when that window picture first came around, I was shitting on Warren too. But I changed my mind about him in episode 4, dude is willing to take a beating and help out whenever he can, and he hasn't really done anything wrong to have all this shit thrown at him.

Roussow

Did any of the twists make you go :O

Not really, no. However that's not a criticism (more specific albeit general comments follow)
There wasn't really any crazy twists to speak of, more just interesting directions the narrative takes -- each new scene is something you really don't see coming, it goes places quite unexpected, and does very creative things, surprisingly creative considering what the season has presented thus far, but not really any downright "twists" that really got me.

dieter

Neo Member
Just finished episode 5.

How long did it take you to finish? I'm working tomorrow and trying to decide if should fire it up tonight or wait till tomorrow.

Ive tried that, deleting the game and reinstalling, going into a new file and getting them all again.

It doesnt seem to be the typical "Done--unlocking" thing it does. Its just straight up "Locked"

Hmm, I'm honestly not sure then. The only thing I could recommend is waiting a few days and launching it again. The unlocks do seem bugged on it, Episode 2 achievements unlocked during Episode 4 for me and I played each one on day of release.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Really glad I didn't play 4 when it first came out. Waited until it was time for 5 and just played thru it now. That ending cliffhanger would have been KILLING me for the last couple months.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Game crashes when I try to load now.

Just finished episode 5.

Rate all episodes from best to worse

Roussow

Rate all episodes from best to worse

4, 5, 2, 3, 1
and the reasons for that are as follows, spoilers for episodes 1 through 4;
I feel like Episode 4 left the biggest impact, I think, it's has a few problems, for one Max loses agency going into the vortex party, their's a bit of a disconnect here. But it still had the confrontation with Frank, the detective puzzle, the dark room reveal, resolution with most of the core characters at the vortex party, the Mr. Jefferson reveal, Rachael Ambers fate, the scenes with alt. reality Chloe. It stands out to me as both having the best and the most content, which is surprising to me.

Episode 5 I'll sit in second place for now, obviously it's build very heavily on what's come before -- but you'll see for yourself soon enough.

[Both episodes 2 & 3 sit quite equally for me, each time I look at this order I change my mind whether I like 2 or 3 better]

Episode 2 was the Kate episode, her arc may as well have began and for some of us (me included), ended in this episode as well, a really powerful,more self contained story. Kate dying at the end was something I'll never forget, I'm still upset I couldn't save her.

Episode 3 one of my favorite moments in the whole series, which was the morning after the school break in. Just lying in the bed listening to music beside Chloe, that was a really effective scene to me. Episode 3 overall was a little more underplayed and subdued than episode 2, after Kate's suicide it was appropriate to take some down time, after all. This episode built up Chloe's character the best out of all of the episodes, (maybe tied with Chloe's scenes in the alt. reality in episode 4) making her truly likable and compelling. I didn't completely warm up to her until the break in scenes. Jumping into the photos was a great thematic addition to Max's power set, too -- and the cliffhanger of Ep 3 might be the best one of all -- even better than 4 as far as intrigue goes.

Episode 1 is still fantastic, it built a great foundation, and the rest of the series capitalized on it.

I can see any order being justified though, there's no real weak episode -- I think 1 sits at the bottom, it has the least going on, but it's a strong start. 4 I think everyone can agree had the most going on, and wins purely because it got most of the big payoff scenes -- it's hard to fuck up with the opportunities and scenes episode 4 is given. 5, 3, & 2 I can see being mixed around in any order though.

Top Bottom