• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

Ugh tomorrow is going to suck, At my college there are alot of gamers and I fear hearing any spoilers, and then I wont be able to play until late tomorrow night. DAMN YOU MICROSOFT!

i decided to hop on xbox live chat to see if there is an issue. I am assuming they have no idea what the fuck I am talking about. They are asking for my email, and to verify my account with a code they sent me.....I just asked a general question about the store updating tonight

Unless it's different per series, then this is wrong.

For Game of Thrones, new episodes have always come out at around 8/9pm EST on the Tuesday before the scheduled Wednesday release date.

That's what I said, haha. Xbox is always Wednesday release, but the store drops them Tuesday evenings.

"Telltale has revealed when you'll be able to play the next instalment in its Game of Thrones series.

Episode 4: "Sons of Winter" will be available on PS4, PS3, PC and Mac from Tuesday, May 26. Xbox One and Xbox 360 owners get the installment a day later on Wednesday, May 27, while it arrives on iOS and Android devices on May 28." (IGN)

I don't want to post this in the spoiler thread because I haven't finished yet, so for anyone who completed the optional pictures:

Where can I can the one related to the skull and cigarette?

I believe you gotta take a picture of a skeleton in the school hallway when everything is going backwards. It's near the bathroom door.

Crzy1

Just wrapped it up, was really happy with episode 5. Episode 4 is definitely the highlight of the entire game for me, but I liked the way the story was resolved. Going to play back through it again on my "mean Max" save game and see how the different choices worked out. Definitely a surprise hit for me this year, possibly even my game of the year, I don't think I've every played anything quite like it. Possible GOTY for me is saying a lot considering what's come out this year, but I think this one is going to stick with me a lot longer than other games I've played this year.

Spoiler for the end of the game. Not too specific, but still worth tagging (and still could ruin the ending for you), I don't want to go into the spoiler thread until I make it through the game again and want to share my thoughts at least.
It looks like the split is fairly even between the choices so far, but it seemed pretty obvious to me from early on what was going to happen, so that's what I went with. I don't want to get to specific in a non-spoiler thread, but it felt like the entire time the game tried to make it obvious that if you fight fate, the consequences could be worse than the way things were supposed to turn out. It's a shame that Max's rewind powers are never explained, but I can live with that.

FrsDvl

I totally forgot that I also own this on steam, and yeah, I could've been finished this by now, rather than waiting on the x1 version. Go me :D oh well, I'll play tomorrow

Finished it, 5/5 GOTY. Now I'm going to duck out of this thread because
every single time there's a story game people aren't happy with the endings and I feel like everyone misses the point entirely.

I have no idea if this is accurate. But I saw this posted by a guy that does a lot of guides on an achievement site....anyone know if this is true?

"I regret that due to a change in how the Xbox Marketplace works now, I will not be able to play this tonight, and it will likely be late tomorrow night before I have this guide filled in.

Previously, the marketplace refreshed worldwide at 12:01am GMT, which is 8pm EST (the day before). So with this releasing tomorrow, it would actually be available to me tonight. However, now the marketplace waits until 12:01am local time, and I won't be able to stay up that late to play it."

So midnight Pacific for me I guess? Wait, can East coast people get it right now?

Finished it, 5/5 GOTY. Now I'm going to duck out of this thread because
every single time there's a story game people aren't happy with the endings and I feel like everyone misses the point entirely.

What did you think it was? I thought a big theme of that game is
a meta commentary on games like this and how your choices never matter

What did you think it was? I thought a big theme of that game is
a meta commentary on games like this and how your choices never matter

I agree there's some of that meta commentary going on, e5 in general is filled with meta references to the game and fan base in general. But I take issue with the idea that the ending invalidates any of your choices just because it's a binary - regardless of which choice you make, everything that has happened in the game did happen, even if it was in a separate timeline. Chloe straight up references it as well, when she says to remember her and that the last week meant something to her even if Max was entering a timeline where none of those events technically took place.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
A decent episode. A good finale but the worst standalone ep, I think. It's basically wrapping up the great present that was the rest of the game.

oh...so yeah, there is a problem with it going up on xbox live right now.

SWYXwxN.png

and I want some cookies now

UsNgvYD.png

Just finished. Episode 5 was good, but some parts of it dragged on for too long. Mixed feelings on the ending. Episodes 2-4 are when Life is Strange is at its best. Excellent game overall.

The price we pay for finally ousting Harper was this, wasn't it Microsoft? You bastards </3
So by engineers looking into this does that mean we are looking at a Wolf Among us season pass issue again? As in days before a proper fix?

The price we pay for finally ousting Harper was this, wasn't it Microsoft? You bastards </3
So by engineers looking into this does that mean we are looking at a Wolf Among us season pass issue again? As in days before a proper fix?

giphy.gif

I will probably go buy it and play it all over again on something else if thats the case

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
What a god damn ride, won't post any spoilers here but I enjoyed the last episode.

out of boredom, I tried xbox live chat again and got this answer lol

q9527ZK.png

I went on to tell them that all previous episodes have been released the night before, and the dev said that it would be the same for this one. They responded saying that the dev could be doing some last minute checks or something

Top Bottom