• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

Certinty

I can't play it, easily my GOTY so far but I just don't want it to end.

Can't believe it was only £16 anyway, biggest bargain gaming has had in years.

Steamlord

Uh...wow. Good job, DONTNOD. I'm not even sure what else to say.
I was surprised to see that the final choice was almost an even split. I mean, I understand, but... Anyway, I guess now Max can finally go on that tea date with Waifu OTY.

I don't know if I can declare this my GOTY in a world where SOMA exists, but man they're both so fucking good.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Does the game only track the first choice everybody picks, or does it tally both choices if you re-load and pick the other choice? Because I, like I assume many others, re-loaded and watched
both endings

Alec

Yeah, seems like PSN is just broken. Keeps saying my credit card info is invalid even though I'm using PayPal?

This happened to me the other day. Be careful! I tried too many times (like 5) and they locked my account for a day. Contacted support and they couldn't do anything.

I had to buy a PSN card from Amazon and redeem it that way to buy anything.

spekkeh

Banned
Ughhh

Early in the morning I set my PS4 to download it, but the PS4 update messed it up and now it takes 8 hours (!!) to download even though I have fiber? Fuck PSN srsly.
(edit okay it moved down to 35 minutes)

Yeah, seems like PSN is just broken. Keeps saying my credit card info is invalid even though I'm using PayPal?

It's been doing that for well over a week now for debit/cc/paypal for a lot of people. Only way I got around it until they sort it is just buy PSN digital codes on Amazon and add them to my wallet.

Ah, that feeling when you click on a spoiler tag by accident, and get only vaguely spoiled. Could be better, could be worse
That feeling when you accidentally click the spoiler thread without noticing and proceed to casually read...

Downloading now, will play tomorrow afternoon after class.

Onivulk

Banned
Hey just lurking the thread and I'm so close to buying all 5 episodes because this game seems super cool but I'm confused about something.

I see a lot of people hinting that the ending is great but, isn't this supposed to have multiple endings based around player choice?

FluxWaveZ

I see a lot of people hinting that the ending is great but, isn't this supposed to have multiple endings based around player choice?

Not quite. That really shouldn't be something that stops one from playing, though. It's no Mass Effect 3, where the ending retroactively destroys everything that came before it.

Danj

Oh man. I started playing the minute I got home from work and I just finished like 5 minutes ago. This game. THIS GAME. GOTY 2015 for sure.

Though, I felt like one of the endings was more realistic and better fleshed out than the other. And I also felt like there should've been a third choice.

But hell, it was still an amazing experience and I am gonna recommend it to everyone I know.

... I guess I should switch my avatar back to normal now that's over.

Okay, my Ep 5 is glitchy as FUCK. Anyone else having troubles? I had one complete freeze after the
plane
scene, one glitch out during a rewind, and one that caused
Jefferson
to become the Invisible Man with just a disembodied
syringe
floating about. It's absolutely killing my flow here.

Okay, my Ep 5 is glitchy as FUCK. Anyone else having troubles? I had one complete freeze after the
plane
Jefferson
syringe

Episode 5 was way buggier than the episodes usually are. Had a total freeze after
the first focus
and had to reset the game.

Trouble

Banned
plane
Jefferson
syringe

I only had one issue, nothing was clickable
outside the diner
until I did a full rewind about a dozen times.

dock

I planned this evening around playing Life is Strange on the PS4 with my gf. I set the episode downloading via the website over breakfast. Checked when I got home in the evening, it hadn't started. I set it downloading and watched a movie over dinner. Two hours later it was <10% done with 99% to go. I deleted and restarted, but no dice, it's still claiming days to download.

What a tremendous screw up. Why didn't it auto-download? Why didn't they preload this?

Is this problem exclusive to PS4?

Just finished the game and it was wonderful. The whole series has been a great experience.
I sacrificed Chloe :( I just couldn't let all those people die

Finished the episode. Really enjoyed the experience throughout, though I was hoping for more with the ending, honestly. I was really hoping to see more personal endings based on your choices throughout. Doesn't detract too much from what was a really enjoyable game, with particularly excellent characters, however.

Top Bottom