• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

Astral

Damn. I've been friendzoning Warren all game, but maybe this time he actually deserves something lol. I don't know what to do!

Sorian

Banned
He's saying crap. All choices in this game matters, the final episode revolves around the meaning of your choices, and even the dialogue for the final choices and the aftermath of it can be different depending on what you did the entire game, so yes, CHOICES FUCKING MATTER IN LIFE IS STRANGE.

tumblr_md7nlrmi321rkghduo1_400.gif

I generally like to play LiS episodes in one session, but it's looking like that will be impossible in the next week, and I don't think I can stand waiting.

Are there any good stopping points in this episode? Can you tell me where they are such that I'll recognize them when I get there, without giving anything about the story away? About how far in are they?

Thank you so much!

ghostjoke

Banned
I generally like to play LiS episodes in one session, but it's looking like that will be impossible in the next week, and I don't think I can stand waiting.

Are there any good stopping points in this episode? Can you tell me where they are such that I'll recognize them when I get there, without giving anything about the story away? About how far in are they?

Thank you so much!

I'd say there are three major parts to ep5. The set up from end of ep4, the storm, and Max's powers. If you get to points where things are addressed (not outright solved but addressed), you should be at a good place to take a break. It's a rather short episode anyway so if you want to split it into 2, break when a David Lynchy horror tone sets in.

statham

Just finished Episode 1 so I probably shouldn't be here....

But I really enjoyed it. The plot so far was totally, totally inconclusive in any way, but at least I don't have to wait for more (the reason I held off so long in the first place). I really liked the limited (but important feeling) choices and the way you can intimately check out pretty much every inch of the world. Can't wait to play more of this, it's pretty unique without feeling pretentious.

Seeing the
book / tape / whatever it was that says "Rachel"
at the end gave me legit chils, that was the one thing that was totally fucking tantalizing.

you should avoid this and the spoiler thread, seriously, enjoy the ride, its very good.

I'd say there are three major parts to ep5.
Perfect! That's exactly what I need.

I appreciate that you're trying to be vague, but could you be a bit more specific about where to stop? Is there a certain location, or a memorable line of dialogue which doesn't spoil anything when taken out of context, that I could use as a queue?

Persona7

Banned
Just installed Episode 5

I'm currently kinda busy so how long does this one take to finish?

It took me about 5 hours including the time it took to get the three photos I missed after. I am extremely slow so the average play through is probably a bit less.

dity

I honestly, I think your choices throughout the game DID matter. A lot of things that occur
in the nightmare
seem to be related to your choices.

Also I only gave Warren
a hug
, because he was useful but I totally got that "nice guy who thinks he deserves sex" vibe from him
that the nightmare Max went theough seemed to confirm as what Max felt as well, due to how persistent and forcedul he seemes to be about getting you in his car alone

verge of tears and I saw the priest and I couldn't stop thinking about the curb theme, ruined the whole scene for me
Holy shit
I knew he looked like Larry David, I was feeling kinda odd making that connection

Also, the episode took me around 4-5 hours. I like to look at everything, click on everything that I can, and talk to absolutely everyone.

Steamlord

I honestly, I think your choices throughout the game DID matter. A lot of things that occur
in the nightmare
seem to be related to your choices.

That's how I felt. Just because the ending itself doesn't delve into every choice you've made doesn't mean they're not significant, especially since they're addressed quite a lot throughout Episode 5.

dity

That's how I felt. Just because the ending itself doesn't delve into every choice you've made doesn't mean they're not significant, especially since they're addressed quite a lot throughout Episode 5.
Apparently lots of dialogue and stuff can change in that section depending on your choices. Pretty great IMO.

I know I'm a little behind, I'm just getting caught up...

I just finished episode 4, and... Omg what the fuck?!!
I feel like I should suspected Jefferson, but... I didn't

septicore

After finishing this game, I can say this one of my GOTY candidates for the year.

Never felt so many emotions going through my mind and body while playing a game.

~Kinggi~

Banned
After finishing this game, I can say this one of my GOTY candidates for the year.

Never felt so many emotions going through my mind and body while playing a game.

the last game i was impacted as much emotionally was the Last of Us i think. It is definitely a nice achievement for the creators. Whoever is running Square's western division needs to be given more powa and monies.

Opto

Banned
I just finished it. I'm surprised this didn't take longer to come out because production value is amazing. Ya'll are in for a trip

Top Bottom