• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

It would be kind of interesting to see what they do with if they went with a male protagonist for a theoretical second season. Seeing how awesome and non-stereotyped they made a female lead, I think it would be cool.

This last episode is craaaazy and I love it so much!

I think I'm near/right at the end
where I have to sacrifice Chloe or Arcadia Bay
and don't want it to end

Question about my spoilered bit:
I'm assuming I won't be able to rewind to watch different outcomes like what happened with Kate
?

Phocks

If they do a season 2 I hope
it's a different protagonist.

As much as I like
Max Caulfield: Time Warrior,
I feel her story is done.
They devs have said before that they'll do another protag if they make another season.

FluxWaveZ

If they do a season 2 I hope
it's a different protagonist.

As much as I like
Max Caulfield: Time Warrior,
I feel her story is done.

Considering the ending,
following a season 2 with Max as the protagonist would be laughable and stupid. I feel pretty much the same as using time traveling as a conceit. The story would need to be entirely different.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
There is zero reason to have a Season 2. The story is complete.

Shauni

So I am pretty lost in Chapter 5 right now:

What is the code for the door in the room with all the numbers? I feel like it's obviously something about the numbers in the square, but I'm not getting it at all

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

What is the code for the door in the room with all the numbers? I feel like it's obviously something about the numbers in the square, but I'm not getting it at all

Look in the mirror at the one code that's there. To the left.

There is zero reason to have a Season 2. The story is complete.

I could see just one way they could do a season 2: have it take place in the past.
We know what happens to Rachel, but what if she got this time power as well, and the story is about how she ends up dead even with that power. In this case we have a game where we know the ending but not why it was allowed to happen. And maybe it has a new mechanic of moving *forward* in time, and that's how she can give the ability to Max, show her (as the deer) where to go, etc.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I could see just one way they could do a season 2: have it take place in the past.
We know what happens to Rachel, but what if she got this time power as well, and the story is about how she ends up dead even with that power.

Those things never even registered in my brain as important. Just window dressing. Especially (complete spoilers)
I never once actually cared how or why Max got powers. I just accepted it from the beginning, and never questioned it and never felt they were for any purpose. But that's just me.

What a journey it has been. Really loved the last episode as well. I've rarely been both so intrigued and nervous where the story was going next. Overall that was the most surreal, strange and in the end the most emotional episode for me.

Look in the mirrors.

Edit: damn, was beaten. That's what I get for not refreshing the page after opening it 12 minutes ago.

Shauni

What was the final song, anyone know? Really dug most of the music in this game, would love to see a composed list or OST.

Great job, Dontnod. With each episode, they managed to consistently surprise me while nerve betraying my expectations. The end result is one of my favorite games this year.

That last episode was out there but I liked a lot that it brought closure on pretty much everything.

To my surprise the reception here is different than on the LiS subreddit. People over there have been saying that they were extremely disappointed with the episode, especially the ending.

Violet_0

Banned
What was the final song, anyone know? Really dug most of the music in this game, would love to see a composed list or OST.

Foals - Spanish Sahara

perfect choice for the ending
To my surprise the reception here is different than on the LiS subreddit. People over there have been saying that they were extremely disappointed with the episode, especially the ending.
well we got
one great and one pretty terrible ending. It's a bit disappointing that it's a just binary A or B choice and the previous decisions don't really matter, but on the other hand the sacrifice Chloe ending really is a good conclusion

Agree that ending song was perfect. They've really captured some amazing moments during the game with some great song choices. Another personal favorite is the use of Kids Will Be Skeletons in the end of episode 3. I'll probably play the last episode again in couple of days with some different choices. Also I have to replay at least one chapter later since I missed two photos overall.

well we got
one great and one pretty terrible ending. It's a bit disappointing that it's a just binary A or B choice and the previous decisions don't really matter, but on the other hand the sacrifice Chloe ending really is a good conclusion

That's the feeling I got and actually just wrote to the spoiler thread. Sacrificing Chloe was a really hard choice to make, but it felt right in so many ways. Probably one of the most emotional game endings for me. I also had a feeling after that the other ending wont be quite as good or emotional one. I'll try it out on my second playthrough.

Demoskinos

So I've been sitting on all the episodes until 5 hit and I just got through episode 2 and
I couldn't save Kate and fuck this game is savage. I feel so bad. :(

Talk about a gut punch. I was wondering if you could even save her then i saw the results screen and part of me really wants to go back and save her but I think I'm just going to stick to how my story is naturally unfolding.

The one thing that seemed off to me was how Madsen threw Max under the bus for the Weed thing after I talked to him like 10 minutes prior and it seemed like we kinda hashed (no pun intended) it out.
Plan on playing an episode a day this week. Ep 1. Monday Ep 2. today all the way through friday. Can't wait.

uniform

Where are the reviews? I only see Gamespot's review from the bigger sites, and they....gave it a 6.0.

As someone that just finished episode 3, I was curious how the finale reviewed. Upon seeing that 6.0 I looked at their episode 4 review, noting it also scored a 6.0.

Hopefully I enjoy these last two more than the gamespot reviewer.

Finished. Beautiful final chapter from one of the best games of the year, is all I have to say. :)

(edit) it says a lot that I'm able to forgive the bugs I suffered.

chadskin

I may not be the first to have noticed this but it says "Thank you for playing Life is Strange - Season 1" in the scrolling text at the very end (specifically, the screen with the three polaroids before you exit to the main menu).

That all but confirms there's going to be more seasons of LiS, imho.

ash_ag

That was hella good. A very satisfying ending to one of the best games of the year and, in my opinion, the pinnacle of its genre. After the promising but mediocre Remember Me, I feel Dontnod have proven themselves.

Incidentally,
the rolling text at the end refers to "Life is Strange, season 1". Hmm.

Chariot

That was hella good. A very satisfying ending to one of the best games of the year and, in my opinion, the pinnacle of its genre. After the promising but mediocre Remember Me, I feel Dontnod have proven themselves.

Incidentally,
the rolling text at the end refers to "Life is Strange, season 1". Hmm.
We know for a few months already that the devs already thought about a second season with all-new cast and location. With the success of this, they most likely will get all the funding. Me thinks.

ash_ag

We know for a few months already that the devs already thought about a second season with all-new cast and location. With the success of this, they most likely will get all the funding. Me thinks.

Good to hear this is the way they would go about a Season 2. To be perfectly honest, I would prefer an entirely original new game based on the genre, but I'm perfectly fine with seeing some more LiS.

Moofers

Episode 5 of Life Is Strange. Not done just yet but getting close. It's not perfect but it's so damn good. Just as I am about to gripe about some small line of dialogue, the game brings me to tears again. Holy shit what an awesome story. It's a powerful game, guys. Don't miss it.

DukeBobby

Hmm, mixed thoughts about the finale.

Some great moments, some tedious moments (including one part that I had to do 4 times because of an annoying bug), and an ending that I'm still mulling over.

Then again, I can't remember the last time I was satisfied by an ending in one of these episodic games. Even The Walking Dead's finale didn't impress me that much (aside from the one obvious part), and I thought The Wolf Among Us limped to a damp squib of an ending after episode 3. I've heard good things about Tales from the Borderlands, though. Gonna have to try that one next.

CHC

Just finished Episode 1 so I probably shouldn't be here....

But I really enjoyed it. The plot so far was totally, totally inconclusive in any way, but at least I don't have to wait for more (the reason I held off so long in the first place). I really liked the limited (but important feeling) choices and the way you can intimately check out pretty much every inch of the world. Can't wait to play more of this, it's pretty unique without feeling pretentious.

Seeing the
book / tape / whatever it was that says "Rachel"
at the end gave me legit chils, that was the one thing that was totally fucking tantalizing.

I dont know I'm having a mixed reaction to the ending, I think it ended really well imo, but it felt a bit Mass Effectey ... I dont think any of my choices really had true meaning to it.

Oh well, it was a still a great ride. Got Borderlands on dl, will play that tomorow.....for now sleep.

Staying out of the thread just in case I come across even opaque spoilers. Just wanted to affirm that you people know what's up, especially those that have been with LiS since launch. Just bought the season pass and played through Episode 1 last night and I love the spin that DONTNOD has brought to the "interactive adventure game". The world feels a lot more filled in to me the similar entries in the genre, maybe because of all the random things that Max can look at and comment upon. The rewind mechanic is a great way to empower the player to experiment with dialogue paths without trivializing the choice since Max's responses after key choices always have that tinge of ambiguity. Love the setting and obvious references to Twin Peaks and nod to other shows such as True Detective.

Astral

I dont know I'm having a mixed reaction to the ending, I think it ended really well imo, but it felt a bit Mass Effectey ... I dont think any of my choices really had true meaning to it.

Oh well, it was a still a great ride. Got Borderlands on dl, will play that tomorow.....for now sleep.

I was afraid of this. Does the game only have one ending?

LeonSPBR

I was afraid of this. Does the game only have one ending?

He's saying crap. All choices in this game matters, the final episode revolves around the meaning of your choices, and even the dialogue for the final choices and the aftermath of it can be different depending on what you did the entire game, so yes, CHOICES FUCKING MATTER IN LIFE IS STRANGE.

Top Bottom