• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

Choomp

Banned
I've been thinking a bit about the Max's powers.

Time is nothing but an illusion, without it everything we have is molecules of objects and surroundings moving from one place to another.

Max can reverse time, that means she’s altering every single tiny molecules back to their previous state and start new from there. This also indicates that she can switch between alternates universes. In order for this to happen, she has to rewind everything throughout the whole world. Even the entire universe. So basically she's a god or something like that, I dunno.

What do you think about this?

PS: Is this a spoiler for some people? I'll change it if someone say this it's a spoiler for him/her.

I'm going to love if they pull some Bioshock Infinite shiz like that. Makin things complicated gotta love it

Hey maybe that janitor guy could become of some importance eventually, why else would they make him a weird, depressing character

lil

As a high schooler/18 year old/art student I can promise you guys the dialogue is spot on. Doesn't mean you have to like it though, hahahaha!

Managed to extract the model and port it over to SFM. Hopefully I can pull out enough objects to build a scene.
That is awesome!! Good luck!

Yeah I like Victoria, or at least felt for her enough to
comfort her
. But I truly feel for Kate, that bullying seems to be quite ruthless.
It was so sad to see her in her room at the end. I'm wondering if Nathan might have drugged her and done to her what he planned to do to Chloe since it involved a camera (which seems to be a recurring theme) and there are talks of a video being out.
THAT WOULD BE TERRIBLE AHHH. I was wondering why I kept seeing mentions of a video. Like I get the abstinence bullying but that just stood out to me. I guarantee you someone else has been assaulted by Nathan though. This can't be the first time he's tried this.
There is some neat stuff on tumblr.
Wow, great stuff! Love the portrait of Max. I gotta get working on some fanart soon!

Time is nothing but an illusion, without it everything we have is molecules of objects and surroundings moving from one place to another.

Max can reverse time, that means she’s altering every single tiny molecules back to their previous state and start new from there. This also indicates that she can switch between alternates universes. In order for this to happen, she has to rewind everything throughout the whole world. Even the entire universe. So basically she's a god or something like that, I dunno.

PS: Is this a spoiler for some people? I'll change it if someone say this it's a spoiler for him/her.

nah man, she just sending her own consciousness/self back time, a lot less matter to manipulate

Astral

From what I played in the demo and what I saw in the giant bomb quick look, the dialogue IS cringe-worthy at time but that's because the shit teenagers say is cringe-worthy. It seems pretty accurate. "Go fuck your selfie" is gold though.

I've played enough of episodic games to know that at some point during episode 2 we'll be able to call out Chloe for saying 'hella' all the time. And it will be glorious.

nah man, she just sending her own consciousness/self back time, a lot less matter to manipulate

She has a cell phone. She be sendin D-mails man.

Also, to the person asking who uses a Polaroid, it was a gift from her family so she could pursue her dream. It's hinted at in her journal that she comes from a pretty modest background, as she mentions financial aid translating to possibly new clothes, and her current "ratty" clothes.

Dr. Buni

I loved most of the dialogues. The only dialogue that made me cringe a bit was
when Chloe was dancing on top of her bed, asking to Max to dance as well. I was like "please stop >_>"

Filben

I loved most of the dialogues. The only dialogue that made me cringe a bit was
when Chloe was dancing on top of her bed, asking to Max to dance as well. I was like "please stop >_>"
I found that kind of sympathic. Because I could never imagine myself to dance with just one other person in a room. It's so weird... like those guys at the club who are rocking the dance floor... in a group of four or something like that. You only dance when there are a lot of people dancing. But Chloe just does it. And Max is in that very awkward situation but it is fun for Chloe so it is for Max in the end. Both having a fun time. And that "just do it" attitude is what I really think is cool.

Danj

Applying Occam's razor, it's much more likely a combination of teleportation and consciousness transfer, i.e. the only thing she is impacting is herself. She transfers her consciousness to an earlier version of herself and then (if she's moved) teleports to the new position. I mean okay, that's still really far fetched, but less so than the idea that she's rewinding every single molecule in the universe a la Galaxy Quest Omega 13 device.

Yeah that.

Symphonia

Banned
Yeah I like Victoria, or at least felt for her enough to
comfort her
. But I truly feel for Kate, that bullying seems to be quite ruthless.
It was so sad to see her in her room at the end. I'm wondering if Nathan might have drugged her and done to her what he planned to do to Chloe since it involved a camera (which seems to be a recurring theme) and there are talks of a video being out.
Nah, man, fuck Victoria.

I made fun of her when given the choice. Victoria just reminded me of all the bitchy girls at my school who acted exactly like that. I was originally going to comfort her but the 'Go fuck your selfie...' comment changed my mind on that matter pretty quickly. I can see Victoria becoming a key plot point in future episodes, with a possible save her/let her die scenario. Depending on how she is through the rest of the game, I'm not sure which one I'd choose if we were faced with that choice.

I definitely do feel sorry for Kate though. The poor girl doesn't deserve any of the shit being thrown her way. When Max spies David giving her grief, I jumped right in to support her. There's definitely something going on with David and Kate. Like, why did he have those photos of her? I can see Kate also being fundamental to the plot, maybe getting drugged by Nathan like you suggested. I can see Nathan being a 'boss' at the end-game. Little bitch deserves to die.

Danj

I definitely do feel sorry for Kate though. The poor girl doesn't deserve any of the shit being thrown her way. When Max spies David giving her grief, I jumped right in to support her. There's definitely something going on with David and Kate. Like, why did he have those photos of her? I can see Kate also being fundamental to the plot

Jumping in at that point
denies you the chance to get a photo of David hassling Kate, which you can use to confront him later when you're at Chloe's house.

Slowdive

Banned
Just finished it, loved it.

B5QBGtrIgAEgcdQ.png

Dreamfall Chapters, Dreamfall + The Longest Journey, is the closest to Life Is Strange in terms of 3rd person adventure games with fantastic writing and characters and female protagonists although has sci-fi and fantasy settings.

TLJ and Dreamfall are two of my favourite games ever. Dreamfall Chapters is shaping up to be really good (if not just as good) too. If people want something similar you should check these out.

Chariot

Jumping in at that point
denies you the chance to get a photo of David hassling Kate, which you can use to confront him later when you're at Chloe's house.
Is it of any use? I figured that I could use it at some point, but decided against it, because the photo doesn't proof much. It's him speaking maybe angrily with a girl. Maybe she was littering. With everyone dogpiling on her, she doesn't really have a good stand. So I thought it would be better to lighten her day a bit.

Symphonia

Banned
Jumping in at that point
I tried out both and stuck with Max intervening. I just couldn't sit back and watch her feel even more shit about herself thanks to that scumbag. Her hating Max for not helping just wasn't an option for me. I'm sticking by Kate's side throughout the game.

Manu

I tried out both and stuck with Max intervening. I just couldn't sit back and watch her feel even more shit about herself thanks to that scumbag. Her hating Max for not helping just wasn't an option for me. I'm sticking by Kate's side throughout the game.

Same here. But I gotta wonder why the game doesn't allow you to keep the picture after rewinding, since you keep things in your inventory.

Intervening AND keeping the picture should be possible according to the game's own rules.

Has there been an explanation for the awful lip sync? It's beyond the "quick and dirty" style you'd see in a Telltale game, it's like the mouths aren't even made to match the words at all, it looks like a dubbed movie. Is there a French audio track in the game in other regions that the lip sync actually matches to?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Has there been an explanation for the awful lip sync? It's beyond the "quick and dirty" style you'd see in a Telltale game, it's like the mouths aren't even made to match the words at all, it looks like a dubbed movie. Is there a French audio track in the game in other regions that the lip sync actually matches to?

The game is in English with English and French subs.

Chariot

It's a mystery.

Maybe it's a plotpoint and Max hears different things from what people actually say.

Astral

Ugh it was too short. I wanted moooore. I apparently missed a ton of shit. Apparently there's a totem pole? And who the heck was that guy at the end in the trailer home? I didn't even see a trailer.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Ugh it was too short. I wanted moooore. I apparently missed a ton of shit. Apparently there's a totem pole? And who the heck was that guy at the end in the trailer home? I didn't even see a trailer.

You didnt look around the parking lot.

Aaron D.

Sweet. I didn't realize it was either/or, as I read it as only being "reset your game save to the selected chapter". I'll have to look more closely next time.

Thanks!

Astral

Alright I went back and got the collectibles I was missing. I'm really looking forward to the next episode. Hopefully our choices really do matter, unlike The Walking Dead. I guess now I'll make a file where I do things differently.

jediyoshi

Alright I went back and got the collectibles I was missing. I'm really looking forward to the next episode. Hopefully our choices really do matter, unlike The Walking Dead. I guess now I'll make a file where I do things differently.

Depends, do you consider the Doug/Carley choice as 'mattering' from S1? Logistically, it's impossible for you to basically get multiple games out of just different choices. The fact that in this game your single choice can have more than a single output is a nice enough evolution of Telltale stuff.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Just finished. Love it so far.

My only complaint is, I grew up in San Francisco and they are using "hella" wrong in every instance.

Cloudy

Banned
Just finished it, loved it.

TLJ and Dreamfall are two of my favourite games ever. Dreamfall Chapters is shaping up to be really good (if not just as good) too. If people want something similar you should check these out.

Is the whole series on xbox/360?

DigtialT

Excuse me if my post will be out of place, but I noticed when I was playing I would rewind time to make the things other characters experienced better.
Like with the skateboard trick thing, when I saw the guy bail and be on the floor in pain I took the picture, but I didn't like leaving him to be in pain, so I rewinded time and had him do a noseslide, even though it would get me nothing. He seemed really happy with himself afterwards and it made me feel better leaving him like that, even though I know he wont be important and the game never told me it would have consequences later.

Manu

The funny thing is that Jim Sterling also gave it a 6.5 but he actually tried to justify his reasons for it, while the IGN review only talks shit about the dialogue and voice acting.

They actually say the VA is worse than the writing, which I didn't think was the case at all.

Dead

well not really...yet
Played and finished the chapter today (Though apparently I missed the guy in the trailer). Game is amaze, and you totally get attached to the characters. The remaining chapters have shot up to the top of my most anticipated games of the year.

Also, is it just me or did anyone else get an Alan Wake feel from the game?

lil

Weird, I LOVE the VAs, especially Max. Her voice is so soothing, lol. Victoria's delivery makes the lines that much better, too.

Choomp

Banned
Played and finished the chapter today (Though apparently I missed the guy in the trailer). Game is amaze, and you totally get attached to the characters. The remaining chapters have shot up to the top of my most anticipated games of the year.

Also, is it just me or did anyone else get an Alan Wake feel from the game?

From the beginning to end Arcadia Bay gave me a very similar feel Alan Wake did, yup.

I also love the voice acting, Max's probably being my favorite. Even some of the more minor characters have interesting voices, Daniel, Samuel.

Cloudy

Banned
Weird, I LOVE the VAs, especially Max. Her voice is so soothing, lol. Victoria's delivery makes the lines that much better, too.

I like all the main VAs except Chloe cos her delivery seems sped up. Max's voice sounds so awesome. I bet the actress is hot lol

Top Bottom