• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

I like all the main VAs except Chloe cos her delivery seems sped up. Max's voice sounds so awesome. I bet the actress is hot lol

Look at this fuckin hipster

8333039.jpg

I kid. Apparently she was in Murdered Soul Suspect too

I'm actually more surprised that Chloe is Ashley Burch, AKA Tiny Tina from Borderlands

jakomocha

Wow, had no clue she was voiced by Ashley Burch.

Anyways, I think all around it was pretty great voice acting except maybe it's just me but some of the minor characters sound exactly the same.

Pappasman

I just finished it. It was okay. It's probably much better played as a whole finished story. A lot of the dialogue come off as stilted and awkward, but the whole package was pretty good.

Danj

Is it of any use? I figured that I could use it at some point, but decided against it, because the photo doesn't proof much. It's him speaking maybe angrily with a girl. Maybe she was littering. With everyone dogpiling on her, she doesn't really have a good stand. So I thought it would be better to lighten her day a bit.

I tried out both and stuck with Max intervening. I just couldn't sit back and watch her feel even more shit about herself thanks to that scumbag. Her hating Max for not helping just wasn't an option for me. I'm sticking by Kate's side throughout the game.

I get what you are saying, but the
David and Kate photo
if you have it will be used automatically later in the
confrontation between Chloe and David at their house to make David back down
. Kate's nice and all, but every time I tried to get her to talk to me about what was going on, she didn't seem to want to say anything, and I figure if I can sort out the
David
situation she'll be OK.

Same here. But I gotta wonder why the game doesn't allow you to keep the picture after rewinding, since you keep things in your inventory.

Intervening AND keeping the picture should be possible according to the game's own rules.

Yeah I also thought that, but I tried that with a number of situations and I didn't
retain the photo after rewinding
in any of them. Like with Victoria for example, I wanted to
take the picture of her covered in paint but then rewind and console her
, but the game doesn't let you
keep the picture
if you do that.

Mista

Banned
im stuck
trying to get the tools from the garage of the friends...

Solution:
Theres a card box on the ground, push it under the table. Then turn on the washing machine and the tools will fall. Turn off the washing maching then pull card box on the ground

Danj

Solution:
Theres a card box on the ground, push it under the table. Then turn on the washing machine and the tools will fall. Turn off the washing maching then pull card box on the ground

Actually
the piece of cardboard doesn't become pushable until you turn the washing machine on once and wait for the tools to fall
. So you have to do it "wrong" before you can rewind and do it right.

spekkeh

Banned
Look at this fuckin hipster

8333039.jpg

I kid. Apparently she was in Murdered Soul Suspect too

I'm actually more surprised that Chloe is Ashley Burch, AKA Tiny Tina from Borderlands

Oh purty. I think the problem I have with the dialog is not only the writing but also that the characters sound like they're way older than 18. I feel that most women's voices deepen out in their twenties, but this might just be a media bias , I don't know. I should pay more attention to the way my students talk from undegraduate to graduate.

Downloaded the trial and played through to the end of that this morning, really enjoyed it. Bought the first episode based on that, but will wait on reviews for ep2 / see whether I'm still hyped before purchasing the 2-5 pass. It's a good system, in my opinion - a decent trial and a cheap entry price to get you hooked. Not enough games with trials / demos these days, so I like to support the ones that have them (Forza Horizon 2 as an example).

Never played an episodic game like this before, since none of the Telltale series' relate to anything I've watched or read in the past (though I'm definitely interested in the upcoming Minecraft series since it will be more of a fresh IP). Suits my style of play these days - I don't have much time to game, and don't really fancy anything that will absolutely destroy me (Battlefield online).

Also, it feels nice to support a game with a female lead that isn't a sex object. It's a small thing, but think it's worth showing the industry that it isn't a barrier to people playing your game.

Danj

Never played an episodic game like this before, since none of the Telltale series' relate to anything I've watched or read in the past

Do not let this stop you. I knew nothing about the Fables comic series before getting Wolf Among Us and I loved it and it made me go out and look for the source material, which is also awesome.

Choomp

Banned
Actually
the piece of cardboard doesn't become pushable until you turn the washing machine on once and wait for the tools to fall
. So you have to do it "wrong" before you can rewind and do it right.

Yup. This is the case with a few things actually, so you can't really breeze through stuff like this if you're not playing it for the first time.

deoee

Btw. you can get the episodes a bit cheaper at gmg with 20PERO-FFDIGI-GAMESX

They even have the episode 2-5 package :3

Do not let this stop you. I knew nothing about the Fables comic series before getting Wolf Among Us and I loved it and it made me go out and look for the source material, which is also awesome.

I've got the first few seasons of The Walking Dead on my Prime Video list, so I'll play that (if I ever get round to watching / find the time for it).

Just finished. Loved it. Will be interesting to see how much the choices affect what happens in the end, but I'm definitely gonna try to convince some of my friends to play it. Also, the 'choices' section at the end? Most of those I didn't even notice! I guess that's where re-playability comes in. Interesting to see the stats though.

PooBone

I despise release schedules like this. I won't even try this game til 4 or 5 episodes are out there. If you're gonna do episodic, do it the way Resident Evil: Revelations 2 is doing it.

BBboy20

So...PC version since it sounds like a good version or PS4 due to theme and that, for some reason, I keep thinking this was a PS4 game.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I despise release schedules like this. I won't even try this game til 4 or 5 episodes are out there. If you're gonna do episodic, do it the way Resident Evil: Revelations 2 is doing it.

Adding Microtransactions into the game? ;)

Dr. Buni

How is the way Resident Evil Revelations 2 is doing? I want to know at least one thing Capcom is doing right with that game.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
How is the way Resident Evil Revelations 2 is doing? I want to know at least one thing Capcom is doing right with that game.

Weekly which means they cut the game into pieces just for the sake of making it episodic.

So...PC version since it sounds like a good version or PS4 due to theme and that, for some reason, I keep thinking this was a PS4 game.

Well, it is a PS4 game, but yeah I get you, as a subscriber to the PlayStation youtube channel that's how I learned about this game, I thought that it was exclusive cause it seems they were promoting, but I guess not.

Did Microsoft promoted the game at all? just curious to know, since I don't follow their channels

Danj

You know there's a free demo on consoles, right? You won't even try it for free?

And the way things are at the moment it's not that different to how TV episodes work, these days there are often gaps of several weeks between TV episodes.

Manu

What? Can you justify Capcom charging players to save a game they've already spent money on?

No, it's the fact that you don't need to pay to save the game.

An interview just mentioned an optional item that you can buy to respawn in the place where you died instead of going back IN RAID MODE.

The whole thing turned snowballed into a giant fucking deal, when it was nowhere near what they were reporting.

EDIT: Sorry for the off-topic. As one of the few people excited for RE Revelations 2 it gets really fucking annoying to read all the misinformed hate it gets.

YRuafraid

Banned
This is a Square-Enix game?? What happened to SE sucking ass in recent times, are they finally making a comeback with quality games? Maybe this means good things for FFXV

Manu

This is a Square-Enix game?? What happened to SE sucking ass in recent times, are they finally making a comeback with quality games? Maybe this means good things for FFXV

I think you can thank Dontnod for the game being good rather than Square Enix.

But good for SE giving them complete freedom, since we know Dontnod struggled with finding a publisher because of the themes in the game.

YRuafraid

Banned
I think you can thank Dontnod for the game being good rather than Square Enix.

But good for SE giving them complete freedom, since we know Dontnod struggled with finding a publisher because of the themes in the game.

They seem to be on top of their publishing game. Although while playing the game I did not even notice any "Dontnod" but I do remember a large "Square-Enix" logo next to Max at the beginning of the game.

Steam rating seems very good, at least.

That's because the people on the discussion boards are just idiot trolls. It would shock me to learn that even a single one of them actually bought and played the game. Even the negative reviews that are written are mostly focusing on the poor lip-synching and the sketchy writing, or crashing issues.

Top Bottom